Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (198) « First ... « 132 133 [134] 135 136 » ... Last »
Mar 6, 2016 8:16 AM

Apr 2010
Usually (If not always) girls wear skirts at school. You can try to have pictures from gym class. Though I can't find pictures with pants...

Mar 6, 2016 8:18 AM
Apr 2015
Are there even school uniforms that doesn't use a skirt?
Mar 6, 2016 8:22 AM

Oct 2014
ItsMaz said:
zombie_pegasus said:
In Vividred Operation the uniform uses shorts instead of skirts.

I haven't seen any other examples of this. Female sports anime like Ro Kyu Bu and Taisho Baseball Girls tend to have girls in shorts. Also, in Taisho Baseball Girls half of the main characters wear kimino instead of sailor uniforms.

How are they shorts lol? They're wayyyyy too small.
What else would you call them? They have panties underneath.

Risara said:
Are there even school uniforms that doesn't use a skirt?
There aren't many in Asia. There was a school in the West which worded the dress code as "all students must wear either pants or a skirt which extends below the student's fingertips" to avoid sexist remarks about girls not being allowed to wear pants. This also meant that guys are allowed to wear skirts to that school.
Mar 6, 2016 8:27 AM

Sep 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
ItsMaz said:

How are they shorts lol? They're wayyyyy too small.
What else would you call them? They have panties underneath.

I don't know because I'm not exactly overly familiar with all the different specific garment names, but they look far too tiny to be shorts.

Edit - a quick google search says that they would be called 'boyshorts'. That's what they seem to look like judging from that picture. Boyshorts apparently are a type of underwear that women can wear, but they can also be worn as outerwear for things like sports.
Well, the more you know.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Mar 6, 2016 8:28 AM

May 2015
Kuma said:
what? skirts is part of asian culture and almost every school uniform in asia (especialy mongolian area) is using skirts.

This. It'd be weird if they didn't have skirts. It's like not using honorifics.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Mar 6, 2016 8:34 AM

Apr 2015
I just scoured my list and apart from Horizon there was none

I don't watch a huge lot mind you
Mar 6, 2016 8:49 AM
Jan 2015
Well in Mahouka, the female students wear gowns
My Queens

Mar 6, 2016 8:51 AM

Apr 2013
zombie_pegasus said:

I haven't seen any other examples of this. Female sports anime like Ro Kyu Bu and Taisho Baseball Girls tend to have girls in shorts. Also, in Taisho Baseball Girls half of the main characters wear kimino instead of sailor uniforms.

rather than short,s they look like some kind of panties disguised as shorts lol...

edit : ah right, horizon has no skirt either (although they were something that is reminiscent of it on the side).
Still, I wouldn't call that "safer" (although while visually it isn't, it's atually supposed to be far safer due to the technology used, so well~)
ZefyrisMar 6, 2016 8:54 AM
Mar 6, 2016 8:54 AM

Apr 2011
Zefyris said:
zombie_pegasus said:

rather than short, they look like some kind of extended panties lol...
edit : ah right, horizon has no skirt either (although they wer something that is reminiscent of it on the side).
Still, I wouldn't call that "safer" (although while visually it isn't, it's atually supposed to be far safer due to the technology used, so well~)

They're short shorts... or hotpants.
Mar 6, 2016 8:57 AM

Oct 2014
In archery girls wear a type of pants called "hakama", although these will often just look like long skirts.
Mar 6, 2016 8:58 AM

Nov 2015
Dude.
90% of all school uniforms across the whole world have skirts for girls..
It's only rational to conclude that it's the same case for Japan.
Mar 6, 2016 8:59 AM

Apr 2013
yhunata said:
Zefyris said:

rather than short, they look like some kind of extended panties lol...
edit : ah right, horizon has no skirt either (although they wer something that is reminiscent of it on the side).

No matter how you call them, they don't especially cover more skin than underwear. So I don't think you could say it's "safer" than wearing a skirt, right... And it sure doesn't look like a logical choice for a school uniform, either xD
Mar 6, 2016 8:59 AM

Jun 2015
Pretty much. All girls have to wear skirts unless a specific reason arises, like a prosthetic leg.

Also, a good majority of reall life Japanese girls wear spandex or shorts under their skirts. None of them actually expose their panties wide in the open like most anime girls do.
Mar 6, 2016 9:00 AM

Mar 2015
-Mahesvara said:
Well in Mahouka, the female students wear gowns
TBH, to this day, i still wondering how they wear that clothes. i don't remeber there is button on their clothes either.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Oct 2014
GesuYarou said:
Dude.
90% of all school uniforms across the whole world have skirts for girls..
It's only rational to conclude that it's the same case for Japan.
In Asia it's very close to 100% so it's also rational to conclude that elsewhere a much lower percentage use skirts for girls' uniforms.

Apr 2011
Zefyris said:
yhunata said:

No matter how you call them, they don't especially cover more skin than underwear. So I don't think you could say it's "safer" than wearing a skirt, right... And it sure doesn't look like a logical choice for a school uniform, either xD

If you do a quick google search for short shorts, you'll see that Vividred Operation actually covers more than in real life.
Mar 6, 2016 9:03 AM

Apr 2015
Over here girls have an inner skirt attached to their skirt to protect their... panties I suppose

Wonder if it's the same across the strait
Mar 6, 2016 9:03 AM

Oct 2014
In Yuru Yuri they wear dresses. Not too much different, but it's not a skirt.
Mar 6, 2016 9:06 AM

Dec 2015
As everyone else said, about 99% of Japanese students in real life wear skirts as a uniform.

But damn I wish I had some of those cute ass outfits back when I was in high school. I've always wanted to wear a uniform so I didn't have to buy clothes for school all the time.
Banner credit to @turnip
Mar 6, 2016 9:08 AM

Dec 2015
DeathBorne said:
They also have their PE Uniforms which looks like an underwear.
Pics or it didnt happen m8. Hehehehh
Mar 6, 2016 9:09 AM

Apr 2011
Robiiii said:
DeathBorne said:

What, never seen a bloomer before?.
Mar 6, 2016 9:11 AM

Oct 2014
KonaKoffee4 said:
As everyone else said, about 99% of Japanese students in real life wear skirts as a uniform.

But damn I wish I had some of those cute ass outfits back when I was in high school. I've always wanted to wear a uniform so I didn't have to buy clothes for school all the time.
I agree with this. In high school anywhere between 5-15% of the girls wore skirts. I basically considered skirts as something I would see in anime but rarely see in real life. Even when girls did wear skirts they weren't as cute as the ones in anime/Japan.
Mar 6, 2016 9:14 AM

Oct 2014
Robiiii said:
DeathBorne said:

Not only did this used to be standard but there are even still a few schools in Japan that still use it.
Mar 6, 2016 9:15 AM

Dec 2015
yhunata said:
Robiiii said:

Dafuq? Who would wear that sht at school lol
Mar 6, 2016 9:17 AM

Sep 2015
Robiiii said:
yhunata said:

I bet you don't watch much SOL animes
Mar 6, 2016 9:20 AM

Dec 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
Robiiii said:

Not only did this used to be standard but there are even still a few schools in Japan that still use it.

That looks like something only sports more than anything. But if u say so :p

DeathBorne said:
Robiiii said:

I bet you don't watch much SOL animes

Im getting there :)
Mar 6, 2016 9:23 AM

Nov 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
Robiiii said:

Dude, that is really fucking revealing. No wonder Japanese phys ed teachers are perverts.
Is this still a thing?
Mar 6, 2016 9:27 AM

Apr 2013
Robiiii said:
zombie_pegasus said:

That looks like something only sports more than anything. But if u say so :p

it was used (and is still sometimes used afaik) exclusively as a sport uniform indeed. They aren't going to go take class in this, obviously.

yhunata said:
Zefyris said:

If you do a quick google search for short shorts, you'll see that Vividred Operation actually covers more than in real life.

The problem is, that's not the kind of thing you would impose as a school uniform. I know how short it can be. I mean women in France aren't especially the prude type when it comes to clothing. Although teachers would definitely NOT accept such clothes for one of their students. Simply, if a woman want to go out in something covering nothing more than what a underwear covers and call it something else than underwear, it's her problem (on a side note, if a guy was to wear something that revealing, pretty sure he would be arrested, but whatever). That's no longer the case when you impose it. I always found the bloomers were out of place btw, but at least that was for sport only.
Mar 6, 2016 9:27 AM

Apr 2015
GesuYarou said:
zombie_pegasus said:

Dude, that is really fucking revealing. No wonder Japanese phys ed teachers are perverts.
Is this still a thing?

I heard no. They normally use normal training pants, long ones and short ones
Mar 6, 2016 9:28 AM

Oct 2014
GesuYarou said:
zombie_pegasus said:

Is this still a thing?
Although it was banned in most Japanese schools it was not made illegal. It has become quite rare, but there are still schools which use it as their official PE uniform.
Mar 6, 2016 9:29 AM

Apr 2011
Zefyris said:
yhunata said:

The problem is, that's not the kind of thing you would impose as a school uniform. I know how short it can be. I mean women in France aren't especially the prude type when it comes to clothing. Although teachers would definitely NOT accept such clothes for one of their students. Simply, if a woman want to go out in something covering nothing more than what a underwear covers and call it something else than underwear, it's her problem (on a side note, if a guy was to wear something that revealing, pretty sure he would be arrested, but whatever). That's no longer the case when you impose it. I always found the bloomers were out of place btw, but at least that was for sport only.

Uhhh.... dude, what're you going on about? I just told you what those type of shorts were called.
Mar 6, 2016 9:31 AM

Apr 2013
yhunata said:
Zefyris said:

Uhhh.... dude, what're you going on about? I just told you what those type of shorts were called.

Yes, but my point wasn't the name, but how much they cover : I always think it's stupid to call them "shorts"and say they're okay while they don't cover more than an underwear. I wasn't really saying that they're not called "shorts". Just that I don't consider them as shorts :).
Mar 6, 2016 9:34 AM

Oct 2015
zombie_pegasus said:

That's the most insane school uniform I've ever seen - does this happen in real life?
Mar 6, 2016 9:35 AM

Oct 2014

You know if you're making skirts too short when girls have to wear shorts underneath them to feel secure. However, it was actually one of the girls with the longer skirts who had her panties exposed. For an action anime the plot seemed to have a lot to do with clothing.
Mar 6, 2016 9:37 AM
Mar 2015
I am an Indian,so basically an asian and during my school times every school had skirts as uniform.Atleast the CBSE ones.But in India they dont wear short skirts.Knee length skirts are compulsory.
Mar 6, 2016 9:38 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Why would you not want her to wear a skirt???
Mar 6, 2016 9:39 AM

Oct 2015
zombie_pegasus said:

You know if you're making skirts too short when girls have to wear shorts underneath them to feel secure. However, it was actually one of the girls with the longer skirts who had her panties exposed. For an action anime the plot seemed to have a lot to do with clothing.
A short skirt length isn't actually enforced in any school. If anything, they have a minimum length to which 99% of girls in anime pay no regard. Basically, they can buy a longer skirt if they want to. Why someone would buy a short skirt+shorts, I have no idea - maybe a fashion statement?
Mar 6, 2016 9:41 AM

Nov 2008
zombie_pegasus said:

The school uniforms in RKB are skirts as well, when they train, it's shorts though.

Mar 6, 2016 9:42 AM

Dec 2015
I guess spandex will do and Idk, I don't have a problem with it, but something tells me if the char I'm making were to become animated, people would be doing pantie shots plus, I would like something different than the usual skirt(s).

Mar 6, 2016 10:13 AM

Oct 2014
Hoppy said:
zombie_pegasus said:

The school uniforms in RKB are skirts as well, when they train, it's shorts though.
I said "female sports anime tend to have girls in shorts". In Ro Kyu Bu you see girls in shorts because the anime is focused on them playing sports rather than attending class.

Appilesh said:
zombie_pegasus said:

A short skirt length isn't actually enforced in any school. If anything, they have a minimum length to which 99% of girls in anime pay no regard. Basically, they can buy a longer skirt if they want to. Why someone would buy a short skirt+shorts, I have no idea - maybe a fashion statement?
I've never heard of being allowed to break the school uniform. In Saki there are different lengths of skirts available for the uniform, but I haven't seen that in any other anime. It actually seems that the skirt length in Saki is based on their age, but I can't confirm this. In Japan is it common for the school uniform skirt to be available in various lengths?

Most anime is made in Tokyo which has the shortest skirts in Japan. There are anime that have skirts that would even be considered "too short" by Tokyo standards.
Mar 6, 2016 10:14 AM
Jan 2015
SkyHora said:
I guess spandex will do and Idk, I don't have a problem with it, but something tells me if the char I'm making were to become animated, people would be doing pantie shots plus, I would like something different than the usual skirt(s).

-MahesvaraMar 6, 2016 10:28 AM
My Queens

Mar 6, 2016 10:26 AM

Jul 2013
Watch Wandering Son. You'll find what you're looking for.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Mar 6, 2016 11:00 AM

Dec 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
Robiiii said:

Aw these look cute.
I'd wear these, but it looks weird with the shirt for some reason.

Let's do this America, yaasss
Banner credit to @turnip
Mar 6, 2016 11:08 AM

Jul 2015

One of the few exceptions in school anime...

Mar 6, 2016 11:14 AM

Apr 2015
@SkyHora Your best options are;

• Make the school uniform skirt long (e.g. already posted)
  • Make them a Reverse trap character
  • Dont use school unform. Just keep them in street clothes
Mkim said:
I only beat off to 180 year old woman,
that's like 10 times legal age so I'm 10 times a good citizen who's not going to jail.
Kyubey said:
◕ ‿‿ ◕ do you want to be a mahou shoujo?
Mar 6, 2016 11:26 AM

Aug 2014
Yes, because skirts are hot okayyy.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Mar 7, 2016 9:24 PM

Jul 2015
If you ever visited or lived in Japan which one would be better for visiting...
Mar 7, 2016 9:27 PM

Sep 2015
Tokyo usually for turism but Osaka would be better for a long stay I think. It's just so crowded in Tokyo.

I would love to visit both though
Mar 7, 2016 9:37 PM

Nov 2012
I visited Tokyo in December and if you love anime, manga etc, you absolutely have to visit Akihabara, it's like anime fan heaven. So many of the shops are hidden. It's a paradise.

"Don't know where I am, what's in this room."
"Whoops, 18+ visual novel paradise found"

Mar 7, 2016 9:43 PM

Nov 2014
There is nothing good that comes of visiting Japan.
Don't get turned into a weeaboo.

Pages (198) « First ... « 132 133 [134] 135 136 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Yesterday

25 by Rhaelynne »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Yesterday

21 by _Nette_ »»
25 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

43 by LordSozin »»
1 hour ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

31 by Kushna »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Worst social media

IpreferEcchi - Mar 19

28 by hypergoob »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.