Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
PandoraHearts
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 29, 2009 12:21 AM

Jul 2008
adamantine said:
Alice sitting on that couch = badass.

I agree!!

I wonder if I should read the manga >.> I'm really curious whats gonna happen next... but if I did it'll probably lessen the excitement on watching the animation.

shattered memories? reminds me much of tsubasa chronicles.

Apr 29, 2009 12:53 AM

Jan 2008
punkvolume1 said:
adamantine said:
Alice sitting on that couch = badass.

I agree!!

I wonder if I should read the manga >.> I'm really curious whats gonna happen next... but if I did it'll probably lessen the excitement on watching the animation.

shattered memories? reminds me much of tsubasa chronicles.

Yeah, I agree on that one too XD alice is love <3

Read the manga :3 I read the manga first but I'm still very excited about the anime episodes xD

and yeah, that 'shattered memories and collecting them' plot line really reminds me of tsubasa rc + since Yuki Kajiura is the composer of both animes' OSTs I just can't help but compare them xD
tho Pandora gets some extra points for the cooler characters :3
We're all insane
Apr 29, 2009 5:14 PM

Jan 2009
so is this sort of similar to the way things worked in chrono crusade
in terms of the demon/rabbit killing their contractor if they use too much of their power

does the music sound similar to any other anime... I'm thinking tsubasa chronicles but i could be thinking of something else though
Apr 29, 2009 5:45 PM

Jul 2008
cyimtyler2 said:

does the music sound similar to any other anime... I'm thinking tsubasa chronicles but i could be thinking of something else though

lolz it not just you i was thinking same thing XD, but i think the music is still good with the fight scenes =D
Apr 30, 2009 11:50 PM
Oct 2007
Thank goodness I finally know what the series will generally be about. It started out so slow I was getting a bit impatient, but with the semi-explanations here, I think I'll stick with the show till the end.

The concept of recovering shattered memories is exactly like TRC but I hope the overall scheme will be different, especially whatever it is Oz is looking for. His past (?) with Alice seems interesting too. Otherwise, Alice > Sakura right now, Raven/Gil is totally worth looking at and needs more screen time, and Break is hilarious.
May 1, 2009 2:05 AM

Sep 2008
great episode, the plot has came in now :). I am really enjoying this series, great characters and designs (alice's is awesome!) and it's got an interesting and unique plot. This may be one of the best this season.
May 1, 2009 6:12 AM

Apr 2008
This show gets more and more interesting. Raven didn't say a lot or even do much, but his appearance and caring actions speak louder then words, implying he's a grown up Gil. Would be nice if Diana the cat was around to confirm!! :P (*Edit* Lol at spoilerific thread!!)

Wonder who the older blonde/green clothed guy behind the curtain was, related to Oz/that grave? Hope me see more of him especially since Ono Daisuke is VA :D But Break pretty much stole the show, though his treatment of Alice was cringe worthy :S

Guessing that while their are Illegal Contractors, there are probably authorised Contractors too, which maybe the Pandora members are...?
May 6, 2009 7:38 PM

Nov 2006
lianayuki said:
I wonder why doesn't Oz realize that Raven is actually Gill ...
i'm really pleased with how that was handled. he has absolutely no idea what happened while he was in the abyss, so it's natural to think raven's just some pandora buddy. plus, he looks different; his personality more so.

alice surprised me a lot this episode. looking forward to getting to know her character better. and i wish the mango would get scanlations. ):
May 7, 2009 2:19 PM

Jul 2008
Finally this episode gave a bit of an explaination. There's still quite a few questions that need to be answered, but all in do time, I suppose. This should be interesting with Pandora, Oz, and Alice teaming up all for their different reasons. Which are still unclear.
May 8, 2009 12:34 AM
Apr 2009
I love the battle music
May 8, 2009 1:47 AM

Jan 2009
Alice is tsundere. Nuff' said
May 9, 2009 6:05 PM

Oct 2008
Raven looks like the protagonist in Gun x Sword.

Break is cute...

Regarding Raven..

May 10, 2009 8:31 PM

Mar 2009
it look like it would be a great anime
with humor and action

May 13, 2009 10:44 PM
Mar 2008
Arg Alice's crying face.
Jul 28, 2009 6:48 AM

Jan 2008
Break is a fag, Oz is too weak. Only passable characters thus far are Raven and Alice.
Aug 29, 2009 11:43 PM

Jun 2008
Break is one of those creepy smiling guys like Ichimaru for Bleach that i hate no matter what there intentions are.
But after four episodes things are pretty messed up still. So was Alice a human before? She must have been for her to have memories and all. How did she became a Chain? And who threw her in the Abyss? Did the Abyss existence has something to do with Alice? So many questions.
So the girl in the illusion that Oz saw was actually Alice. It was one of her memories. Won't that mean she might want to kill him when she gets her memories? And who was that guy behind the curtain? It seemed like he was a grown up Oz.
Is Raven, Gil? How many years have passed. Why aren't the others growing?
AM going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!
Well at least we know that those guys will be fighting together. Also Alice has a cute blushing face.
MonadAug 30, 2009 3:59 AM
Sep 22, 2009 2:35 AM

Aug 2009
OMIGAWD U GAIZ I JIST TOTALLIE FIGRRD SUMTIN OWT

Shakugan no Shana + D. Gray-man + Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle = Pandora Hearts

:O

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Sep 23, 2009 5:58 PM

Sep 2008
Yet another awesome episode.
Break creeps me out, with that creepy smile and all.
Alice is sooo cute when she's crying~
Nov 8, 2009 5:35 PM

Sep 2008
I'm liking this series so far, mainly for the tone and atmosphere of the show. The character designs and the dramatic background music are also very big pluses.

But I really am a little peeved that we've got yet another girl with amnesia here. What is it with fantasy stories having one of the protagonists have a forgotten past. It just drives me a little crazy, but everything else has been rather good so far. I'm still confused about a lot of things at the moment, but I'm still willing to watch more to find some answers.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2009 12:16 PM

Aug 2009
Whoaaaaaa, they tried to explained everything but I'm still quite confused, LOL.

Crying Alice was sure cute indeed. T'was funny how Oz said that that was just an hallucination after he saw the tsundere Alice, lool.

Pandora organization huh? Getting hot in here.

So, Alice's seal is now broken? Does that mean her full powers are back?
Jan 10, 2010 6:51 PM

Jul 2009
I love Break's voice, it suits his creepiness and I think I've heard it on Kuroshitsuji. Emily is cute and funny too. Charon doesn't seemed to have aged any. I wish Gil would have more lines, hes so hott, and i like his voice too. The series seems to be finally picking up. looking forward to the next episodes.
Jan 28, 2010 10:52 AM

May 2007
Selkaine said:
OMIGAWD U GAIZ I JIST TOTALLIE FIGRRD SUMTIN OWT

Shakugan no Shana + D. Gray-man + Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle = Pandora Hearts

:O

woot no wai !

Feb 3, 2010 6:15 PM

Oct 2009
I'm a bit confused, but i still like it
Feb 8, 2010 8:57 AM

Apr 2009
A'right, so far I hate Alice. Problems with split personality or sh*t, I don't care, she's just annoying.
Jul 1, 2010 11:07 PM

Mar 2010
aero said:
Break is a fag, Oz is too weak. Only passable characters thus far are Raven and Alice.
Jul 27, 2010 7:48 AM
Jun 2009
i kno this thraed is from last year but

jeebs this reminds me of tsubasa chronicle o.o finding memory pieces scattered across worlds
oh god TT.TT now im gonna cry. tsubasa chronicle is a painful memory to me..
its smthng between me and an online good female friend i used to have...we r like sakura and shyaoran. only we hurt each otehr too much and now we r apart..
just thinking of tsubasa c... it hurts me T.T so this anima is os much gonna hurt me too >.< darnit

sigh..il continu watching tho
as long as i can handle..
Oct 2, 2010 2:46 AM

Aug 2010
This anime manages to accomplish, within a few episodes, what many series lack: the characters are really likable. I love how lightly the main character takes everything and how calm he is. Alice was so cute when she was crying and then the next scene went straight to her being demanding. I don't know why, but I've always liked the girls who are practically bipolar in anime. Break also has quite an interesting personality, especially when he was stealing food of the plate and when he talked to the weird puppet thing on his shoulder.
Feb 26, 2011 5:15 PM

Jul 2010
schroedernoah said:
This anime manages to accomplish, within a few episodes, what many series lack: the characters are really likable. I love how lightly the main character takes everything and how calm he is. Alice was so cute when she was crying and then the next scene went straight to her being demanding. I don't know why, but I've always liked the girls who are practically bipolar in anime. Break also has quite an interesting personality, especially when he was stealing food of the plate and when he talked to the weird puppet thing on his shoulder.

the funny part was when he tried to steal it a second time, but oz was complelty aware of it, even though he was looking at break

Jul 23, 2011 6:39 PM

Jul 2010
heh Right on cue. Oz moved his plate just when Break was about to take his sweets.
Jan 17, 2012 11:17 PM

Mar 2009
One thing's very obvious.. but anyway Alice is better when she's kickass instead of crying.
Feb 17, 2012 2:00 PM

Nov 2011
Meh, wish Alice could fight at her best without turning into a giant rabbit. That would be aweosme! But I guess its still ok as it is =P.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Jul 29, 2012 1:52 PM

May 2012
Interesting development! Let the hunt of her memories begin!!!
Oct 7, 2012 5:56 PM

Jun 2012
Somewhat interesting, still cant get over the animation though.
Apr 13, 2013 5:27 PM

May 2012
Eh. It's okay so far but hopefully the animation quality will go up. I swear, it looks like the colors are muted or something. Don't really like the characters that much(Oz is pretty annoying honestly) but the plot is interesting so I'll give them a few more episodes to grow on me.
Dec 8, 2013 1:30 PM

Jan 2013
Haha his face every time he pouts xD.
Well I lost my interest in analyzing this anime, it's time to enjoy it :).
Mar 13, 2015 12:31 PM

Feb 2013
This is coming off as a bit generic to me. Maybe I should just suspend the cynic in me and have fun? Might get better. Also it's been a while since I heard a Kaijura track I liked (SAO's seemed pretty phoned in)
Jul 15, 2015 8:26 AM

Mar 2015
Things are getting interesting, isn't it?
Hmm~
Pandora organization, interesting.
So
What is the goal of Pandora? Curious.
Alice is pure win this episode. And her crying face is heart throbbing <3 X ~ X
I want to hug Alice. Alice is love.

Oz and Alice decided to join Pandora huh?
Getting interesting.
Jan 28, 2017 11:26 AM

May 2013
lol tsundere Alice

so since her memories take on their own form, I guess the one where Alice was strangling Oz wasn't her own memory, but a physical form of it attacking Oz :0
Kokoro_KotashimaJan 28, 2017 11:40 AM
May 15, 2020 12:34 PM

Aug 2019
This was a great episode. Finally some things were explained and all of them will be working together. The animation is still bad, everything looks so dull. But, I'm loving the characters. Break's voice fits perfectly, Alice is cool and I liked how Oz protected her. Gil is the best one, so hot and he really needs more screentime.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Mar 9, 2022 10:27 PM

Feb 2021
I'm interested in Alice's past and how she has memories scattered around. Did she used to be a human or something?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Remake

denboruto - Dec 28, 2019

25 by DeeLovesCats »»
Apr 2, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2009

77 by wewe_exo »»
Mar 8, 12:39 PM

» Help: Pandora Hearts filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Feb 8

3 by kakashis_sidehoe »»
Feb 13, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 24, 2009

269 by Enjolras_Rosen »»
Jan 8, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Sep 3, 2009

79 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 30, 2023 10:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.