Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 21, 2009 1:09 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
When I saw that pregnant mom, I thought to myself - What could possibly be the most messed up thing that could happen? Of course, it had to be the baby dying inside of her. Truly, it was sad episode, and, in a way, a little creative.

Honestly, I actually would have to side with the mom on this one. I understand that what she did was absolutely wrong, but I think it would hurt even more when you newborn comes out as a stillbirth (I still love Bitter Virgin though). That's probably what pissed me off the most - I saw no tears and everybody was a happy family again... and probably because Yuzuki was content with the aftermath.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2009 5:46 AM

Feb 2008
I didn't even know that you could send to hell someone that was not even born yet !!

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Mar 21, 2009 7:39 AM

Sep 2008
It is in my belief that a baby is already alive when still inside the mother's womb. I mean, it has it's own heartbeat and can move or whatnot...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2009 10:40 AM

Oct 2007
One of the most fucked up episodes in JS history. The father. The mother. Absolutely disgusting parents and terribly sad that they drove a freaking child to do something like that. If I don't stop now I'll go into rant mode. So yea I'll just end it here and say crazy episode is crazy
Mar 21, 2009 10:43 AM

Jun 2008
I'm just glad this episode was finally subbed.

Mar 21, 2009 1:06 PM

May 2008
Yuzuki, it's bad to ask younger people about their cellphone number. Hit on someone in your own age.

But seriously, if I have to choose between who is going to be the next Jigoku Shoujo between Yuzuki and Kikuri, Yuzuki wins. End of story.

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 21, 2009 1:14 PM

Mar 2008
The hell inside her? Hmm, I saw a smile.
Mar 21, 2009 1:24 PM

May 2008
hirahira said:
I'm just glad this episode was finally subbed.

...this....
Mar 21, 2009 3:57 PM

Jan 2008
As soon as I knew the kid accessed the Hell's Correspondence, the words "Surprise Abortion" flashed in my head for some reason.
Mar 21, 2009 4:34 PM
Dec 2007
Perfectly immoral and thus great episode ! And it's nice to see that next ep will feature Tsugumi once again.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 21, 2009 8:46 PM
Nov 2008
The mother deserved to die instead.....
Mar 21, 2009 9:52 PM

Feb 2009
Nothing surprise me anymore in this anime; the mom acting like this could just be the hormone talking she might have come back to her senses once she had the child. I guess it is true that there is nothing more cruel than a child. If someone deserve to go to hell is the father for not saying anything.
Mar 23, 2009 10:18 AM

Feb 2008
i thought she was smarter than that. the whole point to her quest was to stop him, not be glad that hes happy.

as for the sending the unborn baby, that was basically a supernatural abortion. although technically the baby is just flesh and bone, it had a name. i guess this means if a tree had a name you could also theoretically send it to hell.

there is no rationale to hell sending. now all that is left is to see what becomes of her and enma.
Mar 23, 2009 7:36 PM

Jul 2007
I thought it was obvious who he would was planning on sending to hell. Especially after the flashback to when he got the hat. He loved his new mother and his dad, it was just that pesky unborn sister in the way of their happiness! It would really be fascinating to see how their family fairs in the future.

SailorKagome said:
I didn't even know that you could send to hell someone that was not even born yet !!

^As Kisami said above, presuming the baby has a name I'm guessing you can send one to hell even if it's not born yet.

This season has been crazy with the hell-sending. Ridiculous, even. But interesting.
<---made of awesome!
Mar 25, 2009 11:40 AM
Nov 2008
A few thing fr this episode...

* When Yuzuki asked Kaito's cellphone number she make me feel like she's some kind of Shotacon (young boy complex) and for Obacon as I am , being called Oneesan make Yuzuki's cuteness LEVEL UP to 4 ... XD

* Princess Kikuri make a good comiic relief again. I guess she's indirectly poking at those who's misled that Kikuri will be next Jigoku Shoujo in previous season.

* The twist was not so surprised. But still make me feel a little uneasy for it.

* Oh! wait.. when Ai pointed at Yuzuki saying that hell in inside her, mostly made me laugh. I don't know if it's just me or Ai's movement seem really unnatural like she's playing on a theater stage.

* Kaito should write the name of the river to make it disappear because it seem to cause trouble to him so often.

* Someone said that the eggman (is not from The Beatles song but it) look like Jigoku Shounen....O_O I barely noticed it. But I really want to see Jigoku Shounen make an appearance again.

Waiting for a judge to call Verdict for this unborn child....
Apr 22, 2009 9:15 AM

Jan 2009
Nani! (What!) O_O Me did not like this at all but is mother's fault. She all selfish. If me were Kaito, me would poison the food of mother instead of doing the string.

This is really shocked me more than other episode. A sign of abortion.
May 28, 2009 1:41 AM

Mar 2009
What terrible parents =( what makes it sad is that it seems like the whole family's probably going to hell, since they said that their sins are only covered for now. I mean he pulled the string, his mother abused him, his father ignored that abuse AND almost murdered his own son. Seriously, messed up episode o.O
May 31, 2009 12:54 PM

Dec 2008
I have to admit, that this episode took me by surprise. At first I thought the mother was going to die for abusing Kaito, then the father for not doing anything and about to drown his own son. The abortion thing totally took me by surprise! Also, anyone else kinda thought it looked like Yuzuki was hitting on Kaito? Lol. If I were him, I'd totally try and hit that. xD Here's what I also thought while watching this episode, the possible Jigoku Shoujos: Tsugumi, Kikuri, and Yuzuki. They all share unusual eyes. Nice episode!!
Sep 28, 2009 6:22 PM

Aug 2009
Serves them right.

Killing the baby would make him happier instead of killing the mom since he wanted his old family back.
The father trying to kill Kaito was just sad. I know Kaito isn't their real child but still.
Jan 17, 2010 12:07 PM

Nov 2007
Sending a person who is not yet born to hell, I call that evil.
Jan 27, 2010 6:34 AM

Nov 2009
wow 2 think his dad was gonna push him in.... XP that makes me sick!!! im glad the family is back 2gether!!! X3
Apr 13, 2010 1:32 PM
Jun 2008
Anyone else disappointed that we didn't get to see a Hell Sending scene for the fetus?
Aug 8, 2010 1:12 AM

Jun 2009
darkmac said:
Anyone else disappointed that we didn't get to see a Hell Sending scene for the fetus?

me.

wow, if Yuzuki carry a boy home and ask for cell-number, she's a nice girl, but if it's a teen guy and little girl... the dude's going to jail.

I was afraid that he's going to send his step mom to hell, cuz that'll result in 2 kills, I guess a fetus's brain is not developed enough to fully understand pain and suffering anyways...
Sep 12, 2010 12:55 AM
Aug 2008
LOL, I thought he was going to send the mother to hell. Then I thought "... Wait, then what'll happen to the baby?"
Oct 5, 2010 1:02 AM
Oct 2009
This is by far the best episode of the series.
The window, the window shopping! Hooo!
Oct 7, 2010 1:51 AM

Apr 2009
i liked this episode.. the cute kaito really warms my heart..
Jan 28, 2011 5:22 PM
Nov 2010
Their eyes are weird. So humongous -__-"
And I wish we'll get to see a bit more of Hone-anna, Ichimoku Ren involvement. Yuzuki is boring. o_o
Feb 20, 2011 6:20 AM

Oct 2008
This episode was quite sad. =/
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 9, 2011 9:32 PM
Jun 2009
How can a fetus be sent to hell? Jigoku Shoujo really makes me wonder sometimes. And Kaito's parents are pathetic. How dare the father try to kill his own blood-related son.

I loved the part when Ai backwinded Kikuri's spring though. Ai pwns Kikuri.
Aug 22, 2011 7:09 PM

Dec 2010
Kaito is really narcistic person - he sent to hell his unborn sister just because he does not want to leave the past behind and move forward in life. Nothing justifies his sin, because he sent to hell person(and yes, she was a person with soul and everything else) who didn't have a single sin on herself. It serves him right to go to hell after he dies but even so this story is sad.
The mother wasn't right and she was pissing me off from the beginning and she deserved a punishment but I guess she got the most nightmarish punishment possible.
The father deserved to go to hell the most - he was going to kill his own son just because he doesn't have the mental strength to confront his wife.
Ai's phrase was another bit of the Jigoku Shoujo puzzle making it more of complete. "Real Hell is inside person" she said. This sounds reasonable and I really liked that phrase.
I'm not sure every person of the family will go to hell eventually. I suppose that some of them will have to confront their inner selves one day and that's the moment when they'll have to pay f or their sins. "Real Hell is inside person." I think both the mother and the father will have hard time in their own hell.
*I guess Kikuri is really poking indirectly te persons who thought she'll be the next Jikoku Shoujo during Futukamori. Yeah, she's poking me too.
The whole episode was pretty much fu**ed up but Jigoku Shoujo isn't showing me episodes like this for first time.
I just seem to like more and more Yuzuki with every next episode I watch.
Jan 28, 2012 7:52 PM

Aug 2009
This episode tore me apart. T_____T

I cried so bad...

That mom was so cruel..T_____T
May 12, 2012 10:34 PM

Jul 2011
Meritas said:
Kaito is really narcistic person - he sent to hell his unborn sister just because he does not want to leave the past behind and move forward in life.

You need to look up the definition of narcissism. There would have been no moving forward, unless you missed where his dad was going to kill him. Even if his father had not though, you're implying he simply take the beatings and forget about the past. What child is going to want to leave behind happy memories, for beatings? Whether Mao had a sin or not is irrelevant, Kaito's reasoning is not difficult to follow and I wouldn't have expected anything different from majority of children. As a child, the only thing he's going to see is step mom got pregnant and everything changed, which resulted in him getting beat while actually doing nothing wrong. Is it any wonder he developed a hatred for his sister, when from his point of view, she was the cause of the changes in the family.

It's easy to say such and such was wrong, as most of us are old enough that we are able to reason. A child's ability to reason is developing and we can't expect them to reach the same conclusion as we do. While sending someone to hell in general is short-sighted, I wouldn't expect a child to grasp why the exchange is not beneficial in the long run.
rekindledflameMay 12, 2012 10:40 PM

Jul 17, 2012 1:29 AM

Jul 2011
i feel as though i have been mindfucked
Aug 11, 2012 6:33 AM

May 2012
Nice episode but quite the fucked up thing sending someone who doesn't know what is real directly to hell, well that will turn out to be a demon raised in Hell!

I do wonder what would happen if the mother was banished, would the baby disappear with the mother or just drop out of her womb?

How the mother thread the child wasn't responsible at all and that the father would take any action was even worse that + offering his first born child for his second is quite cruel especially if it comes to drowning!

Either way was a great episode though quite fucked!
Sep 20, 2012 7:32 PM

Apr 2011
Not sure who to hate this episode...

Mother?
Father?
Kaito...
Yuzuki for being content with the so called "happy ending"...

Poor Mao.
Sep 25, 2012 4:23 PM

Jan 2012
another fail marriage due to women logic...

brb having my own child, so you're a piece of shit to me now
brb wtf
Dec 28, 2012 12:28 PM

Jun 2011
Wow, sending an unborn baby to hell. The level of immorality is over 9000 here.
But I can understand Kaito's choice, because sending his dad or mom to hell would've made things probably even worse.
The hell is inside of us all, huh? Did I see a smile on Yuzuki's face?

Kyonster said:
The mother deserved to die instead.....
But that would've killed the unborn baby as well... And Kaito wanted them to be the same kind family they used to be, if he had sent the mom to hell, that wouldn't have happened.
Jan 27, 2013 10:37 AM

Sep 2012
Kaito's parents are terrible!
Mar 6, 2013 3:29 AM

Jun 2012
Wow... this was probably the most stunning episode in this season. At least in my opinion.
This was so messed up... family that wanted to kill each other. And I had no idea he will send baby to hell... didn't even know it was possible.

Not sure if you can even call it a happy ending, but I am glad that nothing happened to the kid.
Aug 24, 2013 7:45 PM
Aug 2012
yo...i almost had a heart attack when that dude was about to kill his son... wtf
Dec 8, 2013 2:57 AM

Jun 2012
when at start i thought he would sent his stepmother to hell i was also wondering if he might be waiting for the baby to be born but when his dad was about to kill him and he pulled the thread i thought o gosh now he will dead his stepmother and unborn sister.

i just hope the baby doesn't have any emotions yet but by the look of it it was ready to be born. i don't know how people could be happy with him having a happy family again what will happen if she get pregnant again and dafug he sent a unborn baby who did nothing wrong to the world to hell.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Jan 17, 2014 11:53 AM

Nov 2013
Only one word is needed to describe this episode...abortion
May 18, 2014 8:40 AM

Jul 2012
To be honest I was expecting the mother to give birth and right after that hell took her
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Jul 12, 2014 9:04 AM

Sep 2013
Probably my favorite episode because its not total nonsense like the previous episodes.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Dec 14, 2014 12:23 AM

Nov 2013
There's a special place in hell for you Kaito. You fucking killed an unborn child. That's a whole new level of evil...

Imagine a torture scene for the fetus...my god that's ungodly levels of fucked up.

That man doesn't even deserve to be a father for even thinking of pushing his son in a lake.

That mother was a bitch for abusing her stepson just because she isn't as "perfect" as she desires.

Seeing everyone happy after the stepmother's child died was terrifying.

This entire episode was fucked up in general though I thought it was pretty good 7/10

Jun 5, 2015 2:03 PM

Oct 2012
So ... did Ai end up ferrying a fetus on that boat?
Oct 15, 2015 11:41 AM

Aug 2014
No freaking way the baby god sent to hell. They just killed it right? Right?

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Dec 14, 2015 1:23 AM

Jun 2015
They really took my sympathy with that boy, even though he was the one suffering from all this but his father planes to kill him seriously,,,,why cant they say to each other. And how the boy can still be happy knowing that from a perspective, they both did not liked him at all .If someone tries to kill me would I even want to see them.... messed up!
Oct 21, 2016 12:12 PM

Apr 2009
...truly, a horrible-horrible woman, that is.
i hate those kinds of characters with a passion ==.....

aaaughhh..... hearing him cry while the bitch's hitting him ;_;
and the damned ass of a man's just sitting out there, smoking... he's a worm ==
-more like, he's the dirt that's been processed through the worm and come out the other end =_=*

also; her own parents didn't reply...
...that means they're Dead, right =w='?

......-is the dad planning on killing his son....?
WHAT THE FUCK?!
-EVERYTHING IS WRONG WITH THIS EPISODE!
...actually; you can just make a new baby, it's not like the ovaries died or anything =='?
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Oct 21, 2016 1:22 PM

Jun 2015
This was excellent why didn't they bring this episode earlier?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» do you really believe that all thee victims deserved to go to hell

geekfreak17a - May 17, 2014

5 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 19, 2023 8:37 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 18 Discussion

guyklc - Feb 7, 2009

35 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 19, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 27, 2008

72 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 18, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 23 Discussion

guyklc - Mar 14, 2009

47 by patkarunungan »»
Nov 11, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beave - Mar 20, 2009

52 by Phobossus »»
Aug 26, 2023 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.