Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 6, 2013 3:52 PM

Sep 2013
jpem said:

TL;DR: OP has flaws, but DBZ has a lot more.

You made two things clear:

1- You never seen REAL Dragon Ball (Japanese i.e. original) and

2- You only watched DBZ, not Dragon Ball.

There were plenty of female characters in DB that were strong. Granted, DBZ only had Android 18 but it doesn't take away that half of the series involved women kicking ass and getting their asses kicked.

Which female antagonists did Zoro and Usopp defeated? Pffft....

What character development? Luffy is still a complete tool despite training with Gol D. Roger's first mate, Sanji is still a sexist, Zoro's Kenbunshoku Haki is non-existent since he keeps getting lost, etc, etc, etc...

Saying that DB didn't have a story is pure ignorance. The story is basically connected from when Goku met Bulma till SSJ2 Gohan obliterated Cell. The Buu Arc was the only one that truly came from nothing and, unsurprisingly, was the lowest one in terms of popularity and manga sells.

DB Kai was simply a project that a lot of fans currently hate (not as much as DBGT) and it was apparent that is was made for bitches complaining about things they have no idea about.

DB's movies were, for the most part, considered awesome with the exception of movie 4 and 11 (the only really bad ones).

The only OP movie that was deemed good was the last one. Shiki's didn't live up to the hype. Everyone else screamed mediocrity.
Nov 6, 2013 3:58 PM

Mar 2013
Fiji said:
This arc has become really dark. Although I am really glad Oda sped up the pacing. This flashback pretty much ended this chapter, we might see an aftermath chapter after, but glad that it wrapped up fast.

Agreed. Wouldn't say this arc is "truly" dark though, but you still see it.
Nov 6, 2013 4:33 PM
Jul 2018

Anyways, this is pretty off topic and neither off us are gonna agree so enough of that.
removed-userNov 6, 2013 4:59 PM
Nov 6, 2013 7:25 PM

May 2013
My respect for Doflamingo went through the roof, what a great villain! Pretty good chapter, can't wait for Rebecca's fight to be over with though.
Nov 6, 2013 8:20 PM

Jun 2012
kiDnameDSkia said:
SkyFade said:
Jarjaxle said:
Drake looks awesome....but.....*PISSED OFF*!!!! DONFLAMINGOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Never ever have been so Pissed on Anyone in One Piece....I actually Liked Him But now...that Bastard Deserves only to be Revealed as Traitor to People...and Death....Nothing Else...Just Most Humiliating Death Ever!!!! KILL HIM!!!!
I actually like him because at this pace, he will be the most 'evil' character. Blackbeard simply does what he has to to become Pirate King, although my own criticism is for a D. carrier seems kind of like a coward at times, while Akainu even if an extremist is still a Marine and fights for his brand of Justice similar to Garp and even Aokiji.

In One Piece, the simple good vs evil doesn't matter, in the end it is just everyone trying to accomplish their goals. Look at how much Crocodile changed in the latter years, and he should still be considered a hardcore villain.
There's a quote explaining this perfectly, and even moar it's from Dofla himself ^^
"Pirates are evil!!? The marines are righteous!!? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history... Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand on top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!"
I agree with all of that to an extent, and that quote from Doflamingo has always been one of my favorite One Piece quotes... and yeah I've heard the saying that "there is no good or evil" plenty of times, but personally I always like to think that anyone can be considered good unless they do one of two things: bring harm to others for personal pleasure or gain, or force others to your whims... either of those I think are about the only acts that constitute evil, and Doflamingo has definitely done plenty of both. That's just me, but I also like to think that good and bad don't really matter, as long as people who do bad are prepared to receive consequences and people who do good are prepared to receive nothing.

Of course it might not have been what either of you meant, it just seemed like you were implying that Doflamingo is good, or perhaps simply not evil. Either way, I personally think Doflamingo is evil as all hell... but I think he's a badass, and definitely makes for an epic villain.
HalibelTheEspadaNov 6, 2013 8:39 PM
Nov 6, 2013 8:36 PM
Jul 2013
OnePieceQ8 said:
Damn doflamingo..!!
i wonder how long his strings!?

I wonder how manny people he can control with it?
Nov 6, 2013 8:45 PM

Jun 2012
BeyondNero said:
OnePieceQ8 said:
Damn doflamingo..!!
i wonder how long his strings!?

I wonder how manny people he can control with it?
Yeah I know right, I really want to know how anyone can counter it, otherwise he's got the hands of god. Perhaps, depending on how haki affects his body/ability, a certain person with lots of elasticity, might have an advantage with a stretchy body (aka no stiff joints) that can't be controlled so easily.
HalibelTheEspadaNov 6, 2013 8:49 PM
Nov 6, 2013 9:37 PM

Jun 2010
Not really fair to call this an Alabasta Arc copy, in reality, you can make similar claims to the Fishman Island Arc, and even the Skypiea Arc.
Nov 6, 2013 10:45 PM

Mar 2013
Villains take notes. Doflamingo is here.
Nov 6, 2013 10:53 PM
May 2012
Drake's design is amazing. Wonder how long it'll be before we see Urouge and Capone Bege. It'll be interesting to see if Caribou knowing about Poseidon will play in now, might be looking forward to the cover stories more then the actual chapters.
Nov 7, 2013 2:59 AM
Jul 2012
The chapter.....wasn't that bad.....uneventful....but not bad.

I'm betting the last two in the D Block will be Cavendish vs Rebecca.

But right now, the most interesting part of the chapter for me was seeing Drake take down Caribou.

I wonder why.

If he captured the pirate who destroyed Kaido's weapons factory, it stands to reason that Drake is working for Kaido. But....I dunno....there's got to be more to it. Law said the only way to survive in the New World was to work under a Yonko, or try to depose a Yonko, Drake doesn't seem the type to work under anyone, especially a Yonko considering he's a former marine who went out of his way to get Kaido's attention by attacking his crewmate and favorite island.

I wonder what will become of Caribou. he'll probably survive....but what'll he do next?
With his knowledge of the Ancient Weapon "Poseidon", it'd be fairy simple for him to barter his way out of trouble.

Can't wait for next week
Nov 7, 2013 3:12 AM
Jul 2011
JourneybyTrain said:
Drake's design is amazing. Wonder how long it'll be before we see Urouge and Capone Bege. It'll be interesting to see if Caribou knowing about Poseidon will play in now, might be looking forward to the cover stories more then the actual chapters.

Agreed.
Nov 7, 2013 7:01 AM

Aug 2012
SkyFade said:
Not really fair to call this an Alabasta Arc copy, in reality, you can make similar claims to the Fishman Island Arc, and even the Skypiea Arc.

well of course, everything is a repeated process, the world is recycling itself. You can find a thousand more similarities in every chapter, you can even see a pattern, but no one bothers with that because it doesn't matter alongside all the new things/ways it has been told. Also, comparing this to Alabasta is in my eyes only a bonus for the arc, because Alabasta was (to me) one of the best arcs

HalibelTheEspada said:
I agree with all of that to an extent, and that quote from Doflamingo has always been one of my favorite One Piece quotes... and yeah I've heard the saying that "there is no good or evil" plenty of times, but personally I always like to think that anyone can be considered good unless they do one of two things: bring harm to others for personal pleasure or gain, or force others to your whims... either of those I think are about the only acts that constitute evil, and Doflamingo has definitely done plenty of both. That's just me, but I also like to think that good and bad don't really matter, as long as people who do bad are prepared to receive consequences and people who do good are prepared to receive nothing.

Of course it might not have been what either of you meant, it just seemed like you were implying that Doflamingo is good, or perhaps simply not evil. Either way, I personally think Doflamingo is evil as all hell... but I think he's a badass, and definitely makes for an epic villain.

Well, it's all relative since 'good' and 'evil' are abstract concepts that people created to distinquish between those who do something for their interests and others who go against them. Globalised good and evil are just reflections of that on a wider scale, implementing moral and so on.. In this context Doflamingo is evil and the SHs are good as well as Riku, so it's all okay, but if we want to go philosophy mode we can discuss about it all day long :D
for instance maybe Doflamingo wants to create a perfect for everyone utopia, but needs to use everything he can, thus he doesn't pick methods because they lead to a greater good. Or from Monets perspective, who gave life for Doflamingo, Dofla was good to the bitter end. It all depends on the point of view, those are all subjective concepts and it doesn't really make much sense going with the discussion in that direction
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Nov 7, 2013 8:05 AM

Jun 2008
Arcling said:
Now I like Doflamingo even more. Don't want him to lose. He doesn't seem like a completely bad guy, just taking extreme measures to achieve his goals.

Ok liking him as a villain i get but actually thinking his not that bad of a person goes too much.
Nov 7, 2013 8:13 AM

May 2012
SuperSonic1986 said:

There were plenty of female characters in DB that were strong. Granted, DBZ only had Android 18 but it doesn't take away that half of the series involved women kicking ass and getting their asses kicked.

What character development? Luffy is still a complete tool despite training with Gol D. Roger's first mate, Sanji is still a sexist, Zoro's Kenbunshoku Haki is non-existent since he keeps getting lost, etc, etc, etc...

Saying that DB didn't have a story is pure ignorance. The story is basically connected from when Goku met Bulma till SSJ2 Gohan obliterated Cell. The Buu Arc was the only one that truly came from nothing and, unsurprisingly, was the lowest one in terms of popularity and manga sells.

DB Kai was simply a project that a lot of fans currently hate (not as much as DBGT) and it was apparent that is was made for bitches complaining about things they have no idea about.

DB's movies were, for the most part, considered awesome with the exception of movie 4 and 11 (the only really bad ones).

The only OP movie that was deemed good was the last one. Shiki's didn't live up to the hype. Everyone else screamed mediocrity.

he was talking about dragon ball z, but please tell me all the strong females in dragon ball.

dragon ball z has plenty of flaws including pretty much 0 character development, negative character development really. as the story continued more and more characters became sideline cheerleaders or fodder for villains.

the story itself was simply new villain power up and beat it. the same can be said of fighting series but villains in dragon ball z had no depth to them, they had one goal, or even no goal in mind.

the actual dragon balls just became a tool to fix the z fighters mistakes - letting villains get stronger when they could have easily finished them off before their "final form"

and yeah, after watching goku or cell take nearly entire episodes to transform, you bet i was looking forward to the next episode, because i sure as hell wasn't caring to remember those ones for positive reasons.
Nov 7, 2013 8:18 AM

Jun 2008
Eltrik said:
SuperSonic1986 said:

he was talking about dragon ball z, but please tell me all the strong females in dragon ball.

dragon ball z has plenty of flaws including pretty much 0 character development, negative character development really. as the story continued more and more characters became sideline cheerleaders or fodder for villains.

the story itself was simply new villain power up and beat it. the same can be said of fighting series but villains in dragon ball z had no depth to them, they had one goal, or even no goal in mind.

the actual dragon balls just became a tool to fix the z fighters mistakes - letting villains get stronger when they could have easily finished them off before their "final form"

and yeah, after watching goku or cell take nearly entire episodes to transform, you bet i was looking forward to the next episode, because i sure as hell wasn't caring to remember those ones for positive reasons.

Why did you replied to him? Now we are gonna have another 2 pages with his pointless drivel.
Nov 7, 2013 9:55 AM

Sep 2012
Doflamingo is such a douchebag.
Nov 8, 2013 11:21 AM
Nov 2013
Yay for Doffy for showing us his not-to-smile-for side,He is my new favourite all-time OP Villian for sure ;) ,No one had so much influence,strength and "evil" behavior like him since croco-boy villain days.

Also wonder if Enel is actually the 7th of the schipukai , It would make sense since all the wanted posters were related to (New Generation),(Yonko),(All Shichibukai "except the clown guy),and Key Characters Like ace,silver . I can't see Enel in any category except the Shichibukai one and with that bonus He can reach that level.

Really want to see how will the dressrosa arc move forward (and what will happen The mera-mera no mina too) as Doffy appear to be a class-1 Villain and not a small fry like Caesar,and what will happen in the rest of the pirate alliance saga with Kaido as the enemy.
Nov 13, 2013 2:55 AM

Oct 2009
kiDnameDSkia said:
SkyFade said:

well of course, everything is a repeated process, the world is recycling itself. You can find a thousand more similarities in every chapter, you can even see a pattern, but no one bothers with that because it doesn't matter alongside all the new things/ways it has been told. Also, comparing this to Alabasta is in my eyes only a bonus for the arc, because Alabasta was (to me) one of the best arcs

I feel like its a combination of all 3 and a lil bit of Arlong Park Arc (the fact that Both the King and Nami had to buy off the land back and are portrayed as bad people to the citizens when they are not.) Well it has bits of alot of Arcs so far but its not boring at all, on the contrary it very interesting so far, but i still want to know what CP-0 is doing there?!?! Hope they aren't stronger then CP-9 (but i'm sure they will be), because idk if the SHs can deal with all this at once.

JourneybyTrain said:

I have been think the same thing...i'm actually thinking that he might be working for Doffy since he is the one the does weaponry deals in the underworld, but then again Caribou seems like the type to call to his mommy for help and we all know that if Doffy caught whiff that a ancient weapon of destruction was around he might want to get a hold of it a while ago.
But what if he works for Crocodile since he's want an ancient weapon since the Alabasta Arc
or could be relate to Kaido somehow (since as Law mentioned in the Punk Hazard Arc that Kaido and everyone else is preparing for something big, and if some one is making an army of Zoans then they might want a weapon strong to go with that army.)
Jun 12, 2014 1:54 AM

Jan 2014
Really? Another "villain playing hero"?
This is like a spanish-alabasta, which isn't far from nan arabic alabasta.

Decent I guess.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2014 12:31 PM

Sep 2011
AzurePisces said:
He's like crocodile.. but much more evil
A successful Crocodile...

Yeah, that petty much nailed him up there as one of the bets one piece villains. I fucking love his ability.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Feb 3, 2015 7:51 AM
Jul 2014
Great flashback showing how Doflamingo took over Dressrosa. 9/10
May 15, 2018 6:28 AM

Feb 2013
I hate you Doffy, I hate you!
Jul 23, 2022 4:25 AM

Nov 2020
wow doflamingo is trash
Sep 6, 2022 3:25 PM

Mar 2021
I live for these flashbacks

Poor King Riku and his soldiers. Must be traumatizing to attack your own people while having no control over your own body.

Doffy is such a menace. Those panels where it looks like he is holding a marionette are crazy.

Oct 29, 2022 3:12 AM

May 2021
That went somewhat as I expected it to. Now we need to know, why?

Dec 16, 2022 3:11 AM

Jun 2017
That was such a tragic past! The look of pain in the faithful citizen's eyes were making me feel so sorry. I don't know in what way could the king be forgiven for that. 😞

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Dec 29, 2022 12:51 PM
Sep 2020
Seeing the former king of Dressrosa cry as he's forced to slaughter his own people is one of those tragic One Piece moments that will be seared into my brain forever.
It makes me want to see Flamingo get his ass kicked even more than I already did what a scumbag.
Apr 24, 2023 8:09 PM

Dec 2022
okay i was starting to think this Mingo guy might be kind of cool but nope he's a son of a bitch through and through
Jan 18, 10:18 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
What is the prize of the country? 10 Billions of Berries!!!
Doflamingo is crazy!!!
kekeke
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

46 by Slimdudejim »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1110 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Mar 12

63 by LuffyHammock94 »»
Yesterday, 1:53 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 770 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LunyRem - Dec 11, 2014

50 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 26, 11:16 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Apr 25, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Apr 25, 6:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.