Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 11, 2013 8:44 AM

Jul 2010
Here we go again .. Sad episode, no rapes this time ):
Also, I really hope that many characters will die this season.

IZEROII said:
Let us not forget:
http://i.imgur.com/hFaumgw.jpg

We shall not forget.

GuiltyKing said:
Fuck it. I ain't sitting through another season of this mess. It may be pretty on the outside, but rotten inside. Dropped.

http://www.tickld.com/images/gif/2202ca75470304ff347209073b44cb2c.png
Oh, but the OP and the mecha design is fairly good.

Sourire said:
We watch it for the lulz

^
Oct 11, 2013 8:48 AM

Feb 2013
shioricchi said:
Sourire said:
metalman21 said:
I really hope haruto and saki end up together
I really hope she dies somehow.

Haruto should choose Eruerufu.

Haruto did choose L-elf. ;)
Oct 11, 2013 8:56 AM

Jul 2011
Haruto has just chosen wrong...
Oct 11, 2013 9:30 AM

Jan 2008
Sourire said:
nobody did.. we watch it for the lulz

You'd be surprised. It's actually a combination of mostly intentional "lulz" and stuff the show doesn't do too badly, so liking it isn't that hard, provided you aren't completely serious about the experience.
Oct 11, 2013 9:46 AM

Feb 2012
And Valvrave is back. Time to enjoy the ride.
Oct 11, 2013 9:50 AM
May 2013
ainky said:
Haruto has just chosen wrong...

Yeah... Let's all just think with out genitles and fuck Saki like a fuck doll, making both feeling more guilty, pity, and further straining their relationship.
ExblasterOct 11, 2013 12:12 PM
Oct 11, 2013 9:51 AM

Jun 2013
Well well...They are finally Back....

I have said to myself 100 Times and More...I F***ING HAT Q-VIER!!! That Kuso Gaki Is Treating Human Lives AND War Like GAME!!!!! And He Freaking Killed AINA!!!!! I hope Akira or Maybe Kyuuma is Better Kill Him...VERY PAINFULLY AND HE BETTER DIE WITH A SCREAM!!!! (usually when/if anime's Character is acting like Q-vier I don't care about it...But Something About Him IS Seriously Pissing me OFF!!!)

So Cain Just Got Very Powerful Valvrave...Human hating Program in it....And Magius is Already in Move and Making Immortal Humans.... Ok Very Good Start...Now Let's See how good is New Opening....

...well it can wait....Just Confirmed My Total Hate Toward Politicians at Least This Series Ones...They are Leading them like Sheep.....Fuck!!!!! oh and they are in Dorssia's Pay Check. of course...

So Reason Haruto attacks People is to get Fuel to Valvraves eh...This Nice....Finally Explanation for that....Oh pooh...We did not get to see Akira's Brother's Reaction about her Piloting Unit 6....
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Oct 11, 2013 11:30 AM
Feb 2013
Elite60 said:
Certainly feels like Episode 13 of S1 but it's only the first episode. I'm sure things will go really crazy very soon.

I agree.
Oct 11, 2013 12:15 PM

Sep 2012
Watching it again reminds me why I love this series. It is not just the good sakuga but we see good development of the story. We now have a better grasp of what makes Valvraves move (the Rune) and more information about Magius (the 101 Council), even a bit about the sibling relationship of the first two Valvraves. As far as I see, the main cast developed on what they went through in the first season and none of them changed more than what we should expect them to. Shoko now wants to do well in her job as prime minister (particularly after recovering from seeing her father die); Haruto has gone far from being a wimp but he still wants to keep his principles intact (and I love how he came back to the theme of "half" when he talked to L-Elf); L-Elf has become more appreciative of people around him but he surely has not forgotten his final goal; Saki keeps to her idol strength and she still cares about Haruto a lot. And we even get to see a bit into the relationship within the fighting team at Dorussia side. Cool.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 11, 2013 12:24 PM
Oct 2010
BTW did anyone else find it super interesting that Haruto's Valvrave can use spare parts from the others seamlessly? Is there really anything stopping him from attaching more arms and using all the other valvrave's weapons?
Oct 11, 2013 12:25 PM
Jan 2010
this show is literally the worst
Oct 11, 2013 12:25 PM
Feb 2013
Dunno what's going on but it's still freakin entertaining.
Oct 11, 2013 5:38 PM

Aug 2012
By far, the most entertaining show this year.
Oct 11, 2013 11:11 PM

Sep 2010
Brigandi said:
god these people...

Well anyway I would like to say the episode is better than S1 1st episode.
I would like to say I like it that Haruto has balls not to run away by dying and let someone else take over the issue. And i see they resolve the Rune and random rampage issue. Better so have a douchbag who has give you so much crap to share the suffering than having the people you care about suffer(jesus christ with these yaoi fangirls....).

Let's recap what Haruto actually offered:

Good and bad things, the whole package called his life right now. He wants to share this with L-Elf. It's a matter of trust. He doesn't trust either girl enough to handle him it seems and it makes perfect sense: his motivation to pilot was Shoko's death (she's a victim he can latch to excuse his actions; he experienced her loss once) while Saki was someone he could rely on until episode 10 events where she became a victim, thus ruled her out completely as someone he could expect to watch his back. Hiding things from Shoko, pushing Saki away, with the delusion of 'protecting' them isn't actually love, but selfish desire to shield his feelings and stop feeling bad. Saki would have been truly happier if he had told her what he said to L-Elf, but he doesn't give a crap about her feelings. He doesn't want to hurt himself, it's a self-defense mechanism, don't believe for once of his 'heroism'. He was worried for L-Elf getting hurt before, but the difference here is that he can trust and open out with L-Elf while he feels uncomfortable with Saki and other people.

After all, this story, according to the scriptwriter, is a show to see how close Haruto and L-Elf will grow eventually. It's not a show about what girl will Haruto choose, that's secondary fluff that is unimportant. As of now, L-Elf and Haruto bond fuel Valvrave, quite literally.

He still fancies Shoko and feels regret for Saki, but that's it. I can barely call him their friend as how he's behaving. I hope that Saki gets snubbed more and more so we can move on with the plot and not the terrible "triangle" that has been a tumor to the first season, sucking the life out it with cheap melodrama. With Haruto and Shoko thankfully re-focusing their matters on what is pressing, L-Elf always having his head cool likewise, it only leaves Saki oh I'm so Lonely-Just K-Kidding Rukino to not derail the story again with her nonsense.

Amazing start just to put her in her place and have the rest of the cast straighten their act and carry the show.
ThessOct 11, 2013 11:24 PM
Oct 12, 2013 12:00 AM
Oct 2011
Sourire said:
metalman21 said:

+1
Ah, but if she still exists 700 years in the future, then I doubt so..

"Do you know where hell is? Inside your head" - Chrona=
"If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow" - Lelouch Lamperouge
"If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident" - Hei
"I want chocolate! No need for love!! Just give me sugar!!!" & "If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end" - Sakata Gintoki
Oct 12, 2013 1:04 AM

Dec 2011
Wow, they really waste no time do they? This first episode brings us straight into a fight and begins where the first season ended. I didn't expect the plot to pick up again so quickly and I'm not sure if that's good or not.
I like how there is a curse with the Valvrave's and that Haruto has decided to only 'feed' off L-Elf and destroy all the Valvrave's after because those things are just too damn powerful.

And hoollyyy that ED this episode :3 I love Nana Mizuki and TM Revolution collaborating, it's the best! I'm not sure if I like Preserved Roses better or not but both OPs are very good ^^
Oct 12, 2013 4:47 AM

Sep 2010
ChioneDyrken said:

+1
Ah, but if she still exists 700 years in the future, then I doubt so..

IIRC, the lady who is teaching the child isn't Saki but "someone who resembles her" officially. Pay attention there's a Magius mark on her thigh Saki doesn't have. I suspect that she got jacked (trailer scene: "Haruto! SAVE ME!") and could only recover the control of her body hundred of years later. It's all conjecture, but would make sense.
Oct 12, 2013 10:18 AM

Oct 2011
Valvrave is back!!!!!

Yes Many questions are being solved Many more to go.

Haruto needs blood to power up the Valvraves and the Dorseins are making their own version of the Valvraves.
Oct 12, 2013 11:01 AM

Dec 2012
I didn't like the first season, but I'm hoping that the characters have some development this season.
Though, after this first episode, I don't have much hope..
Oct 12, 2013 4:19 PM

Nov 2012
The crazy show is back! Off to a fine start though the battle ends up been cut short and a bit of a anti-climax imo. Still lots of info and I'm looking forward to seeing more of the Maguis this time.
Oct 12, 2013 5:21 PM

Dec 2009
One episode and already rape and stupidness. I think I made a mistake deciding to watch this second season.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Oct 12, 2013 7:54 PM

Jun 2011
I have a question because I am a fucking idiot who does not listen.

Do the other Valvrave Pilots have Space Vampire Hormones, or does just Haruto have them?
Oct 12, 2013 7:57 PM

Mar 2012
FastWheels said:
I have a question because I am a fucking idiot who does not listen.

Do the other Valvrave Pilots have Space Vampire Hormones, or does just Haruto have them?
It seems that only unit 1 and the one that Cain steal that is a special unit.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 12, 2013 8:13 PM

Jul 2012
WOOT, it is back and it continued right where the last season left off from.

Great episode!!!
Best summary of a season, EVER!!!
AversaOct 20, 2013 8:33 AM
Oct 12, 2013 9:00 PM

Apr 2010
Oh, hi, valvrave. I surely didn't miss you.
Oct 12, 2013 10:21 PM

Jul 2012
Oh god its back! the train is going full throttle and never plans to stop!

Awesome first episode, but just keep in mind every episode will be awesome just cuz it's Valvrave.
Oct 12, 2013 10:55 PM

May 2010
bastek66 said:
Meh, shitty start.

I agree 'sigh'
Oct 13, 2013 12:31 AM

Apr 2011
ill say this: if saki lives, and akira dies im going to fucking loose my shit. Akira makes me happy. good epd
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Oct 13, 2013 5:00 AM

Jun 2012
Episode was good, although, I'm a little disappointed that Haruto chose L-elf over Saki.
Oct 13, 2013 9:08 AM

Dec 2007
Is it just me or are the ears extra pointy this season?
Oct 13, 2013 11:24 AM

Sep 2009
okay, so it's here. And I have my final decision.. for the pairing.

I've been a fan of Shouku from prequel until now. And I've always wanted her to end up with Haruto. But ever since that bitch Saki showed up, now I'm so confused. I really hate Saki. I really hate her. I really hate these kind of characters. Also, I hate Haruto. I used to like him in the first episodes but I came to dislike him and I like L-Elf more than him. :P

So my final pairing is Shouko x L-Elf. I don't care about Haruto now :D
HAHA.
Oct 13, 2013 11:25 AM

Sep 2009
Sourire said:
metalman21 said:

AHAHA. nice one Sou :D
Oct 13, 2013 1:50 PM

Mar 2013
Kakumeiki Valvrape: The Second Cumming is finally here...
This anime has many more surprises to come and it's gonna hit me hard where I least expect it....
5/5
Oct 13, 2013 6:40 PM

Feb 2013
Picked up right where the first season left off.

Looks like this is going to be the "on earth" season.

So many pretty colors in this anime... I'm glad it's back.
Oct 14, 2013 2:26 AM

Oct 2011
I'm glad this show has resumed! Was dying of boredom.. :(
Can such a dream truely exist?
Oct 14, 2013 9:44 AM

Jun 2010
BURSSS BURSSS BURSSS SWAG

-GMCFosho
Oct 14, 2013 4:31 PM

Jun 2012
, and they jump right into the second season. It took a few minutes for me to even remember what was going on, but that means that they already got some content in the first episode.

Oct 14, 2013 9:40 PM

Jul 2008
So much going on this epsiode, looks like they are planning to get as much answered as quick as possible.
Oct 14, 2013 10:12 PM
Oct 2013
that awaken the beast commercial really is made for Saki and Haruto lol...
Oct 15, 2013 1:25 PM

Apr 2010
I thought this was an un-aired 13th episode. Didn't even know there was going to be a second season.

Oct 15, 2013 7:06 PM

Jul 2013
L-Elf x Shoko :)) I hope this will happen.

and not L-elf x Haruto
"Anything is possible if you stop doubting yourself, so put some more faith unto you!"
Oct 16, 2013 12:19 PM
Feb 2013
At least this settles all the emo-hysteria about she being 'raped' and all that. She voluntarily offered to have sex again with him. Or are people going to say she was 'forced' again?

No, I'm glad the case is conclusively settled by this episode, because some were behaving quite irrationally on this subject. I guess they must feel quite the fools, now.
Oct 17, 2013 5:49 AM

May 2013
Really good beginning, so much was explained. OP was ok i guess. 5/5
Wanna Haruto x Saki <3, and looks like L-elf x Shouko is also possible xD
Let justice be done, though the heavens fall.
Oct 17, 2013 6:00 PM
May 2012
So, what happened to the President then? Did he got blood-sucked by a Magius (?) after what they did to Amadieus (?) during the start?
Oct 18, 2013 9:17 PM

Apr 2009
It's back. And just as "irritaining" as it originally was. Quality "irritainment", alright. Lol at that in-anime "commercial". It's just like this show to be so... inappropriate and/or crass to its own controversies. Poking fun at the struggles of its own characters. We got to learn something new though: Haruto is required to attack people so their Valvraves can keep functioning. One could wonder just what kind of "attack" on a person gathers more power though...
Oct 19, 2013 1:51 AM

Jul 2008
Well the hiatus is over. I really hate how MAL splits up some shows, if the title of the series hasn't changed, then multiple seasons should be merged into one.

So now we know Haruto has no choice but to attack people. I wonder what else the Valvraves have hidden.
Oct 19, 2013 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Series beginning very interesting! * _ *
The episode is grafted well and with great involvement in the point in which the plot was interrupted. It comes back with new mysteries and interesting with some revelation that need to move forward in the treatment of the story. Narrative that does not make me bored, beatings and suffering have a good effect on my synapses! ASD
Good design, such as animations.
VI The red and black is even more badass! ^ _ ^

Stake promoted with honors, also because of the characters that have meanwhile taken a further characterization with regard to maturity! : D
Oct 20, 2013 2:02 AM
May 2012
Oh yeah S2, wanna see more about the Valvraves.
Oct 20, 2013 12:54 PM

Apr 2010
Already knew what was coming from season one and it's still so bad that it's fun to watch and that's a pretty unusual thing in anime, this also means there are some interesting topics to talk about here.
Which is also a nice thing things to point out during this episode was obviously the fact that the pointed out Saki's career which is totally unrelated to the story.
It was nice that we also did get some information that was relevant to the story.
And it ended with Haruto's naivety towards the end which suggest he was be surprised again somewhere in a future episode.
Oct 20, 2013 1:39 PM

Dec 2008
Glad the 2nd season is here, but I'm going to have to re-watch the 1st season to remember everything that's happened up until now.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2013

474 by valoon »»
Nov 27, 2023 7:19 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

336 by AZakuII »»
Aug 10, 2023 9:31 PM

» The Child's parent is (spoilers)

Renaultclio101 - Jan 9, 2014

40 by silenceblade »»
Sep 15, 2022 7:47 AM

» Is Kakumeiki Valvrave gonna have a 3rd season?

stanklem28 - Dec 21, 2013

14 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Nov 9, 2021 12:52 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

128 by VirginAmirul »»
Mar 29, 2021 8:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.