Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 31, 2014 6:53 AM

Mar 2013
Pretty nice episode. It wasn't really surprising the life fibers origin is from space though
Jan 31, 2014 7:09 AM
May 2013
Man I was so disappointed when they said it was a recap episode, so glad it wasn't.

Good episode, nice explanation of what's going on and now a new motive for Ryuuko (The whole revenging her dad thing was getting a bit old) and that ending, I'm expecting Senketsu is going to play a big part next episode.
Jan 31, 2014 7:27 AM

Jan 2014
This episode was interesting, it gives us some nice background, but the best of it all it places new conflicts for Ryuko and Senketsu, what's more Ragyo expesses how badass is she.

And the best of it all NEW FREAKING OPENING AT LAST!!! I loved it, and it is amazing how Ragyo just menacingly evil even if she shines rainbows.
Jan 31, 2014 8:03 AM

Nov 2011
If only all recap episodes could end in the span of 90 seconds... New OP/ED were nice and of course, dat bath scene.

Nui's whole "You're the only one who understands me" bit made me think she's the deranged Mako-equivalent for Satsuki.
Jan 31, 2014 8:09 AM
Oct 2007
ashlelouch said:
Ami Koshimizu is a really fucking great VA.

Though I can't really understand why she got so upset, Ryuko's rage scene was great.

She was projecting her own feelings on Senketsu; they just told her that she HAS to save the world and there is literally no way out. She feels as if her father betrayed her bcause she was just raised to serve as Nudist Beach's weapon.
Jan 31, 2014 8:16 AM
Apr 2011
So....Horrible subs got trolled by Trigger by saying that this is a recap episode in the intro but it is really not a recap?
Jan 31, 2014 8:21 AM

Oct 2013
God that bath scene is in my top 10 best anime moments,what a legit way to fanservice.

Didnt think much of klk as of this episode,it trully had amazing execution.
Jan 31, 2014 8:25 AM

Jan 2010
Wow........that mom and daughter time......

I only have this to say about the big reveal involving the life fibers....

Jan 31, 2014 8:48 AM
Apr 2011
Episode 16 should have been episode 12 maybe even as early as episode 8. The origin of the Life Fibers has a huge plot potential. It is a shame the director wasted time by creating over the top episodes that serve no purpose at all. Funny thing is Trigger would have saved some money if they made more episodes filled with dialogue but advanced the plot instead of making half-assed action scenes that won't matter in the end.
Jan 31, 2014 9:07 AM

Sep 2011
Wow, I almost got trolled by the recap thing.

The alien revelation is ridiculous and crazy but I guess it's believable. :P
And Ryuko is resilient to life fiber? what?

That bath house scene though *nosebleed*
pew pew pew
Jan 31, 2014 9:14 AM

Jan 2013
I'm amazed .

Opening song : Purely epic .
The episode : The best so far . We get to learn of Life Fibers and dat bathroom scene , *__*
However , the ending was lame .

5/5 for the episode , 5/5 for the opening and 2/5 for the ending .
Jan 31, 2014 9:20 AM
Oct 2013
ravagestorm said:
Episode 16 should have been episode 12 maybe even as early as episode 8. The origin of the Life Fibers has a huge plot potential. It is a shame the director wasted time by creating over the top episodes that serve no purpose at all. Funny thing is Trigger would have saved some money if they made more episodes filled with dialogue but advanced the plot instead of making half-assed action scenes that won't matter in the end.

The Naturals Election and King of the Hill Final Battle served to display Satsuki's cunning (which makes her obedience to her mother even more frightening), establish the Elite 4's background and ideals, show the teamwork between Ryuuko and Senketsu, and build up to Ryuuko's last, grotesque transformation. Episodes 12-15 served to develop Ryuuko's motives and her relationship with Senketsu, show Nui's cunning, and show what a place not ruled by the Kiryuuins is like. I wouldn't dismiss them so easily.
Jan 31, 2014 9:34 AM

Feb 2011
Quite a bit going on here, it's less and less taking the Gurren Lagann route that most people, including myself, predicted, in terms of how the story is released, but plot wise, it's still on track. I fully expect Kiryuin to betray her mother and the world as a secret hero at the festival, which is why she was so desperate to amass an army of students and right hand men and women to fight for her under her banner and her banner only. I personally believe that she's super pleased with Ryuuko's growth because, hell, why wouldn't you? If your goal was to take out the world, and there's a person with equal strength who also doesn't like ho things are run. On another note...

Ancient Aliens.
Jan 31, 2014 9:46 AM

May 2013
We get the truth about the life fibers. Liking the new OP.
Jan 31, 2014 9:55 AM
Jul 2018
fanatrick said:
Underwater sub is out on nyaa!
I think I'll count on this guys from now on.

Underwater is great. I won't trust anyone else for Kill la Kill.
Jan 31, 2014 10:01 AM

Apr 2013
Oh.
My.
GOD.
THIS EPISODE WAS TOO AWESOME.
THIS NEW OP
THIS YURICEST???!!!!
THOSE OST
THIS PLOT
THIS RECAP
OH MY GOD
Jan 31, 2014 10:06 AM

Mar 2010
I thought the bath scene was a bit too much, honestly.

(before I go on I would just like to say that I understand that everyone is different and by that fact everyone has different appreciations, opinions, and tolerances for different things. And most importantly it is just a cartoon, no one is really getting abused.)

So far I've been enjoying the level of fan service in this show. It's absurd and extreme and I loved that about it. I also like how it plays in thematically with the show.

However, this weeks episode really caught me off-guard and crossed a line I didn't think Kill la Kill was going to cross. I don't know, I want to keep watching (and I probably will), but after this weeks episode the shows innocence has definitely been tarnished.

Everything leading up to this had been fun for the most part. The over-the-top transformations, the ridiculous jiggling, and even those crazy in your face crotch shots I felt like I could attribute to the more comedic elements of the show. But this one was different, it was darker, more erotic, and just a tad rapey-er than anything this show has done before.

I really don't want to see Kill la Kill slowly turn from "an irreverent, daring to be controversial anime" into "a decent Hentai with some interesting themes"
Jan 31, 2014 10:16 AM

Feb 2008
Chokko said:
Oh.
My.
GOD.
THIS NEW OP
THIS YURICEST???!!!!
THOSE OST
THIS PLOT
THIS RECAP
OH MY GOD

This, so much this.
Jan 31, 2014 10:59 AM

Mar 2012
New OST album whennnn.

Also, yeah, that bath scene was not sexy. It was clearly shown as a traumatizing experience for Satsuki.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 31, 2014 11:12 AM

Sep 2013
The great culture and sports festival, I think ragyo will fight satsuki's army with some of her forces so she can test satsuki's strenght under the guise it's a festival then ryuko comes in.
Jan 31, 2014 11:17 AM

Apr 2013
MyLonesomeCowboy said:
I thought the bath scene was a bit too much, honestly.

I understand where you are coming from, but I think the show really wanted to drive the point home that Satsuki and her mom's relationship is DEFINITELY not normal, as well as the fact that Ragyo is creepy as fuck.
Powerful eyebrows.
Jan 31, 2014 11:24 AM

Mar 2012
That new OP kinda gave me the chills. Also, the bath scene was really uncomfortable.
Jan 31, 2014 11:26 AM

Mar 2013
sentience said:
ShirayukiSumire said:
The Life Fibers are aliens from space feeding on humans? Trigger doesn't disappoint me.

If that's true that is pretty big and that is why Senketsu was so shocked too.

(Gosh what with the huge plot twists today, Samurai Flamenco also had an unbelievable one with the stupidity gone away.)
Ha ha ha, stupidity going away? unbelievable one? I never saw nothing so predictable as that whole: "the prime minister is the real boss". I still think that flamenco is full of stupidity, but I like it anyway, still, I would love If they got back to how they were on the first episodes. NOw to KLK. WHY THE HELL THEY DIDN"t used that OP first? It's amazing, also. I luv ragyo.
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jan 31, 2014 11:28 AM

Nov 2010
Junketsu looks so creepy in the opening when compared to Senketsu, almost like a spider or something. Well it is an alien after all...
Jan 31, 2014 11:30 AM

Jan 2013
vilmarbf said:

Spoiler tag please. This is a KLK thread.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jan 31, 2014 11:54 AM

Apr 2012
interesting take on the episode

(not my expressed opinion)
"The true plot is no unveiled and it turns out it is Chrono Trigger. The Original Life FIber is Lavos, Ragyo is Queen Zeal, Satsuki is Magus and Nui is Dalton."

http://chrono.wikia.com/wiki/Lavos

Jan 31, 2014 12:06 PM

Jan 2012
The soundtrack this episode was great, but I don't really care about the opening theme, I didn't like the first one either, but I like the animation sequences. I liked the ending theme, but it felt a bit out of place with the anime.
Dat "purification" scene lol. The scene at the end was interesting and it was funny when Mako tried to calm them down.
Jan 31, 2014 12:19 PM

Sep 2007
Recap portion was good and the new intro is better than the last one but the series remains disappointing in my eyes ...

Jan 31, 2014 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
And i was thinking that it would BE a recap episode, thank goodness i watched the first 2 minutes first.
NEW OP! I like it, better than the 1st one imo.
I like the fanservices, lol.
Ryuko was so cool, new ED was okay i guess, kinda cute tbh.
5/5
Jan 31, 2014 12:34 PM

Feb 2013
Amazing episode.
A bit of incest and a bit of nudity.
Ryuko stripping and that stupid light between the legs of the members of Nudist Beach, truly amazing.
Jan 31, 2014 12:36 PM

Dec 2013
So that's what they meant when they said that the second part would be much darker ..
I'm liking the turn this is taking, less fighting leaves more place for plot, which is always good. The soundtrack is getting better and better.

I was a bit hopeless for KlK but now I can see it becoming much more interesting now.

Rage-y Ryuuko : http://i.imgur.com/HnMC62J.gif
burnout6010Jan 31, 2014 1:25 PM
Jan 31, 2014 12:47 PM

Feb 2013
So so good as usual. I'm sure this will be talked about because of Satsuki and her mom (which I agree with a previous poster, it was unnerving) but the reveal met expectations. I mean, aliens, I will love anything because aliens and in KLK it's that much better. Interesting world building.

Last time it was the school trip and coming up is the sports and cultural festival...KLK making the high school concept fresh again.
fiddle_shnibsJan 31, 2014 1:02 PM
Jan 31, 2014 12:50 PM
Feb 2012
Dat bath scene was hot.
Jan 31, 2014 1:09 PM
Feb 2013
Notchrishansen said:
BRSxIgnition said:
Notchrishansen said:
Aliens are the big twist and yurishit..I hoped that this ep would change the status of this anime from dropped to watching...nope.
Course, because you know.. You can totally understand an episode that is 80% talking without subs.

Save your hate until you know what they said, or get out. If it's dropped, you don't need to be posting here.

So, we can say how much we love the series but we can't express distaste and disappointment. I'll just read this sypnosis because I've seen enough...enjoy the series, folks.

It's a matter of consistency. If you say you dropped it, then drop it. There is no shame in disliking something and stop watching it, but no-one likes whiners. It also makes no sense to keep coming back to a forum about a series you've dropped. There is no distinction between this sort of behaviour and outright trolling, otherwise.

Conversely, while I have been highly critical of certain scenes of certain anime-series, I always *liked* the anime to a high degree. The anime I didn't like I didn't watch anymore, and I certainly did not feel inclined to keep complaining about an anime that didn't interest me. In fact, the fact I have been criticising some parts of certain anime, was just because I thought it WAS worth commenting on them, because the anime itself was worth it. I never understood people who come bye on the forum every week, and each time tell us it's crap and they dropped it. For f- sake; if you're going to drop it, drop it. I mean, really; why waste our and your time on an anime you don't like? It doesn't make sense.
Jan 31, 2014 1:38 PM

Oct 2012
Great episode, finally some explanation - a big one :) That hyped me to watch this further, it seems that with bunkasai, it is getting a lot more interesting.
Jan 31, 2014 2:10 PM

Mar 2010
This was clearly one of the better episodes, though, I already suspected plenty of it. A hoard of exposition is dropped but it was presented both in humorous and dramatic ways - contrasting tones for severe mood whiplash. I believe the (sound) direction and Satsuki + Kiryuin family interactions were the highlights. I also understood where Ryuuko was coming from at the end, but she seemed naive and a bit dumb to me.

The sentiment that this is coming a little too late in the show ("breakneck pacing") and Kill la Kill is a disappointment is something I share, though.
TonyThemeJan 31, 2014 2:14 PM
Jan 31, 2014 2:18 PM

Sep 2013
Really good episode, that explanation cleared up most of my questions. Still Ryuko's reasoning doesn't make that much sense :/.
"As you can see, being in a group brings no advantages to the individual. Thus, I choose to be the bear, a beast that refuses to form groups with others. It’s an animal of isolation that’s not at all worried about its solitary lifestyle. Let’s not forget that bears get to hibernate as well. Oh, what a wonderful existence. If I’m ever reincarnated, I most certainly would like to be reborn as a bear."
Jan 31, 2014 2:28 PM
Feb 2013
Pipoko said:
eurgh there are people who found that scene hot. That's creepy. Especially since Satsuki clearly looked like she was in pain and uncomfortable. That wasn't played for fanservice or fun at all. It was uncomfortable and creepy, reinforcing the idea of oppression through these clothes - Ragyo is making sure her daughter remains under her "control" in the most disgusting way possible. Makes for a really effective villain, though.

As for all the actual fanservice and why that scene can't be actually considered fanservice - Firstly, the "fun" fanservice is balanced out by an equal amount of manservice. Secondly, nakedness is actually tied into the plot and themes of the series. Despite the surface there is a theme going on here and there's purpose to it. That's very separate from empty fanservice series and the reason why that scene wasn't just there to be creepy, uncomfortable fetish fuel.

True. All true.

Yet...that bath scene was hot.

Your analysis is right for the most part, so I largely concur, but the thing is, I don't think it's an or-or question. While Ragyo still dominates her daughter this way, it's ambiguous enough to have doubts if that is the only reason; the explicitly stated in-story reason is that it was to help her, and we see no reason to doubt this isn't true. The antagonists in this series are multi-layered, and I like that. This goes for Satsuki, but to some degree also for Ragyo, albeit she's still pretty mysterious so we don't know to what extend one can call it evil. In a broader sense, her molesting her daughter - though we don't even know that for sure, it could as well be opening her 'chakras' or something, but in any case, the scene clearly and deliberately gave of the impression of a heavily sexual themed action: aka, wincest - can also be seen in the context of the clothes vs nude concept. If clothing is sin, and nudity is purity, then it stands to reason that other sins aren't considered sins anymore neither, especially when nude. In fact, there is a Biblical reference to this too - and the sin/knowledge/shame/fig to cover nakedness is already used as biblical reference - because after all, Adam and Eve and their direct offspring can not be else come forth than by incestuous behaviour too. According to some religious doctrines, this (incest) was not a sin or something dangerous back then, because they still inherited the 'perfect bodies' given them by god, and they did not know shame, so there really was nothing wrong with it, until after they were thrown out of paradise.

Anyway, I'm diverting. Point is, while you are right in what you say, it is ALSO right that it's just...hot. One can see it in the context of oppression, helping, dominance, support in regaining strength, incestuous behaviour, innocent (aka, in the sense of not acknowledging it as a sin), you can even see it as just part of the whole analogy of clothes vs nakedness and militarism vs freedom, etc....but if you just look at it *as such* without involving a particular context in it, it's plain and simply a hot scene. You see two beautiful women yuring eachother (or at least, that impression was evoked); what guy wouldn't find that hot?

The same goes for the question whether it (and the other scenes, like when they transform in their nothing-revealing sailor-moon-outfits for mature audiences) is fanservice or not. I think you're slightly mistaken about this, or, more correct, a bit naive about it. Yes, what you say is right: it's embedded in a deeper meaning and has contextual analogies throughout the story and series. It supersedes mere fanservice, agreed. At the same time, however, one can not deny that it IS fanservice as well. The one does not prohibit the other. People who are dismissive of it because it's 'only cheap fanservice' are wrong and miss several points of the (why of the) naughty scenes being shown (one obvious one being a persiflage on all other anime series who use it).

However, people thinking it's ONLY about that context, and Trigger didn't consider the impact it would have as fanservice, are wrong too. There is no denying that all the flapping boobs, ultra-short clothes around asses, wincestious behaviour and all the nude-scenes ARE ALSO meant as fanservice. In this series, at least, the fanservice - just like the antagonists - is multi-layered. Rationally, it has some hidden meaning and references, and is used allegorically, emotionally, it still is also fan-fapping stuff to make males (and probably also females, seen the fact they don't shun both sides) drool.

I don't think this combination is bad. Most anime go one way or the other, and when they try to combine it, it gets annoying like blatant, not-fitting-in fanservice can be. Kill la kill is too over-the-top to have much bother from that, however. Heck, even the recap is over the top. In more than one way, this series is a breeze of fresh air through anime land.
AnimageNebyJan 31, 2014 2:50 PM
Jan 31, 2014 2:33 PM

Feb 2009
The boner...I mean bath, bath scene was pretty awesome. And the theme song is damn good!

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Jan 31, 2014 2:42 PM

Sep 2007
Speed recap. Mother daughter skinship in bath, Interesting. way too many nude guys. Then they add boy, girl, boy, girl. :) Aliens! Sure why not. weird history lesson. Then she strips. Good show. Need to look up music for skinship.
Jan 31, 2014 3:20 PM

Feb 2012
Damn that's how you do a recap in less that minute and a half.

Crazy episode, and stuff escalated pretty quickly at the end.

Dat teacher was too fabulous is all of dem outfits.

New OP is quite nice, ED is ok.
Jan 31, 2014 3:30 PM

May 2012
Great episode. Loving the new op and ed. Answered a lot of questions. Always good to see Ryuuko get pissed and stare death right in the face. Can't wait for the next episode.

Dat bath scene.
Jan 31, 2014 3:31 PM

May 2012
Yep, It's always aliens.

Also dat bath scene.

Faptastic/5.
Jan 31, 2014 3:47 PM

Jun 2013
And the plot thickens!
Aliens huh? Fine by me, at this point I'll accept anything :)

I want to learn how to make my nipples and crotch glow pink!!!
Jan 31, 2014 4:10 PM

Jan 2013
I loved that recaping scene though XDD
Jan 31, 2014 4:21 PM

Jan 2008
That was the best recap I've ever seen.
Jan 31, 2014 4:36 PM

May 2013
As always. Kill la Kill is completely unorthodox and is going where no anime has before. There are shows about clothes, yeah, but never shows about clothes being sentient beings with powers to take over the human race.
Ragyo's not going to stop with just touching her daughter. I bet next week's episodes going to end with her activating the life fibers in all REVOCS clothing.

5/5 Especially for the amazing new opening sequence (even though the first one was great).
Jan 31, 2014 4:39 PM

May 2013
Notchrishansen said:
BRSxIgnition said:
Notchrishansen said:
Aliens are the big twist and yurishit..I hoped that this ep would change the status of this anime from dropped to watching...nope.
Course, because you know.. You can totally understand an episode that is 80% talking without subs.

Save your hate until you know what they said, or get out. If it's dropped, you don't need to be posting here.

So, we can say how much we love the series but we can't express distaste and disappointment. I'll just read this sypnosis because I've seen enough...enjoy the series, folks.

Wow? This was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen? it's like a grown man going into the kids section and complaining about how their are no clothes for grown men in there...
If you don't like the series, just stop watching. You "dropped" it, right? So, feel what you want, but keep it away from all the people who love it a lot.
Jan 31, 2014 4:44 PM

Jan 2011
When they said it was gonna be a recap I wanted to watch the episode later, but it went way too fast to be an actual recap, dem trolls.
Nice episode, rather surprised with the plot, has some genuinely clever stuff sometimes. ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 31, 2014 4:44 PM
Jul 2018
Chokko said:
Oh.
My.
GOD.
THIS NEW OP
THIS YURICEST???!!!!
THOSE OST
THIS PLOT
THIS RECAP
OH MY GOD

Your avatar nicely compliments your post, you know?

Ulquiorra1923 said:
Amazing episode.
A bit of incest and a bit of nudity.
Ryuko stripping and that stupid light between the legs of the members of Nudist Beach, truly amazing.
Aha you can tell Ryuko is still slightly alarmed by Mikisugi's antics.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

956 by hopeforbetterai »»
Apr 30, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

393 by hopeforbetterai »»
Apr 30, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.