Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Will you watch Space Dandy dubbed or subbed?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 24, 2013 10:34 PM
Mar 2011
of il watch it in my native tounge but ENG dub of bebop is prosed when the Japanese cast is 20 time ths all star cast than eng eng dub ever

and Hugely better tha the Seiyuu Cast for this show
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Dec 24, 2013 10:36 PM

Jun 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
trunghuynh90 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
trunghuynh90 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
trunghuynh90 said:
I can tell both are gonna be great, but cmon now why waste time on looking at subtitles?
Because they prefer Japanese, because unlike you they don't think the English voices will be great, because they don't understand English and already are used to watching anime with subs, because they don't see reading subs as wasting time, there's many reasons.
I understand your point and I have experience both sides and it usually who sounds more authentic or have the more superior voice acting, but If it were in equal term my point is exact.
No, if they were equal and everyone accepted that then that would only get rid of my second reason. And there are still more I haven't thought of or typed down.
why do we need subtitle? that's not the point im trying to get at before you start listing.
Learn to type coherent sentences and then come back.
alright, that was my bad i was expecting other to know how to read behind the line too much.
Dec 25, 2013 11:15 AM
Aug 2011
I will watch it in English first then in Japanese. Hopefully I can make a choice after watching one episode.
The English trailer actually sounds pretty good, certainly better than most of the dubbed trailers i've ever seen.

Then again Suwabe Junichi is Dandy...
Ah decisions, decisions.
Dec 25, 2013 11:17 AM

Nov 2013
Probably gonna watch the first episode twice in both languages and see which one I like best.
Dec 25, 2013 6:53 PM

Jun 2013
Japanese VAs are in general far superior in terms of overall skill when compared with American VAs... Many US VAs sound like they're reading off a script, rather than becoming the voice of the character. Not to mention Japanese VAs are more plentiful. The only dub I can watch is the one for Cowboy Bebop. Anything else have been subpar/horrible compared with the original Japanese.

So yeah, i'll be watching it subbed ~(^o^)~!
Dec 26, 2013 5:08 PM

Sep 2011
Definitely dub, though that depends if I can find a raw of it dubbed online and it good quality; ain't paying FUNimation just for one show.
Dec 26, 2013 7:50 PM
Sep 2011
I just now saw the commercial for this and my interest was snared. It's been a long time since I've seen Adult Swim air something that looked fun like this. Their recent shows have been much more on the dark and edgy/angsty side, and I miss the old days of shows like Lupin the Third.

Considering the creators of this show, subbed or dubbed doesn't matter, but it I go with the latter I'll actually have a reason to tune into adult swim every week.
Dec 27, 2013 8:43 AM

Aug 2011
Sub, because of Yoshino and Suwabe.
Dec 27, 2013 7:27 PM

Aug 2013
Dubbed because it is on Toonami
Dec 27, 2013 7:29 PM

Sep 2011
RLinksoul said:
I just now saw the commercial for this and my interest was snared. It's been a long time since I've seen Adult Swim air something that looked fun like this. Their recent shows have been much more on the dark and edgy/angsty side, and I miss the old days of shows like Lupin the Third.

Considering the creators of this show, subbed or dubbed doesn't matter, but it I go with the latter I'll actually have a reason to tune into adult swim every week.

its not anime but adult swim has a ridiculously creative and clever show called rick and morty on right now, its fun as hell and funny to boot and only on its first season

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 27, 2013 7:44 PM

Apr 2013
I will watch it dubbed, why not. It's on my television. I want this to get as high ratings as possible. Maybe they'll start doing things like this more often so we dont have to wait 20 hours for subtitles or be at the mercy of Golden Week / New Years in Japan when we have to wait a month for new episodes.
Dec 28, 2013 1:04 AM

Nov 2010
Subbed undoubtedly. The only show I ever watched dubbed was Dragon Ball and that was when I was a lot younger.

Even though English is not my native Language I prefer to buy the original books of English authors instead of the official translation that comes out in my country since I prefer to have contact with the original material, the original "vision" of the author. Here it's sort of the same thing. I like how the Japanese language sounds, why would I bother watch the dub. Living in a country that very rarely dubs anything (the only movies dubbed here are the most popular kids-oriented movies everything else has subtitles) I've been using subs all my life, no problem with that.
Dec 28, 2013 8:40 AM

Mar 2013
Three episodes subbed to make sure I like it. Then I'll go back & watch it dubbed when I'm feeling lazy.
Dec 28, 2013 2:26 PM

May 2013
checkin' it out dubbed, i'd rather watch stuff that way anyway.
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Dec 28, 2013 3:07 PM

Aug 2011
I typically prefer original over dubs (for anything really) so I'll watch it subbed, but if I hear that the dub is pretty good I might rewatch it with the dub.
Jan 4, 2014 5:15 PM

Jul 2012
Laciie said:
I typically prefer original over dubs (for anything really) so I'll watch it subbed, but if I hear that the dub is pretty good I might rewatch it with the dub.

But the dub comes out first? Could that not make it the original version?
Jan 4, 2014 7:36 PM

Sep 2012
This anime isn't something that I would usually care to watch so I'm just going to watch it first dubbed on Toonami since I watch things on it every week anyway. If it turns out that I like it I will stop watching it, wait for it to compleatly finish, then watch it subbed.
Jan 4, 2014 7:58 PM

Dec 2012
Battlechili1 said:
Laciie said:

Is everything outside of the voice acting made by the dub company?

So no.
Jan 4, 2014 8:24 PM
Jul 2012
both
Jan 4, 2014 8:36 PM

Apr 2009
I like to pay attention to the art and animation as well as the cinematography while I watch anime if possible, subs really take away from te experience imo, so if the dub isnt completely awful I'll aim for that. I usually just watch subs tho cuz the dub companies take so long with it, so the fact that its actually airing in english dub first is awesome for me.
Jan 4, 2014 8:48 PM

Aug 2009
I'll probably watch each episode twice. One in English and one in Japanese if I enjoy the show.
Jan 4, 2014 9:20 PM

May 2012
Probably both but definitely dubbed first.
Jan 4, 2014 9:28 PM

Dec 2012
Probably a little bit of both; but definitely the dub more so because it gives me a reason to watch Toonami. I love Toonami.
Jan 4, 2014 9:28 PM

Jul 2010
dubbed because its the first time we've ever had a simulcasted dub. Besides episode one was really good. Dub was really well done.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Jan 4, 2014 9:50 PM

Feb 2012
Dub because of convenience and I want to support their effort in making Anime that will air earlier/at the same time as Japan.

I also trust Funimation, and Ian Sinclair made me laugh a lot in Hetalia as Romano, so I've grown to really love his voice acting. I don't mind watching this in English in the least. It's on my tv so why the fuck not?
Jan 4, 2014 9:59 PM

Jan 2013
tsudecimo said:
Battlechili1 said:
Laciie said:

Is everything outside of the voice acting made by the dub company?

So no.

None of he japanese voice actors had anything to do with the production other than the voice acting. The animation studios and voice acting audits are two completely different studios.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Jan 4, 2014 11:37 PM

Mar 2008
Both
Jan 5, 2014 12:02 AM

Sep 2011
from what i gathered of the half episode we got in sub and the full episode we got a few hours ago

dandy, has a cooler voice in subbed that seems more fitting to the thinking hes way cooler than he is type but his line delivery wasnt as funny as ian sinclair in english

Q-T, is nearly identical in performance except the english has the auto-tune which will likely annoy some but given the fact that Q-T is a nearly broken hardly functioning robot i think its kind of fitting and i personally prefer it

Meow, i really cant say anything since he said like 2 things on the 10 minute preview episode in sub, his english guy was fine but cant really compare the 2

honey, I dont even know if she will appear ever again but man her japanese voice actress was annoying as hell, her English wasnt particularly memorable she had like 2 lines but my god her japanese actress was grating

gel(i think he was, the monkey guy), while i love j michael tatum he felt a bit under powering voice wise while the japanese guy's one line felt more villainous even if he was just being used as a useless subordinate

They are both great and id probably need to re-watch in sub for meow to tell who is better but id say they are both pretty equal at the moment

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 5, 2014 12:13 AM
Jul 2018
Subbed.

I can't get hard over American voices.
Jan 5, 2014 12:16 AM

Apr 2013
Dub for now. It's been awhile after all.
Jan 5, 2014 12:18 AM

Dec 2012
dubbed (your vote)
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire
Jan 5, 2014 1:02 AM
Feb 2010
dubbed, i usually watch whichever seems better initially, but the dub is VERY well done.
Jan 5, 2014 1:11 AM

Oct 2013
I just saw it dubbed on Toonami, and I think I'll stick with it.
Jan 5, 2014 1:15 AM

Jan 2013
Dubbed, very good.
Jan 5, 2014 1:52 AM

Jun 2011
Subbed.
Jan 5, 2014 2:16 AM

Oct 2012
English dubbed. It's quicker and it's actually good.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Jan 5, 2014 4:07 AM

Jan 2008
Subs. I don't watch anything "voiced" in English (be it dubbing or live action), therefore I'm not used to picking up on heavily accented words. I prefer having stuff typed for me, it's just for more comfortable to me ^^'
Jan 5, 2014 4:24 AM

Apr 2013
I tried watching it dubbed, it wasn't bad by any means but I think I'll stick with the subs. When was the first episode aired in Japan? Just a couple of hours ago?
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jan 5, 2014 5:05 AM

Sep 2011
geralt said:
I tried watching it dubbed, it wasn't bad by any means but I think I'll stick with the subs. When was the first episode aired in Japan? Just a couple of hours ago?

hasn't aired yet. About another hr+ for it in JP
Jan 5, 2014 6:52 AM
Nov 2009
The English dub killed a lot of the jokes so I'll go with the sub instead.
Jan 5, 2014 6:53 AM

Feb 2013
Of course subbed, I'm not retarded to watch dubs.
Jan 5, 2014 8:01 AM

Jan 2013
Ulquiorra1923 said:

No, of course not. You're fucking Einstein and Aristotle in one.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Jan 5, 2014 8:07 AM

Sep 2011
Ulquiorra1923 said:
I really question sometimes if your going out of you way to make users not like you

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 5, 2014 8:14 AM

Feb 2013
NotJizzyHitler said:
Ulquiorra1923 said:
I really question sometimes if your going out of you way to make users not like you

I don't know if anyone will dislike me or like me for posting my opinion regarding this thread. And when I say '' I'm not retarded to watch dubs '' that doesn't mean I consider every user who watched dubs are retarded, I'm just expressing my hatred towards dubs only, not dubs viewers.
Jan 5, 2014 8:22 AM

May 2011
Subs, obviously.
Jan 5, 2014 8:29 AM

Sep 2011
Ulquiorra1923 said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
Ulquiorra1923 said:

I don't know if anyone will dislike me or like me for posting my opinion regarding this thread. And when I say '' I'm not retarded to watch dubs '' that doesn't mean I consider every user who watched dubs are retarded, I'm just expressing my hatred towards dubs only, not dubs viewers.

You come off as an asshole 60% of the time.
TyrelJan 5, 2014 8:33 AM
Jan 5, 2014 8:32 AM

Feb 2013
Tyrel said:
Ulquiorra1923 said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
Ulquiorra1923 said:

You come off as an asshole 80% of the time.

If you say so, but I don't think I ever insulted anyone or any anime, and I think that's more important.
Jan 5, 2014 8:40 AM

Apr 2013
Lol at the change from 80% to 60%... You're getting nicer Ulquiorra.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jan 5, 2014 8:45 AM
Mar 2013
Subbed because I'm not mindless sheep like the rest on MAL

I am an independent thinker who makes decisions based on more than the choices of others.

I choose quality over poor acting and vial accents.
Jan 5, 2014 8:50 AM
Jan 2013
I plan on watching it dubbed to support the release on Toonami but after watching both the sub and dubbed videos I find the sub slightly better only because no autotuned robot.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2014

150 by crotaku15 »»
Yesterday, 5:37 AM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

189 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 27, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

95 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2014

94 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

omega_d94 - Mar 8, 2014

138 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 9:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.