3It was OK
8.9%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
1.3%
Average 4.5
79 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2009 7:24 PM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
good girl going bad, i like u, Rin.
u know is kind of crazy how deep in trouble she is yet she is not aware of it
in the next ep review, Rin looks like she was captured, lets she how she gets out of this one
GrumpyFeloFeb 15, 2009 7:32 PM

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Feb 16, 2009 3:00 AM

Jan 2008
gah, she got captured! :<
Feb 17, 2009 7:22 PM

Jun 2008
Well I didnt expect That she will get caught by the CGP so early.
Feb 17, 2009 8:53 PM

Jan 2009
This show always makes me think Damn we have to wait a whole week to see the next episode :( We knew from last week her brother was getting into something bad but wow, this was unexpected. I can't wait to see how things go.
Feb 17, 2009 10:33 PM

Feb 2008
well well shes iin too deep now. those GGP are setting everything up. hopefully that report got some good pics.

i bet those anti-government guys are going to break her out, and she will be a full fledged rebel.

see doesn't matter how advanced your ride, without skill you're just a kid with a cool toy.
Feb 17, 2009 11:20 PM

Oct 2007
Whether or not its been done before, the government in this case is definitely not cool. It's pretty much doing whatever it wants and reports lies. I mean, granted those dumbass gangsters were causing havoc, it doesn't really justify killing them. I'm pretty sure now that Rin is going to end up joining the rebels, if not wholeheartedly, maybe she will aid them a little here or there when their agendas coincide.

It doesn't seem like there is enough episodes though this season to get to a decent closing point. I guessing there is a high chance that there will be a second season.
Feb 18, 2009 2:19 AM

Aug 2008
Could have been paced better but still awesome as hell. Rin pwned those white-rides with ease! And she wasn't even using Fuego!
I was wondering, if they can keep up the atmosphere I can even go with a ridiculous story (i'm talking more about eps like ep 4.).

I'm not sure it was confirmed in the episode but it felt like the whole bikegang thing was a setup so ggp could test their new toys.
KvakondFeb 18, 2009 5:03 AM
Feb 18, 2009 6:03 AM

Jul 2008
Another really nice episode, I'm so addicted to this ! Nana Mizuki has perfect voice for Rin and Rin's personality is awesome and those RideBacks are cool !

Rin is so good at riding a RideBack !
Noo, GGP DX

Feb 18, 2009 6:56 AM

Jan 2008
AegisReborn said:
I mean, granted those dumbass gangsters were causing havoc, it doesn't really justify killing them.
I agree, but then there was that one scene where that one gangster swung a bat towards the (innocent) driver who was looking out of his window. It seemed to imply that he had killed him. If this was the case, I can't say the gangsters didn't deserve it.

Anyway, one thing worries me: the preview for the next episode gave us a glimpse of voltage meters and what looked to be Kenji screaming (though it could've been someone else).

...oh dear lord... please don't tell me Rin gets tortured. O_O
Feb 18, 2009 7:48 AM

Aug 2007
Feb 18, 2009 8:30 AM

Mar 2008
Awesome episode. Next episode looks even better. Damn this weekly release thing T_T.
Feb 18, 2009 11:37 AM

Nov 2008
Such a cliffhanger in the end! Even if Rin can run now, they know who she is. Obviously, GGP is going to use her brother's guilt to make her serve them.

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Feb 18, 2009 11:55 AM

Aug 2008
Dolce_Vitka said:
Such a cliffhanger in the end! Even if Rin can run now, they know who she is. Obviously, GGP is going to use her brother's guilt to make her serve them.
Well she just totaled two shiny new white-rides and injured the officers driving them, during a semi-official government arresting operation, so she can worry about herself too
Gin-E said:
...oh dear lord... please don't tell me Rin gets tortured. O_O

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger ^_^
Feb 18, 2009 12:27 PM

Aug 2008
I'm not liking Rin too much anymore. I just don't get what's going through her mind when she makes these fantastical decisions. They tried to explain her getting Shouko with a weird "It's my fault" deal that didn't make any sense this episode. I wonder what her excuse will be this time.

The government is kind of equally ridiculous also. Regarding ridebacks, I think it's strange that they didn't have rideback testing for government purposes before it being out for public use. That just seems very backward to me.

I don't know now, this is the halfway point and we have two main storylines: Rin and her discovering Ridebacks, and the whole Government stuff. We also have two sidestories: Kenji, and Tamayo's family politics. It looks like Kenji's stuff is coming to a close and that the other three are coming together, but I'm not sure how successful it will be, especially when we factor in UglyNose and WhiteHair.
Feb 18, 2009 1:09 PM

Jul 2008
Nice episode ! I can't wait for the next one.
Feb 18, 2009 1:23 PM

Aug 2008
noteDhero said:
I'm not liking Rin too much anymore. I just don't get what's going through her mind when she makes these fantastical decisions. They tried to explain her getting Shouko with a weird "It's my fault" deal that didn't make any sense this episode. I wonder what her excuse will be this time.

The government is kind of equally ridiculous also. Regarding ridebacks, I think it's strange that they didn't have rideback testing for government purposes before it being out for public use. That just seems very backward to me.

They probably had but they could use some public support to legitimize getting their ridebacks out on the streets asap. The media is always talking about them too. But I'm just guessing.

On the other matter, Rin probably doesn't think in these adrenalin filled situations. That's why she was shocked thinking back on her own actions the previous time. It's probably to make the story advance quicker.
Feb 18, 2009 5:31 PM

May 2008
At least one dead and maybe more, some serious cases of road rash, and a biker gang that got set-up by the GGP for their testing of the White Rides. Just love it when a government throws its weight about in manipulation. Public relations can drum this up perfectly for public support of the White Ride; who's gonna care about a vandalizing street gang with RideBacks that got slaughtered before the White Rides were even legal and all?

As for Rin, I don't think she was really thinking at all. And if her brother wasn't involved, the GGP wouldn't have first hand knowledge of how a RideBack responds to her. Or that their White Rides just got their asses handed to them by a teenage girl. And hey, who out in the field really needs to know that she's not a terrorist after all?

Feb 18, 2009 6:10 PM

Nov 2008
This just keeps on getting better. Waiting a week for an episode is too much D:

My guess is that the GGP will try to use Rin because of her skill, but after seeing how merciless the white ridebacks were, she will end up with the rebels.

noteDhero said:

I assume that the government didn't create the ridebacks. Some private cooperation created them, and the government has just decided to use them. It's not like the (real) government is going to test every care they use before letting the public use them.
Feb 18, 2009 6:53 PM

Nov 2007
Omggg, RideBack you are awesome. I really thought Rin's brother was gonna get hurt there, and she'd go psycho on their asses but luckily he wasn't (and she was badass anyway). Can't wait for next week, although I was hoping the fight would be longer.

Her brother is in so much shit right now, what a dumbass. (Well, Rin too.)
Feb 18, 2009 8:05 PM

Jul 2008
I really don't wanna wait another week now, the cliffhanger was insane, and the episode was excellent. Rin certainly did a good job of throwing herself intot he middle of it, though. She really is a terrorist now, everything considered. Still, Kenji is a giant dumbass and I feel like punching him.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Feb 19, 2009 8:17 AM

Mar 2008
Cool episode action-wise, though there are some issues for me (again) like in episode 4:

I also think that the gang was hired by some government guys in order to have an excuse for testing those ridebacks. But personally I think that's pretty unrealistic and stupid. They can test them even without (like noteDhero already mentioned) doing such weird and illegal stuff (Police-RideBacks weren't approved yet) - not to mention killing an unarmed criminal who had already surrendered.
I don't think the biker with the baseball bat killed the driver. Killing didn't seem to be their intention, they just wanted to have some "fun".

Another thing: I really don't think Rin is a realistic character. I understand that she lost her mother and deeply cares about her brother, but going against the official police again, but this time without a helmet to cover her face? She would have a reason if they attempted to kill her brother, but it seems like they wanted to only arrest him because of his age.

Last: What did she do after finishing off the 2nd police RideBack? She could easily pick up her brother with the RB-arms and then escap in the opposite direction of the roadblock. With her skill, I bet she would have been able to take the same route they came. Moreover there was a forest to shake off that chopper. But just standing there and looking surprised? MEH!
Mar 21, 2009 10:47 AM

Oct 2008
Stupid Kenji..

It's a great anime but it definitely lacks action. I thought Kiefer will appear to aid Rin again but on the other hand, it is too risky to do so. I wonder what type of Rideback is Kiefer riding..
Apr 8, 2009 4:37 AM

Jan 2008
She sure knows how to get herself in trouble.
Sep 19, 2009 8:41 AM
Jul 2009
awesome!
Jan 1, 2010 11:18 AM

Sep 2009
Wow, this anime is getting amazing, love how rin is becoming a criminal, and her skill :O
she defeated to white riders with that crappy rideback :O
No sig :(
Apr 7, 2010 9:36 AM

Sep 2008
Awesome episode. That's one mean cliffhanger... but it really was an excellent episode.

It's annoying that she keeps getting in trouble when she tries to save those around her. D: I really did think her brother was going to get seriously hurt or killed... and then she interfered, saved the day, and got cornered pretty quickly. Now she's a terrorist? Auuugh. (And yes. Her brother IS stupid... Getting involved with a stupid bike gang... Yeesh...)

It'll be super interesting to see where things go from here, though!
Oct 11, 2011 5:44 PM

Sep 2011
Ewwww, what am I standing in???
oh yeah, deep shit.
Nov 6, 2011 9:22 PM

Mar 2009
That was overkill indeed and Rin was brave.
Jan 28, 2012 5:55 AM

Jun 2008
AegisReborn said:
Whether or not its been done before, the government in this case is definitely not cool. It's pretty much doing whatever it wants and reports lies. I mean, granted those dumbass gangsters were causing havoc, it doesn't really justify killing them. I'm pretty sure now that Rin is going to end up joining the rebels, if not wholeheartedly, maybe she will aid them a little here or there when their agendas coincide.

It doesn't seem like there is enough episodes though this season to get to a decent closing point. I guessing there is a high chance that there will be a second season.

Lets not forget that they where doing shit because that guy told them he will give them those ridebacks if they broke some shit. Seeing how the government was expecting them it's obvious that they hired that guy to find a few punks and give them ridebacks with instructions to cause trouble so they can test their new white-rideback police force.
Mar 3, 2013 12:32 PM

Jul 2011
wait... why did she decide to start up the Rideback? She'd freakin' OBVIOUSLY GET ARRESTED. At least grab your damn brother and get the hell out of there. WTF?
I don't understand what the hell is going through her head.

It was pretty sweet when she tripped the Rideback cop though.
Mar 24, 2013 8:41 AM

Mar 2009
Would love to see how Rin gets out of this one! I just hope that whatever happens to her doesn't change her personality.
May 22, 2013 1:14 PM

May 2012
Oh boy now she's done it, I wonder what will happen with her, but damn she sure got some nice moves!
Aug 23, 2013 9:37 PM

Jan 2013
How will she get out of this situation.
Much better than last episode
Apr 6, 2014 5:04 AM

Aug 2013
And she got caught. Stupid brother -.-
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 1, 2014 6:03 PM

Feb 2013
Rin has no luck. Busted!

How did she control that rideback so well with the assist still on? or did she learn how to shut that off? ... maybe it doesn't matter...

What a cliffhanger! The reporter saw everything, wonder how that will turn out for GGP.
Jan 25, 2015 12:56 PM

Mar 2010
Rin is a innocent rebel. I like it a bit.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 21, 2016 4:39 AM

Jul 2008
Rin really doesn't realize the shit she's gotten herself involved in huh?
Apr 29, 2016 8:38 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Rin seems to spend most of her time with her dress up around her waist.....sort of like a flasher. Nobody needs to look at her face by this point. They can identify her by her underwear. Now about her brain dead brother....it seems as if they are living in a police state so what did he think would happen when he takes off in a destructive spree? So here is hoping that brother gets jail time and Rin gets some pants. 7/10
Jul 22, 2016 9:43 PM

Sep 2013
NOOOOOO!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 17, 2021 11:11 AM

Aug 2017
Rin got captured but if the reporter took photos of that secret police killing people then it could cause issues to the CGP.

We've reached the halfway point of this anime. So far, its quite good, some minor issues but nothing serious.
NurguburuJan 17, 2021 11:15 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 2, 2021 7:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn the white RideBack, Rin had to saver her brother and it was pretty good but now she's in a very bad situation, I wonder what will happen next
Nov 6, 2023 9:16 AM

Dec 2022
Called it. Was obvious that Kenji would end up handicapping Rin at some point, even if he did so unintentionally.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

» I am so disappointed by this show

Dorothea - Mar 22, 2009

10 by DishonoredRonin »»
Nov 26, 2023 3:48 PM

Poll: » RideBack Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

id - Mar 29, 2009

102 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 6, 2023 12:42 PM

Poll: » RideBack Episode 11 Discussion

Beave - Mar 24, 2009

43 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 6, 2023 12:14 PM

Poll: » RideBack Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WaterLily - Mar 16, 2009

87 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 6, 2023 11:44 AM

Poll: » RideBack Episode 9 Discussion

Beave - Mar 10, 2009

35 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 6, 2023 11:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.