Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yozakura Quartet
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 7, 2014 4:36 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Reboot wonderful, combined with his vision of the SROs "Hoshi no Umi" is great! One flaw? 13 episodes are few, the plot is not developed well, I remember that in the old series there was more space to office work for our protagonists, but here you are not just mentioned all this, in the end if you do not read the manga in truth you do not understand what they do exactly Akina, Ao, Hime and Kotoha. This also applies to Kyousuke and Touka minimally. Narration pleasant, there was a mixture of situations and contexts, satisfied. OST and pleasing designs. Eventually even this character design of the characters has been able to conquer me as one of the old series.
Animations not bad, Tatsunoko has worked quite well.

Final rating that goes from 7/10 to 8/10, if they had developed the storyline better enriching more, you could end with a more explosive you get to vote on 9/10! I hope there is a categorized according season after the new OAD "Tsuki ni Naku"
P.S. Too bad that in my country except one group, all the others have snubbed! As with the previous Hoshi no Umi OAD.
Jan 9, 2014 11:26 PM

Oct 2012
Lila as nurse xD
Oh... Kotoha, Touka.. I want to know the tricks too
Lol @ Kotoha & Ao's priceless face when they knew Lily & her parents = Lila & her magic
The elders and their costumes xD

All of them enjoyed the festival (including the 3 mysterious people maybe the next villains)
I want more!!!

JN00b312 said:
PrometheusZero said:
We never did find out what the quartets lead to...

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!!!!

Lol.. smart answer... Here's the cookie~

Moonfail said:

1st Arc: Thorny Path
YQ ~Hana no Uta~ Episodes 1-8

2nd Arc: Sea of Stars
YQ ~Hoshi no Umi~ OVA 1-3

MiniArc: Walking Pilgrimage

3rd Arc: Song of Flowers
YQ ~Hana no Uta~ Episodes 9-13

4th Arc: Crying in the Moonlight
YQ ~Tsuki ni Naku~ OVA 1-3

MiniArc: Story.

5th Arc: Oni Tale
Not animated yet!

Thank you random person!!
There's no animated one for mini arc?
"Signature removed"
Jan 11, 2014 7:46 AM

Jan 2011
What is this madness?! ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
4/10.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 21, 2014 10:25 AM

Dec 2012
Nice Ending. I really hope for a next season to come.
I did not mean to harm anyone feeling or criticize the point of view of other. These are my point of views.
Jan 29, 2014 2:39 AM

Aug 2013
That was great. Wish it wasn't limited to just 13 episodes. I really like the cast and the mix of humor and action. Off to read the manga!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 9, 2014 5:12 PM

Aug 2013
lolwut? magic iz op, nerf plz

Well, it was a good episode, but not really a good ending. It leave us with a lot of question and a weak closure. Don't get me wrong, the scene at the end with the yukatas and all was cute and heartwarming, but considering all the question that the episode left, it's hard to accept.

The fight was pretty cool. I liked the dynamic that the two opposite created. Of course, Akina was really disadvantaged... I didn't understood the science thing.

I hope they do a second season, it was a fun ride!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 19, 2014 8:37 AM

May 2013
love it masterpiece in its own way, would try the manga out later..... later....... - -'
May 21, 2014 4:18 PM

May 2012
Quite a lovely ending although the story is far from over, not sure but the original series had a better ending imo, not sure if there will be a second season or not but this had some strong and weaker points on its own!

All in all a pretty decent remake of the overall story! 7/10
Jul 17, 2014 7:18 AM

Jan 2012
shittiest cast of characters ever..

did not like single one of them

and the retarded to serious scene transition is poorly done

plot and animeation is decent but everything else suck shit

5/10
Dec 13, 2014 7:34 PM

Nov 2011
im in love with you Juri
Hate Keeps me warm
Mar 21, 2015 6:39 AM

Jul 2012
Plot progression was a bit of a mess and the story never went anywhere. I suppose this works more like an introduction to the manga.

Blending humour and seriousness is cool but it wasn't done well here. A lot of the characters didn't make sense to me. Especially the villains. Just found myself grimacing at their actions most of the time.

I did enjoy this a lot for the first few episodes and the fight scenes were quite fun but then things happened all over the place. At least the Ao x Kotoha cuteness was an unexpected perk.

6/10.
Ga_LaxyMar 22, 2015 2:30 AM
Mar 24, 2015 11:30 PM

Mar 2013
So from here I guess I continue on to the 4th arc or the OVA.
Then after that I just start at chapter 63, the mini arc Story?
May 11, 2015 1:15 AM

Feb 2013
IT'S OVER!

So Enjin and Akina do start to duke it out. This battle is like when a immovable object meets an unstoppable force. Enjin just keeps summoning and Akina just keeps removing them. Enjin also reveals how he and Akina got their respective powers. That's cool.

Lila in a nurse outfit. HHHHHNNNNNGGGG!

Love how everyone was enjoying themselves at the festival. Even Enjin and those two yokai hunters that weren't properly introduced! Time to watch the Yozakura Quartet: Tsuki ni Naku!

IT'S NOT OVER YET!
Sep 18, 2015 11:33 PM

Jan 2010
This was quite the odd show that came seemingly out of nowhere. It feels like Kyousougiga with its eccentric colors and equally eccentric characters. Then again, it feels like a Gainax work with all the energy put forth in its animation. And once again, it feels like Birdy the Mighty: Decode with the action scenes going full throttle. It was never serious about anything that it was doing. I'm sure there's an underlying plot to all this, but all attempts to reference or drive it seemed to be in vain. Everything was in service of the eccentricities, and I must say, I enjoyed watching Yozakura Quartet simply have fun with itself. While the fights were great, it seemed to be all about the daily happenings. I don't mind these types of shows, but it does throw into question the point of it all.

Is the show trying to do a little bit of everything, excelling at nothing due sheer shallowness of its plot and daily interactions? Or perhaps this is the show's identity, never committing to any single thing and remaining content with just living life? It's hard to say due to how short Yozakura Quartet is, but from what's available, it definitely leaves a lot to be desired.
Dec 5, 2015 10:04 AM

Aug 2015
So Lila joins the crew huh as Juri's assistant nurse, still can't believe all the shit she'd done especially summoning that large ass sword was all a magic trick for a human being to do that, well weird things are always welcome to this town anyway. Anyway with the revelation on Esoterism and Akina possessing the power to summon from other dimensions was one way to end this series.

Misdreavius said:
If anything, I don't think I watched YQ for the story, I watch it for the badassness of the characters and their interactions. Seriously, all of them are badasses, act cool at all times, and just emit swag whatever they do.

YQ has one of my favourite set of characters in any anime media ever.

With other anime had characters that had the same amount of swag.

Pretty much sum up my thoughts on this series, added the amazing animation quality, overall what a pretty fun ride it is 8/10
May 10, 2016 10:05 PM

Mar 2014
The Head Family and the Branch Family's Tuning !! That was stunning ~ .
Nature of Esoterism and still mysterious lies dormant . That could be good also .
Touka-chan is kawaii , Hime-chan is kawaii .. everyone is CUTE !!
One lovely nurse/magician added to the family ~ !! More to come ~ .
Perfect episode !!! It is just fantastic ~ .

Maido <3 !! I didn’t expect they could raise the quality this high ~ !! The series got a lot of good and delicate key points and one of them that I like to point out ; how hilarious it is ~ !! It is so fulfilling ~ !! I’m giving it 10/10 :D Top-notch .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2016 11:18 PM

Oct 2012
ending song is fire.

that's all I want to say about this series.

Jun 18, 2016 9:56 AM

Jun 2011
^ I feel the same, ed song was pretty nice.

As for the series, I am on the same boat as some of the people here who say that this is a bit of everything but didn't do everything well. Sometimes it's ecchi, sometimes it's comedy, sometimes it's slice of life, sometimes it's heavy drama, and sometimes they tried to mix it up and fail horribly. It's a jumble of mess. The characters are also the same, pretty much, the cast was too big, and they had to share the screen time, in the end, no one really stood out as a special one, and not just that, none of them are memorable.

I am not a huge fan of having a drama being resolved that easily, and it has happened multiple times over the span of 13 episodes. It doesn't feel like it is a real problem if it's so easily resolved. The poor timing of drama, or comedy, or ecchi, or whatever you name it, was also a big problem.

The setting had much potential, but alas I don't think it has reached even half of its potential.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 30, 2016 1:51 AM

Jul 2013
Found this series by chance after seeing a gif of Ao and never expected it to be that good. Honestly it was all perfect except a couple scenes where the art would almost look incomplete and the previous episode which ended in a weird way, I mean the result was fine but a simple "oh I'm so sorry"-"ok it's all good now oneesama" just didn't feel right.

Also who the hell are these guys?
Aug 14, 2016 11:14 AM

Feb 2015
So the story in this series is completely different one from the previous adaptation i assume ? cause i can't connect the story with it so i'm just gonna assume it has a different plot/story. So! the way they executed the story! the first three episode didn't leave much impact to me just gonna be honest in terms of story. but it's different when it comes to it's animation. yes, the animation was so freaking cool AF imo. and i really like the idea to lower the quality of the character design and put it in the character movements more instead. i really really like that idea alot. it saves money and makes it looks more coller.

Same with the story after it got serious in the middle when, i think, 4 of them, Ao, Kotoha, The orge simblings and Hima went berserk. that scene, for god sake, it was so fucking awsome and amazing in terms of animation, soundtrak, atmosphere and bit of the plot twist. and they went berserk not for nothing. i like that they went beserk because of something too especially that reasoning. just gonna be honest, that rage scene is one of my fav rage scene from anime.

overall view from story and character, i like it that it fit to eachother and makes this series looks more fun, entertaining and interesting to watch to me. especially the fun in this series. the jokes and character relationship between each character....every time i saw it, it was enjoyable to watch and fun to watch too. the soundtracks fit well too both of those, story and character which i really like too :D

anyway, overall, it was a great, enjoyable, entertaining, fun and interesting show. obvious i will read the manga after they showed me that ending. those two new characters. man...i can't wait to read the manga xD 9/10 from me. wish another season FROM THE SAME STUDIO WHO MADE THIS ANIME!!!

and obvious this series is way better than the previous adaptation imo.
thanks for the show!!! XD

Shocked said:
This was quite the odd show that came seemingly out of nowhere. It feels like Kyousougiga with its eccentric colors and equally eccentric characters. Then again, it feels like a Gainax work with all the energy put forth in its animation.

HAHAHA xD i'm so suprised to see that someone actually has the same thought as mine xD
seriously. like when i saw this anime for the first time, kyousougiga came into my mind first and then Gainax came in second xD
Sep 7, 2016 12:21 PM
Aug 2015
Ehhh whaaat I need more Akina :< well, let's watch the ova then
Oct 1, 2016 5:52 PM

Aug 2012
-I am not a fan of them introducing more Hiizumi family history at the last episode
-Wait, if the branch family's power is summoning, what power do they have in the mirror world
-They're really upping the fight sequence quality
-What was that nonsense about science they started spouting out in the middle of the fight
-What the fuck was that hand thing
-That was a really anticlimactic ending to the whole conflict
-It's still really adorable whenever Hime wraps her head with her scarf
-I actually don't understand why Hime's so obsessed with holding Akina's hands
-Who were those policepeople in the montage at the end? I don't recognize a single one of them
-Apparently the remaining 3 youkai hunters made an appearance in the ED

This episode was... not an ending. It was more like a mid-season episode meant to connect two subsequent arcs to each other. Like, they still haven't explicitly shown anything about the other side, only two of the youkai hunters have appeared, and the whole conflict with Enjin hasn't been resolved yet. Most of the stuff I liked about the show wasn't even directly related to the plot, and it dealt with the overall atmosphere during the slice of life/calm portions of the show or most of the character dynamics. Since the early episodes had a greater focus on building the cast of characters, I tended to like the earlier episodes more. The episodes got noticeably more plot-heavy when it entered the last arc, and while there were some good moments in there, the later episodes were noticeably less enjoyable than the earlier ones.

Didn't like the last episode because it didn't feel like an ending. Didn't like the last arc because it was like the show forgot what made it charming in the first place. Everything other than the last arc was, at the very least, pretty decent most of the time, and the show was at its best when it was building character relationships that didn't involve Lira.
Nov 21, 2016 8:09 PM

Mar 2015
We got to know the truth about Hiizumi family that both main and branch family can use strike and send. I gotta read tha manga for more truth on other world. Im so curious as to what did Akina saw there.

Damn you Engine! How dare he grope a random kawaii JK boobies!

Nah, I prefer Akina x Touka.

Ohhhh~, Lila nurse outfit <3

4.4/5

Overall: 9/10
May 31, 2017 5:18 AM

Jul 2011
This show had it's flaws and I don't think anyone can deny that. However, I'd be lying if I said it didn't have it's moments when it really shined. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed watching this show from start to finish. Gonna go ahead and bump my final score to a 9/10 because why not.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, 2013 really was a hell of a year for anime.
Mar 5, 2023 12:10 PM

Jan 2009
so tuning, striking, esoterism science are all about the power to send and summon things between dimensions eh

there is also the mystery of Lila on how she became a true or perfect magician without being a half yokai

not bad of an anime but it did not have a conclusive ending since the manga is still ongoing i think
Apr 5, 7:13 PM
Jun 2021
animations are noce, although story has some gaps in it, the rest of the factors make up for it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2013

65 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Feb 1, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 22, 2013

44 by deg »»
Mar 5, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2013

40 by deg »»
Mar 3, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2013

43 by deg »»
Mar 2, 2023 12:08 PM

Poll: » Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2013

59 by deg »»
Mar 1, 2023 1:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.