Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2013 6:47 PM

May 2012
01:33 first imp's: bad direction

04:06 Akiba da to?

08:57 dat pantsu otaku

13:45 chibiko u yourself's pretty messed up, as well

16:35 WTH、weirdoes are everywhere。

20:05 i'm sure lv.90 is no longer the level cap

20:58 that's why FP > TP/AS

22:37 pedos spotted

The fighting scenes were not even good. 5/10 for this ep.
Another disappointing MWAM new song. When will they release new songs that're as epic as their older songs?
Dat ED's pretty good.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 5, 2013 6:52 PM
Jan 2013
AirStyles said:
Grotex said:
Wait, is Shiro the main character? If so, than I am kind of upset from what I saw so far. I would have preferred main charter to be more out there and fight in front line rather than a strategist. I hope what I saw today will change in the future episodes...so for now I can't really say if I liked it or not.

What's so bad about being a support mage?

Staying at the back line, providing buffs/debuffs.

Precisely because of his role, he can never accomplish things alone(well, hard things).

Which makes the show very group orientated. It's a nice change from watching "My team fail, but I'm the hero, so I'll go "raaaahhhh!!!!!" and win this single handedly" type of swordman.

See things from the back line is a whole different experience compared to having the monster in your face all the time(tunnel visioning on the priority target while crying "heal!" "buff!" "debuff!")

i agree. also just becuase he is a mage dosent mean he cant fight in the front lines guess we will know more as the weeks go on
Oct 5, 2013 6:53 PM

Jun 2007
Grotex said:
Wait, is Shiro the main character? If so, than I am kind of upset from what I saw so far. I would have preferred main charter to be more out there and fight in front line rather than a strategist. I hope what I saw today will change in the future episodes...so for now I can't really say if I liked it or not.

You mean like SAO? No thanks, I think we can all do with fewer gary stus. Besides, something different is nice every so often.

Honestly, I can't see this series being any worse than SAO, which means it can only get better.
Oct 5, 2013 6:56 PM

Nov 2011
silkie said:
AirStyles said:
Grotex said:

Precisely because of his role, he can never accomplish things alone(well, hard things).

Which makes the show very group orientated. It's a nice change from watching "My team fail, but I'm the hero, so I'll go "raaaahhhh!!!!!" and win this single handedly" type of swordman.

See things from the back line is a whole different experience compared to having the monster in your face all the time(tunnel visioning on the priority target while crying "heal!" "buff!" "debuff!")

i agree. also just becuase he is a mage dosent mean he cant fight in the front lines guess we will know more as the weeks go on

It's definitely a nice change.
We have way too many MCs that just flat out run balls deep with a sword and woops everyone. This is more interesting as said, it's group-oriented and our MC isn't known to be some sort of invincible killing machine, but a strategist whom knows how to create the best outcomes in fights. That's exactly the kind of shit you do in MMORPGs, create a strategy, tackle on fights whether it be PVP or PVE and kick ass. I'd be very impressed if it can follow through the whole way with this because it was top-notch when it came to actually making you believe that this was a game with all the characteristics of a game it had.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Oct 5, 2013 7:12 PM

Jun 2009
Ragix said:
silkie said:
AirStyles said:
Grotex said:

We have way too many MCs that just flat out run balls deep with a sword and woops everyone. This is more interesting as said, it's group-oriented and our MC isn't known to be some sort of invincible killing machine, but a strategist whom knows how to create the best outcomes in fights. That's exactly the kind of shit you do in MMORPGs, create a strategy, tackle on fights whether it be PVP or PVE and kick ass. I'd be very impressed if it can follow through the whole way with this because it was top-notch when it came to actually making you believe that this was a game with all the characteristics of a game it had.

Yup, a well organized raid > Leeroy Jenkins
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2013 7:18 PM

Dec 2009
Crowd Control! Shiroe really lives up to his name.
Oct 5, 2013 7:37 PM
Jan 2013
Ragix said:
silkie said:
AirStyles said:
Grotex said:

you make a very good point there. i also like the fact it is group orientated its a good change seeing everyone working together to bring down the enemy also did anyone else notice the romance tag wonder if shiro and the ninja hook up that would be interesting now thinking of it she did blush alot at shiro if they add romance then that would be awesome thats all that missing to make it even better :)
Oct 5, 2013 7:40 PM

Mar 2013
AirStyles said:
Ragix said:
silkie said:
AirStyles said:
Grotex said:

Yup, a well organized raid > Leeroy Jenkins

Exactly. I just know Shiroe is going to pull something off big and impress us from a strategist point of view.

Anyways, pretty good first episode and the opening of this anime is pretty good. It gets you hyped to watch the episode!
Oct 5, 2013 8:11 PM

Mar 2012
Interesting start there. Shiroe being a strategist is what would make this good. We have three man party now but I hope that it will get bigger as the story progress.

I just realize that this is having 25 episodes. With that amount of time I'm sure that this will be enjoyable ride.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 5, 2013 8:21 PM

Jan 2011
Great first episode. I really like how Log Horizon shows more of the game elements like voice-chat, using commands to perform attacks and such. Haha, Akatsuki was a male at first but changed to a girl thanks to Shiroe's appearance-changing potions. She's a lot cuter now. :3 I really like the comedic moments in this anime. Something must have happened with the Debauchery Tea Party members since Shiroe is hesitant to join Marie's guild. Shiroe was DTP's strategist eh? That cat at the end looks badass. The OP is fucking awesome and very catchy. The ED is cute and is Akatsuki centric. :)
5/5
Oct 5, 2013 8:23 PM

Aug 2012
OP was pretty good. Let's see how this series progresses!
Oct 5, 2013 8:30 PM

Mar 2013
It seems like they don't have a care in the world about the situation they're in....wtf
And on top of that, they're already at level 90......curious where this is going...
OP was great, and overall ok episode.
Oct 5, 2013 8:32 PM

Jul 2010
have anyone noticed that Akatsuki maybe from a ninja clan in real life?
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Oct 5, 2013 8:34 PM

Mar 2012
itsTriz said:
It seems like they don't have a care in the world about the situation they're in....wtf
And on top of that, they're already at level 90......curious where this is going...
I think they are savvy enough to know what happen and what will happen if they careless. That's why Shiroe is strategist.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 5, 2013 8:38 PM

Apr 2012
You can't help but compare it to SAO but there is a big difference between them, This anime has Akatsuki and is 1000 times better than SAO imo <3
Oct 5, 2013 8:48 PM

May 2013
Nice first episode IMO, This is one of the animes I really waited this season. and Akatsuki-cwhaaaaann :3 kawaiii!! cant wait for the next ep :D
Tch.
Oct 5, 2013 8:52 PM

Aug 2013
I like it. Fortunately, I didn't watch SAO so I got to enjoy this without that nagging "oh this is like..." feeling. Though I did get that .hack vibe, still it was good.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 5, 2013 8:52 PM

Nov 2009
Talukita said:
IZUMI64 said:
So, How close the Rip-off?

It is, in fact, entirely backward from SAO lol (and I don't know if SAO has anything worth to copy to begin with), so what wakka9ca said.

SAO and Log Horizon aren't ripoffs of eachother
The times and dates of their releases proves that
Oct 5, 2013 9:20 PM

Jan 2011
so glad this didn't suck from all my days of MMO playing this one seem quite faithful to the aspects of it,liked how it didn't take it's self to serious so that's an plus

characters weren't half bad,only thing i'm worried about with them being max level i can't see them getting new loot(unless with the new expansion upped the level cap) minor problem but i like details like that, will give that other show credit for adding small stuff like that in.

plus dat OP lol so catchy ED was nice
Oct 5, 2013 9:26 PM
Jan 2013
itsTriz said:

i believe there lvl 90 because this isnt the first time the players have played the game from what shrio said he hasent played in 2 years if i recall that correctly
Oct 5, 2013 9:26 PM
Jan 2013
AmberFebruary said:
whys that?
Oct 5, 2013 9:32 PM

Nov 2011
NeoAnkara said:
itsTriz said:
I think they are savvy enough to know what happen and what will happen if they careless. That's why Shiroe is strategist.

Well, they did show quite a few of the adventurers in despair and almost fight, but I think the people of the world, AKA NPCs, diminished that since we have one side being all droopy, but then the NPCs energetic and happy. As for the MCs, they're more level-headed, the guy is a strategist, he wouldn't be getting anywhere if he panicked in every situation.

Also, being level cap actually allows them enough time to do other things in the game versus level up. There is an expansion which apparently has loads of new content and so it would be difficult for them to make just a 24 episode anime of them leveling, gearing up and at the same time keep up the pace with the story.(Plus explore the new content) This way though, they're already maxed out, so all we need to do is sit back and watch them interact with other players to understand the circumstances, explore the new world and so-on, while able to concentrate on the plot versus having to focus on so many different things. It also allows us, if they decide to do so, to get a better understanding of the world. Since they're maxed out they know the world already and can be our guide to help us understand what's going on versus having them clueless with us. They even did it in this episode explaining stuff like with the guild halls.

This is all just speculation of course, we won't know how it will actually be until we get deepr into the season.
Oct 5, 2013 9:36 PM

May 2010
Oh man it's another SAO again

Guess I will watch it just to kill time
Oct 5, 2013 9:36 PM
Sep 2013
olboyfloats said:
Very happy to see this is going to follow a group dynamic instead of just one MC. Also glad to see the feel is very different than SAO. I hope as the show progresses the constant complaining about it being a SAO clone goes away, because it seems like a fun show so far. :)

i wholeheartedly agree with every word of this.
Oct 5, 2013 9:37 PM

May 2012
Decent first episode. Cute badass lolis are always a plus in my book.
I'm sure being a retired WoW vet(I know, I'm cool) will help me enjoy this even more.
I haven't seen SAO yet so I've know Idea wut u foos talkin bout.
Oct 5, 2013 9:41 PM

Jul 2010
silkie said:
AmberFebruary said:
whys that?

the way she talks, refer to herself as ninja and her choice of "food"
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Oct 5, 2013 9:42 PM

Apr 2013
Ragix said:
NeoAnkara said:
itsTriz said:

Well, they did show quite a few of the adventurers in despair and almost fight, but I think the people of the world, AKA NPCs, diminished that since we have one side being all droopy, but then the NPCs energetic and happy. As for the MCs, they're more level-headed, the guy is a strategist, he wouldn't be getting anywhere if he panicked in every situation.

Also, being level cap actually allows them enough time to do other things in the game versus level up. There is an expansion which apparently has loads of new content and so it would be difficult for them to make just a 24 episode anime of them leveling, gearing up and at the same time keep up the pace with the story.(Plus explore the new content) This way though, they're already maxed out, so all we need to do is sit back and watch them interact with other players to understand the circumstances, explore the new world and so-on, while able to concentrate on the plot versus having to focus on so many different things. It also allows us, if they decide to do so, to get a better understanding of the world. Since they're maxed out they know the world already and can be our guide to help us understand what's going on versus having them clueless with us. They even did it in this episode explaining stuff like with the guild halls.

This is all just speculation of course, we won't know how it will actually be until we get deepr into the season.

During the episode though, they mention that they don't actually know the world very well now because of the added expansion; That there were new areas, monsters, loot, etc. which I'm assuming will lead to clashes with the guilds and PVP for it (that should be interesting if they go for that route). Also speculation, but the level cap might've been increased as well, as u see in some MMO expansions.
Since there doesn't seem to be a "you die in the game, you die in real life" thing, I'm going to assume that the death penalty is pretty steep; also in general, people don't like dying, even if it is in a game xP
"There are no wrong turnings. Only paths we had not known we were meant to walk." - Tigana

"The genius of Guilty Crown is that they made a show so stupid and illogical that it's almost impossible to criticize properly. I don't even know where to start."
- Sleeplesstown
Oct 5, 2013 9:50 PM

Mar 2012
SalaZin said:
Ragix said:
NeoAnkara said:
itsTriz said:

During the episode though, they mention that they don't actually know the world very well now because of the added expansion; That there were new areas, monsters, loot, etc. which I'm assuming will lead to clashes with the guilds and PVP for it (that should be interesting if they go for that route). Also speculation, but the level cap might've been increased as well, as u see in some MMO expansions.
Since there doesn't seem to be a "you die in the game, you die in real life" thing, I'm going to assume that the death penalty is pretty steep; also in general, people don't like dying, even if it is in a game xP
I think how the interaction of the player will be the key to this series. And from the OP there are a character that seems to be dead so I think the consequence is also fatal if you die in this.
Oct 5, 2013 9:51 PM

Jan 2013
This episode wasn't bad, it was just 'meh' for me. I will definitely keep watching regardless and hope it turns out to be worth it!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2013 9:55 PM

Nov 2011
NeoAnkara said:
SalaZin said:

I think how the interaction of the player will be the key to this series. And from the OP there are a character that seems to be dead so I think the consequence is also fatal if you die in this.

That's what keeps it fresh. They know how to play and understand parts of the world like cities, etc. essentially the mechanics of the game, but the expansion gives fresh new content so while they can teach us the basics we'll be able to explore new content with them instead of going 'wut' half the time.

As for the death thing, I'm not too quite sure, but I guess we're bound to find out soon enough. Hell, maybe even in the next episode as those guys are trying to get the girl. Interaction will most certainly be key though, if it plans on being group-oriented and I think that's a great way to introduce the romance part since apparently it has it.

They can sneak some character progression in the fights as they grow a better understanding and stronger bonds with one another fighting together.(Similar to Fire Emblem if you guys know the game)
Oct 5, 2013 9:59 PM

Dec 2011
Hmm I have to say that I think SAO will be better, but I won't get anywhere if I just compare it. So I think it's decent and I'm excited to see where they will go. I hope their party will be all badass since they're level 90.
The ED was also really good but I'm not crazy about the OP xD
Oct 5, 2013 11:02 PM

Jul 2013
I'm actually glad that the budget is seemingly less than Sword Art Online, because it means I don't have to be disappointed consistently by the characters while they're trying to distract me with a pretty art style. Just like SAO did.

In saying that, Log Horizon already has more character than Sword Art Online. It was a very good episode where our main trio is established, all of them with likable features and the fact that they assess the situation, being mostly calm about the dilemma they're in says a lot about these characters will (hopefully) be in the future.

I already like this more than Sword Art Online, but perhaps I'm in the minority with this.
Oct 5, 2013 11:02 PM

Feb 2012
Kinda Meh. The only 2 points that are saving this from me is the bewby character named Marie and of course, The Rocking "DATABASE" Opening Sequence. So Epic.

Overall Score For the Premise: 3/5
Oct 5, 2013 11:12 PM
Oct 2012
-Sakuya- said:
Better than SAO

No it isn't. Not yet at least. Maybe it could (though I have doubts) but SAO's first episode was better and fresher than this episode. SAO didn't hit the skids until after the 3rd episode, when they started jumping around the various side stories with no thought of continuity for those to whom the animation was the first exposure.

Now this show could become better than SAO by having a strong story from here on out, but it hasn't proved that it has the staying power yet to declare it better than SAO. I hope that it will better, I will watch the next episode with this hope, but ultimately Log Horizon has to prove its worth before comparisons can be made, and one episode is not enough to make that judgment.
Oct 5, 2013 11:31 PM

Apr 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
-Sakuya- said:
Better than SAO

No it isn't. Not yet at least. Maybe it could (though I have doubts) but SAO's first episode was better and fresher than this episode. SAO didn't hit the skids until after the 3rd episode, when they started jumping around the various side stories with no thought of continuity for those to whom the animation was the first exposure.

Now this show could become better than SAO by having a strong story from here on out, but it hasn't proved that it has the staying power yet to declare it better than SAO. I hope that it will better, I will watch the next episode with this hope, but ultimately Log Horizon has to prove its worth before comparisons can be made, and one episode is not enough to make that judgment.

I actually agree, though personally it wouldn't be hard for it to get ahead of SAO assuming they stay on the course they're going.
"There are no wrong turnings. Only paths we had not known we were meant to walk." - Tigana

"The genius of Guilty Crown is that they made a show so stupid and illogical that it's almost impossible to criticize properly. I don't even know where to start."
- Sleeplesstown
Oct 5, 2013 11:34 PM

Aug 2010
Could this be the show that we all expected to see when we heard about SAO?

Well the first episode definitely resembles SAO but the show already has enough differences that I'm hopefully they'll do the whole "trapped in an MMO" idea justice this time around. Certainly helps that the MC is pretty much the opposite of what Kirito was being basically a lone wolf.

Also in the preview, where have I seen gryphon mounts before, hmmm...

EDIT: Can't link an image for some reason?
Oct 5, 2013 11:51 PM
Mar 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
-Sakuya- said:
Better than SAO

First episode of SAO was better. Log Horizon has more than a few questionable scenes in the first episode alone. But it doesn't look like it'll devolve into superman builds his harem.
Oct 6, 2013 12:10 AM

Jun 2009
EMChamp said:
Could this be the show that we all expected to see when we heard about SAO?

That part is true for me.(so far)
Oct 6, 2013 12:11 AM

Sep 2007
Hope this turns out better than SAO. SAO took itself way too seriously and the romance was just cringeworthy.
Oct 6, 2013 12:12 AM
Aug 2011
I liked this.
Let's hope they keep working together and not be like "I'm God and I have the best looking waifu (+ 10 other girls who want me) so that's why I can do anything!"
Oct 6, 2013 12:27 AM

Aug 2009
This was actually better than I expected. I was pleasantly surprised.
Will keep watching.

Also, the opening is awesome and the ending is nice.
Oct 6, 2013 12:29 AM

Feb 2010
AmberFebruary said:
silkie said:
AmberFebruary said:
whys that?

the way she talks, refer to herself as ninja and her choice of "food"

She's just probably into roleplaying.
Oct 6, 2013 12:41 AM

May 2012
I think all my thoughts about this show left my head when I saw a cat-person-thing that looked suspiciously like the one from .//Hack watching over the little girl right before the ed...
Oct 6, 2013 12:43 AM

Sep 2011
LOL SAO 2.0?

Anyway, this was underwhelming unlike SAO's first episode. I hope this will get better and better unlike SAO.

Oct 6, 2013 12:48 AM

Nov 2009
It's rude to say this anime is an SAO rip-off.
Oct 6, 2013 12:51 AM

Mar 2012
Leio said:
It's rude to say this anime is an SAO rip-off.
Agree with this.
Oct 6, 2013 1:00 AM

Feb 2010
Hopefully this anime actually stays as a game and not turn into a teenage drama.
Oct 6, 2013 1:09 AM

Jun 2009
Too similar to SAO but that isn't a bad thing.

Hopefully this doesn't have the same bullshit that SAO had and this could turn out to be quite enjoyable.
Oct 6, 2013 1:13 AM
Jul 2012
I had high hopes for this one but now I'm disappointed. Looks like it's going to focus on the romance not the action or the MMORPG rules just like Sword Art Online. The best MMORPG Anime was HxH Greed Island!
Oct 6, 2013 1:17 AM

Jan 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
-Sakuya- said:
Better than SAO

Teenage drama says hai bro
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2013

270 by LucasDoragon »»
Apr 27, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.