Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 14, 2013 1:05 PM

Oct 2013
Aversa said:
Kind of disappointed that they go for a typical anime ending, meaning most episodes all nice and peaceful and last few episodes a plot reveals itself and the main has to solve it.
Things have been nice till now guess i have to live with that.

Shinichi's plan only works temporal he is forgetting that to run anime and games you need technology and the only one in that world that can produce the technology needed is Japan.
Making things for production of manga or light novels is available and they can develop it themselves this does mean that Eldants own technology will be making major improvements because of the Japanese interference.
Still they need some help from Japan to improve things as they are.

Leaving much room for the Japanese government to negotiate about resources and such.

may be the fantasy world will develop thing over the time, dunno
Dec 14, 2013 3:30 PM

Sep 2008
dragonshade said:
Myucel = Best heroine this season

I dunno...it's a toss up between her and Akatsuki for me.

tomtomr92 said:
HE IS GONA DIE HOLYSHIT THAT DEATH STARE O.O
Never make characters Open their eyes >.<

The term, "If looks could kill" does not do that stare any justice...those were laser beam eyes without the laser beams
Dec 14, 2013 4:41 PM
Jul 2013
One more episode to say "goodbye" to one of the most entertaining series of the season. According to the preview, speculated that possibly there may be a second season.

About the episode, it was quite complicated Shinichi, but managed to get away with him or that you think ...
Dec 14, 2013 6:17 PM

Aug 2013
Dat Plot twist... and on the 11th episode huh.

Everything's going good, and by controlling the supply of mangas, animes and light novels, problem arises.

So that's why. The story is not just your ordinary anime which goes by on what you want.

Myucel was soo damn cute, I thought shinichi would hug her, but I remembered he's the protagonist like of those harem anime's. He's too shy to express his love haaha, or it's just that he doesn't feel that way for myucel.

woah, giving petralka an idea, maybe eldant will also have their own akihabara in the end.

Dat eyes, Matoba-san is quite serious now.

And it's the last episode next week, Damn a lot of anime's will end next week. Gotta prepare for heavy feels.
Dec 14, 2013 7:27 PM

Aug 2013
Wow that got really serious for a moment there. I was right in guessing that Japan was trying to take over Eldant, but I didn't think they were doing through their culture.

Noooo why does next week have to be the last episode, I've enjoyed this anime so much.
wow gay
Dec 14, 2013 10:27 PM

Oct 2010
holy sh*t the eyes at the end will haunt me O.o

Great ep! I don't want it to end. :(
Dec 15, 2013 1:00 AM

Sep 2011
mangamuscle said:
ColdXClue said:
I know this is anime but in real life there is no way he wouldn't have killed shinichi when he got back to the mansion after him ruining their plans.

To be more precise, he would have asked Minori to blow his brains with a bullet and dispose of the carcass, bureaucrats seldomly get their hands dirty, that is grunt (military) work.

That is so true. I was in the military and I can see us having to off this guy for treason or something.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2013 3:51 AM

Feb 2013
Their magic seems powerful, but modern technology is an even bigger unknown to Eldant. Judging by their reactions to that small-time magical bomb early in the season and how the dragon was handled in the previous episode, the only way they'd stand a chance against a full-scale invasion was if they somehow closed the portal between worlds.

It looks like Shinichi is going to have to immigrate because if he isn't already a dead man on Eldant, he definitely is in Japan. I wonder why he hasn't already asked Myucel to teach him to wield magic...
Dec 15, 2013 5:08 AM

Aug 2012
Shin'inchi's plan does seem legit, but given that he only came up with it overnight, there are bound to be some consequences. I don't think Eldant has the ability to mass-produce commercial entertainment by themselves even though they have some talented individuals. Shin'ichi claims that Eldant doesn't need the Japanese government's assistance, but even if that were the case, it's not like the government would just give up that easily. The government did stumble on a metaphorical gold mine of resources, information, and culture after all; who would let an opportunity like that pass? Europe sure didn't waste any time getting on boats to colonize the Americas at the expense of its natives, and the United States sure didn't waste their time trying to "find Weapons of Mass Destruction" (i.e. get oil).

I don't think this can easily be resolved with the one episode we have left. However, given that the complexity of this situation is at a higher level than the typical lighthearted comedy/drama anime, the series could do well with a second season. I don't know how faithful this series as a whole was to the light novel, but in this case I doubt it matters because the anime writers can do a lot with what they've already shown us. I'd be really disappointed if they decide to end it here.
gamer2710Dec 15, 2013 5:16 AM
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Dec 15, 2013 6:23 AM
Sep 2013
OMG Matoba opened his eyes. Never make characters who always close their eyes open them.
Something big is gonna happening now.

Myusel so cute.

I had the same thought that Eldant should produce their own Mangas/Animes. xD

Last Episode next week ._.
Dec 15, 2013 7:42 AM

Jun 2013
This show proves once again that it can handle drama pretty well! :)
Terrific episode! :)
Dec 15, 2013 9:34 AM

Jan 2013
Fucking called it from Ep one.

Damn Civilization V and its cultural Victory points.

Shinichi however has likely forced a military sollution or signed his own death warrent.
Dec 15, 2013 10:53 AM

Mar 2013
Slicer22 said:
Well Shinichi is in trouble whenever a character who never opens their eyes opens their eyes i think you should start shitting yourself.

BlueKaitoKun said:
OMG Matoba opened his eyes. Never make characters who always close their eyes open them.
Something big is gonna happening now.

So true xD
Dec 15, 2013 5:13 PM

Mar 2013
Silly japanese people. Only took them about 70 years to entirely forget about what happened the last time they tried to subjugate another nation to their will.

Slicer22 said:
Well Shinichi is in trouble whenever a character who never opens their eyes opens their eyes i think you should start shitting yourself.

I guess this was the part of the novel someone said they skipped in an old discussion thread they must be using it for the finale.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/8/87/Brock_open_eyes.png/220px-Brock_open_eyes.png

Yea, definitely something to shit yourself over.
Dec 16, 2013 12:25 AM

Dec 2010
This episode was a lot more serious, so I kind of missed the light hearted bits that the series has been displaying from the beginning, but I like how it handles political satire in a pretty awesome way.

The solution was so simple, but at the same time its a very wise decision, I think they reveals quite a bit about Shinichi's character.

I'm sad that the next episode is the last one, I don't see this getting a second season anytime soon unfortunately...but I can always cross my fingers!
Dec 16, 2013 1:21 AM
Aug 2011
I wish this show wouldn't end just yet. I love it.

Those eyes at the end were terrifying.
Dec 16, 2013 6:25 AM

Oct 2009
Kinda figured this was the case...oh no Matoba opened his eyes!
One more to go D:! I want moreeee :'(
Dec 16, 2013 8:54 AM

Jul 2013
Matoba's eyes were saying:
"You're so dead."

Kind of predictable, never trust the government.
Dec 16, 2013 10:40 AM

Dec 2012
Thought Matoba was plotting something, can't just have Shinichi being happy go lucky :p

Well.. you know you're fucked when someone who rarely opens their eyes actually opens them.

Myucel best heroine this season tbh.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Dec 17, 2013 2:45 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

That is, if he had not thrown the previous episode to magnetize those who sought the fanservice, the series would become a point of reference for using a better idea of invading a country with no arms but with the pen!
Good episode but this too quickly there was this change of front which could easily be done in two installments, the figure of Shinichi that idiot descended from the land immediately becomes skillful strategist, leaves me hesitant. Then his move is risky, because Matoba can definitely make him pay with a vengeance cross.
The next episode should be resolved in the blood, there is no other way!
Blood ... blood ... blood! Drama in spades! * _ *
And if we beat a bit of romance why not! :)
Dec 17, 2013 7:28 AM

May 2010
Edward is an interesting character for sure. I just knew that Matoba was hiding something. Shinichi, you are so lucky to have such a awesome maid who understands you

Smart move by Shinichi. Those eyes at end
Dec 17, 2013 1:44 PM

Oct 2011
Matoba used Shiinichi to make the people of Eldant lazy : 0. Learning the Otaku way of life. So he can take over this land. But Shiinichi's plan involved Eldant and not Japanese government. OMG he opened his eyes.
Dec 17, 2013 8:46 PM

Mar 2012
Amarrez said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_Wars

I can't have been the only one to think of this.

The 'withdrawal' symptoms shown this episode definitely seemed to be leaning towards that metaphor.
Dec 18, 2013 10:10 AM
Dec 2011
Marenwynn said:
Their magic seems powerful, but modern technology is an even bigger unknown to Eldant. Judging by their reactions to that small-time magical bomb early in the season and how the dragon was handled in the previous episode, the only way they'd stand a chance against a full-scale invasion was if they somehow closed the portal between worlds.

Um,did you forget the football match?
Tomorrow is time,it should be change some people's thinking unless anime change the plot again
D-JoeDec 18, 2013 10:33 AM
Dec 18, 2013 2:01 PM

Dec 2011
That's what happens if you employ a real otaku culture evangelist who doesn't care about the government.

Hitsugi no Chaika reference :)
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 19, 2013 10:33 AM

Sep 2012
it saddens me to see this series about to end i dont want it,

at the end of this ep, all i can hear was

"U MAAD"

shinichi did the right thing
Dec 20, 2013 11:04 PM

Nov 2012
Nice comeback Shinichi. I would have never thought of that.
Dec 21, 2013 8:24 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty darn good episode. Nice way to turn it around.
Dec 22, 2013 7:24 PM

Jun 2012
So we finally get to the plot (I know, this wasn't plot-based). I liked Matoba more when he was like "uh. . ." with that straight face xD
What kind of sucks is that with the plot finally here, a little less comedy, which combined with the characters, was the most enjoyable part of this series. .

Dec 23, 2013 5:40 AM

Aug 2012
Those eyes says "die".
Dec 23, 2013 8:08 PM

Sep 2008
A lot of things bothered me in this episode.

Matoba is mad.
Dec 24, 2013 2:15 AM

Feb 2011
I really hope theres a S2 . and damn what a episode.
Dec 30, 2013 2:43 PM

Mar 2012
You know shit has just gotten real when a character who's eyes always seem to be closed open up.
Jan 1, 2014 6:24 AM

Aug 2013
Go for it Shinichi.. I love you Myucel !!! <3
There's only one more episode... arghhhhh.
Jan 1, 2014 4:40 PM

Jun 2012
Wow, I wasn't sure if something like this would happen or not. But there was plenty of hints, so not too surprising. Them eyes.

I'm already hoping for a second season.
Jan 3, 2014 11:10 AM

Aug 2010
-
Introduce the plot so late? Quite a bad move, but at least all the foreshadowing bore fruit. Why is Shinichi still treating Minori like a friend? She knew about all of this, freaking traitor...she should be the one disposed of.

+
Myucel continues to be the best girl of the show and the season.
Nice move Shinichi.
Matoba finally opened his eyes, it's on now.

3/5 okay episode with bad and good points.
Jan 3, 2014 2:03 PM

Apr 2012
he looks like a dead fish with his eyes open
Jan 4, 2014 11:56 AM

Oct 2011
Great episode! A bit late to introduce such a huge plot point but I can't really imagine it another way. Sad that Minori already knew about it, but I'm pretty sure she'd side with Shinichi if it came down to that. Miusel and Shinichi's late night conversation was really lovely, and when everyone clapped for Shinichi in the palace it was really heartwarming. Really hoping the ending is nice.
Jan 10, 2014 8:06 PM

Jun 2013
Sichi said:
lol i saw this coming! that matoba face is sooo predictable! xD one i saw that face i knew this guy is up to something xD

and myucel.. always cute as ever!

This.
Jan 10, 2014 8:12 PM

Jun 2013
This got real.

From the start, I started to doubt about the reason of Japanese government spreading the "Otaku Culture".

Poor Shinichi. He was being used. But thanks to Miusel, who acted so sweet and cute. And at least he made a bright idea on how to oppose the Japanese government in a simple way, and that is: A project for Eldant people to make their own otaku culture!

One episode left.
Jan 15, 2014 5:30 AM

Oct 2012
Lol @ those dwarves (father & son).. "Which one is the student?"

Oh.. this is the first time that this anime had a real story for once xD
He opened his eyes... Those eyes... Ew scary >_<
"Signature removed"
Feb 3, 2014 4:26 PM

Jan 2012
i had a feeling matoba was up to something, but it was interesting going for the cultural invasion making them rely on japanese products and stuff so when it ran low, they had no choice but to do as they say, having not read the manga it was nice little twist, but i remember someone saying that they may have skipped this bit and using it as the ending?? may consider reading this one, i am enjoying it more than i realised, until i remembered next episode is the last and i was quite sad ;(

hope it goes out with a bang and i can give it an 8 which is where it's at atm! the eyes at the end leave a funny feeling in my stomach surely there won't be a death? D:
Mar 15, 2014 9:41 AM
May 2012
We were right guys, the JSDF are really up to something, something very bad!!!!
Matoba opened his eyes, so yeah, shit will happen.
That's a nice plan Shinichi, but I got better plans in my head, at least for me it's better.
I am glad that Shinichi stood up and did the right thing.
Thanks to my sweet, loving, adorable and wonderful Miusel <3 She still makes dinner for Shinichi every night, how sweet, though it's always omelet rice but it looks good anyway.
Shinichi should have hugged her during their conversation. I am hoping for a kiss between Shinichi and Miusel :3
Fuck the GOVERNMENT and their selfishness!!!!!!
Apr 7, 2014 2:18 AM

Jun 2013
IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW. When I first started the anime, I thought importing otaku goods/culture to these newly discovered "realm" is silly and doesn't makes sense. At episode 2, I realized that they're just destroying the culture of the other world which I found disturbing and outrageous. Even so, I disregarded the two ideas and give the anime a chance.

Now, it all makes sense. Well done in foreshadowing. Witty. This show keeps surprising me. :)
Apr 26, 2014 9:08 AM

May 2012
The truth has been revealed and well with only one more episode to go I really wonder how it will end!
Jun 23, 2014 3:28 AM

Jan 2013
I never noticed Matoba didn't open his eyes the whole series :o
lol, now that the idea is on its way, it doesn't even help if they get rid of him :D

Nicely done, Shinichi!
Aug 8, 2014 11:40 PM

Sep 2011
Holy shit dem eyes.

Those were the eyes of someone you never want to piss off.
Sep 18, 2014 10:26 AM

Dec 2013
We all know shit's going down when Matoba opens his eyes.
Im love how sometimes this anime would transform from its humorous comedy to explore a more serious theme,hope they would execute this last one right.
Dec 29, 2014 11:53 PM

Jun 2014
Well, now the anime's title of "outbreak company" makes sense.
SHIT JUST GOT REAL.
its gonna be a bittersweet last episode isn't it?
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Mar 22, 2015 2:48 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, shit got serious this episode.

Matoba finally opens his eyes! He looked serious.

Onto to the final episode!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Outbreak Company Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

250 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 8, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Outbreak Company Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

131 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 8, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Outbreak Company Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

128 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 8, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Outbreak Company Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

111 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 8, 7:17 PM

Poll: » Outbreak Company Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2013

139 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 8, 6:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.