Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 26, 2013 3:10 AM

Aug 2013
Good epiaodes I loved it ..... NANA appearance was the best of all :3 , I was kinda disappointed that he said I love you early '_' I thought that would happened in episode 20 and above <_<

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Oct 26, 2013 3:35 AM

Jun 2013
Riez said:
Decent episode.

Btw , Banri mistook Linda as Barbara. Is there any Barbara mentioned ? or he's regaining his memories and actually he had a past connection with Barbara ( Linda , somehow perhaps she is acting like another person ).

Anyway , I would love to see just how would Banri and Kouko be a couple. They're perfectoooo. Plus , I do hope Banri's amnesia to play a great part in the show , that would be sugokku niceeey !

Hmm , my theory was correct.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Oct 26, 2013 4:48 AM

Aug 2010
Draakisback said:
I had some real issues with this episode. I read the novels a while ago but i do remember how much they skipped through in this episode. That doesn't really bother me though, what bothers me is that because of the parts they skipped there was a lack of motivation when
I thoroughly agree with you. They skipped some parts that let's say... wouldn't really influence the story by a lot, but add a lot of thoughtfulness.

The episode was better than the previous ones though. Hopefully they'll continue up like this. It looks like the adaptation will be going for a steady pace of 3-4 episodes/volume.
Oct 26, 2013 4:50 AM

Apr 2009
rodac said:
How refreshing it is to see people actually coming out and saying what they feel in episode four, rather than waiting for the last episode of the series. Despite her original fixation on Mitsuo, Koko has a lot of things going for her. This could be the romance of the year...

Very well said... I too have high hopes for this.. and it sucks waiting a week to see more!! lol :)
Oct 26, 2013 5:46 AM
Feb 2011
JarodShadowsong said:
What chapters of which volume did this episode adapt?

Chapters 4 and 5 from the Light Novel Volume 1
Oct 26, 2013 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
Seeing that Nana reference after I just got upto date with the manga was just a kick to the chest xD

Really good episode hopefully this will continue be as good as this episode was aswell :D
Oct 26, 2013 6:44 AM

May 2013
Best episode so far

*insert cringey anime reference here*
Oct 26, 2013 7:36 AM

Mar 2008
- I have not read any of the Golden Time median, and choose to look at this in the anime point of view such as any other anime, I have given comments or reviews for. Just want that to be known, since in my opinion judging one media from another media, never plays out well. It's just judging one play that was based on another play, plots are the same but the direction are different.

This episode probably the worst episode so far for this series, just seems like the pace was working nicely and then this episode throws all this information without a lack of in-depth character development details, along with many important event's occurring at once.
Now about the episode itself, the more I think about it, and the occurrences of events in this anime. The more I see, as a set-up for the Linda,Koko, and Banri drama that will occur very soon the anime. The question that gets to me, is what does Mitsuo and Oka play in this drama? With little to no development, can't make an idea yet whether they will be major players later in the story. One thing is for sure, that Oka is probably the most mysterious character in the story so far, wouldn't surprise me if she becomes a person that will create a turning point in the story. I decided to look back at the past three episode, to see of any hints of what the Old Tada Banri was like. Since those past memories are the key to this drama, from the looks of it so far that Linda and Tada Banri were a lot closer then I previously thought. In episode 2, Tada Banri was chatting with Linda and I guess, subtle but the response that Linda gives to him. Seems like are hints for Tada Banri to remind him of his past.At the same time, the way Linda has been acting very reserve and didn't tell him of his past or having known her, suggest that she doesn't want remind him or she want's him to make his own steps to remember his past. The other thing, that it could be that Tada Banri was waiting for Linda at the bridge, and might of felt guilty of situation. Any of these three is a possiblity for the amount of information so far, the next episode is the start of the real drama story for Golden Time.
From the response from many in this thread that the Banri Confession is too early, I pretty much agree with this sentiment, This probably means there is going to lot's of drama at the pace this episode puts the story in. Usually, I see from early confession's that is relates to some major drama in the later part of story. Will Tada Banri disregard his past self and remain his new self? or will forget his new self and become his old self? This is probably the choice he probably going to make later in the story. While I don't agree with a early confession, its just a wait and see what the director decided for the next episode. For now, this episode will get a pass, or for rating purpose a 7/10, too many events happening at once and sort of kind of dissipating the essence of the romance part of the story. By the way, Bad Banri, that is awful for Banri in confessing to Koko when she is on a emotional state or dating terms on the rebound that's never the time for such a thing.
Oct 26, 2013 7:37 AM

Jan 2013
Oh look a triple romance of awkwardness.
Oct 26, 2013 8:12 AM

Oct 2007
OMG!! loved the NANA reference <3 <3
Oct 26, 2013 8:26 AM

Nov 2010
Great one with Mitsuo finally telling Koko off
and Banri confessing a while after

Koko was really Loko when she went to that performance
Was Nana a reference to the other old classic?

The end was nice with showing Tada's history with Linda
Oct 26, 2013 9:30 AM

Dec 2012
OMG KOKO. You went way too far :3 I feel bad for her though even though she's one of those spiteful type of characters. Loved the cliffhanger :3
Oct 26, 2013 10:11 AM

Oct 2013
So far is a solid adaptation of the source material minus one big complaint - pacing.

While Kouko's dance at the festival club can be addressed later in the series and show her clumsy, awkward side better - the whole concert scene was really rushed

lijenstinaOct 26, 2013 10:15 AM
Cemeteries are full of past winners.

Hypocrisy is about being your own marketing department.
Oct 26, 2013 12:30 PM
Jan 2012
I had a feeling Linda was somebody from Banri's past; lol nice forshadowing. Finally get a confession from Banri. Can't wait to see how everything plays out now that he is rediscovering his past.
Oct 26, 2013 12:47 PM

Apr 2009
Atleast we get Banri confessing in episode 4 not like in most animes where we have to wait a gajillion episodes before the guys mans up just to say "I like you"
Oct 26, 2013 1:13 PM

Jun 2011
:O
wasn't expecting this to happen this soon
Oct 26, 2013 1:52 PM

Oct 2010
The scene where Mitsuo rejected Kouko seemed kinda rushed. To be honest the whole episode seemed kinda rushed. Maybe that was necessary to fit it all in 24 episodes.
Oct 26, 2013 3:10 PM

Jul 2012
That plot twist/cliffhanger :O I wanna watch the next episode already!
Oct 26, 2013 3:15 PM

Oct 2011
My jaw literally dropped when Koko acted the way she did. Did full-on bitch mode Koko NOT BOTHER TADA AT ALL??? It's like her behavior was totally normal. Then he confesses. He just wants her in his pants. He fell for her because of her looks, not personality. I hate guys like that. I wish they would of made Koko grow up and mature more THEN Tada would see her improved personality and fall for her. Mitsuo is the only one that makes sense in the trio. I can see why he doesn't love Koko and I wish him all the best with Chinami because she is absolutely ADORABLE.
Oct 26, 2013 5:04 PM

Aug 2010
Yes Mitsuo!

And holy shit NANA!
Oct 26, 2013 6:00 PM
Nov 2010
I really enjoyed this episode. The lines, especially by Yui Horie, were delivered so well. You could hear the frustration and the tears and got me so into the moment. x3 Can't wait to see the next episode!
Oct 26, 2013 6:33 PM

Jan 2010
after seeing the picture of banri and linda i already have a conclusion about the story

-linda follow banri in the college school, then it appears that linda want banri to join in their club to recall his memory, ( its like a " Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai" kodaka-banri, yozora-linda ) maybe linda follow banri to do unknown club in ep 3, and appears she want to save banri that banri thinks its coincident. well this is my idea how this anime run, watching" Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai" gave me this idea :)
Oct 26, 2013 7:46 PM

Jun 2012
I want the Banri x Linda pairing anyways so hopefully koko just becomes a cat lady.
Oct 26, 2013 10:05 PM

Oct 2010
Wow what an episode. This ep really sold me. Before, I was always watching halfheartedly, worrying about how it could turn into a NTR since I couldn't connect with Banri, but instead took sides with Yana. The fear of that made me unable to truly appreciate the flow of the story.

After seeing how ungrateful Yana is, I've finally began to view the situation from a more respectable point of view. Someone who would easy cast aside all those times and memories, and the efforts of someone who truly tried her best to be perfect for him doesn't deserve her. This is made perfectly clear. Although some people reply that I'm only saying this because I don't know how it feels to be stalked/ creepy and because she's pretty/or whatever, it doesn't change the fact that the act of willingly changing yourself for someone you like is respectable, even if she has trouble expressing herself. Being yandere clingy isn't a reason why she should just be waved off. Love is inherently selfish.

Banri's confession at the end hit home again. Now his previous sympathetic sentimentality all of a sudden seem more sincere. This isn't some doujin visual novel. Not everyone waits for you to take your damn time choosing a heroine, and heroines don't just "fade out" into the background foreveralone when you choose someone else. They move on with their damn lives.
Oct 26, 2013 10:11 PM

Jan 2013
I'm aghast how soon Tada confessed to stalker-chan. It gave me a sour impression to me on his character even more so then from episode 3. It's like he was scooping out Koko ever since having pity from Mitsuo-san's treatment.

I thought he may of been a patient guy but he's somewhat a hypocrite (maybe that's the wrong word to use) how he talks to Mitsuo then from Koko. I rather watch Mitsuo's and sweet Chinami's relationship progress then Tada/Koko. Did I mention that damn OP is a dam spoiler? Thanks JC Staff...

With episode 5 coming with Linda senpai I am looking forward to seeing her get some more screen time and make the show better. It sickens me what may occur towards Linda thanks to that OP. Maybe it'll get better but for now ugh.

I'm even more aghast by some of the comments I am reading. Like "Tada's the boss" what is this? Even towards Yana. And the above post for example. reaction: *mouth wide open.* Am I living in the twilight zone? Yana ungrateful? Did someone not listen to what Yana said the importance of Koko is to him? Let's ignore how Yana feels, right? "Love is inherently selfish." That says it all. What garbage!
radleOct 26, 2013 10:20 PM
Oct 27, 2013 3:58 AM

Jul 2011
^ You're talking about someone who has completely lost his memory and doesn't know anyone anymore and he wakes up every day with the fear that his memories can come back and that his present self can actually disappear anytime.
Oct 27, 2013 4:41 AM

Feb 2012
WOOT! A nana reference :D I picked Nana up just before watching the new ep, so really happy I saw it there ^_^ now I'm looking forward to seeing other references~

and, now I'm hating Kouko -.- the way she was so bitchy to Chinami, man those people are annoying~ I'll probably like her again after she gets better from this stalkerness and stuff, but for now she's just interesting as a character -_-

hmmm didn't expect them to be developing the romance this fast, but it seems like Linda will come in and put the Banri-Kouko thing off for a little while, interesting :3 and speaking of Linda, I LOVE HER WITH LONG HAIR ^_^ though she has a charm with that short hair too :3

yeah Mitsuo! I love how he was so straight foward and honest with Kouko, even after her continuously talking about them being a couple, way better than most anime characters that would just stumble and sound unsure~

Banri's returning home? nice, really like his development too :3 he seems afraid of losing who he is now, but I doubt he will~ but it's really sad of his parents treating the new him like a different person -_- i don't like them~
Oct 27, 2013 5:19 AM

Jan 2013
ainky said:
^ You're talking about someone who has completely lost his memory and doesn't know anyone anymore and he wakes up every day with the fear that his memories can come back and that his present self can actually disappear anytime.

Say what? Huh? You aren't making any sense to the comment I made to my observation of Tada's character with Koko and Mitsuo thus far.
Oct 27, 2013 5:19 AM

Jul 2010
Things are getting serious. I really wonder how this is going to last 24 episodes.
Oct 27, 2013 5:42 AM

Aug 2012
Poor Chinami T_T it was a fun episode, NANA surprised me and the confession was good. Needs more 2D-kun though, he's hilarious XD

please keep getting better and this will be the romcom of the year :D

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Oct 27, 2013 8:06 AM

Jul 2011
radle said:
ainky said:

Say what? Huh? You aren't making any sense to the comment I made to my observation of Tada's character with Koko and Mitsuo thus far.

You have just judged Tada's behavior as a normal person without analyzing the whole situation. The form in which a person is interacting with other people depends from multiple factors. It was rather reductive.
Oct 27, 2013 8:25 AM

Oct 2011
OMG dat ending scene : 0. Now I wonder what Tada was like before the accident?
Oct 27, 2013 12:23 PM

Jan 2009
Giriene said:
Atleast we get Banri confessing in episode 4 not like in most animes where we have to wait a gajillion episodes before the guys mans up just to say "I like you"

If you are lucky a hold or kiss lol

Banri was like a boss but that third wheel mechanic oh noes
Oct 27, 2013 2:00 PM

May 2008
It was good, But missed a lot or some important parts in this episode..
people who read the manga know what parts so let's leave at that and enjoy the series.
Oct 27, 2013 2:26 PM

May 2012
woah... dat ending doe...
Oct 27, 2013 2:51 PM

Oct 2009
lol NANA
Oct 27, 2013 5:11 PM

Jun 2010
Oooooooooooooooh shit just got real.

We're just at episode four and yet things are getting slightly serious. Makes me wonder how more serious the romance/drama can get considering it have 24 episodes.
Oct 27, 2013 6:08 PM

Dec 2008
What a great episode, I can't wait to see how this love triangle will turn out.
Oct 27, 2013 6:52 PM

Jan 2010
Instead of a well deserved slap the bitch gets a confession out of nowhere. Yeah right, dropped.

Oct 27, 2013 6:55 PM

Aug 2008
Goddamn, Chinami's so adorable! Who can hate on her? Fuckin no one can; it's just impossible.

I really hope things do work out between her and Mitsuo.
Oct 28, 2013 8:12 AM
Aug 2011
This is finally becoming entertaining.
Oct 28, 2013 8:15 AM

Jul 2012
Is Kaga gonna apologize to poor Chinami or not? :/ I know she feels sorry and all, but she has to apologize. It's just not excusable. I'm glad Mitsuo finally stood up and pushed Kaga away.

So, yeah I have mixed feelings for this episode. Kaga ticked me off completely in the first half. But then the develop between Kaga and Banri was decent afterwards. I'm glad things are pushing forward instead of him hiding his feelings for the rest of the anime.

Also, lol Nana.

Erzaa said:
My jaw literally dropped when Koko acted the way she did. Did full-on bitch mode Koko NOT BOTHER TADA AT ALL??? It's like her behavior was totally normal. Then he confesses. He just wants her in his pants. He fell for her because of her looks, not personality. I hate guys like that. I wish they would of made Koko grow up and mature more THEN Tada would see her improved personality and fall for her. Mitsuo is the only one that makes sense in the trio. I can see why he doesn't love Koko and I wish him all the best with Chinami because she is absolutely ADORABLE.

kuuurt said:
There were some dericious developments happening, but I felt like the characters need a bit more time to grow before showing these kind of stuff to the audience. It's like I know something's happening, but nothing really is. I can't explain it thoroughly, but I'm still enjoying this series, so what the hell.

I agree completely.
Oct 28, 2013 8:30 AM

Jul 2013
They just rushed everything, and Mitsuo didn't say that he couldn't make Kouko happy, he said that she ruined his life, Kouko is just an annoying bitch, I don't know how the fuck you guys love her.
Oct 28, 2013 9:39 AM

Jul 2009
one word: NANA!!!
Oct 28, 2013 1:48 PM
Feb 2013
You know a character is good when they make it detestable and still you like it.

Linda best anyway.
Oct 28, 2013 2:01 PM

Sep 2011
kyaaa Nanaaaaa I miss you!!! T.T
Good episode
Oct 28, 2013 2:56 PM

Jul 2013
NANA was there!!! I knew it was NANA before she spoke, but I was even more excited when she said her name! AAAAHHHHH!!!

BEST...EPISODE...YET!
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Oct 28, 2013 2:58 PM

Jul 2013
I was happy when Mitsuo finally set the record straight. I wanted Tada to be with Linda the entire time, but he confessed to KOKO?! I still find her so annoying.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Oct 28, 2013 7:10 PM

Aug 2011
I really hope this will be a relationship anime and not just a kiss at the last episode kind of anime...
Oct 28, 2013 10:38 PM
Dec 2009
OMG Linda was Banri's GF ??? That's makes it so even more complicated .. He confessed to Kouka. Then he finds out Linda is his GF. What a way to start the day
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

890 by daviddark27 »»
Apr 18, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

244 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.