Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Amagi Brilliant Park' to Be Animated

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 15, 2014 5:22 AM
Oct 2011
Thelight52 said:
Kyoani means hype.

And disappointment.
Jan 15, 2014 5:32 AM

Apr 2012
I'm not really sure what to expect from this, but I'll watch because it's KyoAni and all of that jazz.

Am I the only one who thinks that if the thread title was something like "New KyoAni Anime 'Amagi Brilliant Park' To Be Animated" or something that this thread would easily be 5 times as large as it is now (mostly with "more moeshit" or "KyoAni doing harems now" type comments)?

Jan 15, 2014 6:05 AM

Sep 2012
The synopsis looks interesting and the art is good, I'll watch this.
Jan 15, 2014 6:09 AM

May 2010
I was completely uninterested (another LN, yaaaay), and then I noticed "KyoAni" O.o Now I'll definitely watch it, though I'm a bit surprised by this choice. I guess it will be their spring anime. So what for summer? Free! 2? :D
Jan 15, 2014 6:31 AM

May 2011
Bonta-kun spotted. I'm not really feeling the genres but it being written by Shoji Gatoh gives it a bit more light. Will watch.
Jan 15, 2014 6:40 AM

May 2010
jmal said:
If they're doing it, it depends how early they started work on it. Sequels need less lead time than first seasons, but you still need to start working on a show long, long before it airs. Like, with the Tamako movie coming out in April, they probably started planning work on it right after the TV series ended. Unless they planned two seasons early on, a year between might be tight.

I was thinking about Chuu2Byo, where sequel came out after a year since the first season stopped airing. And honestly I wouldn't be surprised that they had 2nd season in their heads, I mean KyoAni + fujoshi basically equals success.

I had no idea who the writer is btw, probably because these and KnK are the only KyoAni series I haven't seen yet. Time to make up for it.
Jan 15, 2014 7:10 AM

Oct 2007
The synopsis couldn't be any more original, eh? Will watch, good names are involved in it.
Jan 15, 2014 7:21 AM

Nov 2012
uhh the concept sounds interesting but ehh.. harem...
Jan 15, 2014 7:36 AM
Mar 2010
IZUMI64 said:

FUCK NO!
Free is more than enough....

I really don't want to go off topic here with an argument but I'll say this:

No, it is not more than enough. It's barely enough.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jan 15, 2014 7:57 AM

Jun 2007
One of the things I didn't notice the first time I checked out the series on amazon was that the reviews for volumes 1 and 2 were fairly mediocre; 3.5 stars average, with the most popular reviews on each being two stars and complaining about the lack of compelling plot. I also checked the novel sales data again, and while the first volume charted for two weeks and 26,000 copies, the second volume only did so for one week and 14,000 copies (the next week it failed to chart in had a threshold of about 6000 copies).

One datapoint isn't all that conclusive, but that does seem to be a disappointing drop for a series that opened that strongly, possibly because of the mixed fan reactions. This is pure distilled speculation, but it's possible KyoAni decided to accept Kadokawa's proposal to animate the series in part as a favor to Gatou to try and help boost a series with flagging sales.

We'll know a little more after we get this week's volume 3 sales data, of course. I doubt we'll see a boost because of the anime announcement; Accel World got an anime announced in volume 9 but didn't show any boost in initial sales until volume 11, which came out after the first episode of the anime. Ditto for the less popular High School DxD. So if v3 does well, Amagi's probably doing fine as a series and v2 was just a blip. But if v3 sells a relatively lukewarm 15,000 (still a good figure relative to the field) or so, then v2's drop in sales might not have been a blip but a real point of concern that spurred the decision to try an anime this early.
TorisunanohokoriJan 15, 2014 8:02 AM
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Jan 15, 2014 8:08 AM

Mar 2012
looked nice until I read KyoAni; not sure if I will watch after the 3 horrible shit anime they produced previous year.

Guess I'll wait for the preview
Jan 15, 2014 8:13 AM

Nov 2008
VioLink said:
Never seen a anime about an amusement park before, could be fun.

>FMP author
Awesome.

I don't think i ever did either but the design doesn't look half bad
Jan 15, 2014 9:08 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Not a KyoAni fan but might watch.
Jan 15, 2014 9:22 AM
Jun 2011
Gatoh Shouji recently working on LN "Cop Craft" and it is rated highly
many readers call it a Masterpiece
I guess you'll probably prefer Cop Craft
http://cc.bookwalker.jp/coverImage_372653.jpg

Sadly, Cop Craft is not Kadokawa's IP, but is Shougakukan
Poor Kadokawa...although they have a talented writer, they don't have his greater series in their hands
Kadokawa is publisher, so they want to make their works popular and sell many books
Jan 15, 2014 9:46 AM

Nov 2008
sixa said:

Poor Kadokawa...although they have a talented writer, they don't have his greater series in their hands
Kadokawa is publisher, so they want to make their works popular and sell many books

It wouldn't sell as an anime adaptation. All these so called masterpiece LNs and Manga while they may be such, they would never sell past 1k as an anime. The core BD buying fanbase does not buy serious and mature anime adaptations of anything in droves anymore. It needs moe and/or a very strong slice of life aspect to sell BDs and then you have other things such as merchandise that needs to be made and those adaptations hardly ever produce the necessary merchandise to sell and get more revenue.

Jan 15, 2014 9:57 AM
Mar 2010
Hoppy said:

It wouldn't sell as an anime adaptation. All these so called masterpiece LNs and Manga while they may be such, they would never sell past 1k as an anime. The core BD buying fanbase does not buy serious and mature anime adaptations of anything in droves anymore. It needs moe and/or a very strong slice of life aspect to sell BDs and then you have other things such as merchandise that needs to be made and those adaptations hardly ever produce the necessary merchandise to sell and get more revenue.

Which is a real shame since this Cop Craft looks so much more interesting imo. Dat art. Dat title. And dat male lead. It's too sad. ;_;
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jan 15, 2014 10:44 AM
May 2013
Hoppy said:
sixa said:

Lol man ouch way to be a buzzkill. Though I do think there are exceptions (see Urobochi Gen). We can hope right?
Jan 15, 2014 10:53 AM
May 2012
Yvese said:
KyoAni doing a harem? Pinch me I'm dreaming.

You ain't dreaming, nigga!!!

KyoAni boobs? Pinch me I'm dreaming.
Jan 15, 2014 12:02 PM

Apr 2013
Red_Keys said:
Sourire said:
synopsis sounds cliché and generic
But it's in an amusement park!

That way, when the panty-shot scenes happen, it'll be on a merry-go-round, instead of on the way to school! When the tsundere chick slaps the MC, there'll be roller coasters in the background, instead of a bedroom! When he walks in on the big boobed girl changing, it will be in the employee changing room, instead of the bathroom!

Totally original!!

^^ but hey there will be pretty animation 10/10
Jan 15, 2014 12:31 PM

Aug 2011
phoenixalia said:
Red_Keys said:
phoenixalia said:
Btw, KyoAni, I'm still hoping you guys make a male idol anime. It's an untapped market. Please. Didn't you see how successful your character CDs for Free! were?
Isn't that what that Uta no Prince Sama anime is about?

Yeah, that's part of my point. We need more male idol anime like UtaPri. And after Free! I'm convinced that KyoAni is the right studio for another anime like UtaPri.

I second this notion. A male idol anime would be great, and KyoAni can definitely do it.

I'm a little conflicted about this news mostly because it sounds like a typical romcom harem anime, but I'll reserve my judgements for when it airs. From what I've read on this thread it sounds a lot more interesting than just that but we'll see.

If this airs in spring, wow that would be almost an entire year of KyoAni doing anime after anime. @__@
Jan 15, 2014 12:43 PM

May 2010
Laciie said:
phoenixalia said:
Red_Keys said:
phoenixalia said:
Btw, KyoAni, I'm still hoping you guys make a male idol anime. It's an untapped market. Please. Didn't you see how successful your character CDs for Free! were?

Yeah, that's part of my point. We need more male idol anime like UtaPri. And after Free! I'm convinced that KyoAni is the right studio for another anime like UtaPri.

I second this notion. A male idol anime would be great, and KyoAni can definitely do it.

I want it and I want it NOW.
Or how about that - guys from Free! are free (haha nice pun~ I know) during winter because they can't swim anywhere, so they form a boysband.
Fujoshi would die out of happiness.
Jan 15, 2014 12:57 PM

Sep 2011
Yvese said:

They did Clannad which is DEFINITELY a harem. Sure it's really well done but a harem nether the less. Same with Kanon
Jan 15, 2014 6:05 PM

Oct 2012
QueenCythia said:
KyoAni returning to Animate Gatou´s New Light Novel makes it a good chance that they are returning to Animate the new Haruhi Series. Which would be nice since when a Studio Change it´s not fun.

Well said! My hopes are totally up now!
Jan 15, 2014 6:07 PM

Oct 2012
llEmmerdeurll said:
Thelight52 said:
Kyoani means hype.

And disappointment.

You never know.
Jan 15, 2014 6:09 PM

Oct 2012
Tengai said:
Yvese said:

You ain't dreaming, nigga!!!

KyoAni boobs? Pinch me I'm dreaming.

*pinch*
Jan 15, 2014 6:11 PM

Apr 2011
Now if only they animate another certain series of the same author.

that would be nice.
ValaskjalfJan 15, 2014 6:15 PM
Jan 15, 2014 6:11 PM

Jun 2013
i don't know...well harem it's not bad idea

but....yeah...this is the very first time i feel so unsure about KyoAni's adaptation
Jan 15, 2014 6:56 PM

Apr 2013
itazuranamelody said:
llEmmerdeurll said:
Thelight52 said:
Kyoani means hype.

And disappointment.

You never know.
we have proof of that from the last couple of shows they've produced.
Jan 15, 2014 10:23 PM

Oct 2010
Valaskjalf said:

that would be nice.

One can dream. I know I do.
Jan 16, 2014 5:01 AM

Apr 2009
Sourire said:
itazuranamelody said:
llEmmerdeurll said:
Thelight52 said:
Kyoani means hype.

And disappointment.

You never know.

Well, despite Free I can't think of a reasonable decent KyoAni anime.
All the Key adaptions were so bad I had to drop them (which may be because Key is fucking bad and so unrealistic that only kids and virgins without relationship experience could like it), Haruhi is above average at best and their recent anime were all either lackluster and/or complete snorefests (Chuu2, Tamako, Hyouka, Kyoukai no Kanata etc.). But it seems (moe) style over substance makes people forgive a lot of mistakes.
NidhoeggrJan 16, 2014 5:06 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jan 16, 2014 12:11 PM

Apr 2010
Nidhoeggr said:

All the Key adaptions were so bad I had to drop them (which may be because Key is fucking bad and so unrealistic that only kids and virgins without relationship experience could like it)

lol how mature

Jan 16, 2014 5:15 PM

Apr 2012
OMGGGGGGGGGGGG it's not FMP season 4 but i'm really happyyyyy .

Fummoffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu !
TheAwakenHDJan 16, 2014 5:19 PM

Jan 16, 2014 5:57 PM

Jul 2013
Heh, KyoAni is animating this? Okay, I'm a little more interested in this now. :D
Please no lame characters.
Jan 17, 2014 6:47 AM

Sep 2010
I really loved Full Metal Panic hoping this is just as good!

Will Watch without a doubt
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 17, 2014 8:12 AM

Dec 2013
what's the problem with being an harem? there are so many romance animes with harem influences since many romance animes are based on harem eroge :) for example clannad is kind of harem! or OreImo ;) being an harem anime just means that more than two characters are in love with the main character

kyoAni are not completely stupid so you should have more confidence in their decision

in their opinion it's worth animating it so it can't be that bad of a novel!

I'm looking forward to it!
Domo domo! Kami desu :D
Jan 17, 2014 11:43 PM

Nov 2010
Sourire said:
itazuranamelody said:
llEmmerdeurll said:
Thelight52 said:
Kyoani means hype.

And disappointment.

You never know.

B-but there's this meme... http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/kyoani-finds-a-way

Lol anyway, based from data gathered, I'm expecting a fumoffu.

- Similar Genre and Staffs, check.
- Princess-ish female character, check.
- Violent female lead, check.
- Talented but dysfunctional and funny male lead, check.
- Bonta, check.

And more Fumoffu is definitely not a bad thing, right?
Jan 26, 2014 3:37 PM

Feb 2010
Red_Keys said:
Genres: Comedy, Romance, School, Harem

Bleh. No thanks. You disappoint me Kyoani.

Couldn't agree more :(
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 27, 2014 12:40 AM

Jul 2012
Valaskjalf said:

that would be nice.

you reminded me it's almost 10 years since The 2nd Raid :(
Jan 27, 2014 3:33 PM

Jul 2012
Kitsu-nee said:
Laciie said:
phoenixalia said:
Red_Keys said:
phoenixalia said:

I want it and I want it NOW.
Or how about that - guys from Free! are free (haha nice pun~ I know) during winter because they can't swim anywhere, so they form a boysband.
Fujoshi would die out of happiness.

Yes, please. More manservice is always welcome. There's already way too many shows with fanservice (for the guys).

On topic tho, I'm guessing this will be aired either in Spring or Autumn, assuming Free! II will be in the Summer. May consider it but it's prolly moe romance which I'm not into.
Jan 27, 2014 3:54 PM

Jun 2012
harem? gah D:

- I only draw freestyle! -
Jan 28, 2014 9:27 AM
Aug 2013
mayukachan said:
May consider it but it's prolly moe romance which I'm not into.

The series isn't romance-centric. There are romantic elements, but the overall focus is on running the park and what that entails.
Feb 1, 2014 10:38 AM

Jan 2009
And here we are again at the point where kyoani throws their potential out the window, hurrah.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
55 minutes ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
6 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
9 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.