Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 17, 2013 5:13 PM

Sep 2013
"But it's creepy." "Eh!" :D

That was mean pepper spray then wood to the back of the head :p

So the Mother was murdered. I wonder if the Dad lived?

I'm willing to bet the Tesaro is in the telescope, is the telescope, or the telescope will have something to do with finding it.
Oct 17, 2013 5:40 PM

May 2012
00:35 KIRITSUGU!!!!

06:39 Oh Bambino <3

08:15 dat Garireo otaku

16:36 fishdroid

20:03 teh pig got owned

21:20 ...

7/10 for this ep.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 17, 2013 5:43 PM

Dec 2008
Ramkec said:
What's that up in the sky?
Is it a Bird?
Is it a Plane?
Nope, It's GOLDFISH! And its Armed!

Brilliant!
Oct 17, 2013 5:48 PM

Sep 2010
what...the...fuck????

(i cant stomach how fucking retarded 'Galileo Tesoro' sounds, thats not proper italian grammar, nor any romance language for that matter)
Oct 17, 2013 6:30 PM
Oct 2010
Catastrophic said:
what...the...fuck????

(i cant stomach how fucking retarded 'Galileo Tesoro' sounds, thats not proper italian grammar, nor any romance language for that matter)
Well, after all the Engrish we've heard in anime, something like this is not really surprising... It's more like the standard.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 17, 2013 6:33 PM

May 2012
I just hope the mother is not dead.
Oct 17, 2013 6:40 PM

Aug 2013
I just really like that one lady's hair.
wow gay
Oct 17, 2013 6:57 PM

Dec 2012
I am really liking this show. That is all
Oct 17, 2013 6:59 PM

Jul 2012
Definitely has one of the strongest OSTs in this fall season. Really adoring the piano and galatic music~ :) Must DL once it's released!

Pretty good episode! I like the whole fantasy sci-fi feel. It's very cool, considering most of this seasons shows are either action or sports or comedy. Glad to know that the middle sister has her own talents too.
Oct 17, 2013 6:59 PM
Jul 2013
This show's hooking me right in!
Oct 17, 2013 7:01 PM
Oct 2012
Well, that certain answered the question of which is my favorite animation this cour.

I thought this show was aimed at a younger age bracket, and while the Japanese are willing to let their kids see some violence and sex, that they showed the mother with that much blood shows that this show is aimed higher. Excellent.

And they brought up geocentrism again, so that wasn't a translation error. Excellent. Massive conspiracy in play, show willing to do a bit dark (though not too dark, I would lay 5-1 odds the mother and father are still alive and will have to use their genius to escape from the evil father and son, who, unless I am wrong, are not the "final boss" or anywhere near to it), so this bodes extremely well for the future. And the second daughter stepped up big time, so we were right that she would prove to be the physical kick-ass one, this transforms her emo personality brilliantly. I can't recall an Emo/Chuunibyou character who is actually this physical, taking down that cop and then going for the killer blow was perfect.

It's still early, only the second episode, but right now there is so much they can do with this show, that one can't help but to be excited for the next episode. Onwards and upwards!

Edit: tesoro means treasure, so they are looking for Galileo's treasure. Given the info this episode the 4 girls are going to have to find the other six documents to put together the clues to find it. So this is going to become a quest animation, probably a race against the Sky Pirates and the Evil Son. So that will probably take up the next 10 episodes. What the treasure is I have no idea, but it has to do something with Geocentrism. This could go 1 of 2 ways: 1) the universe is actually heliocentric and this has been covered up by the government. Possible given the myth of Galileo's trial (the trial wasn't the myth, but what most people think about it is), that would be fine, but I am sort of hoping that the world IS geocentric. That would require some really fun and creative writing to pull off.
Takuan_SohoOct 17, 2013 7:08 PM
Oct 17, 2013 7:52 PM

Jun 2012
Great show really. It seems almost no one can be trusted in this series. They sure a going to have it rough. I mean, more than it is already. Poor parents, mom shot in the head and daddy with that rocket in the back. If he's still alive, he sure must have a hell of a backpain.
Oct 17, 2013 8:09 PM
Oct 2013
Was it just me or did that guy pull a RPG out of nowhere?
Oct 17, 2013 8:28 PM

Sep 2009
1.) I think the last drawing thing is the blueprint she found in the attic

2.) THAT GIRL BETTER NOT TURN OUT TO BE EVIL AND BE USING HOZUKI. But i'm sure it's gonna happen judging by the opening....
Oct 17, 2013 8:37 PM

Aug 2013
Shinimiras said:
Welp, this one was a disappointment. Why have someone captured in the first place if they get rescued during the same episode. The pacing was just too fast here for my liking, like an amateur writer hastily covering the lead-up so they can get to the "good" bits of their story.

They had them get captured so they could show that the cops are they enemy as well, and to set up whatever fate the parents meet/have met.

Minoans said:
Was it just me or did that guy pull a RPG out of nowhere?

Hammerspace.
Oct 17, 2013 9:38 PM

Aug 2012
Definitely a lot of potential here, can't wait to see if it pans out.

The evil son reminds me of Raul Creed somehow.
Oct 17, 2013 9:46 PM

May 2011
Not a bad episode at all. Hozuki's little small robot was pretty interesting. So literally everyone's is after the sisters' inheritance, can't say I like where this is going but looking forward to the next one. Looks like things got pretty intense at the end.
Oct 17, 2013 10:01 PM

Feb 2010
Inugirlz said:
koudez said:
DAFUQ HAPPENED TO HOZUKI'S GOLDFISH?! I NEED CLOSURE DAMMIT!!!

I KNOW RIGHT. The whole time i'm like STOP TALKING AT GO GET THAT FISH SOME H2O. Ugh i think it died though :(

Yeah, I'm thinking it did... :( This bothered me the whole episode also. WTF no closure.

I also hope Mom and (at least) Dad are ok.. we'll see.
Oct 17, 2013 10:06 PM

Jan 2013
Not really into it. But, maybe it's my fault for being distracted by nonanime related thoughts.
Oct 17, 2013 10:08 PM

Sep 2008
What happened to the goldfish?

I doubt their mother was killed. Probably just hit on the head with something.

Hozuki seems to be the creator of everything deus ex machina in this show.

I think they are trying to do too many things at once with this show. They need more episodes to spread the content out so they don't introduce so many characters and plot points every episode.
Oct 17, 2013 10:43 PM

May 2008
Looks like both the Mother and Father is going to be dead for the rest of the series. Or not? Maybe? god dam i wanna know what happens next. The plot still is not quite clear to me.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 17, 2013 10:52 PM

May 2010
Damn cliff hanger man i wanna know, what happen next hope the mom not dead.
Oct 17, 2013 11:46 PM

Aug 2013
Nooo Mama :(
RIP goldfish. You will be missed :(

At first look you'd think this is a show aimed at kids, then you remember this is actually a late night show.

Hozuki is a genius. Kazuki is a badass. So is having knowledge of the law Hazuki's special ability? O__o

Wow at Anna's super drill hair. The whole time I was thinking: "Akari's dango bazooka has no chance against those." Hope she doesn't turn evil.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 17, 2013 11:56 PM
Mar 2012
My suspension of disbelief is getting challenged.

Let's see:
A young girl built a large armed airship and a mecha suit from scratch at age 10.
After seeing her family get backstabbed and kidnapped. She accepts help from the shady lady who knows too much.
With shady lady's help, she then proceeds to save her family in her self made mecha made out of plot armor.

I understand Noitamina's 11 episode limitation can be rough, but too many things happen too conveniently.

Oh well, should it be a trainwreck, at least it'll look pretty.
SailorMintOct 17, 2013 11:59 PM
Oct 17, 2013 11:59 PM

Jul 2012
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE GOLDFISH POWER.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Oct 18, 2013 12:18 AM

Jul 2013
The ending of this episode is questionable, I'm not sure if the mom is dead or not, so as the dad since he got hit with that rocket launcher, and is the goldfish alright too? But anyway, Hozuki really is a genius for making all of those machines, that fish mech was pretty sweet, but I just hope that with this show, she doesn't have a mecha or device to solve every situation, it would be boring by then, and I would really like to see what the other two sisters can do.
Oct 18, 2013 12:21 AM

Sep 2011
Don't worry. The goldfish is immortal.
Oct 18, 2013 12:37 AM

Nov 2007
Looks like the pirates were more humane than the corrupt cops! Inb4 we know that Cicinho is actually a good guy and we get Cicinho x Hazuki.

This anime is still fun to watch even though Mama and Papa seem to be in dai pinchi.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 18, 2013 12:52 AM

Jun 2012
Not sure how old Anna is, but from the ending + ED theme it almost seems like she'll become their mother figure, or at least the one who brings the sisters closer together. Though, as cool as she seems, I'm still not certain I trust her... Hozuki seems to not trust her too much either, yet, and Kazuki did say she's smarter than she looks.

Got a feeling the blueprints Hozuki mentioned, or something related to them and the Galileo/Goldfish is the "Tetero". Or they are at least connected to it. But, I guess that's probably a bit obvious.
Oct 18, 2013 12:59 AM
Mar 2011
i dont know why but I thought the best scene in the episode was when the second sister gave the little sister candy and said, "hurry up and take this candy bitch." Also the, "who the hell is this girl" moment was also good.
taj69Oct 18, 2013 1:23 AM
Oct 18, 2013 1:29 AM

Jun 2013
shanimebib said:
Looks like the pirates were more humane than the corrupt cops! Inb4 we know that Cicinho is actually a good guy and we get Cicinho x Hazuki.

I couldn't agree more , that would be nice and ..
*Hazuki Ferrari added to my waifu list*

Decent episode , I'm loving the plot , the ost , the op/ed and all. The seventh clue/drawing intrigued me sooo much , I do think somehow Hocchii had already seen the seventh. Anyway , no reasons to not love this , one of my fall favourites.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Oct 18, 2013 3:21 AM

Dec 2007
Am I the only one who thinks this show looks like Jojo at times? :D E.g. when the police officer was like "Are you Hozuki Ferrari... ! YOU AREN'T!" or when what's-he-called with red hair started spouting all that crap back in ep.1? :D

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
Oct 18, 2013 5:15 AM

Jun 2011
WTF Shit just got real at the end, poor mama. Some parts were really rushed like they skipped the moment Anna tied up those cops and get onto the ship.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 18, 2013 5:19 AM

May 2011
Mama might have just committed suicide. She wanted to prevent the secret of the inheritance to be exposed, and also mentioned by the Mafia dude that he had a problem.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Oct 18, 2013 5:28 AM

Jan 2008
The goldfish mech's are getting kinda annoying.
Oct 18, 2013 5:40 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
This is fun to watch. Even with the ridiculously tech-savy sister.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 18, 2013 8:40 AM

Oct 2013
I hope the mother isnt dead.
Oct 18, 2013 9:33 AM

Jun 2010
So good!

Damn, I think Papa and Mama is dead :/

I'm guessing the goldfish is dead too :(
Oct 18, 2013 12:09 PM
Oct 2012
DeviFreakMint said:
My suspension of disbelief is getting challenged.

Let's see:
A young girl built a large armed airship and a mecha suit from scratch at age 10.
After seeing her family get backstabbed and kidnapped. She accepts help from the shady lady who knows too much.
With shady lady's help, she then proceeds to save her family in her self made mecha made out of plot armor.

I understand Noitamina's 11 episode limitation can be rough, but too many things happen too conveniently.

Oh well, should it be a trainwreck, at least it'll look pretty.

The entire premise of this show is that the Galileo family is a group of super geniuses. That was established in the first episode, so that Houzaki can build a skyfish by the age of 10 or so is a state of nature, that is what supergeniuses do, talking about "disbelief" here is idiotic. It's like watching the Lord of the Rings and staying "I can't believe this because it has elves".

As for trusting "shady lady", what other choice did she have? She had no idea what to do, she had to put her faith into someone, and hearing that the lady's experience (and wounds) corresponded with what Houzaki just experienced was the deciding factor for Houzaki. The animation even showed this, watch her reactions both to when the lady told the story and when she saw that her hand was damaged. Houzaki is, as her sister said, smarter than she looks, and this animation thinks the audience is smarter than they sound here because they don't feel the need to say and show everything (the people here bitching that they didn't show the lady tying up the cops really need to attend remedial classes, they had just shown the lady lay out a cop, do you think she would have an issue dealing with them after she had a machine gun covering her - do you really need EVERYTHING spelled out for you)?

As for the mini-fish. Again, nature of the super genius to build things. Given what Houzaki's goal for her skyfish was it isn't surprising that she would have something to allow her to do EVA.

As for plot armor: light weapons don't fare particularly well against armor, so it isn't surprising that the cops couldn't stop her. But the show had some realism with the cooling system being damaged, she didn't build a perfect machine and that the cops were hitting her quite frequently.

I know that this show isn't for everyone, if you don't like the whole concept, don't watch it. But don't whine about the premise of the show for well following the premise of the show. It makes you sound like a moron.
Oct 18, 2013 12:33 PM

Jun 2013
Not to sound like a heartless bastard, but am I only one who didn't like the mum that much, I mean granted, I don't hate her, but I just don't care about her
Oct 18, 2013 2:53 PM

Apr 2012
Did no one else notice they stole the sound effects for that mobile suit from the movie Aliens! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSrcMaid0mg

Cheeky buggers! lol
Oct 18, 2013 2:58 PM
Feb 2013
What. The. Fuck?
A bunch of things happened but the how they happen don't make any sense. In other words, awesome.
Oct 18, 2013 3:49 PM

Jul 2012
BadassKatana said:
Not to sound like a heartless bastard, but am I only one who didn't like the mum that much, I mean granted, I don't hate her, but I just don't care about her

It's not just you. I don't really love her either.
Oct 18, 2013 4:04 PM

Jan 2011
"Papa, I failed."
Mamma is probably not dead, unless she is not main character enough in that case her plot armour wasn't strong enough to survive the bullet or whatever it was.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 18, 2013 5:16 PM
Oct 2008
So both of their parents were killed... damn that escalated quickly
Oct 18, 2013 6:37 PM

Mar 2008
Goldfish, mom, dad, down for the count. Not a good start. Hopefully the sisters can stay alive.
Oct 18, 2013 7:02 PM
Mar 2013
So, I can't find any info about this, will it be a 2-cour ?
Oct 18, 2013 7:53 PM

Feb 2012
Really liking this show!

It's a shame it's only 11 eps. Or maybe it's split-cour? Hopefully it is since it's quite splendid so far.

Also dat ending. I hope the mom is ok.
Oct 18, 2013 8:39 PM

Jul 2012
CRadu said:

11 episodes so far.
Oct 18, 2013 10:42 PM
Mar 2013
mayukachan said:
CRadu said:

11 episodes so far.

Meh, I thought it will be split, with the other one coming in Winter or Spring maybe. Oh well...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

160 by andreariona »»
Nov 3, 2020 5:04 AM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

91 by Vindicater »»
Jul 12, 2019 7:20 PM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

79 by Vindicater »»
Jul 9, 2019 10:24 PM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

56 by Vindicater »»
Jul 6, 2019 3:13 AM

Poll: » Galilei Donna Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

114 by Liddo-kun »»
Mar 18, 2019 4:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.