Discuss tv shows you are currently watching or plan to watch

New
Pages (34) « First ... « 31 32 [33] 34 »
Nov 24, 2017 2:22 PM

Dec 2012
traed said:
Dillan- said:
mr robot s3 ep7

it was a good ep in showing the aftermath. a lot of characters were breaking down and the acting was pretty good.

I wonder how long before Elliot actually steps up and does something about what is going on and have him and Mr Robot actually acomplish something.

He can't or rather they both can't, that's the point.

I'm sure eventually Eliot will get a grip and have a bigger effect on WR, but I doubt it will be in this season.
Nov 24, 2017 6:09 PM

Mar 2008
@Dillan-
That and fsociety didn't think things through enough to

They haven't exactly explained if E Corp is just a major corporation or if it's supposed to be a corporation that owns all corporations in the US.

I noticed a possible parallel that may have been a foreshadowing of what went on.

I think Dom might eventually get fired

Side note: I find it hillariously ironic the show has a partnership with Amazon Echo. The Amazon Echo is relatively easy to hack and use as a listening device. It does have a switch to turn off the microphone I heard at least though but I'm not sure if it's an actual physical disconect or a software one. Also Amazon recently set up a part of their cloud service for government storage of top secret data which is bound to wind up hacked eventually.

@tsudecimo
When you tell someone
Nov 24, 2017 6:19 PM

Nov 2008
I've watched six episodes of Westworld now and I don't find it amazing. The Nolan brothers are overrated.

Dec 5, 2017 2:55 AM
Jul 2017
Kamen rider build

Every episode is great so far, the 12th episode aired two days ago and it is one amazing episode. The build up of a character becoming a secondaryl rider was great. The problem with it is it is very fast paced and needs to slow down,some of the emotional scenes are rushed.

I am planning to watch Mr robot or breaking bad.
Dec 5, 2017 4:41 PM

Sep 2012
The Punisher (ep 1-2)

The hammer action scene was pretty good but overall I find Franks Castle's character not interesting to be the focus of an entire series.
Dec 7, 2017 7:27 AM

Jan 2015
Game of thrones season 7

Im almost forgot about this one. Definitely live up the previous seasons "super convenient" writing. At least the spectacles still enjoyable and fan pandering at it best, character-wise, dragon-wise

7/10
karambiaDec 7, 2017 7:34 AM

la critique de l'intention pure
Dec 13, 2017 8:46 AM

Jan 2015
Keyakitte Kakenai (2015 - )

i found this randomly on youtube and seems cant get enough of it xD oh my shitlife - i m noteven keyakizaka fan and idol music in general the heck

zakuuru is the best!

Dec 13, 2017 2:01 PM

Oct 2017
Watching Power currently, awesome series and underrated as hell. Its very entertaining, doesn't try to be pretentious/deep like so many shows these days (they are fine but it just gets old) and has really fun characters.

Dec 13, 2017 4:16 PM

Jul 2017
Okay so I finished The Originals Season 4 not too long ago (less than a week ago or about a week ago). The ending was so sad. All the feels.

Crying doesn't mean you're weak.
Enduring doesn't mean you're strong.
Dec 13, 2017 11:41 PM

Sep 2012
Mr Robot S3 finale

A Pretty thrilling beginning, I actually end up enjoying Irving's character. It did a good job of tying up characters arcs up and added a couple of small twists in the second half.

The reveal that
was nice and it led to some bright character moments in an otherwise dark show. The setup of a unified Elliot versus the "elite" for next season gave him a hero vibe and made me want more.

I remember when Elliot was talking to his psychologist and it was noted that she didn't remember him telling her about the window incident either. My first thought went to "What if this Elliot is from another timeline?" And then I realized that was stupid. I liked how Price referred to Whiterose as delusional, though it would be interesting if this show became more sci fi-y though.

The post credit scene was pretty weird, apparently its the drug dealer from S1
Dec 15, 2017 12:05 AM

Dec 2011
Just finished S1 of Stargate Atlantis. So far nothing short of a monumental disappointment, everything SG-1 did right Atlantis does wrong; everything about it feels very half-assed and uninspired across the board, from the trite and predictable story that simply goes through the motions to the one-dimensional AT BEST characters. Speaking of which, why is Teyla even there? She did absolutely nothing for the entire season. Compare with Teal'c from SG-1, whose actions made sense and his desire to help the heroes and liberate his people was one of the main driving forces of the show, Teyla on the other hand has no real reason for being there at all and for all intents and purposes may as well be just another nameless grunt. Oh and the villains are literally just aliens that eat people, it may sound like i'm oversimplifying but I'm not, that's seriously the best the writers could come up with. I'm hoping that it will improve it later seasons but so far colour me unimpressed.

Halfway through S2 of Breaking Bad. Very uneven show overall, they really needed to spend more time on the selling drugs part of the show and less on the mind-numbing family melodrama. Also I don't get the hype for Walt, he just seems like an idiot who keeps putting himself and his family in danger just so he can stroke his ego, and never seems to learn from his mistakes.
Dec 20, 2017 10:11 PM

Sep 2012
Dark Season 1

A pretty solid time traveling storyline with a good balance of mystery and drama. It had a really good soundtrack and I liked the cinematography. The ending was a bit predictable but at the same time it left me with wanting more.
Dec 23, 2017 6:56 AM

Sep 2012
The Punisher E8

so theres psychopath ezio who makes a decent antagonist, it helps that he has a bro man ship with frank, even if he was concealing the deeper trackings of his personality.

i had basically dropped this on ep 2 but what saved it so far has been the curly haired guy and franks chemistry. I like it how he's constantly stalking his family.

theres this ex soldier that seems rather seperate from the story besides following along the same themes. Its not bad persay but feels like pretty seperate, though im sure he will pop up in the main plot somehow.

prolly the best tv series to come out of marvel in recent times, in fact its the only one i've been into besides dare devil.
Dec 23, 2017 7:11 AM
Nov 2017
Between Stranger Things S2 and The Orville at the moment. Looking into that show Happy! with Christopher Meloni..
Dec 28, 2017 3:05 AM
Dec 2017
It may look weird but I haven't watched a single episode of "Game of Thrones" yet. In 2018 I will be watching it from the very first Episode, I believe it would be so interesting.
Keep Going...
Jan 2, 2018 10:50 PM

Sep 2012
The Punisher S1

It started slow but as it got into the meat of the story between Military officials abusing there power and Frank and friends hunting them down it pulled me in. Billy made for a good villain and was a good contrast to Wolf, noting that they are a similar type of unrelenting monster but Russo is a full on sociopath, whereas Frank has a moral code and desperately wanted to be a family man, they could have used less flash backs but I get that's how PTSD works.

The gun/knife fight scene in the last episode was well directed and tense, and probably my favourite scene of the series. The Punisher is a good Dare Devil substitute, which I feel had been tainted by The Defenders overall lacking plot.

7/10
Jan 5, 2018 9:50 AM

Jan 2015
Mr. Nietzsche in the Convenience Store (2016)

damn, this burst laughter midnight show is hilarious xD , that one technically doesnt need for read the like thus spoke zarathustra to begin with as reference. think the material and setting really suit comedic oriented director yuichi fukuda - well he is not much visual stylist nor big budget type of

also i must say that jiro sato is truly underrated comic genius. his trademark for absurd, improvised "non stop" monologue was precious that even led other actors candid-ly lose their character - i mean why should they cut out these priceless moments? xD
karambiaJan 5, 2018 10:11 AM

Jan 5, 2018 10:18 AM
Nov 2017
Not much TV I really watch anymore. I'll keep the Wrestling to the wrestling thread, GoT isn't coming back this year, I'm pretty much waiting for the end of Adventure Time (so sad) and waiting for the Stranded Special of Steven Universe tonight.

I do enjoy The Orville though. I'm backlogged at Ep.6 so I have some watching to do.
Jan 5, 2018 4:11 PM
Jul 2018
I finished the 4th season of Black Mirror. Black Museum was the best episode.

Still catching up on Orange is the New Black and The Walking Dead.

Maybe I'll continue with Game of Thrones.
Jan 14, 2018 8:45 PM

Dec 2011
Finally finished Stargate Atlantis. While things certainly started improving in season 5 by then it's too little too late, not to mention they killed off by far the most likable character then just brought him back in the cheapest way possible. Overall mediocre show, and well below the standard set by SG-1. Hopefully Universe won't disappoint as much.

Final rating: 5/10
Jan 14, 2018 9:27 PM

Aug 2013
Watching season 2 of Daredevil. Season 2 has been good although I liked season 1 better because of King Pin. After finishing Daredevil I'm going to start Luke Cage.
Jan 14, 2018 11:09 PM
Nov 2017
I just started season 4 of Peaky Blinders and although I'm only on episode 2, I've already had to stand up out of my seat and start pacing. Show gets my damn blood pumping.
Feb 16, 2018 12:44 AM

Sep 2012
The Magicians S3 Episode 1 - 6

I like the callbacks to the books and how the characters are handling a world without magic. It could have handled some of the emotional moments better but still remains pretty entertaining.
Feb 22, 2018 1:02 PM

Jul 2015
Currently on the 4th season on Bates Motel and nearly done with the second season of Hell on Wheels.
Apr 5, 2018 7:57 PM

Sep 2012
A Series of Unfortunate Events S2

Very marathon-able. I really like the way everything looks in this show. Sometime Olaf's musical segments go on for a bit too long but it still manages to capture the nostalgic feeling from my childhood, it was one of those book series were I would always check the bookstore to see if there was a new release in the series. Also I thought it was playing it a bit too hard with the netflix advertising in the scene where Olaf is in the hospital watching the security camera's and gives a meta comment about how there's nothing ever interesting on television.

Magcians S3 season finale

A lot of twists and character motivations came to light. I like the nods this season gives to the original books. This season did a better job of fleshing out the side characters, to a point where I don't think there was a singular main character this season. Given the way things ended, their better be a season four.
mc093Apr 5, 2018 8:08 PM
Apr 6, 2018 2:04 AM
Nov 2017
Currently waiting on Mr robot season 3 and season 8 of game of thrones. I've heard good things about Stranger Things, but I'm not all that into horror.
Apr 7, 2018 7:12 AM
Jul 2018
Currently watching the first season of Hannibal and am already totally obsessed with it! Mads Mikkelsen is just, WOW!!! ^^ <3
Apr 22, 2019 2:19 AM

Sep 2012
bit of a bump here

magicians s4 e13

the ending caught me off guard and gave me the feels

tbh i think this would have been a good place to end it but i read that there continuing with a season five which is a shame unless they end up doing something really cool with it.
Apr 22, 2019 4:16 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Game of Thrones of course
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 23, 2019 9:43 PM

Sep 2013
GoTs s8 e2 - better than the first ep. jaime's such a good lad, the brienne knight scene was nice and i liked seeing theon and sansas reunion.
Apr 26, 2019 7:20 AM
Feb 2016
I finished Umbrella Academy last week ago. Was definitely worth the watch imo, Klaus is <3

Now I've been watching What We Do In The Shadows (TV). It's pretty much just like the movie if it was a TV show, which means its still pretty funny and quirky.

Apr 28, 2019 10:41 AM

Nov 2013
i started watching the rain with a few friends on netflix. it's a danish tv show about a post apocalyptic world where the rain kills people.

the first 15 mins of episode one is so fucking bad that i would have dropped it right there and then if my friend who has already seen it didn't tell me to grit my teeth and fight through it as most acknowledge its awful.

once you get through those 15 minutes, the series really picks up and gets to be a fun watch. i've only seen four episodes so far. the show does require some suspension of disbelief but thus far it's miles better than black summer, which i finished recently. i hated nearly every single episode of that wish a passion but was determined to finish it before it finished me.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
May 5, 2019 11:11 PM

Sep 2013
GoTs s8 ep4 - it was okay.
breeze-May 5, 2019 11:45 PM
Jun 15, 2019 1:11 PM

Jul 2014
I plan to finally watch Outlander S4

Jun 15, 2019 5:19 PM
Jul 2018
Trying to finish all of the Black Mirror episodes that are out. It's a pretty good series. Nothing great but nothing bad either. Mostly good and occasionally mediocre.
Jun 15, 2019 6:01 PM

Jul 2016
Can someone tell me if the Ashita no Joe Anime is actually good? Is the manga better? Aside from that, I am planning on watching the original FMA as my next show.
Jun 16, 2019 1:08 PM

Jul 2009
I'm planning to watch Chernobyl after my finals are done. I haven't touched a TV series ever since finishing Breaking Bad years ago, but my friends were highly recommending me it to me. Being only five episodes is another great incentive to watch it.

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot about finishing Game of Thrones recently. I guess it was just so disappointing I couldn't care less about it.

Optigisa said:
Can someone tell me if the Ashita no Joe Anime is actually good? Is the manga better? Aside from that, I am planning on watching the original FMA as my next show.

I've watched the series and read the manga. They're both great, but I prefer watching it since seeing the fights animated made a big difference for me. Some of the most intense matches truly shine in the anime imo.
SkittlesJun 16, 2019 7:54 PM
Jun 16, 2019 4:11 PM

Jul 2016
Skittles said:
I'm planning to watch Chernobyl after my finals are done. I haven't touched a TV series ever since finishing Breaking Bad years ago, but my friends were highly recommending me it to me. Being only five episodes is another great incentive to watch it.

Optigisa said:

I've watched the series and read the manga. They're both great, but I prefer watching it since seeing the fights animated made a big difference for me. Some of the most intense matches truly shine in the anime imo.

Woah! It's Skittles! Doesn't it being made in the 70's affect the animation though?
Jun 16, 2019 6:20 PM

Jun 2019
For live action stuff, planning to watch the Deadwood television movie that premiered on HBO recently. Hopefully sometime soon, but date TBD because I want to rewatch the series first to prepare a proper lead-up to it. It's three seasons and I've watched it twice in its entirety, but the last time was easily over ten years ago, so a rewatch is called for.

When? As I said, TBD, but I will probably want to get through a few more animes first.
Jun 16, 2019 6:41 PM

Jul 2009
@Optigisa The visuals are a bit dated since the anime was made like 40 years ago, but I think it should be fine seeing that you have older stuff like Perfect Blue and Berserk in your favorites. Plus, it's actually one of the best animated shows of the '70s.

In comparison, I thought the manga's artstyle was a bit too old for my liking. I might not have finished it if I didn't watch the anime first.
Jun 16, 2019 7:33 PM
Feb 2017
Skittles said:
I'm planning to watch Chernobyl after my finals are done.

I've been going through a nuclear apocalypse phase with movies recently and then this miniseries dropped. I've been recommending Chernobyl to just about everyone since I've finished it. Really heavy stuff with class actors and very interesting, it's definitely worth a watch.
Jun 17, 2019 1:43 PM

Jul 2016
Skittles said:
@Optigisa The visuals are a bit dated since the anime was made like 40 years ago, but I think it should be fine seeing that you have older stuff like Perfect Blue and Berserk in your favorites. Plus, it's actually one of the best animated shows of the '70s.

In comparison, I thought the manga's artstyle was a bit too old for my liking. I might not have finished it if I didn't watch the anime first.

Oh okay. Thanks for the response. I will check it out once I finish FMA.
Jun 17, 2019 6:12 PM

Oct 2018
Currently watching

- American Horror Story - Hotel (Season 5)
Wow... this one has so much blood and sex, crazy shit.

I'm planning to watch

- Fear the Walking Dead- The latest Season 5
- NOS4A2
- Castle Rock
- The Haunting of Hill House

Basically all horror shows xD

Jun 19, 2019 9:51 AM

Nov 2013
My Name is Earl and Raising Hope have been my go toos for the last couple months. Then there's always The Office of course.
Jun 19, 2019 11:16 AM

Jun 2019
Miku91 said:
Currently watching

- American Horror Story - Hotel (Season 5)
Wow... this one has so much blood and sex, crazy shit.

I'm planning to watch

- Fear the Walking Dead- The latest Season 5
- NOS4A2
- Castle Rock
- The Haunting of Hill House

Basically all horror shows xD

You should watch Showtime's Masters of Horror that ran from 2005 to 2007. It's an anthology show in the style of classics like The Twilight Zone and Tales from the Crypt and are basically all standalone miniature movies from different horror directors.
Jun 19, 2019 10:43 PM

Dec 2014
Catching up on the last few seasons of Supernatural at the moment, I've just finished season 13 I believe. I'm watching Suits on the odd occasion as well. Also waiting for the next season of The Walking Dead to come out.

So many of my friends recommend American Horror Story so I'll have to give that a go at some point.
Jun 20, 2019 3:39 AM

Oct 2018
@WatchTillTandava

Hey that's a great recommendation you wrote, I saw John Carpenter's Cigarette Burns and it's one of my favorites!
Masterpiece.
Mila91Jun 20, 2019 4:19 AM

Jun 21, 2019 5:59 PM
Jul 2018
I'm almost done with Kamen Rider Fourze. It has been pretty awesome so far. Would recommend to anyone. I hope they clear up some questions I have in mind...
Jun 21, 2019 8:19 PM

Dec 2018
Chernobyl, dark, unsettling, cleverly-written, ominous and distressing with immersive cinematography and good narration. I think it's a great serious that deserve proper praise, but surpassing everything in both IMDb and Letterboxd is just absurd.
. . .
Jun 30, 2019 7:44 AM

Oct 2018
Im looking forward to
The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

Pages (34) « First ... « 31 32 [33] 34 »

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7586 by juanlqr »»
1 hour ago

» hardcore/skramz/emo/metalcore/post-hardcore/post-metal/blackened/crust

bloodecho - Feb 14

31 by Mattenan »»
7 hours ago

» Anime songs in your playlist

bevarnow - Mar 11

3 by Theo1899 »»
8 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3384 by NiaAlexandria »»
9 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

11 by Toooooooooohru »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.