Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 6, 2013 10:16 PM
Apr 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thought I'd finally do a first episode post for this site...

How strange? First Coppelion comes out early (Not that I'm watching that crap), now its Kill la Kill.

Anyway, another pretty good episode that continues to flesh things out some more. Mako episode next week. I expect laughter and Hallelujah choruses.
Nov 6, 2013 10:33 PM
Mar 2012
Another dose of Satsuki and Ryuuko~ As always enjoyed the action and plot
Nov 6, 2013 10:40 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
MCAL said:

How strange? First Coppelion comes out early (Not that I'm watching that crap), now its Kill la Kill.

Yeah I was surprised to see Kill la Kill come out early too, just as I was yesterday with Coppelion (but I am watching that crap).

Anyways, liked this episode, Sanageyama is a pretty cool character, I like how he was so determined after his failure that he sewed his eyes shut, which then his powers evolved. Awesome. Reminds me of Oedipus in a way but less gruesome. Also, mahou shounen?

And seriously, that teacher never fails to crack me up, I love seeing him on the screen.
Nov 6, 2013 10:51 PM

Aug 2010
Homeroom teacher has the ultimate sex appeal. That immediate character development after a loss was rather nice.
Nov 6, 2013 10:53 PM

Jun 2011
I don't really care about the early releases as long as i can get to see it.
Is it just me or does it look like Satsuki and Sanageyama have a thing going on for each other?
Nov 6, 2013 10:55 PM

May 2013
That beginning scene with Mikisugi and Ryuko was funny. Sanageyama got a power up by sacrificing his sight. Can't wait for the next episode.
Nov 6, 2013 11:05 PM

Feb 2013
That "WE'RE NUDIST BEACH!" MOMENT HAHAHAHAHA I love the funny at the start XD XD
Nov 6, 2013 11:14 PM

Dec 2011
Decent episode cuz Mako was barely in it!! Glad they toned down on the jokes in this one

Nov 6, 2013 11:22 PM

Dec 2012
tingy said:
MCAL said:

First Coppelion comes out early (Not that I'm watching that crap), now its Kill la Kill.

Yeah I was surprised to see Kill la Kill come out early too, just as I was yesterday with Coppelion (but I am watching that crap).

Seriously guys? Do we have to waste each other's time calling shows crap? I personally enjoy Coppelion, but regardless of how I feel about it, or if I'm watching it, this is a Kill La Kill episode thread. Can we all just talk about how sad we are that we barely got any Based Mako this episode and how happy we are to get more Based Mako next episode?
Nov 6, 2013 11:26 PM

Nov 2011
Damn, I'm just loving Ryuuko and Senketsu's bonding this episode. Then, there's the action of course which was awesome as usual.

Sanageyama FTW.
Nov 7, 2013 12:32 AM
Aug 2013
What an unexpected out turn this episode had. Imagine how painful it would be to get your eyes sewn shut, I wonder if it was sewn shut with life fibers.
Nov 7, 2013 12:53 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
olboyfloats said:

Seriously guys? Do we have to waste each other's time calling shows crap? I personally enjoy Coppelion, but regardless of how I feel about it, or if I'm watching it, this is a Kill La Kill episode thread. Can we all just talk about how sad we are that we barely got any Based Mako this episode and how happy we are to get more Based Mako next episode?

I'm sorry I was only kidding because of what the OP said :P and I did talk about other things like how awesome Sanageyama was and how hilarious the teacher was (as always). Unfortunately I don't care too much for Mako.
Nov 7, 2013 1:19 AM

Dec 2012
Another great episode. Got rather serious at the end there with Ryuuko having to retreat like that. I really want to get the soundtrack to this show!
Nov 7, 2013 1:56 AM

Jul 2010
Man, I need to get the OST as soon as it's released.
Nov 7, 2013 2:19 AM

Nov 2011
I did really think it was a bit to soon for her to defeat one of the elite 4
Really good episode :D

Wow alot of anime this season are getting 24-26 episode seasons glad this is one of them :D
Nov 7, 2013 2:57 AM

Mar 2013
Elite60 said:
Man, I need to get the OST as soon as it's released.

agreed!

song that started at 9:46 is awesome! i gotta find out what it is!

Mod Edit: Double post combined. Please don't double post.
rodacNov 7, 2013 1:44 PM
Nov 7, 2013 3:35 AM

Nov 2010
What a cruel way to transform yourself after a defeat
That teacher is the reincarnation of Dr Slump
Nov 7, 2013 4:09 AM
Sep 2011
We got a glimpse of Satuski's and her subordinates' past when they weren't as tarted up as in the present, as usual in 4:3 aspect ratio to highlight just how ancient the events in those flashbacks are. Sanageyama, a previous gang leader of the Kanto region is shown as the last to join Satsuki's ranks and seeminly the first out of the four to resign from this group until his shocking decision to show his resolve. His scenes with Satsuki especially after his second battle with Ryuuko are chock full of hints for potential conflicts among the student council members. Somewhere down the road there will be attempts to overthrow Satsuki coming from the four kings, mark my words!

Could it be that Satuski decided to put on her "wedding dress" because she found her prospective "husband" (who even her mother, Mistress Ragyo seems to approve)? Senketsu's black texture would fit the aesthetics of a wedding suit and Satsuki has professed her desire for someone who could equal her in strength. I bet she just pretends knowing something about Ryuuko's father in order to keep her around her ^^

I probably sound like a broken record by now but the concept of clothing being the equivalent to power couldn't be more obvious than depicted in this episode. The all high-and mighty Sanageyama stripped to his birthday suit, exposed to the entire school, no wonder Satsuki didn't bother to grace him with her presence during the first fight, supposedly knowing about the outcome beforehand. Clothing elevates your status, boosts your confidence and makes you seemingly invulnerable but it is all to easy to just rip it off your body and to relegate you to a helpless, pathetic state.

The soundtrack is godly btw, complementing both comedic and serious scenes perfectly, and easining up the different mood shifts.

EudaimoniaNov 7, 2013 5:15 AM
Nov 7, 2013 4:50 AM

Nov 2012
this episode was definitely than the previous ones, since it got more serious and interesting.
sanageyamas transformation scene was both funny and weird to watch.
Nov 7, 2013 5:02 AM

May 2012
Great episode. I got a different vibe from this episode. I don't know if the art work changed or it was the amount of awesome. Anyway was not expecting to get a flash back so old that the damn screen ratio would reduce. Satsuki got some top notch followers. I mean dude sewed his eyes up for her. I don't how Ryuu is going to beat Uzu. Can't wait for next week.

Dat OST!
Nov 7, 2013 5:10 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
I liked that this episode was more serious in terms of tone. Sanageyama feels like the Viral of KlK, even their voice actor is the same, heh. I wonder if he ally himself with Ryuuko later.
Nov 7, 2013 7:11 AM
Dec 2012
Good pop culture entertainment as always. Wonder what Satsuki talked about with the woman via phone. I liked the scene where Ryuuko was ironing Senketsu. Her battle with Sanageyama was intense. She was lucky to survive. Before watching the battle, I had thought she would win cuz her kamui was made of 100% life fiber. But it seems those guys in non-100% life fiber uniform are unbeatable. Curious to see how she is going to deal with them.

Intriguing was Sanageyama turned down Satsuki's invitation to tea. Wonder if he will betray her in the future.
Nov 7, 2013 9:34 AM

Apr 2013
I like how skills matter a lot in the fights of KLK, not just the amount of life fiber your clothing has. Sanageyama did well to demonstrate this and Ryuuko definitely needs to improve herself.

So we have the teacher as Kamina, and now Viral manifests himself as well in the form of Sanageyama! Bravo!!

Nov 7, 2013 10:25 AM

Sep 2009
poor Matoi,, :(
I hope she gets more powerful. >_<
Nov 7, 2013 10:58 AM

Feb 2011
I have a feeling this is going to go a little Gurren Lagann, where the flashbacks tease at Satsuki being the good guy, trying to get a grip on Japan and creating a strong and capable army to destroy the current world leaders (Aka chancellor Hitler's government) , through the use of the life fibers as weapons, and the school as a training academy for her future soldiers, I look forward to how this will all play out.

Hell, after the last episode's creation of the "Mako is a lot stronger than she's hinting at" theory, she could be the Nia of this series, where she's secretly a spy for the true evil that leads the world, playing up the part of a weakling idiot.

As for Sanageyama, like most people in this show, he was given an air of "typicalness", where he's your typical kendo club guy, but again, like most people in this show, he quickly proves himself to be a unique character in both personality and past experiences. Who knows what else will take place, on a side note, what's with the computer guy from the Elite 4 having a plug in his neck, does he think he's Keanu Reeves now?

Finally, the people close to Satsuki talk about this "Stage" that she's setting, it was just revealed that Matoi's interference is getting in the way of that stage, now judging from what Satsuki has offered Sanageyama as a stage, aka a place where he can fight strong opponents (If this is true, and Matoi's getting in the way despite her strength, then it means she's after someone even more powerful), it's clear that this stage is a going to be a large scale battle against powerful opponents, if that's the case, then it's safe to assume that Satsuki's stage wasn't the school, nor the general oppression of the people living around it. It's my opinion that what I said earlier may play out, Satsuki may very well see herself as the good guy here, trying to create an environment where only the strong will thrive, so that she can have an army of extremely above par warriors to take on a much larger force, the only larger force we assume still exists in this world is the one ruling it, the one talked about very early on, Chancellor Hitler's forces, or at the very least, the higher ups of the Kiryuuin family.
AkatsukiShinobiNov 7, 2013 11:17 AM
Nov 7, 2013 11:10 AM
Mar 2013
Makaizen said:
Homeroom teacher has the ultimate sex appeal.

OMG YES !! Never fails to make me scream each time ! And those nipples XD
Jakuzure said:
This entirety of this episode had me at the edge of my seat.

Especially how Sanageyama sewed his eyes shut. Did anyone else find that creepy, and a bit sad?

I did >x<
iNeon said:
I did really think it was a bit to soon for her to defeat one of the elite 4

Thought so too, now we'll have to see how she'll defeat him, can't wait ! :3
endlessdusk said:
I like how skills matter a lot in the fights of KLK, not just the amount of life fiber your clothing has.

Agree ^^

And by the way, am i the only one who finds it funny how Ryuuko keeps her poker face each time she sends someone flying naked as if she's already used to seeing naked people around her, but still blushes when the teacher starts stripping in front of her XD ?? And also, dat Mako mesuring Uzu's ***** XD
SarayNov 7, 2013 11:19 AM
Nov 7, 2013 11:11 AM
Oct 2009
tingy said:
MCAL said:

That wasn't all that was strange; watching this whole episode felt weird the first time around.

Ryuko's been the center of the show for so long, I was expecting her fight with Sanageyama to last longer and end with a key moment of triumph. Instead we get an episode where Sanageyama is more or less the protagonist, and Ryuko's victory seems almost even less of an accomplishment than defeating the first two club presidents.

Ryuko is definitely not your conventional protagonist. If you think of this show from Satsuki and the Elite Four's perspective, she's practically the villain: she rudely barges in and messes up the order that the "heroes" must maintain (that order being an oppressive fascist regime, but still); she wears dark and edgy clothes to contrast the academy's pristine and light uniforms; and when she loses, she makes a crafty getaway and pretty much cries, "We'll meet again, Satsuki Kiryuin!" (in fact, she does say that). Nowhere is this more apparent than in this episode, and the below quote puts it best:

herbert said:
To sum it up, the good guy had upper hand but the bad guy pulled some dirty tricks in the first fight. After the failure, the good guy got power-up and came back kicking the bad guy's ass.

I've kinda had this "Ryuko is a villain" idea since around episode 2 or 3 when I first heard a discussion on it. But still, this episode's role-swap was so unrelentless that it took me a second viewing to really appreciate it. And I do appreciate it, because now we get an even more dangerous opponent who Ryuko will get to try and overcome. If overcoming him is a good thing, that is...

As for the preview, when you spend 10 seconds of it on a single shot of Mako's face, you know it has to be something good.
Nov 7, 2013 11:26 AM

Apr 2013
WE'RE NUDIST BEACH
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Nov 7, 2013 11:26 AM

Apr 2013
Ah, first peek at the real power of the Elite Four.

The first fight was entertaining, but oh man, Ryuko got destroyed after Sanageyama got his eyes sewed shut. I wonder how she's gonna come back after losing like that. Can't wait to see more of the Elite Four in action.

This episode was pretty good. I love the song that played after Satsuki spoke to Mistress Ragyo. They need to release the OST for this series already.
Nov 7, 2013 11:34 AM

Aug 2011
He sewed his eyes shut so he could truly see everything.

beautiful episode
Nov 7, 2013 11:41 AM

Aug 2013
Fantastic episode!

The relation with comedy and action are really good.

Anime is saved xP
Nov 7, 2013 11:43 AM

Sep 2013
Nipple glow o.O

What funky yet cool music when Satsuki was called.

He definitely proved his worth in that second fight.

Mako might be getting her own ep next time :D
Nov 7, 2013 11:51 AM

Jun 2012
Getting more interesting every week
Nov 7, 2013 11:58 AM

Aug 2010
Good ep. Finally we see a 3 star in action.

Sageyama is BA! He looks awesome with the new eye mask. Sewing his eyes for his loss totally makes him deserve respect.

Lol'd at the Nudist Beach part XD And Dem shining nipples XD

Loved the OST when Satsuki's mom called.

Ryuuko still has quite a long way to go to master Senketsu it seems. Getting her ass handed to her by a 3 star.

Nxt ep...Mako ep?
Nov 7, 2013 11:59 AM

Feb 2013
Weird episode,well all episodes until now were the same.
Nov 7, 2013 12:22 PM

Jan 2013
Am I the only one who noticed mako measuring sanegayama's member when Matoi beat him
Nov 7, 2013 12:27 PM

Oct 2011
Damn, I felt chills when we got to see a glance of Satsuki's Mother and her building for a second there. That song,that foreshadowing.

Things are gonna get WAY bigger from here on!
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Nov 7, 2013 12:29 PM
Sep 2013
Now that he's blind he can finally see. This episode was so deep. I was expecting the show to go this route with all the talk about Hitler in the beginning. Now he's finally starting to see his blind devotion to the dictator is the wrong path.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Elite Four, one by one, starts allying themselves to Ryuko.
Nov 7, 2013 12:36 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I really enjoyed this episode. Great OST and Sanageyama is by far the most interesting of the Elite Four characters and I get the feeling that at some point he might have a falling out with Satsuki. Him sewing his eyes shut was a classic samurai movie move. To top it off, Mako didn't have a central role which is a good thing IMO. She's best in small doses. I find the teacher much funnier: NUDIST BEACH!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 7, 2013 12:59 PM

Apr 2013
By sewing his eyes he could see the world. Intense episode, loved the OST when Satsuki's mother was introduced.

The Elite Four are still beasts in terms of power and Sanegayama proved that.
migohunterNov 7, 2013 1:02 PM
Powerful eyebrows.
Nov 7, 2013 12:59 PM

Mar 2012
Awesome episode.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Nov 7, 2013 1:28 PM

Jul 2010
That was brilliant.Finally the atmosphere is becoming more serious, thats exactly what i was waiting for.
OST.I need to get OST right now.
Nov 7, 2013 1:29 PM

Oct 2011
Decent episode finally, perhaps it was the action, soundtrack or having some background of characters... nope it was lack of Mako and her "explanations"
Nov 7, 2013 1:29 PM

Mar 2013
AkatsukiShinobi said:
I have a feeling this is going to go a little Gurren Lagann, where the flashbacks tease at Satsuki being the good guy, trying to get a grip on Japan and creating a strong and capable army to destroy the current world leaders (Aka chancellor Hitler's government) , through the use of the life fibers as weapons, and the school as a training academy for her future soldiers, I look forward to how this will all play out.

Hell, after the last episode's creation of the "Mako is a lot stronger than she's hinting at" theory, she could be the Nia of this series, where she's secretly a spy for the true evil that leads the world, playing up the part of a weakling idiot.

As for Sanageyama, like most people in this show, he was given an air of "typicalness", where he's your typical kendo club guy, but again, like most people in this show, he quickly proves himself to be a unique character in both personality and past experiences. Who knows what else will take place, on a side note, what's with the computer guy from the Elite 4 having a plug in his neck, does he think he's Keanu Reeves now?

Finally, the people close to Satsuki talk about this "Stage" that she's setting, it was just revealed that Matoi's interference is getting in the way of that stage, now judging from what Satsuki has offered Sanageyama as a stage, aka a place where he can fight strong opponents (If this is true, and Matoi's getting in the way despite her strength, then it means she's after someone even more powerful), it's clear that this stage is a going to be a large scale battle against powerful opponents, if that's the case, then it's safe to assume that Satsuki's stage wasn't the school, nor the general oppression of the people living around it. It's my opinion that what I said earlier may play out, Satsuki may very well see herself as the good guy here, trying to create an environment where only the strong will thrive, so that she can have an army of extremely above par warriors to take on a much larger force, the only larger force we assume still exists in this world is the one ruling it, the one talked about very early on, Chancellor Hitler's forces, or at the very least, the higher ups of the Kiryuuin family.

That honestly sounds plausible :P Never know when it might make a complete 180 in terms of story.
Nov 7, 2013 1:43 PM

May 2013
Great episode. Lol @ glowing nipples. Love the character of Sanageyama and how he's developed over one episode. Now that the man is blind, he can now truly see.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Nov 7, 2013 1:47 PM

Sep 2013
This episode was amazing
Nov 7, 2013 1:55 PM

Apr 2012
Okay, some random guy's post made me want to see SanageyamaxSatsuki, god damn it now I can't stop thinking about it!

This episode was incredible, hopefully Trigger will keep their promise of making the elite 4 last much more than those of TTGL.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Nov 7, 2013 1:58 PM

Mar 2013
Wow, amazing episode. That ost. I can't stop listening to it.
Hiroyuki Sawano is truly a god
Nov 7, 2013 2:01 PM

Aug 2013
This show has an awesome ost. That teacher is also hilarious.
Yea
Nov 7, 2013 2:01 PM
Oct 2010
Awesome episode!!!!

I like the use of the gundam sound effects (him shooting the bamboo swords has the same sound effect as a beam sword cutting through a mobile suit) seen here

(spoiler, shows a battle.. I've linked the exact part)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f8QpKrgizk#t=249

I knew the track when he did his super move during the first fight sounded familiar, another remix from Gundam Unicorn seen below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK3qgfufogY
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

392 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.