Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2014 12:11 AM

Jan 2013
-Jinsei- said:
Are you guys kidding me? How can you possibly not like the narration? Anybody who doesn't like narration obviously hasn't watched Kaiji or Akagi. It makes everything tenfold more intense, suspenseful, fascinating and epic.

Can confirm. Recently fin Akagi and currently watching Kaiji. Also, Netero is badass
Jan 8, 2014 12:18 AM

Jul 2013
Why do people keep talking as if Netero could kill Pitou easily? he can't!!

Even if he can, it certainly won't be a one-hit kill. Even the King who's the strongest character in the series by far, can't kill Pitou with one strike. In all likelihood Pitou's endurance is probably only a little below the king. Plus

Jan 8, 2014 12:21 AM
Oct 2011
Cresherhsm said:
tsudecimo said:
115 votes for 5/5? REALLY?

This fanbase is blind as hell.

We all have different tastes.
Or he's just pissed off because people are bashing Naruto and its fanbase, his best anime since sliced-bread, and thought: "why not hate the current popular big thing and talk shit about its fanbase?" (See how he namely bashes the "fan-base"? Here's an example:
Their condescending tone and sense of undeserved superiority because they are a fan of something.

) Though he's honestly just angering himself for no proper reason, like a lot of people here on the forums. Tsudecimo didn't hate the episode, he gave it a 3, he kinda liked it, but was pissed off just because he saw the fanbase that hates his fav animu fanboying over the episode. Just ignore him.

j0x said:
just how old is Netero? lol
110. (same number as last episode, now that I mention it) He saw Zeno's birth when he was 43 years old.
Candor123Jan 8, 2014 12:36 AM
Jan 8, 2014 12:35 AM

Jan 2009
Candor said:

j0x said:
just how old is Netero? lol
110. (same number as last episode, now that I mention it) He saw Zeno's birth when he was 43 years old.

thanks i thought he is older than that
Jan 8, 2014 12:41 AM

Feb 2013
I wonder why people in forum like to argue and insult the other... -__-

I expect to see some action but there's none T.T
The episode was great, even thought without action... I could feel the tense, and I like the narration (well i like narration, monologue or something like that, like in Oregairu, haruhi, hyouka etc). Netero past also great, I thought it's importance to know how he could become as strong as now.

To answer some question out there, here's is my opinion based from what I watched...
1. why netero didn't kill the queen before the king born?
the king born premature, netero predicted the king would born 2 moth again so he use the 1 moth to weaken to enemy and wait the back up team (shoot-knukle or gon-killua)

2. There's only pitou there, then why he didn't attack and only weaken the enemy?
Netero and his team didn't know the fact that there's only pitou there so they need to collect some information first.

3. Netero could kill pitou easily?
no, he couldn't... HxH use intelligent move to defeat the enemy not raw power (like most shonen manga) and netero power he shown today is different from when he in NGL. He meditate for 9 days right? and not only power, I'm sure he also prepare the mental

well, that's what I though.... sorry for my bad english, , I hope all of people here can understand what I'm saying.
Jan 8, 2014 12:42 AM

Sep 2008
Really, though, the recent episodes have been going WAY too slow. Almost one piece-esque. 2 whole episodes covered all of 7 minutes, from 7 min before the invasion till the invasion started.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Jan 8, 2014 12:45 AM

Oct 2008
nurBAW said:
3. Netero could kill pitou easily?
no, he couldn't... HxH use intelligent move to defeat the enemy not raw power (like most shonen manga) and netero power he shown today is different from when he in NGL. He meditate for 9 days right? and not only power, I'm sure he also prepare the mental

well, that's what I though.... sorry for my bad english, , I hope all of people here can understand what I'm saying.

You're right, insofar that Netero is notably stronger after a month or so of meditation and preparation for the final fight. However, it's probably true that he still could have beaten a newborn Pitou, even in that state. The real problem was that they didn't know what was going on in the hive at any given point, and especially when Pitou was the only Royal Guard up at the time. By the time they knew anything of what was going on, all the royal guards including the king had been born.
Jan 8, 2014 12:48 AM

Aug 2009
just why did I go to look up Netero's age and ruin the anime for myself..........smh.

stop bashing other fanbases please. All animes have those who blindly follow them and they also have rational fans as well, its a mixture no fanbase has more than the other.

Jul 2013
jiraiya_sensei said:
Why do people keep talking as if Netero could kill Pitou easily? he can't!!

Even if he can, it certainly won't be a one-hit kill. Even the King who's the strongest character in the series by far, can't kill Pitou with one strike. In all likelihood Pitou's endurance is probably only a little below the king. Plus

Plenty you mean like one kick and three punches! lol.

May 2013
I'm supprised that so many read pkKodama spoilers, it was removed in a hour or so lol

For folks that are wondering why Netero didn't attack the nest back in NGL, the guy had to train to get back at this level, he would have died if he confronted Pitou back than. And Shaiapouf was also there if I remember correctly.

Edit: I checked, yes pouf and pitou were both born by the time Netero got in NGL.
SaSa-ZoldyckJan 8, 2014 12:54 AM
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jan 8, 2014 12:51 AM

Dec 2012
By easily I meant that Pitou at that time wasn't familiar with Nen and didn't master or aware of all his Nen abilities. Maybe it wouldn't have been easily but I think Netero would have been able to handle Pitou on his own.

tsudecimoJan 8, 2014 12:54 AM
Jan 8, 2014 12:52 AM

Sep 2008
SaSa777 said:
I'm supprised that so many read pkKodama spoilers, it was removed in a hour or so lol

For folks that are wondering why Netero didn't attack the nest back in NGL, the guy had to train to get back at this level, he would have died if he confronted Pitou back than. And Shaiapouf was also there if I remember correctly.

Also even if he could he would never have gone in there with the amount of intelligence that had at that point. Realistically speaking there's just too much risk and they know better than to underestimate the ants.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Jan 8, 2014 12:55 AM

Feb 2013
Dangerr said:

You're right, insofar that Netero is notably stronger after a month or so of meditation and preparation for the final fight. However, it's probably true that he still could have beaten a newborn Pitou, even in that state. The real problem was that they didn't know what was going on in the hive at any given point, and especially when Pitou was the only Royal Guard up at the time. By the time they knew anything of what was going on, all the royal guards including the king had been born.

I didn't mean he couldn't defeat pitou. I mean he couldn't defeat him easily....
also I have 1 theory again but not sure if it was right or wrong. here it's : Pitou already use En more than 9 days, based on zeno in yorkshin arc En is exhausting technique so I assume pitou condition right know is not as strong as when he is in NGL.
please give me clear explanation about my theory. thanks :)
Jan 8, 2014 1:00 AM

May 2013
kuity said:
SaSa777 said:

Also even if he could he would never have gone in there with the amount of intelligence that had at that point. Realistically speaking there's just too much risk and they know better than to underestimate the ants.

True, I know that but some people might think that reason alone is not good enough. So it's good to know that;

1. Netero was not as strong as he is now back in NGL

2. There were 2 royal guards protecting the nest.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jan 8, 2014 1:03 AM
Jul 2013
You ppl just don't get it,

I don't want to spoil you it's just my opinion.

Mod Edit: manga spoiler put into spoiler tag.
ThangLongJan 8, 2014 9:36 AM
Jan 8, 2014 1:06 AM

May 2013
^^ That right there is a big spoiler -_-
Jan 8, 2014 1:09 AM
Jul 2013
SaSa777 said:

What spoiler??????
Jan 8, 2014 1:19 AM

May 2013
BeyondNero said:
SaSa777 said:

What spoiler??????

Jan 8, 2014 2:00 AM

May 2012
I love this anime.
Jan 8, 2014 2:21 AM

Apr 2010
First half was awesome, but they showed Netero's attack on Pitou twice as well as dragging his flashback a bit too long. Still a nice ep though, pumped for the weeks to come!

It's odd how this is such a big deal, as in the King could seriously take over the world, yet they only send a handful of hunters in to deal with it. What about all the other super strong hunters? Did I miss/forget something as to why there's such a small team going to try and stop something that could end up as a problem of a worldwide scale? I do remember Netero or some other hunter talking to some bigwigs about something and having a disagreement, not sure about the episode though and what was said though. Could no more hunters be spared for this mission?
Jan 8, 2014 2:30 AM

Jan 2013
antonnn said:
First half was awesome, but they showed Netero's attack on Pitou twice as well as dragging his flashback a bit too long. Still a nice ep though, pumped for the weeks to come!

It's odd how this is such a big deal, as in the King could seriously take over the world, yet they only send a handful of hunters in to deal with it. What about all the other super strong hunters? Did I miss/forget something as to why there's such a small team going to try and stop something that could end up as a problem of a worldwide scale? I do remember Netero or some other hunter talking to some bigwigs about something and having a disagreement, not sure about the episode though and what was said though. Could no more hunters be spared for this mission?

Thats true, because if they considered it a huge threat they could have sent Gin.
Jan 8, 2014 2:40 AM
Feb 2013
antonnn said:

A couple of reasons.

1) Internal politics. I think in one of the earlier episodes, Morel and Knov had asked for backup, but to no avail. Some corrupted upper level management of the organization who favors those who abide to their will.

2) Easier to move in a small group.

3) Currently available pro hunters are limited.
Jan 8, 2014 2:55 AM
Sep 2013
For some reason, I loved how Pouf yelled "Kiiiiiiing!" in this episode so much.
Jan 8, 2014 2:56 AM

Apr 2010
Ah yeah the internal politics, that's the bit I was trying to remember. I'm quite sure they showed the bigwigs disagreeing with Netero in the earlier stages of the arc. It's quite ridiculous really, considering the danger the Chimera Ants pose. The moving in a small group I understand, I just thought they'd have a team consisting of stronger guys rather than some strong hunters and their apprentices, but I guess if they couldn't get more powerful hunters or the Zodiacs then that's that. It's quite amazing that they'll manage to win this with the guys they have there, taking into considering how overly powerful the royal guard and Meruem are, and even just the general strength of some of the lower Chimera Ants.
Jan 8, 2014 2:57 AM

Jan 2013
Cresherhsm said:

Same, it really built up the tension. It made the situation sound really serious and chaotic. Like shit is really going down you know.
Jan 8, 2014 3:13 AM
Feb 2013
antonnn said:
Ah yeah the internal politics, that's the bit I was trying to remember. I'm quite sure they showed the bigwigs disagreeing with Netero in the earlier stages of the arc. It's quite ridiculous really, considering the danger the Chimera Ants pose. The moving in a small group I understand, I just thought they'd have a team consisting of stronger guys rather than some strong hunters and their apprentices, but I guess if they couldn't get more powerful hunters or the Zodiacs then that's that. It's quite amazing that they'll manage to win this with the guys they have there, taking into considering how overly powerful the royal guard and Meruem are, and even just the general strength of some of the lower Chimera Ants.

Gotta thank Phantom Troupe for taking care of some of the lower ranked ants.
Jan 8, 2014 3:28 AM
Jul 2018
When a show make 10 seconds a whole episode and make it one of the best episodes, then you know it's something special.
Jan 8, 2014 3:48 AM

Aug 2009
This episode was so amazing. The battle hasn't even started yet and it's this awesome already! AAAAAAH I can't wait for the next one!
Jan 8, 2014 3:49 AM

May 2013
ibrahim2712 said:
Cresherhsm said:

Same, it really built up the tension. It made the situation sound really serious and chaotic. Like shit is really going down you know.

True and the ants always had the upper hand untill now, they were making the first moves and hunters were reacting. Also dragon dive is just an amazing nen abillity, things would have ended pretty badly for the hunters if Zeno didn't bomb the palace.
Jan 8, 2014 3:56 AM

Jul 2012
DRAGON DIVE!!!
Cty Best mid
Jan 8, 2014 4:44 AM

Jun 2008
dat spoiler in PV -_-

The episode was beyond epicness BTW
Jan 8, 2014 4:48 AM

Jul 2013
Kurokokoy said:
DRAGON DIVE!!!

Loved it. That move was out of this world. The entrance, them riding on it, Zeno's voice when saying it, the aesthetics of it, and the showering effect. It was all just so awesome. :)

Sep 2013
This episode was so amazing, Pitou's reaction was priceless. Can't wait for the next one :)
"As you can see, being in a group brings no advantages to the individual. Thus, I choose to be the bear, a beast that refuses to form groups with others. It’s an animal of isolation that’s not at all worried about its solitary lifestyle. Let’s not forget that bears get to hibernate as well. Oh, what a wonderful existence. If I’m ever reincarnated, I most certainly would like to be reborn as a bear."

Sep 2013
kuity said:
Really, though, the recent episodes have been going WAY too slow. Almost one piece-esque. 2 whole episodes covered all of 7 minutes, from 7 min before the invasion till the invasion started.
it took 3 chapters so please just shut the fuck up
Jan 8, 2014 4:55 AM

Jun 2008
What do you guys the rating of this anime gonna be when it finishes airing :D? IMO It has surpassed FMA:B since Chimera ant arc started. Wouldn't mind this being #1 or #2 on the top.
DizzeeJan 8, 2014 5:00 AM
Jan 8, 2014 4:56 AM

Sep 2013
tsudecimo said:
By easily I meant that Pitou at that time wasn't familiar with Nen and didn't master or aware of all his Nen abilities. Maybe it wouldn't have been easily but I think Netero would have been able to handle Pitou on his own.

and what about pouf? like the person said above there was pitou and pouf do you think that netero at that moment could've handled pitou and pouf at the same time? hell i still think pitou would've killed him even without her nen because netero was rusty as fuck at that time, when do you think was the last time this 110 year old dude had a serious fight? must've been decades ago
Jan 8, 2014 5:09 AM

Oct 2009
FingerMove said:
http://abload.de/img/snag-0001dzjt7.png

BAD MOVE.

I feel they planned to turn this into a meme, that s obvious.
Jan 8, 2014 5:17 AM
Dec 2013
shit is about to hit the fan real soon... Can not wait...
Jan 8, 2014 5:31 AM

Jun 2013
10/10 would become Netero's student
Gutalala ~~ sudalala

"It would be great to live as a human"
-Meruem, King of the Ants
Jan 8, 2014 5:41 AM

Dec 2008
Chairman Netero is over 100 years old and still has a body like that?! My, my, my...
Gon and the gang all looked so BA charging into the castle.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 8, 2014 6:10 AM

Nov 2010
I rewatched the episode again and I can't believe that was 20 mins already.
Jan 8, 2014 6:18 AM
May 2012
This is the best Anime episode I've ever seen
Jan 8, 2014 6:20 AM
Aug 2013
I feel that this episode deserves a 6/5. It was so good that I had to rewatch it and pause at some parts just to take in its epicness.
Jan 8, 2014 6:22 AM

Nov 2013
tsudecimo said:
KitsuneKomugi said:
[-snip]

If you are gonna say I'm wrong, at least prove how. I didn't know why his hair turned white and I couldn't care less. The point of that post was to for me to express that I thought Knov's mental breakdown was cheap and unnecessary.

The second post is me explaining why some people are underestimating that butterfly. Not whether he is important or not.

I don't know about stuff that didn't happen yet and the effect of certain plot points? Gee who would have thought that. I guess it's my fault that I didn't read the manga or lacking the ability to foresight.

I doubt you will show how I am wrong and I'm not expecting much from someone who called the King the most complex villain ever after 1 simple episode of development and depth. Jeez, and people wonder why I hate this fan-base.

Once again, missing the point, not really surprised. for the first post, I don't care about your opinion of Knov's breakdown, it's you calling his breakdown unnecessary, it's important that it takes Knov out of the fight leaving Morel to fight Pouf alone

In the second point, you did have a go at Pouf's role and I quote

tsudecimo said:
You keep saying he done impressive stuff, I just don't see them. Training the ants is not impressive nor did it bring forth something noteworthy or impacted the plot in an major way. Him being smart is not impressive because it still not applied in an impressive way yet like Hisoka and he is not the first ant to have that as a trait. Doing the dust thing is just one of his abilities and it's not like it's a mind blowing one. Pitou's ability is more impressive if we compare those two abilities.

Also prove you wrong? My point was to prove that you complain over all the details without waiting to see how it will affect the plot, everything in this arc will always come back and influence the upcoming fights, patience is a virtue you know and it seems those that have tried to argue with you over that will back me up on this

Also love that little personal insult you gave me, I've read the manga to its current chapter so I know how the King develops throughout the rest of the arc and he's a breath of fresh air to the one dimensional villains of Naruto and all other shonen out there

If you are going to comment back, try to be constructive and not insult me or the fan base, but I'm not expecting much from someone who spends most of the time whining about everything without seeing out it all plays out in the grand scheme of things

However I think I'll take a page from what Candor said and just ignore you, as you think HxH fans are bashing on Naruto, so no point trying to reason with a fanboy but just a word of wisdom, it's not just HxH fans, the majority of anime fans do it and from what's been going on in Naruto now, they're kind of right
KitsuneKomugiJan 8, 2014 9:17 AM
"Now, let us drink. Let us drink. Drink to the human race. In every age, there will be good humans and bad humans. Human life is too long to devote to reproduction, yet too short to devote to learning, in the helix of time. Perhaps that is why humans succumb to desire and seek release. Despite the fact that life is complete with the sun, the land and poetry." Supreme Leader Diego(Real) (Hunter x Hunter 2011)
Jan 8, 2014 6:29 AM

Apr 2010
It was awesome extremely awesome *^*
Jan 8, 2014 6:38 AM

Aug 2013
I thought that was quite a cool episode. We got to see some of Netero's past and Zeno's joined the fight! :D

Still can't wait for Gon to get his revenge!!
Jan 8, 2014 6:56 AM
ざわ・・ ざわ・・

Oct 2012
Best episode so far!! IMO
Jan 8, 2014 6:57 AM

Nov 2013
This is def in my top 5 favorite episodes, fucking beautiful and amazing. My only gripe is, I wish they used the exact same pic they used in the manga when Morel and co was entering the palace. The part where Morel screams "GOOOOOOO" was intense too, great stuff.

9/10 episode, can't fucking WAIT till next episode, and for everyone complaining about the pace, MadHouse did 3 chapters this episode......it looks like next episode will get to 268(the end of this ep was the end of 265). What, do you expect MH to go 7 chapters per episode or some shit?

Also, loved the narration this episode, it's refreshing not having first person like in most mangas.

FaltronaJan 8, 2014 7:33 AM
Jan 8, 2014 7:03 AM

Nov 2013
Cresherhsm said:

That's what he's been doing since the beginning.
OOOOU-SAMA!
http://randomc.net/image/Hunter%20X%20Hunter/Hunter%20X%20Hunter%20-%20105%20-%20Large%2011.jpg
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 8, 2014 7:13 AM

Nov 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
lovexLuffy said:
the narration was truly annoying me

Someone will looooove the invasion. Don't say you weren't warned because manga readers were telling this people since over a year.

The narration makes it 10x more intense, can you imagine how stupid it would be if each char had like 10 min each of inner monologue? Narration is def the best route for the invasion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.