Forum Settings
Forums

WOW...India has just BANNED Homosexuality....Gays can be sentenced for 10 years!

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 12, 2013 11:43 PM

Jun 2007
SharifEbeefE said:
That is exactly what you are trying to say.

Except it's literally not even close to what I was saying. You may have problems with reading comprehension - that doesn't mean you can make up what you want to claim my posts are saying.

SharifEbeefE said:

And it is near impossible to prove to you MOST humans strive for romantic relationships, you realize this. It's not possible to gain factual evidence; this is not math or science.

It's not 'near' impossible - it IS impossible to prove it because it's not a fucking fact, it's your personal generalizations. You yourslef said it's a fact - something cannot be a fact without factual evidence proving it is a fact.

Also, are you saying facts don't exist out of science or math? Really? So it's not a fact that I just wrote this post?
Dec 12, 2013 11:43 PM

Sep 2012
JustALEX said:
Reverb_Shock said:
JustALEX said:
Reverb_Shock said:
What the fuck? When was it decided you can't control being gay? You're biologically wired to make babies and go for the opposite sex. Gay people choose to deny their genetic duty and mate with the same sex. They can choose at any time to become straight, they just don't want to.

Can you control being straight?

In other words, can you become gay....just like that, at the flip of a switch?
If I choose to become gay, I can. I didn't say they have to like it. No one is born gay. That makes no sense biologically considering animal instincts.

You do know that there are over 1,500 animal species that practice homosexuality, right?

This isn't something exclusive to humans.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/20718.aspx
Well would you look at that. Just learned something.

I decided to do some research rather than communicating my uninformed opinion. Apparently scientists have agreed that being gay is not a choice based on the articles I've read so far. Still think it's bullshit, but I can't deny science. They can at least choose to act on it or not though.
Dec 12, 2013 11:46 PM

Apr 2012
Reverb_Shock said:
JustALEX said:
Reverb_Shock said:
JustALEX said:
Reverb_Shock said:
What the fuck? When was it decided you can't control being gay? You're biologically wired to make babies and go for the opposite sex. Gay people choose to deny their genetic duty and mate with the same sex. They can choose at any time to become straight, they just don't want to.

If I choose to become gay, I can. I didn't say they have to like it. No one is born gay. That makes no sense biologically considering animal instincts.

You do know that there are over 1,500 animal species that practice homosexuality, right?

I decided to do some research rather than communicating my uninformed opinion. Apparently scientists have agreed that being gay is not a choice based on the articles I've read so far. Still think it's bullshit, but I can't deny science. They can at least choose to act on it or not though.

so technically if i choose not to act on being straight, i can become gay? also does this mean gay conversion therapy actually works!?!?!
oh shit Michelle Bachmann's husband might not be a flaming faggot after all!

Dec 12, 2013 11:48 PM

Jan 2013
TallonKarrde23 said:
SharifEbeefE said:

Except it's literally not even close to what I was saying. You may have problems with reading comprehension - that doesn't mean you can make up what you want to claim my posts are saying.

SharifEbeefE said:

And it is near impossible to prove to you MOST humans strive for romantic relationships, you realize this. It's not possible to gain factual evidence; this is not math or science.

It's not 'near' impossible - it IS impossible to prove it because it's not a fucking fact, it's your personal generalizations. You yourslef said it's a fact - something cannot be a fact without factual evidence proving it is a fact.

Also, are you saying facts don't exist out of science or math? Really? So it's not a fact that I just wrote this post?

The funny thing is that you contradicted yourself in the same sentence.. You said

"while I'm not going to get into if it's a choice or not - is something you can control if you ACT ON or not."

You JUST said that you're not going to get into if it's a choice or not, followed by saying that it IS indeed a choice. Maybe YOU have problems with reading comprehension.

And no, I didn't say that facts exist out of science in math. I simply said that it isn't like science or math where facts are fairly easy to prove compared to other subjects; don't change the subject.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2013 11:49 PM

Sep 2012
Zeally said:
Reverb_Shock said:
JustALEX said:
Reverb_Shock said:
JustALEX said:
Reverb_Shock said:

so technically if i choose not to act on being straight, i can become gay? also does this mean gay conversion therapy actually works!?!?!
Wait, do you mean not acting on being straight, as no longer going for the opposite sex? Then that means you either die alone, or get with the same sex. In which you chose to become gay. It only works if the person wants it to lol
Dec 12, 2013 11:50 PM

Feb 2010
Is it just me, or does there seem to be some confusion between the difference of being homosexual and engaging in homosexual intercourse?
Dec 12, 2013 11:51 PM

Jun 2007
SharifEbeefE said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
SharifEbeefE said:

SharifEbeefE said:

The funny thing is that you contradicted yourself in the same sentence.. You said

"while I'm not going to get into if it's a choice or not - is something you can control if you ACT ON or not."

You JUST said that you're not going to get into if it's a choice or not, followed by saying that it IS indeed a choice. Maybe YOU have problems with reading comprehension.

What I said is that I would not get into if BEING homosexual is a choice or not. What I then said is that, and you just quoted this for me, ACTING on your sexuality is a choice.

Those are not even close to contradictory or the same thing - as one is dealing with being something and the other is dealing with taking action based on something. For example, are you fucking someone right now, telling them sweet nothings, kissing them - right this second? No? Then you aren't acting on your sexuality, you still ARE your sexuality, but you aren't acting on it.

Why do people like you even try to argue with people like me when you can't even handle comprehending basic English?

Akito_Kinomoto said:
Is it just me, or does there seem to be some confusion between the difference of being homosexual and engaging in homosexual intercourse?

The only way to actually ENFORCE a ban on homosexuality would be with proof someone is gay - and the only way to get proof would be via homosexual activity on their part. Intercourse not being the only thing I'm referring.
TallonKarrde23Dec 12, 2013 11:54 PM
Dec 12, 2013 11:51 PM

Apr 2012
Akito_Kinomoto said:

if the balls don't touch, it's not gay duh

Dec 12, 2013 11:52 PM

Sep 2012
Akito_Kinomoto said:
Actually, you may be right. I may be looking at it wrong. Okay, now I gotta rethink. Thanks for helping.
Dec 12, 2013 11:53 PM

Apr 2013
cantius said:
Akito_Kinomoto said:
You really don't need a dictatorship or anything of the sort to screw people over though. Just look at the United States.

blame the liberals and their moronic agenda.
agreed, GWB JR. was a much better President.
Dec 12, 2013 11:53 PM

Apr 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
SharifEbeefE said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
SharifEbeefE said:

SharifEbeefE said:

What I said is that I would not get into if BEING homosexual is a choice or not. What I then said is that, and you just quoted this for me, ACTING on your sexuality is a choice.

Those are not even close to contradictory or the same thing - as one is dealing with being something and the other is dealing with taking action based on something. For example, are you fucking someone right now, telling them sweet nothings, kissing them - right this second? No? Then you aren't acting on your sexuality, you still ARE your sexuality, but you aren't acting on it.

Why do people like you even try to argue with people like me when you can't even handle comprehending basic English?

Sorry Michelle Bachmann's husband is proof that you can't choose to be gay or not. Your point is invalid. Any straight guy knows he is a flaming homosexual

Dec 12, 2013 11:54 PM

Jul 2013
Dunois said:

I should also add that India is not as fervently religious as you make it out to be. Yes, there are a lot of Hindus there but the average person on the street in India probably cares less about religion than your average American.

this is an overstatement. indians are pretty religious. doesn't matter if they're hindu or muslim
Dec 12, 2013 11:55 PM

Jun 2007
Zeally said:

Sorry Michelle Bachmann's husband is proof that you can't choose to be gay or not. Your point is invalid. Any straight guy knows he is a flaming homosexual

I know you're just making a joke but I don't want him more confused - so again; I am not saying if you can choose to be gay or not. I haven't stated either way and still am not.
Dec 12, 2013 11:59 PM

Jan 2013
TallonKarrde23 said:
SharifEbeefE said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
SharifEbeefE said:

SharifEbeefE said:

I don't understand why you can't have a simple debate without attempting to demean the other person; it's rather pathetic.

And once again, hypothetically speaking, what if being heterosexual was against the norm? Could you stop "ACTING" out heterosexual behavior? In other words could you stop kissing/ being romantic with females if society frowned upon it? NO, odds are you could NOT. So why should you expect homosexuals not to act on it?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2013 12:02 AM

Apr 2012
I really don't understand the importance of this debate
It's like watching Evangelion

2deep4me

Dec 13, 2013 12:06 AM

Jun 2007
SharifEbeefE said:

And once again, hypothetically speaking, what if being heterosexual was against the norm? Could you stop "ACTING" out heterosexual behavior? In other words could you stop kissing/ being romantic with females if society frowned upon it? NO, odds are you could NOT. So why should you expect homosexuals not to act on it?

I could because I already have. To bring up the other point again - people do not all live for love. I'm part of the group that doesn't. I've had my share of relationships and I don't intend on having one ever again on any level, even 'friends with benefits' and the like. Actually, I treat women pretty lowly rather than being romantic with them anymore because I'm a misogynist and hate women. Actually, I'm a misanthropist, so don't worry, I hate you boys out there too - but misogyny illustrates my point more clearly because I'm heterosexual yet actively AVOID acting on that.

What about virgins or people who have never had relationships? You are saying not acting on your sexuality is impossible - yet they don't. How is that possible if it's impossible? How are they surviving if they are in their 20s or 30s or younger or older and never even held a girls hand, let alone kissed or fucked one? What about people that RIGHT NOW are not in an active relationship? How are they surviving if it's necessary to act and IMPOSSIBLE not to?

It's very easy not to act on things. Being gay does not force you into making out with a guy or shoving your dick into dudes, it just means you prefer that over doing it with a female. There is no force that makes actually doing it necessary. This once again goes back to the fact that 'love' and romantic relationships are not something 'everyone strives for'.

So to answer you - stop asking me things and then answering them yourself with assumptions in the same fucking paragraph. Ask questions and get MY answer, not the one you make up for me to give yourself the answer you want to hear to prove your point to yourself. The answer is Yes. I could easily stop, I even have - and it's not even because of laws!

If you want to argue, don't run to the most fucking retarded fallacy imaginable.
TallonKarrde23Dec 13, 2013 12:22 AM
Dec 13, 2013 12:08 AM

Nov 2013
India, wat r u doin ?

India !

STAHP !
/人 ‿‿ 人\
Dec 13, 2013 12:10 AM

Sep 2013
So you are telling me that all those virgins and people who don't experience romantic relationships are in a very serious dangerous condition and they need to strive for love to survive? and their purpose in life is their sempai~ love?

That power of love does exist. Anime taught us well.
Dec 13, 2013 12:18 AM

Apr 2012
RdfsSayNSlash said:
orchidork said:
Dunois said:

I should also add that India is not as fervently religious as you make it out to be. Yes, there are a lot of Hindus there but the average person on the street in India probably cares less about religion than your average American.

this is an overstatement. indians are pretty religious. doesn't matter if they're hindu or muslim

It's not an overstatement. I'm an Indian and the previous generations are like that but the current gen doesn't give much importance to religion. A lot of the people I know are atheist...like me.

atheists are still a small minority in India. Knowing atheists doesn't mean you suddenly became the super majority. Unless you are talking about secular Hindus/Muslims. Even then secularism is not as prominent in India as it is in the US. Secularism is still a contentious issue in India politics

Dec 13, 2013 12:22 AM

Jan 2013
TallonKarrde23 said:
SharifEbeefE said:

I could because I already have. To bring up the other point again - people do not all live for love. I'm part of the group that doesn't. I've had my share of relationships and I don't intend on having one ever again on any level, even 'friends with benefits' and the like. Actually, I treat women pretty lowly rather than being romantic with them anymore because I'm a misogynist and hate women.

What about virgins or people who have never had relationships? You are saying not acting on your sexuality is impossible - yet they don't. How is that possible if it's impossible?

Even disregarding that last part, it's very easy not to act on things.

Otherwise you're saying being an alcoholic or drug addict is okay. They don't choose to be, they - factually in this case - are addicted to the substance. I'm not comparing homosexuality with alcoholism or drug addiction, but what I am saying is there's a choice that you're pretending doesn't exist. If you're gay you can simply choose not to act on your urges. Just like someone who drinks and doesn't want to be controlled by alcohol can actively choose not to keep drinking.

So can I stop things because I don't want to go to prison? Yeah. I can.

The fact that you are a misogynist is a personal problem....

Please don't try to compare being an alcoholic/drug addict to homosexuality. The only thing (IMO) you can compare it to is being heterosexual.

The difference is that homosexuality has NO negative impact on the world while the others very often do (I'm sure that even we can agree on this).

In any case I'm sure that we could respect each others opinions even if we completely disagree. In all honesty I would rather not continue this argument with you; I feel as if it is going nowhere and I feel no need to continue. It has been fun and you made some good points, but I think I am done here.

I just hope you weren't completely stubborn and understood some of my views.
AversaDec 13, 2013 5:34 AM
Dec 13, 2013 12:22 AM

Jun 2007
SharifEbeefE said:
I feel as if it is going nowhere and I feel no need to continue.

Because you're fucking wrong.

And for the record, I edited all that out to keep you from being distracted - but it didn't help apparently. Nor did me outright saying I'm not comparing them, which you then said not to do.

Also, you're now claiming misogyny is a "problem". That's a bit judgmental and prejudice, kind of like what the Indian government is being towards gays!
Dec 13, 2013 12:41 AM

Jan 2013
TallonKarrde23 said:
SharifEbeefE said:
I feel as if it is going nowhere and I feel no need to continue.

Because you're fucking wrong.

And for the record, I edited all that out to keep you from being distracted - but it didn't help apparently. Nor did me outright saying I'm not comparing them, which you then said not to do.

Also, you're now claiming misogyny is a "problem". That's a bit judgmental and prejudice, kind of like what the Indian government is being towards gays!

I still find it hilarious that you have to be a complete dick instead of being a civil human being...

If you did not mean to compare them then why the fuck do you even mention them? Okay now I understand why you edited that part out; good choice.

And to point to your heavily edited post people don't necessarily act on their "urges" because they NEED them to physically survive, they act on them because it makes (many people) a hell of a lot happier.

"The answer is Yes. I could easily stop, I even have - and it's not even because of laws."

Just like you pointed out earlier that everyone isn't like me (striving for romantic relationships in the long run), not everyone is like you.

And hating over half of the population in the world is a fucking personal problem no matter how you look at it. But that isn't the issue at hand...

You're making it really difficult to walk away from the conversation..
BullsNBears93Dec 13, 2013 12:47 AM
Dec 13, 2013 6:12 AM

Jun 2012
i watched the movies fire earth water
I thought homosexual relations were banned then

reminds me of 1950s britain and wittgenstein's older brother
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Dec 13, 2013 6:18 AM

Jul 2013
That was really unexpected.
Dec 13, 2013 6:22 AM

Aug 2013
I am facepalming at my own country right now.

WTF supreme court?

Please know that most educated Indians are not against homosexuality and I have no idea as to why the fuck they even banned it in the first place.

I seriously don't understand why they did this Hindusim does't even condemn homosexuality, even if it did this is a fucking stupid thing to do and a violation of human rights.

I can tell you one thing, this will be met with protests and the court will have to take back this ridiculous decision that it has made.

Edit: I'd also like to add that India isn't as religious as everyone thinks there are a fair amount of atheists in India which includes me as well. Not to mention that most of the Hindus/Muslims I know are a really tolerant group of people.
AnnihilatedDec 13, 2013 6:31 AM
Kneel Before Evangeline Mcdowell the #1 the ultimate the Original Vampire loli
Vampire Loli Master Race Represent
Aaj Karenge Jhashn

Polychrome | 3 hours ago
oreimo > evangelion.

Crazy_Cofee_Cat said:
Well,I love both lolis and shotas so technically it makes me pedo.

Dec 13, 2013 7:56 AM

Jan 2013
Terminated said:
Not to mention that most of the Hindus/Muslims I know are a really tolerant group of people.

Lol Kashmir.
Dec 13, 2013 8:00 AM

Aug 2013
RedArmyShogun said:
Terminated said:
Not to mention that most of the Hindus/Muslims I know are a really tolerant group of people.

Lol Kashmir.

Yes! because Kashmir and Kashmir alone constitutes the entirety of India nice observation, good job.
Aaj Karenge Jhashn

Polychrome | 3 hours ago
oreimo > evangelion.

Crazy_Cofee_Cat said:

Dec 13, 2013 8:08 AM

Sep 2011
I dont think iv seen an image of a user drop so quickly as tallon did for me in this thread, Hes trying to take the neutral stance to this news but in the process made one of the most logically flawed, inconsiderate, and downright pathetic defenses iv ever had to read on this forum. His argument is so jumpy and all over the place being completely incapable of talking about a single topic for more than 1 or 2 posts in a rushed attempt to justify a flawed point of view is only making things even worse

The worst part of this news this is that most people cant even leave india even if they wanted to, there is already immense amounts of discrimination for being gay there already tat prevents people form gaining any sort of job or income, and even on top of that for anyone else regardless of being gay or straight due to india's caste system people are outright destined for poverty there. India is already one of the absolute worst places to live and they keep finding ways to make it worse, and with its rappdly growing population well on its way to surpass china in the next few years its only going to continually decrease in quality of life.
JizzyHitlerDec 13, 2013 8:13 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 13, 2013 8:18 AM

Aug 2013
They're trying to resolve the problem of Caste System , there are reserved seats in colleges and jobs for members of lower castes ( And theses reservations don't constitute a small percentage they are pretty large actually ) and of-cource discrimination on the basis of caste is already a crime. The situation with regard to castes has improved by a huge margin in the past few years.
Aaj Karenge Jhashn

Polychrome | 3 hours ago
oreimo > evangelion.

Crazy_Cofee_Cat said:

Dec 13, 2013 8:20 AM

Jan 2013
Terminated said:
RedArmyShogun said:
Terminated said:

Lol Kashmir.

Yes! because Kashmir and Kashmir alone constitutes the entirety of India nice observation, good job.

No but it IS a perfect example that they DO NOT get along. Neverming the hotly contested area's you hold with Bangledesh and the crazy ass borders with in borders area.

You are just trying to make your country look good.

A Nation I might add can't provide power to half its people and also might I add has telemarketing centers AND recently someone killed BY LAW in the interior for praticing Witchcraft.

Your post and opinions had so many holes in it, that your only purpose in making it was to look good for a few of the members. How long as it been since this was passed, where are the protests? Hint there won't be any. Also how can you speak for a nation of over 1 billion people? I'm sure you know most of them *sarc*. In short India is a problem plauged region that is held together on shaky grounds and views. Its why I laugh at the notion of it being a world power.

Its like in Kangaroo land, its gay marrige law was repelled making it illegal once more.

And I would hardly call them religious.
Dec 13, 2013 8:21 AM

Sep 2011
Terminated said:
They're trying to resolve the problem of Caste System , there are reserved seats and jobs for members of lower castes and of-cource discrimination on the basis of caste is already a crime but yes it is still problem that has to be overcome by India. The situation with regard to castes has improved a lot in the past few years.
but the issue will be how effective will it work, just look at how dowry was banned in india, yet people still continue to regularly do it, its still a rampant issue in india that a man will marry a woman for dowry and then when she runs out beat, torture, or even kill her before or while during another marriage to another women where he will do the same to here is she every stops paying him

When it comes to indian traditions they are adamant

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 13, 2013 8:22 AM

Nov 2008
RedArmyShogun said:
Terminated said:
RedArmyShogun said:
Terminated said:

Lol Kashmir.

No but it IS a perfect example that they DO NOT get along. Neverming the hotly contested area's you hold with Bangledesh and the crazy ass borders with in borders area.

A Nation I might add can't provide power to half its people and also might I add has telemarketing centers AND recently someone killed BY LAW in the interior for praticing Witchcraft.

Your post and opinions had so many holes in it, that your only purpose in making it was to look good for a few of the members. How long as it been since this was passed, where are the protests? Hint there won't be any. Also how can you speak for a nation of over 1 billion people? I'm sure you know most of them *sarc*.

Its like in Kangaroo land, its gay marrige law was repelled making it illegal once more.

Australia banned flat chests in porn for not much of a good reason as well.

Dec 13, 2013 8:23 AM

Jan 2013
Hoppy said:

I want to hear the story to this.
Dec 13, 2013 8:23 AM

Sep 2011
Hoppy said:
RedArmyShogun said:
Terminated said:
RedArmyShogun said:
Terminated said:

Lol Kashmir.

Your post and opinions had so many holes in it, that your only purpose in making it was to look good for a few of the members. How long as it been since this was passed, where are the protests? Hint there won't be any. Also how can you speak for a nation of over 1 billion people? I'm sure you know most of them *sarc*.

Not only that, if you have sex with a girl who LOOKS underage, you can get arressted, she could be 25 years old but if she looks underage then you can be charged

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 13, 2013 8:27 AM

Nov 2008
RedArmyShogun said:
Hoppy said:

Here

@JizzyHitler Good god, that's terrible, only problem with that part how on earth that can be enforced anywhere but at a porn agency or in public view.

Dec 13, 2013 8:28 AM

Aug 2013

The reason Bangladesh is an independent country is because of India ( Look it Up ) , the borders are not hotly contested with Bangladesh maybe with Pakistan but not with Bangladesh.

Of-cource there are still many flaws within the system in India , i'm just stating what I know and what the facts are people in India know how corrupt the government is and they're trying to do something about it.

Let me ask you a question what holes does my post have in it? Of-cource it's not like i'm going to deliberately try to make my country look bad it is my country after all and it's not like i'm supporting the
SC ruling or anything I was totally against it. It was passed just 2 days ago there will be protests.

Also when did I say they were religious lol? Did you even read my post?

Yes I agree problems like these still exist in India, but it's not like we're not trying to do something against them , Awareness is bein spread and efforts are being actively made to reduce these occurrences
And when it comes to things like 'dowry' or 'honor killings' this usually happens between the uneducated people.
AnnihilatedDec 13, 2013 8:44 AM
Aaj Karenge Jhashn

Polychrome | 3 hours ago
oreimo > evangelion.

Crazy_Cofee_Cat said:

Dec 13, 2013 8:31 AM

Sep 2011
Hoppy said:
RedArmyShogun said:
Hoppy said:

Here

@JizzyHitler Good god, that's terrible, only problem with that part how on earth that can be enforced anywhere but at a porn agency or in public view.

May i just say how ironic it is that the country trying to ban female ejaculation small breasts among other sexual provocative material is the same one where prostitution is legal

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 13, 2013 8:32 AM

Apr 2013
gg india
an egomaniac and a fool

Dec 13, 2013 8:32 AM

Jan 2013
Hoppy said:
RedArmyShogun said:
Hoppy said:

Here

This is much better than the current topic. I must share this with friend who likes such.

@Terminated, I was arguing on the grounds that they are religious. As to Bangladesh that is not so, or at least they would not agree. Course the term "hotly contested" differs on where you are from. All in all I think somewhere along the line we have a failure to communicate.

Also you should make fun of whats wrong with your country. Its the only way to fix it, course what needs to be "fixed" differs from person to person, and it is in the end why world peace or a world in which we all can be happy is not possible.
Dec 13, 2013 8:36 AM

Mar 2009
Hoppy said:
RedArmyShogun said:
Hoppy said:

Here
I'm dieing.
So basically female ejaculation is icky but male is completely fine.
Dec 13, 2013 8:36 AM

Aug 2013

Oh trust me I know what's wrong with my country and actively voice my opinions on the matter like I totally disapprove of this SC ruling, the caste/dowry system etc. In India the press only reports on the governments failures rather than their successes we've got the criticism part right. As for religion the previous generation was religious but take it from me, I actually live in India this generation isn't.
Aaj Karenge Jhashn

Polychrome | 3 hours ago
oreimo > evangelion.

Crazy_Cofee_Cat said:

Dec 13, 2013 8:47 AM

Jan 2013
Terminated said:

Oh trust me I know what's wrong with my country and actively voice my opinions on the matter like I totally disapprove of this SC ruling, the caste/dowry system etc. In India the press only reports on the governments failures rather than their successes we've got the criticism part right. As for religion the previous generation was religious but take it from me, I actually live in India this generation isn't.

Yeah but are you in Urban India, or Rural India? I find thats the neat part about india. Modern City States, and Feudal backlands. In some parts of the country slavery is still in effect, course no one says that offically..makes me wonder though, just how many seats does the country regions and the more autonomous states control versus the urban modern areas? Course who controls the money isn't in question.
Dec 13, 2013 9:07 AM
Mar 2013
Well this sort of view is common in Asia where the family name means a lot.

I don't agree with it but since its a religious country its a delicate topic to discuss.

Lets hope India become more accepting in the future
Dec 13, 2013 9:33 AM

Nov 2013
Viva La MEXICO!
Dec 13, 2013 9:35 AM

Feb 2013
Nice.
Dec 13, 2013 9:40 AM

Jan 2011
Good for them.
Dec 13, 2013 8:30 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Carnal intercourse against the order of nature with man or women or animal

This same terrible argument again. Unreal indeed.

TallonKarrde23 said:
I don't think it's right to pretend it's right or wrong just because it's something we were born and trained to believe is immoral for the government to do. Saying the government is terrible and 'needs to die' for this is being the same way they are acting about homos. It's not like they are committing genocide by saying you can't get caught being gay, it's not like fucking or making out are necessary for the human body to survive and there is no basic global human right about 'you can suck dicks if you like them as a man' because that'd be stupid. They are doing nothing wrong here aside upsetting your personal moral views of how the world should be.

Don't go all social justice warrior about fucking everything, especially when it's in a country you aren't even a part of. People seem to forget that the right to many freedoms - including being gay (acting on that sexuality, rather), religion, etc, are all things dictated by a few countries. They are not human rights. Claiming a government is tyrannical because homosexuality is banned is essentially saying that America and Europe are the only ones allowed to decide things for the human race and all must follow their hamburger and tea overlords.

I don't agree with it, but it doesn't make it some sort of objectively morally wrong, stupid, or evil decision. It just means I disagree with it.

You do know that equality of rights and the right to profess whatever religion you want are human rights, right?
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Not what India's doing at all.

Anyway, what's not tyrannical about a government removing rights from a group of people based on religion and enforcing said discrimination Certainly it's not an egalitarian government.
Would you say the same if heterosexuality got banned instead? They are doing way more than upsetting my moral views, they're doing a group of people harm. In case you didn't read the article (or the OP), gays could be sentenced up to 10 frickin' years in jail for nothing more than their completely natural inclinations, while heterosexual people can have all the sex they want. You can go all "it's all a matter of perspective" moral relativist about the issue, but that really doesn't work for the people actually suffering from this and in risk of going to jail.
Also, the government being free to arbitrarily ban everything that is not a human right (and even human rights too, apparently) or absolutely necessary for survival under the guise of "well, it's not objectively immoral" (whatever "objectively" moral means to you), like you suggest, it's a very scary prospect.
Dec 13, 2013 10:02 PM

Apr 2012
out of curiosity, is there a huge open gay community in india?
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 16, 2013 4:54 PM
Mar 2013
Just 10 years?Gays have to die.
Dec 16, 2013 4:57 PM
Oct 2010
lol that's so gay
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.