Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 24, 2014 7:32 PM

Sep 2009
Hibbington said:

To be honest this episode made me want to drop this series, I'm going to at least try to get half way before I get to that point but man was this episode stupid in a wrong way. It was just annoyingly dumb and even when there was something that was sort of funny(Borat,Pokemon) I was already too uninterested to enjoy it.

This.
Jan 24, 2014 7:44 PM

Oct 2012
I swear, that Childhood friend is freakin annoying. She should just die already.

On the other hand, Ringo chan is so KAWAII <3

Jan 24, 2014 8:10 PM

Jul 2013
The humors are so cheesy although some part are really funny (that Dragon Ball face lol).

That being said this series is surprisingly educative in farming....

and swimsuits and panties and who knows what they're gonna teach next week
Jan 24, 2014 9:04 PM

Nov 2013
Wow, what am I watching?
Jan 24, 2014 9:18 PM

Aug 2012
I can't even force myself to laugh.
Jan 24, 2014 9:40 PM
Sep 2013
That Minori Girl's personality is so annoying, I can't stand characters like that... she definitely needs a lot less airtime now. And the episode wasn't that great at all either, too much focus on a stupid rivalry.
Jan 24, 2014 9:45 PM

Apr 2012
dont know about the rest of u but if my "childhood friend" burnt my collection that would be the end of that friendship

great cosplay

love the teachers screen time <3

LOL that banana hammock... hope i dont get nightmares
Jan 24, 2014 9:50 PM

Jul 2013
I like this anime simply because of the farming and gardening and livestock and other agricultural stuff.... man they all remind me of one of my favorite game of all time... Harvest Moon!!

also the references!! DBZ, SNK

"Spread your seeds right into my wet rice field".. yeah well I think I can use this.. lmao

other than that this episode was... filled with annoying fanservice.. it was kinda annoying and.. meh
Jan 24, 2014 9:51 PM

Aug 2013
The jokes are just...what's the word? Cheesy? Tasteless? I can ignore that fact for the previous episodes because it actually made me laugh (note to brain: file under "Interestingly Stupid"). But this episode was just stupid.

Well I'm not gonna drop it yet since the last two episodes actually showed some promise. Also because of Kei and Becky.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 25, 2014 1:04 AM

Sep 2013
attack on titan references
Jan 25, 2014 1:34 AM
Feb 2013
The sexual innuendos during the rice field race haha
I'm learning something new with each episode and laughing harder with each episode
5/5
Jan 25, 2014 2:54 AM

Sep 2012
A lot of the one liners and Kousaku's absurdest commentary really gets me laughing.

00:30: Scream!
Becky-sensei's scene
-12:28: "Please go home, you're gross."
-12:47: "Spread your seeds right into my wet rice field!"
-13:00: Minori protecting Kousaku, her dere side is awesome.
14:49: "But I like this kind of stuff stuff. It's simple and has a girly image. I don't even know what I'm saying." lolwat?
16:21: Mad man image was funny.
21:34: Not the greatest view. o_o
22:06: "Next day I planted rice by machine. What was that?"

Yes, it could have been something different. It could have been a more serious romantic show. But it isn't. It's an absurdest comedy about agriculture. And I like it that way. If they wanted to make it serious, it would look similar to The Pet Girl of Sakura-sou. At least I get that feeling from it. So if I want a more serious romantic show (but still funny-ish), I can just watch that instead. I admit that the characters are underdeveloped and some more seriousness would be nice, but reality and absurdity just don't mix well. In the end I suppose I'd rather have a show that's funny but not perfect than a show that just plain sucks because they tried mixing genres and did it poorly.
Jan 25, 2014 3:04 AM

Feb 2008
Nice Urusei Yatsura reference with the ending. :)
Jan 25, 2014 5:09 AM

Sep 2012
Apparently I am the only person who likes Minori. I think she is awesome and I hope they keep her very active in the upcoming episodes. Becky is annoying, I hope she gets far less screen time in the upcoming episodes. Other than that I am really enjoying the series so far. It is something new and different for me. An anime about an agricultural school is a first for me. I am glad to see something different than magical themed anime. I was laughing almost the whole time and I was enjoying the fanservice also, no shame here. The Attack On Titan reference was defiantly unexpected. I can't wait to see what next weeks episode is going to bring.
"All I wanna do is walk my own path, I wanna find my own way!" - Kisara Nanjo
Jan 25, 2014 5:16 AM

Aug 2012
I don't like this anime .....hate Minori too ,even though she's voiced by HanaKana .....i'm thinking of dropping it .........
Jan 25, 2014 6:11 AM

Jul 2012
All the girl's outfits in this episode were amazing.

The rice planting battle was intense but it ended with a tie and friendship was born.

Great episode!!!
Jan 25, 2014 6:33 AM
Feb 2013
Too bad Minori has underestimated Ringo, Too bad too that Hata was too stupid to notice how hot Minori is.
Jan 25, 2014 6:56 AM

May 2009
kikichi said:
In the end I suppose I'd rather have a show that's funny but not perfect than a show that just plain sucks because they tried mixing genres and did it poorly.

Go watch Silver spoon or take out that broomstick out your ass.
Jan 25, 2014 7:23 AM

Nov 2013
This episode was rather.. well it was funny, but it wanted me to just drop it.
I'm giving this a few more episodes.

Minori is SUCH A PAIN. She is so annoying.
RINGO THO <3
"There's something in this world that no one has seen before. It is gentle and very sweet. Maybe if it could be seen, everyone would fight over it. That's why no one has ever seen it. The world hid it-so that no one could get their hands on it easily. However, someday, someone will find it... And the person who deserves it the most will definitely find it."
Jan 25, 2014 7:48 AM

Jun 2013
Hating Minori. She is a whore begging for Kousaka's attention. Gtfo bitch.

haters gonna hate.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jan 25, 2014 7:50 AM

Jun 2013
xxtyrantxx said:
this anime has the ugliest most annoying childhood friend i have ever seen she needs to die already

THIS.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jan 25, 2014 8:56 AM

Feb 2012
So much hate in this thread.

All I know is Bekki needs more screentime!
Jan 25, 2014 11:34 AM

Apr 2013
Yeah. Dropping lol
Jan 25, 2014 12:49 PM

Jan 2013
This has gotten way more ridiculous than I expected.
I love the ending song
Jan 25, 2014 1:05 PM
Jan 2014
Another disappointment from Nourin, except Wakadonna and maybe Kinoshita.
Kousaka is alright. His personality is slightly amusing, but can be annoying at times.
Kei was good in the first episode, but then he went downhill afterwards.
I like Minori's energetic personality, but she can be really annoying at times.
Becky needs to get off the show.
Ringo seems to be an interesting character, but the show better explains why she's interested in Kousaka, and the vegetables he sent better not be the reason.
Wakadonna FTW!
PenXJan 25, 2014 1:10 PM
Jan 25, 2014 1:46 PM

Mar 2012
gino_san said:
I don't like this anime .....hate Minori too ,even though she's voiced by HanaKana .....i'm thinking of dropping it .........
Riez said:

I don't know why... It's a great anime..

xxtyrantxx said:
this anime has the ugliest most annoying childhood friend i have ever seen she needs to die already

THIS.

THISv2
I hope Ringo gets in love with Kousaku
Jan 25, 2014 2:25 PM

Mar 2011
Is it only me or the show is getting worse each episode?
Jan 25, 2014 2:49 PM
Mar 2012
theKDL said:
Is it only me or the show is getting worse each episode?

I agree with you - the first episode was good and reminiscent of baka to test in terms of quality of animation and humour. Episode two was pretty poor by comparison and I didn't find it very funny at all, though this episode was somewhat better but still pretty bad.

This show is relying heavily on ecchi for it's comedy but it didn't seem like it would from the start and that only makes the ecchi less enjoyable, since it seemed like it'd be funny without that much of it. Worse, the ecchi scenes themselves feel so damn forced that it just makes you face-palm when they happen. I mean the moment Ringo got into a bikini I knew that this episode was just going to be another nail in the coffin.

The characters only make it worse. Ringo's pretty dull even as dead-pan characters go and it makes no sense that she was an idol, I find it unlikely that there's any good explanation later down the line that isn't contrived as all hell. Minori is so...bitchy that it's hard to like her as a character a lot of the time. Kei is somewhat funny but a typical best-friend. And the protagonist is slightly too openly perverted, with not enough redeeming features to balance that out. He hasn't even been shown to be overly nice - so why would I put up with an episode of him talking about panties?!

I don't know. Maybe I just went into this show hoping it'd be like baka to test. As it stands it's perhaps a far inferior version of it since you can still compare them, but it's just an ecchi romcom with little original humour. It's not like I don't like watching them when I know that's what I'm going to be watching but I thought this would more interesting than that.

Apparently not.
Jan 25, 2014 3:34 PM

Apr 2012
Not as great as the last episode, with the panties speech and all. 2/5.

delulytric said:
SEID IHR DAS ESSEN? NEIN, WIR SIND DIE JÄGER!
Okay aside from the painfully obvious Shingeki no Kyojin reference, it was a humorous episode!

What's so bad about it being obvious? It's not like they were trying to hide it.
Jan 25, 2014 5:15 PM
Sep 2013
Riez said:
xxtyrantxx said:

THIS.

i agree here, her jealousy's way too over the top. From burning his collection,to sabotaging purple-hair with everything, mmph I just can't stand her.
Jan 25, 2014 6:52 PM

Jul 2008
airbornejaws said:
Riez said:
xxtyrantxx said:

THIS.

i agree here, her jealousy's way too over the top. From burning his collection,to sabotaging purple-hair with everything, mmph I just can't stand her.

Third'd! Ringo ftw! <3
Jan 25, 2014 8:45 PM

May 2012
12:12 sensei <3

5/10 for the episode.
But, 8/10 for sensei.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jan 25, 2014 9:45 PM

Jun 2013
Epic faces, the fan service, cat fight and Borat swim suit! I have enjoyed all of it!!!

Well done, well done indeed.
Jan 25, 2014 11:30 PM

Apr 2012
mmm.... not really liking minori
Jan 25, 2014 11:41 PM

Oct 2010
Ringo's great (and surprisingly skilled) but Minori isn't that unbearable. I find the scuffles entertaining, and as one of the few anime that has a childhood friend who isn't an arrogant, insult-throwing foul mouthed tsundere, or a clueless, passive, pair of boobs, Nourin tries to introduce something new. I, for one, find this change refreshing. Most of the things that Minori does I don't take at face value anyways, since it's in this comical, playful atmosphere.

In other news - Becky-sensei L> sum luvin.
I'd be happy to comply but I still remember the last time I tried to dive into the screen.
HowTragicJan 25, 2014 11:45 PM
Jan 26, 2014 12:44 AM

Jun 2013
billybob300c said:
Thoughts:
4:14 too much of minori in that outfit

5:53 ringo tentacle rape scene

12:45 crazy teacher and her wet rice field

---------------
Overall:
1. Great ED song. Such a wonderful melody that it made me melt.

2. The seriousness between the 2 girls in that competition is just insane

3. Everyone's outfit was too much for me.. Except for ringo's

4. Wasn't expecting this series to be 95% of extreme comedy and 5% romance… I wish the characters actually DID SOMETHING MEANINGFUL… I already have youtube for humor and such...eh.

5. This episode did nothing but full on wacky comedy. The humor was great but it didn't help character development or story at all.

6. Next week's episode doesn't look promising. Hopefully the comedy gets toned down and we get presented with something worth remembering. EVEN ImoCho IS BETTER THAN Nourin ATM.

7. I'm surprised that the people above me found absolutely no faults in this episode. You all are sheep.

Ep3: 2/10

You don't see a contradiction between 4 and 5? Wow what a retard. I'd say you are the sheep here.
Jan 26, 2014 12:44 AM

May 2010
That sensei is really something.

Dat cat fight. At least they get along well now.

I like the ending song. Here comes the hate for Minori. Well, sorry she is not your pretty long-haired beauty, instead has short hair...
Jan 26, 2014 2:15 AM

Mar 2013
Bloomers vs Swimsuits ftw
I see that AOT reference :)
Best quote of this ep: "Spread your seeds right into my wet rice fields." -Becky
Jan 26, 2014 3:27 AM

Oct 2007
Let's see how many people got this reference.

PIC

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 26, 2014 6:25 AM

Jul 2010
Ringo is the best girl in this show.
I don't like osananajimi girl , she interrupted ringoxkousaka moment , actually I don't see any romantic things but just hope it.
Kei's almost-naked status gave me noseblood.He looked like Armstrong from FMA.
ED song was good , HanaKana's voice makes that osananajimi girl better.
4/5
Jan 26, 2014 6:39 AM
Dec 2012
not really a fan of parody - for the sake of parodying, ecchi kinda kill my mood the story and comedy kinda make no sense to me but seeing things about farming is always nice i think the author should go and read silver spoon and see how the rom-com about farming is done ecchi isn't the way of life for this anime, Rinko is cute she always remind me of krishima shouko from baka to test ,i don't find this show captivate at all, still waiting another EP let's hope this get better, and seriously that childhood friend is annoying and i kinda hate her design and persona since ep one, watch baka to test --- CH friend isn't require to make a good ,funny , and successful rom-com , now this show just have a BIG weakness , right there!
Jan 26, 2014 7:47 AM

Mar 2013
hoho Ringo's outfit
haha that worms were very disgusting
and that Megane's outfit too, Maji Hiku wa.. -_-
and in the end this was just a waste of my time
Jan 26, 2014 7:50 AM

Aug 2011
VadNAP said:
and in the end this was just a waste of my time
Haha, dammit.

But, I really was expecting more from this episode. Turns out to be more of fanservice.
Chong The Nomad sang:
Even if you're lost, you can't~ Lose the love because that's in your heart~ Hooo oo ooo ooo oo~

My DeviantArt
To keep your drawing sanity, click here.
Jan 26, 2014 9:07 AM

Jul 2012
This show is so stupid lol

I love it
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jan 26, 2014 11:47 AM
Jan 2014
Hibbington said:
Ametama said:
Did not like. I was never a fan of harem but this one really gets to me. And the main character isn't special. I've already seen like 3 background characters that look nicer than him. Also, way too much exhibition in this episode...

This isn't a harem, it's a childhood friend vs. new girl story.

frig u 4 reading my old forum posts
lime_9Jan 6, 2021 10:47 PM
Jan 26, 2014 12:37 PM

Oct 2011
Minori is really annoying! Burning all of Kousaku's collection was awful and then she went so over the top with the competition. I like Ringo though.
Jan 26, 2014 2:29 PM

Apr 2011
Minori is annoying.. but.. but.. BEWBZ
Jan 26, 2014 3:21 PM

Feb 2013
I never expecting rice planting to be so entertaining.
Jan 26, 2014 8:27 PM

Apr 2012
This Episode is a Full of Gold Funny :D

Jan 27, 2014 4:30 AM

May 2013
I like how they censored the cockroach and the worms
and I really like they're Teacher Reminds me of Ryuuji's Mother from Toradora

I thought the Idol Girl would dominate at Planting rice

This anime really reminds me of sakuraso no pet kanojo
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nourin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2014

67 by Lolicon »»
Feb 8, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Nourin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2014

167 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Sep 12, 2023 1:45 AM

Poll: » Nourin Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2014

74 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Aug 27, 2023 11:04 PM

Poll: » Nourin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2014

67 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Aug 23, 2023 8:04 PM

Poll: » Nourin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2014

173 by saipulipoel »»
Aug 17, 2023 7:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.