Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 10, 2013 6:54 PM

Mar 2013
Oct 10, 2013 7:09 PM

Mar 2012
I don't know how I feel about Haruto's judgment and thought process. He chose to not have sex with Saki. That's fine. I applaud that. But instead, he chooses to bite L-Elf on the neck. I mean, he could've compromised and had Saki as his rune regeneration source (via biting)! And L-Elf didn't even resist! But I suppose I'm simply not being progressive enough.

In other news, I have no idea where this series is going and I'm still following it. What kind of voodoo magic did they cast on Kakumeiki Valvrave?
Oct 10, 2013 7:19 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
tezann_t said:
I don't know how I feel about Haruto's judgment and thought process. He chose to not have sex with Saki. That's fine. I applaud that. But instead, he chooses to bite L-Elf on the neck. I mean, he could've compromised and had Saki as his rune regeneration source (via biting)! And L-Elf didn't even resist! But I suppose I'm simply not being progressive enough.

He wanted L-elf to suffer together with him because they are both in this together. He didn't want Saki to suffer.

tezann_t said:

In other news, I have no idea where this series is going and I'm still following it. What kind of voodoo magic did they cast on Kakumeiki Valvrave?

That means the series is actually successful unlike the naysayers. It's one of the few series I can say I actually look forward to the PLOT DEVELOPMENT. It can keep your interest even when you take it seriously.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 10, 2013 7:21 PM

Sep 2012
Valvrave is back and it's as glorious as ever.
Look at Saki offer herself to Haruto, but him being the true gentleman he is, declining her offer.
So now L-Elf is Haruto's chew toy.

Zhou said:

Would be hilarious, if Haruto rapes L-Elf.

This needs to happen.
Oct 10, 2013 7:46 PM
Jul 2012
Slow start, but definitely hyped for this. So, Magius took over Dorrisia am guessing? And now they are prepping their pilots for the force the pilot feels piloting a thing similar to the Valvrave to combat the originals. NO PENETRATION! Hope we get to see more of Unit 6, its really OP. Just wack almost anything enough times with its hammer and its hacked. So, now runes are starting to be bigger in their role. Valvrave 01 can equip other Valvrave spare parts, wait. WHEN DID THEY HAVE SPARE PARTS!? I really want to see Dorrisia's new units. Also, new Shoko is kinda hard to take seriously. Still wish we had gotten a 1 hour 1st episode special.
Oct 10, 2013 8:02 PM

Nov 2007
Looks like the main guy is bearing himself not to do such thing to idol girl. And that robots are not moving after meeting of #2 (sounds like the soul of the first and second are siblings) and the main guy not wanting to do that thing. Now Elf-san became his own resource for vampire action. He also plans to stop the curse.

OP song at the end was nice.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 10, 2013 8:13 PM

Oct 2007
Shirubaasouru said:
02:04 Monster Magius lol

02:13 yay mecha action

05:25 oniichan

11:50 Takahichan <3

14:44 i'd love to do it

That was kinda disappointing. 7/10 for this ep.
Both by SUNRISE but Gundam Build Fighters really got owned hard.
This season is f-gold, minus the lame-s KLK.

The baitest post. Also man is MAL shit. Of course this thread is mostly full of shitposting.
Oct 10, 2013 8:28 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Of course this thread is mostly full of shitposting.

It's actually better than season 1. The advantage of a second season I guess.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 10, 2013 8:36 PM

Jan 2013
IZEROII said:
Rape free for one episode and counting.

But it's back. Let's see how this progresses to wrap itself up.

Let us not forget:
http://i.imgur.com/hFaumgw.jpg
Where's the other two?
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Oct 10, 2013 8:43 PM

Sep 2013
YES!!!! NO TIME SKIP :D

Alright 2 months, but that's not bad.
Oct 10, 2013 9:08 PM

Apr 2011
rushed episode way too fast
Oct 10, 2013 9:09 PM
Jan 2013
i thought season 1 was good but this is way better finally learning about the valvraves
Oct 10, 2013 9:10 PM

Apr 2013
Whatevs. See how it goes
Oct 10, 2013 9:13 PM

Feb 2013
So happy!! I thought season one was good, but this is great. Looking forward to watching the rest of this :)

Am i the only one that find Akira Renbokouj cute? :3

~Shiz about to get realz.
Oct 10, 2013 9:16 PM

Nov 2007
Woohoo~ the random anime is back! Gotta say I am going to enjoy this show after what I have gone through during the first 12 episodes!

Can't pick between Shouko and Saki but L-Elf any day for Haruto! :D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 10, 2013 9:18 PM

Aug 2011
Decent premiere.

I wonder what kind of crazy stuff Sunrise is going to pull off next. Last season's rape scene is quite hard to beat. XD

Obligatory naked Shoko and Saki in the OP just like S1. Thx based Sunrise.
Oct 10, 2013 9:24 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, that was good.
was me it or was saki waiting with the humans or a look alike lol.
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Oct 10, 2013 9:28 PM
May 2013
No valvrape this time...i'm disappointed...
Oct 10, 2013 10:09 PM
May 2013
Pknoctis said:
Haruto should've just gone ahead and done Rukino.

i look down at your mentality...

Sorayin said:
Valvrave is back and worse than ever...

how the fucking hell is this worse than season 1!?
Oct 10, 2013 10:15 PM
Oct 2010
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Shirubaasouru said:
02:04 Monster Magius lol

02:13 yay mecha action

05:25 oniichan

11:50 Takahichan <3

14:44 i'd love to do it

That was kinda disappointing. 7/10 for this ep.
Both by SUNRISE but Gundam Build Fighters really got owned hard.
This season is f-gold, minus the lame-s KLK.

The baitest post. Also man is MAL shit. Of course this thread is mostly full of shitposting.

I'm surprised you understand what he said.. I try but his statements could mean different things.
Oct 10, 2013 10:33 PM

May 2009
So Haruto prefer to rape L-elf rather than saki huh? Well i'm ok with that.
Oct 10, 2013 11:28 PM

Sep 2012
The episode pretty much started off where it left off, which is fine. It was a fun episode. I like Shoko's character development. Also more Akira and L-elf!
Oct 10, 2013 11:56 PM

Jun 2009
giamon said:
So happy!! I thought season one was good, but this is great. Looking forward to watching the rest of this :)

Am i the only one that find Akira Renbokouj cute? :3

~Shiz about to get realz.

I too find Akira quite cute, looking forward to seeing more of her
Oct 11, 2013 12:00 AM

Sep 2007
What is this HarutoxL-Elf shit in my Valvrave?
Oct 11, 2013 12:03 AM

Feb 2013
Well, well, well, after almost 4 whole months, Valvrave the Liberator has come back. And it was glorious...

Now, interestingly enough this episode lacked the twists it's predecessors had, but that didn't limit the awesomeness. First things first, we learn that the vampiric species known as the Magius, have a Council of 101 that the leaders of the world answer to, however, they usually don't mess around with human affairs. So pretty much, as long as you remember who's the boss and stay in your place, the Magius let you do what you want. You cross them, and there will be consequences. From the way they were talking in the beginning, Dorssia had some part in the Valvrave's creation, that they tried to do behind the Magius' backs. However, they caught him and made him one of them. One thing I noticed was that that though Amadeus had a clover symbol on his cells, he still have the Triple V symbol on his skin. My theory is that the symbol on the cells is a specific clan symbol (Cain talked about different clans in the last episode) and that the Triple V is the symbol for ALL Magius. Haruto has the three VVV's on his cells because he was infected by one the original Magius progenitors which is Pino.

We see a nice reunion between Pino and her elder brother Prue ("Pino" is Italian for "pine", and "Prue" is Italian for "prow". I don't know if that has any relevance, but I thought it interesting.), but poor Prue's Valvrave body isn't mature enough to withstand battle, so he and Cain retreat. However, it's interesting that Prue knows about JIOR and hates them. I wonder how much there's mecha faeries know and how much they're involved?

As for Neo JIOR, they arrive at the moon sanctuary and spend two months there in peace, reinforcing their image as heroes of peace and justice. Shoko has her hands full as the new PM and she's beginning to see how hard politics actually is. The kids really do know nothing on how to run a country which is really why the ARUS is running all over them. I mean, how you expect to run a country kids, when not ONE of you knows anything about accounting?! So, in order to find more information on their fellow countrymen and on the Valvraves, L-11 (who takes a large backseat in this episode) organizes a plan for them to head to Earth for answers. However, Haruto's vampiric hunger is getting worse and worse and he's falling apart.

We find that he's really the conduit for ALL the Valvraves, and that he must feed on human information through their blood that comes in the form of runes, in order to power the machines. Because he signed the contract, he no longer has a choice but to attack humans and feed all 5 mechs. However, that makes me question why the others had to sign contracts as well, if Haruto's the only one who has to feed and the only one who is affected by the machine's power drain. And what was will his condition when he was with Saki, he looked completely different then with red eyes and claws. And he didn't bite her neck even though he had opportunity. So what happened there?
Well, anyway, Haruto has chosen L-11 to be his living battery and will feed off of only him when needed. L-11 needs the Valvraves to work for his own purposes, so he allows this. I don't know how long this symbiotic relationship will last though, especially if L-elf and Haruto are somehow parted. And what will be the long-term effects on L-elf. We see that one of the key factors in changing a human into a Magius is the exchange of runes via the biting of the neck, all that's left is weird alien magic chants to be spoken. However, since Haruto was infected by a progenitor, will the multiple exchange of runes be enough? Also, if Haruto must feed to power Pino, who powers all the Valvraves, will Cain have to feed to power Prue for his own set of VVVs? I don't think our powerful blond will have a problem with that, but it's interesting seeing more and more information on these machines and the aliens that power them.

Other than all that we just learn some other minor things like the Dorssians are making their own Valvraves, Cain's last name is Dressel, H-9 is more suspicious than ever, but he's not going to find much support from his colleagues. L-11 may have taken a liking to Shoko, but I don't know how far it will go. Shoko can become friends with anyone, but I think she still has eyes for Haruto. She's still unfortunately, one of the most oblivious characters here.

Lastly, Haruto wants to find a way to become human again and destroy the Valvraves, though we already know from the time skip that that's not going to happen. Becoming a Magius is pretty much a permanent thing, and since the Magius are still in charge more than two centuries into the future, then I'm going too say that they are more than likely going to join them in the long run.

This was a very good first episode and I am ecstatic as to what is in store. I give this episode an 8/10. The best is yet to come.
Oct 11, 2013 12:17 AM

Mar 2013
Cabron said:
IZEROII said:
Rape free for one episode and counting.

But it's back. Let's see how this progresses to wrap itself up.

Let us not forget:
http://i.imgur.com/hFaumgw.jpg
Where's the other two?

http://i.imgur.com/rpFZFfY.jpg
Oct 11, 2013 12:20 AM

Oct 2011
how "self-consciousness" it was, I was afraid they will give plot that makes sense but it's good old stuff: conspirators in egg-shaped hats (very intimidating), sparkling space vampires, people going emo and doing weird things.
Because why not.
Oct 11, 2013 12:32 AM

Nov 2011
So now L-Elf is the battery for Valvrave, huh.

Look like the enemy will have humanoid mecha soon. About time, what's the fun on seeing spaceship battling a mecha?

So far so good.

Oct 11, 2013 12:42 AM

Apr 2009
Shoko seems like an entirely different person now, really. I know, I know, character development, but I miss jingle bells.

Alright first episode, much more grounded than I've come to expect from the show though.
Oct 11, 2013 12:55 AM
Feb 2013
skudoops said:
I've been wrong all along. Here I thought I needed to be interesting, funny and attractive for women to want me! But Valvrave taught me it is as simple as rape!

No, no, you still didn't understand. You need to be bitten/injected by a Valvare, be overwhelmed by the nanobots or whatever it is in your blood, start fucking someone who is first surprised but actually likes you already and let you do it, and then she'll offer sex afterwards again. This is what this anime teaches about real life.

;-)

Also, 'liking' or not, you DO realise you can get sex just by paying money, right? For that, you don't REALLY need to by funny, interesting or attractive. :-)

Raito said:
Valvrave is back and it's as glorious as ever.
Look at Saki offer herself to Haruto, but him being the true gentleman he is, declining her offer.
So now L-Elf is Haruto's chew toy.

Zhou said:

Would be hilarious, if Haruto rapes L-Elf.

This needs to happen.

Agreed. I know some dudes here all are touchy about anything even looking yaoi from afar, but, in the interest of equilibrium and fairness, I think there should be a pseudo-rape scene with L-elf or another boy there too. At least, it would get the feminists off our back, satisfied as they would be that finally a man is being (semi) raped too, instead of always a girl. Everyone happy. (Well, except the homophobes.)

:-p
AnimageNebyOct 11, 2013 1:03 AM
Oct 11, 2013 12:59 AM
Oct 2013
Love how Saki appeared BEFORE Shoko when Haruto was nearly killed by L-ELf.
SAKI X HARUTO 4EVER!!
Oct 11, 2013 1:02 AM
Sep 2012
Yup. Just as stupid and retarded as I remembered it.

This season looks like it's going to be even more entertaining than last season. All that's missing is the L-Elf rape scene to make this a masterpiece. ;-)
Oct 11, 2013 1:46 AM

Jan 2013
Well that was alright.
I didn't like the first season much
Oct 11, 2013 2:33 AM

Feb 2011
LOL at Haruto refusing to feed on Saki, instead he is okay to suck L-elf's blood. I can see a yaoi doujinshi coming out soon! :) I can't wait what will happen in the next episode

Anyway, the new opening song Kakumei Dualism sounds alright to me but i still prefer preserved roses :)
Oct 11, 2013 2:49 AM

Oct 2009
So i am guessing Saki likes rape :D?
That was a pretty good start and the animation did seem better.
T.M.Revolution x Nana Mizuki OP again? Awesome but not as good as the last.
Shoko seems very different :O

So Haruto rather suck L-Elf than Saki huh?
AozureOct 11, 2013 2:52 AM
Oct 11, 2013 3:57 AM

Feb 2011
LOL'd @ Saki tempting Haruto again.

And I'm disappointed with the ED , the previous ones were so much better.
Oct 11, 2013 4:05 AM

Oct 2012
Valvrave is back, Trollko still isn't dead but she's now a president. Saki just offered herself up on a plate for what's his face but he rejected her in favour of his fuck boy eruuff. I'm glad this shows back I missed it, it's one of my guilty pleasures.
Oct 11, 2013 4:18 AM

Jul 2009
'The Energy Source of Everything In The Future - Runes.
Runes are most easily created by consuming blood.'

And it's totally renewable, as long as you don't have too big a population that needs to consume it.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Oct 11, 2013 4:39 AM

Sep 2012
Sourire said:
metalman21 said:
I really hope haruto and saki end up together
I really hope she dies somehow.

Haruto should choose Eruerufu.
Oct 11, 2013 5:20 AM

Apr 2011
Good start.

Eru erufu is back :D

I can see more Akira next episode. Nice.
Oct 11, 2013 6:34 AM
Feb 2012
Fuck it. I ain't sitting through another season of this mess. It may be pretty on the outside, but rotten inside. Dropped.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Oct 11, 2013 7:21 AM
May 2013
GuiltyKing said:
Fuck it. I ain't sitting through another season of this mess. It may be pretty on the outside, but rotten inside. Dropped.

Just like Code Geass
Oct 11, 2013 7:32 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
GuiltyKing said:
but rotten inside.

Care to elaborate more?
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Oct 11, 2013 7:53 AM
Jul 2018
GuiltyKing said:

Hehe that's pretty odd coming from a guy who seems to like Guilty Crown and Code Geass.
Oct 11, 2013 7:57 AM

May 2010
Oh god its back. everyone strap in, its gonna be a bumpy ride with BS around every corner.

now we volunteer for rape now? so you done it once now its ok?

ahh how ive miss this shitstorm
Oct 11, 2013 8:00 AM

Mar 2013
Yaoi moment with l-elf and haruto 0_o
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Oct 11, 2013 8:03 AM

Sep 2011
god these people...

Well anyway I would like to say the episode is better than S1 1st episode.
I would like to say I like it that Haruto has balls not to run away by dying and let someone else take over the issue. And i see they resolve the Rune and random rampage issue. Better so have a douchbag who has give you so much crap to share the suffering than having the people you care about suffer(jesus christ with these yaoi fangirls....).

My favorite part is when Haruto took Unit 3's spare arm and beat the crap out of unit 2.
Oct 11, 2013 8:16 AM

Mar 2012
Exblaster said:
GuiltyKing said:

Just like Code Geass

u wot m8
Oct 11, 2013 8:21 AM
Jul 2013
Damn, one crisis after another. I feel restless after watching this. Good thing they resolve the feeding on humans part but I wonder how long will L-elf last. A nice episode, I admit
Oct 11, 2013 8:26 AM

Apr 2013
RediceRyan said:
Well that was alright.
I didn't like the first season much
nobody did.. we watch it for the lulz
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2013

474 by valoon »»
Nov 27, 2023 7:19 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

336 by AZakuII »»
Aug 10, 2023 9:31 PM

» The Child's parent is (spoilers)

Renaultclio101 - Jan 9, 2014

40 by silenceblade »»
Sep 15, 2022 7:47 AM

» Is Kakumeiki Valvrave gonna have a 3rd season?

stanklem28 - Dec 21, 2013

14 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Nov 9, 2021 12:52 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

128 by VirginAmirul »»
Mar 29, 2021 8:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.