Forum Settings
Forums
UQ Holder
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2013 11:44 AM

Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That laid back leader I like him. And he explain that being isn't as grand as many thing. Anyway the monster in here sure have a bad stomach to have their disgesing process that long.
NeoAnkaraOct 16, 2013 11:58 AM
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 16, 2013 11:51 AM

Aug 2013
That immortality doesn't seem so great anymore...

Oct 16, 2013 12:12 PM

Mar 2012
Imortall preception of time is something. Two year is like nothing for them. And I just notice that it seems the leader didn't really know Eva so maybe she isn't one of the founder of UQ Holder.

And other thing is that what the hell is that blurred cucumber?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 16, 2013 12:40 PM

Jun 2010
NeoAnkara said:

It's a common joke used for every worm-like creature. Probably because sea cucumbers have a quite nasty defense mechanism: they "vomit" a sticky white substance on their attacker that looks like sperm... so they are like a man's genital (haha...) and have to be blurred out so you won't have to see them. You know... phallus-symbol and everything.
Or this thing is just too ugly to look at... ;)
Oct 16, 2013 12:47 PM

Aug 2010
Yamishiro said:

Yeah, that's actually pretty damn inconvenient <_<

But well it's actually nice for the plot. Because it would be a bit boring if the MC is an OP character with no weakness at all ^^

And it was nice seeing how there r different types of immortality too hehe

Anyway nice chap...liking the leader. He seems fun. Lol at the reason he's down there XD U wouldn't want to get on Yukihime's bad side with food then XD
Oct 16, 2013 12:57 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
well that was a very casual reaction to getting your arm eaten lol

Yamishiro said:

getting locked up at the bottom of the sea as a living head for eternity seems pretty merciless yes :3

Nokogi said:
NeoAnkara said:

It's a common joke used for every worm-like creature. Probably because sea cucumbers have a quite nasty defense mechanism: they "vomit" a sticky white substance on their attacker that looks like sperm... so they are like a man's genital (haha...) and have to be blurred out so you won't have to see them. You know... phallus-symbol and everything.
Or this thing is just too ugly to look at... ;)

It's more of a fact than an opinion that Sea Cucumbers are one of the most disgusting creatures on Earth.
Oct 16, 2013 1:06 PM

Nov 2011
>Bring it on!
Touta better get his A-game on if he wants his arm back L
I guess being an immortal has its limitations.
Oct 16, 2013 7:31 PM

May 2011
It's really lacking the charm the Negima had in the beginning. Hopefully when this gets its first big arc, it will pick up hard.
Oct 16, 2013 7:37 PM

Mar 2012
RockerXD said:
It's really lacking the charm the Negima had in the beginning. Hopefully when this gets its first big arc, it will pick up hard.
Negima didn't even have action before it have at least two volume.
Oct 16, 2013 8:11 PM

Jul 2008
RockerXD said:

It's easy to say that when you didn't start Negima with one chapter a week :P.

Negima was boring and generic as fuck until the school festival arc which start around chapter 80. Even if I'm generous and I say the first thing remotely interesting Negima managed to do was the Kyoto arc, we still had 30-40 chapters before it.

This is chapter 8 and more stuff happened in this than in the first twenty or so chapters of Negima.
Oct 17, 2013 10:48 PM

Jun 2012
Shangetsu said:
RockerXD said:

Negima was boring and generic as fuck until the school festival arc which start around chapter 80. Even if I'm generous and I say the first thing remotely interesting Negima managed to do was the Kyoto arc, we still had 30-40 chapters before it.

This is chapter 8 and more stuff happened in this than in the first twenty or so chapters of Negima.
Personally I think the difference is more that this has started as an action, and Negima originally wasn't an action, but a romantic comedy, like Akamatsu's previous works... then slowly it evolved into an action series. Negima also was always kinda clear about its intentions (imo)... I think UQ Holder is good and all, but so far there's not really anything that I'm craving to know, other than just what exactly the plot is, and what Ken's intentions are with this series. I enjoyed Negima from the very start honestly... and I watched the anime first, and loved it (and that didn't even have any of the action part)... of course it was nothing compared to the manga.
Oct 18, 2013 9:19 PM

May 2011
Shangetsu said:
RockerXD said:

Negima's start may have been slow, but the character intros/build up had better payoff once the action got rolling. And tbh, i actually liked the romantic comedy aspects.
Jan 19, 2014 2:42 AM

Aug 2011
Barion-Zara said:
Yamishiro said:

Yeah, that's actually pretty damn inconvenient <_<

But well it's actually nice for the plot. Because it would be a bit boring if the MC is an OP character with no weakness at all ^^

And it was nice seeing how there r different types of immortality too hehe

Anyway nice chap...liking the leader. He seems fun. Lol at the reason he's down there XD U wouldn't want to get on Yukihime's bad side with food then XD

Exactly what I wanted to say...
Aug 8, 2015 12:17 AM

Jul 2015
Beautiful chapter 5/5
Oct 17, 2017 5:05 AM

Dec 2013
A fate worse than death is terrifying!

More topics from this board

Poll: » UQ Holder! Chapter 192 Discussion

G_Spark233 - Feb 8, 2022

15 by HibiChika »»
Dec 31, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » UQ Holder! Chapter 150 Discussion

animalia - May 1, 2023

0 by animalia »»
May 1, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » UQ Holder! Chapter 149 Discussion

animalia - May 1, 2023

0 by animalia »»
May 1, 2023 7:07 AM

» Ending

Radtoter - Apr 24, 2022

13 by Radtoter »»
Dec 4, 2022 7:23 PM

Poll: » UQ Holder! Chapter 184 Discussion

zkl_ - Jun 8, 2021

15 by otakukid »»
Dec 3, 2022 11:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.