Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Nov 23, 2013 12:10 AM

Jun 2007
Beaver897 said:
Beaver897 said:
Wow, Banri's so frigging disrespectful to even his best friend - what a bitch he is. I really wonder why Linda has still stuck with him, especially considering how she's the one who works her ass off to explain herself and fix her mistakes to him, while he does fuck all and only complicates the situation further.

lovelydeath said:
Wait what? I'm confused. How so.

I think there's so much more to this. I know people are on the fence about whether linda loves him, or whatever, but to be honest put yourself in his shoes. You hit your head, you can't remember anything all this crazy shit is going on, you really don't know what to make of it or what direction to go in. You are torn in two different directions. The person you were, and the person you think you are now. If anything I really hope kouko isnt pretending. That would be the most atrocious act known to man to fool such a vulnerable person.

I'm talking about the flashback, when Banri still hasn't lost any of his memories yet.

He didn't let his best friend explain herself, no matter how much she's tried, right until the point where she forced herself to wait for him in the rain. She was trying to explain it to him, actively seeking him out, but he only pushes her away and continuously runs away from her, making even herself miserable. And he didn't even say sorry for making her do what she did. It's only those small character interactions that's needed to make everything better, just like how it is in real life, but they just skip over those small details.

And the worst part is that he just cares about how miserable he, himself feels, and not her. If he did care about her, he wouldn't have run away from her, no matter how bitter he might think he'll feel afterward. Besides, that's how much your best friend should be worth to you, right?

And guess what, he did it again to her right after he lost his memories as well. And guess what, Linda's the one who continues to fix everything up between them. If Linda didn't try to make it up to him, do you think he would've tried to make things better?

This is a very common and generic situation that always happens in romantic dramas. There's always this misunderstanding that always turns shittier than it would normally have turned out if the MC didn't run away like a bitch and caused everyone else to feel as miserable as he did, and it wasn't even reasonable to run away like that from your best friend. Golden Time isn't any different to that, but I keep watching the show because of how respectful Linda's character is for putting up with all this crap she gets.

Nah, I wouldn't look at it that way because in my perspective in high school its the time of exploration and youth. Note: that in highschool you're trying out new relationships. To my knowledge both of these characters, Banri or Linda have noy experienced any forms of relationships as they were always "stuck together". So to speak, both of them trying to deal with these misunderstandings is quite known that they were inexperienced. Heck, if i was Banri in high school and a girl did that I'd probably run away too. It seems quite natural for a high school kid to run away having to deal with stressful situation's you're not used to. Furthermore, please note they weren't "bestfriends" but rather inbetween lovers and best friends so to speak. so reacting like this isn't so bad as its hard to react to a first time situation, no? Anyways, at the end if you take his other flash back and add them together, he actually finally realizes that he loves her hence that confession at the end of graduation.

Another thing, it seems that this episode actually tells us a lot about Linda and Banri's personality wise and how they deal with stressful, dramatic situations. How they both dealt with it is fine but both of them were indecisive and didn't know how to react really shows you how they "hide or lie" their true feelings. Especially if we look at the part about the "I actually feel its the opposite" and Banri saying "No I don't really like you either" really shows something eh.

It really makes me cringe my teeth because knowing this information, yeah, maybe they could've had a better life together if the accident didn't happen. I really hope things turn out better later! I'm going to start having some tears soon LOL. HOWEVER, that beings said I still also like the fact that Kouko and Banri are together.

Side note guys: That "No" at the end is obviously a lie to her feelings. We can clearly tell by the way its animated "hiding eyes" is the same as when you look someone in the eye you can see the truth. Metaphorically here you can't see her eyes, something must be wrong. Another evidence is again, the flashback where they both rejected each other. Its clearly a misunderstanding. Both parties are just not willing to say it so they won't make the situation messier.
GIlgameshxIshtarNov 23, 2013 12:13 AM
Live your life of freedom
Live it to the fullist~
Nov 23, 2013 12:19 AM

Aug 2012
Banri's act was impressive and funny. Kouko was annoying me the whole episode though.

I want a Banri X Linda ending!
Nov 23, 2013 12:27 AM
Aug 2012
WOW, Linda and Banri are a perfect match! YES 24 episodes! i love this series. LINDA <3
Nov 23, 2013 1:09 AM
Apr 2012
Pretty good episode. Man that bromance scene! Linda or Koko hmmm...
Will Ghost Banri decide? And I have a feeling Linda lied about saying no, I could be wrong.
Looking forward to next episode!
Nov 23, 2013 1:10 AM
May 2013
julyan04 said:
Banri's act was impressive and funny. Kouko was annoying me the whole episode though.

Kouko was annoying you. and you want banri x linda ending. Though eventually the Ending is BanriXKouko
why are you still watching this series?
are you masochist?
legovolfNov 23, 2013 1:14 AM
Nov 23, 2013 1:19 AM

Aug 2012
klonengan said:
julyan04 said:

Kouko was annoying you. and you want banri x linda ending. Though eventually the Ending is BanriXKouko
why are you still watching this series?
are you masochist?

Kouko annoying me this whole episosde doesn't mean I really hate her ever since; in these past episode only. Okay, that's just to clear things out.. Now, time to ask some questions.

If I don't like a character in a show, and persisted on watching it, does it qualify me to be a masochist? For example, I hate a totally annoying villain in a show, should I stop watching it and not look forward for his defeat? Yeah yeah, he was the antagonist, but in this case, Kouko is a protagonist, so my argument is invalid? I don't think so.

Everyone knows and it's painfully obvious that Kouko will get the happy ending (I have not read the LN, so please don't confirm this), but is wishing that Linda should get Banri in the end qualifies me to stop watching the show?
julyanNov 23, 2013 1:33 AM
Nov 23, 2013 1:33 AM

May 2012
kouko still funny but starts to annoy me..
Saying 'no' sure hurts her, much more when banry suddenly said he wants to go back..
I want to end it with linda but that would be impossible,.

VanishingKira said:

Banri wants to going back to what things were like before.Not sure but did the spirit Banri posses our Banri,when he said that,cause it seemed that way to me?
yeah, i think hes already possesed when he took a deep breath then smile(probably he knows shes lying)and then said Linda- senpai.
Dark_MessiahNov 23, 2013 1:52 AM

Nov 23, 2013 2:14 AM

Oct 2009
2D-kun is the best character XD
I am starting to dislike Kouko more and more... :/
Nov 23, 2013 2:50 AM

Apr 2009
All you guys seriously need to stop hating on my waifu Kouko.
Nov 23, 2013 3:53 AM
Feb 2012
Ooh, I need more of this. This show is getting real good.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Nov 23, 2013 3:53 AM

Jan 2009
Them feels >9000
Nov 23, 2013 4:53 AM

Jun 2008
Kouko seems to have still some feelings for Yana...
And Linda and Banri will have their moment, though I am not really looking forward to that as I am all for Kouko x Banri, but I love drama so I will probably enjoy all of it.
This episode was really great! Still loving the ending so much!!!
Nov 23, 2013 7:07 AM

Feb 2010
This is nowhere near from your common Rom-Com. Definitely love this anime.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Nov 23, 2013 7:09 AM

Oct 2013
Gotta love 2D-kun.

That gay act between Mitsuo and Banri was so hilarious. Specially when Banri said "My boyfriend". That was some funny shit.

Kaga remains the same; a bitch. Though she's funny at time, I wish she quit acting so immature.

As each episode comes by, I can't help but to cheer for Linda more and more. They really belong together and is like the opposite of each other. The Yin of the Yang and vice-versa if you will. I really do hope they end up together in the end.
Nov 23, 2013 7:14 AM

Nov 2010
The memory story of ghost Banri was good, a classic denial
Sadly the animation seems to be not consistent compared to the rest or previously shown

The theme park was nice, the face noodle was very funny and had more of those moments
2D kun bears with the cornyness
Nov 23, 2013 8:34 AM
Jan 2013
Yeah and since Ghost Banri seems to be able to gain consciousness for at least a few seconds there gonna be some interesting situations in the upcoming episodes.

This episode was mainly to show the relationship between banri and kouko is working for more than a day, and I really hope Linda won't but in too much. But probably his past self is the biggest problem.
Nov 23, 2013 9:34 AM
Nov 2012
Ghost Banri should just die... oh wait
lol
Once again this episode made me laugh out loud with joy. I love this anime I want to preorder the bluray asap.
Nov 23, 2013 10:56 AM
Jul 2013
An entertaining and laughing episode.
Nov 23, 2013 12:11 PM

Nov 2012
lol XD that mitsuo and banri in the middle! XD
awesome episode..
idk... I really think banri should end up with linda.. but whats with that "answer" :/
Nov 23, 2013 12:16 PM

Jul 2010
I'm rooting for Banri x Koko.They're baka and sweet :) But she give up to be fake.Everyone say that I don't like her.But her deveploment will come soon..
Linda is the sweetest person in the show and I know she lied about that ''no''.
Lol @ Banri pretend to be Koko... ''Boy-fri-end''
Nov 23, 2013 12:17 PM
Feb 2013
Oh, you stupid Ghost Banri, don't ruin the Banri X Kouko arc.
Nov 23, 2013 1:13 PM

May 2013
i kind a like Linda more than Koko
that Gay moment :D
Nov 23, 2013 1:27 PM

Sep 2011
2D-kun, you're a bro!

Anyway, WTF? Is supernatural getting involve here? I hope that's his unconscious feelings.

Nov 23, 2013 1:43 PM

Nov 2013
xin09 said:

that Gay moment :D

I knooooow XD What a bro.
Nov 23, 2013 2:11 PM

Jul 2012
JPthugnificent said:
In this season, this anime became the one I look forward to the most!

great stuff

same here
Nov 23, 2013 3:05 PM
Jul 2013
Nov 23, 2013 6:07 PM

Jul 2013
LoL that "boyfriend" moment was priceless XD Things are starting to get complicated ... Cant wait for drama :D
Nov 23, 2013 7:16 PM

Nov 2011
I do wondering if he will ever retain his old memories and feelings?
I do like kaga but I still feel like his better off with Linda-senpai though who knows what will happen xD
Still no kiss between Banri and Kaga makes me go whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat XD
Nov 23, 2013 7:45 PM

Jan 2010
i like the 1st part of ep 8, tada new the truth, i can relate on what happen to him,

2d kun have a good role on that, i hope nana and 2d kun have a good romance, nana is the only girl i know that dont have any partner
Nov 23, 2013 10:47 PM

Nov 2010
Wow, Banri and Linda are so much better together. Kouko feels so fake. :|
Nov 24, 2013 3:11 AM

Jan 2009
I'm definitely rooting for kagaxbanri.
IMO Kouko Kaga comes off as a bitch, because she is too immature to actually tell people how she feels about them. Even if she does tell them, it is either subtle or extremely overstated (like in public with Banri). However I definitely think she will grow!
I see a lot of potential in the pairing and they definitely seem right together.

Furthermore I dread a return of the old Banri. From the few flashbacks we're had, the old Banri seems unstable, selfish, and excessively immature compared to the current/new one. The Banri, we know, helps out his friends and speaks his mind. He is a bit immature sometimes (e.g. the confrontation with Linda) but overall it's a whole lot better than what we're seen of the old Banri.

EDIT: I do not dislike Linda in any way (she is amazing) but I just like the Kouko Kaga pairing better.
Nov 24, 2013 4:52 AM
Jan 2013
hgeronimo said:

I disagree, Kouko seems to be the real deal, she is a weirdo but that makes thing much more interesting.
Nov 24, 2013 4:57 AM

Apr 2013
I hope we'll get more of the moments of him becoming his old self
Nov 24, 2013 5:06 AM

May 2009
hgeronimo said:

But it's opposite, she's fucking liar and main reason why old Banri was beta piece of shit.
Nov 24, 2013 5:23 AM

Jul 2010
Great episode.
Nov 24, 2013 5:27 AM

Jul 2011
bastek66 said:
hgeronimo said:

But it's opposite, she's fucking liar and main reason why old Banri was beta piece of shit.

Agree. Now we just have to wait to see the ghost Banri(his old memories) ruin everything.
Nov 24, 2013 7:08 AM

May 2011
Banri is a dick, Kouko is a bitch... the hell, 2D-kun should just get all the girls instead, since he seems the most worthy so far. :D
Nov 24, 2013 8:27 AM

Apr 2010
The BL jokes this episode where great and gave a nice comic relief to this episode, especially the moment when that senpai tried to get in Yana's house to make him dinner and doing other things she was planning...
Seems Chinami and Kaga set their differences aside for the time being, it's a question how long that will last tho.

I still think the relationship between Kaga and Banri seems fake, it's almost like Kaga is acting and she still is concerned for Yana to much.
My suspicion is that Linda was planing to say something else to Banri at the bridge but she doesn't want to make their current situation more complicated.
And it seems Banri's old personality was taking over at the end i wonder what will happen ones memories start coming to Banri about his past.
Nov 24, 2013 9:09 AM
Mar 2013
semi cool idea of using the ghost Banri to compartmentalize the Main Character affections, but let's hope the power of the ghost doesn't grow into what happened in Natsuyuki Rendezous.
Nov 24, 2013 9:28 AM

Jul 2011
joinedforFal said:
semi cool idea of using the ghost Banri to compartmentalize the Main Character affections, but let's hope the power of the ghost doesn't grow into what happened in Natsuyuki Rendezous.

But in this show the ghost symbolizes his old memories and nothing else (I hope!). However, as for now it is more faithful to the novel than the manga so I'm quite optimistic for the rest of the story because as you have said the ghost thing in Natsuyuki Rendezous has ruined the whole series.
Nov 24, 2013 10:01 AM
Mar 2013
@ainky, as an anime only viewer, so far they've protrayed Ghost Banri with some Point of views, even interal ramblings about current Banri, i take that to mean it will try to re-assert itself( representing memories) back into Current Banri because with the episode count to go there has to be some roadblocks to the OTP shown in the opening,

almost an aside, i dropped ToraDora very early when it aired as i couldn't stand the roadblocks, but my anime palette has broadened and i accept the silly roadblocks more, so i did watch all of ToraDora awhile ago.
Nov 24, 2013 11:00 AM

Mar 2008
I agree with joinedforFal on Toradora. It started off a bit goofy and not much direction to the story, but later on it became quite good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2013 12:35 PM

Apr 2013
Ghost Banri should keep his mouth shut or he is going to ruin everything. At this rate Banri will have a split personality.

LMAO !!! The "My boyfriend" moment was priceless xD
Nov 24, 2013 1:09 PM
Nov 2013
Aversa said:

And it seems Banri's old personality was taking over at the end i wonder what will happen ones memories start coming to Banri about his past.

Banri dont have any important memory, they never were a couple. He already know about his confession to Linda. But that ghost-control-thing its very enigmatic. Why Linda lie again and dont surprise when Banri(ghost) scream? Its that normal? I dont understand, maybe the old Banri have a double personality problem before his accident?

For me Kouko is a lot better than Linda. Kouko doesn´t care about what other people think, she is not acting like a little or older sister for Banri.
Nov 24, 2013 2:22 PM

Aug 2010
Oh man.. Things between Banri and Linda seems unresolved and this is definitely going to impact his relationship with koko. I wonder what'll happen if Koko sees Banri together with Linda and the atmosphere they have around them..

Anyway i'm loving the bits of character developments.. like in this ep we get a glimpse of chinami's

2D is hilarious!! Wonder if he'll get paired up with a woman in this series
Nov 24, 2013 5:47 PM

Mar 2012
Poor Ghost Banri ;_; I would say BanrixLinda would be great but then Kouko would be alone but BanraixKouko means Linda is left alone......I just hate love triangles :(
Nov 24, 2013 6:01 PM
Oct 2013
I can't go as far as saying Kouko is fake. She's not faking. She forbids herself to go to Mitsuo's apartment, she speaks as if Banri is the most important like that. But she cares about Mitsuo the most. I think Kouko really forced herself to love Banri.
Nov 24, 2013 6:15 PM

Jun 2012
I'm finally starting to like this series, so I guess than means I'm finally getting used to Banri (maybe) ^^ good news for me
, but I still want Kouko and Mitsuo, Banri and Linda
Really nice group of friends, too bad 2D doesn't have a 2D girl to hang out with =P

Nov 24, 2013 6:21 PM
Nov 2013
Great episode as always. I can't wait for the next episode. I smell serious trouble heading their way.
Nov 25, 2013 4:58 AM

Aug 2013
Banri: "My boyfriend". XD lol
I still support linda X Banri I hate kaga -_-

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

890 by daviddark27 »»
Apr 18, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

244 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.