Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 29, 2013 7:44 AM
Feb 2013
That was some huge character development for Nadeko-chan.
Loved the last part with Shinobu, it was funny yet interesting.
Sep 29, 2013 7:55 AM

Mar 2010
Eudaimonia said:
yukaru00 said:
Nadeko is not really a lazy person.
She just doesn't put effort on something that doesn't interest her.

Maybe I would see her in a different light if she had shown some ambition in other subjects or made her position clear as to why she actively (in opposite to going with the flow) chooses to do things this way. Instead she is shown lounging on her bed and lazing around in her free time when not occupied with supernatural stuff, doing things she is assigned to half-heartedly and choosing the easy way out in general.

She takes her hobby seriously.
Oh no. I won't tell you what her hobby is. That is too much of a spoiler if you still doesn't aware or informed of it yet.
Sep 29, 2013 8:53 AM

Apr 2010
The biggest and most obvious flaw of Sengoku is that she is insecure and doesn't dare to speak out much, well she is human so that she has flaws is a given we all got them.
On a other note flaws can be overcome and if she overcomes her insecureness she will become a happier person since it will relieve her stress. and others will understand her better.

That vampire punch reminded me of a game and was pretty funny, luckily Shinobu appeared at the right time since Koyomi was getting creepy again.
Guess more people need their personal vampire to keep them in check.
Sep 29, 2013 9:09 AM

Jan 2012
Eudaimonia said:
yukaru00 said:

Maybe I would see her in a different light if she had shown some ambition in other subjects or made her position clear as to why she actively (in opposite to going with the flow) chooses to do things this way. Instead she is shown lounging on her bed and lazing around in her free time when not occupied with supernatural stuff, doing things she is assigned to half-heartedly and choosing the easy way out in general.

If anything, I think this has to do more with how she lacks the self-confidence to stand up for herself and object towards things she doesn't agree with or want to do, and her being "lazy" towards these things is her passive method of opposing to them, even if her shy, insecure nature dictates her to go with the flow in order to not offend people.

For instance, her being lazy with her class representative and "class mediator" roles is a result of not declining a job she knows she's not up to: a role like this for a person like her can't be compared to doing homework or taking out the trash, but her lack of active resistance got her into this "mess". The same can be said about the snake too: the signs of resistance are there with her increasingly naggy/"cocky" attitude towards the snake, but again, she doesn't have the guts to actually oppose the snake and its demands, to the point she even lied to Koyomi not once, but twice. One could say it's a dilemma for Sengoku about whether to obey the dangerous snake or asking Koyomi for help and admitting that she lied to him, and Sengoku picked the worse option, which is still somewhat understandable considering the hostile factor the snake poses. Altough, the way she agreed to co-operate with the snake is worth mentioning in my opinion, I mean she doesn't seem like to be that guilty towards the "sin" she commited, more like she co-operates in order to "just" make the snake go away and stop pressuring her, kind of like how she hides behind her bangs whenever she feels endangered by people she can't oppose to.

To be fair, both Ougi and Shinobu have a point in their arguements considering how Sengoku isn't exactly aware how her actions and mindset can translate to some people, but I think there's more to Sengoku than just simply being lazy, irresponsible and/or naggy in general.
Sep 29, 2013 9:19 AM

Feb 2009
Shinobu always steals the show when she gets a scene. I always look forward to her showing up. I'm really glad we got Maaya Sakamoto instead of Aya Hirano.
Sep 29, 2013 10:01 AM
Jan 2012
I think that Nadeko simply have victim mentality, whether she said she likes it or not.
She wants to be taken care of by others, unconsciously or not and that most of her decisions and actions are done so that she looks more like a victim,no matter wat she may have done to others.

She may show characteristics of being lazy, irresponsible, selfish and ignorance but it all comes under the umbrella of her victim mentality. everything is forced upon her and she can't avoid it and since she cant's avoid it, why bother trying, no-one can know that she may have done something wrong or point it out, even herself.
Sep 29, 2013 10:06 AM
Sep 2011
Dodgers20 said:
Eudaimonia said:
yukaru00 said:

If anything, I think this has to do more with how she lacks the self-confidence to stand up for herself and object towards things she doesn't agree with or want to do, and her being "lazy" towards these things is her passive method of opposing to them, even if her shy, insecure nature dictates her to go with the flow in order to not offend people.

For instance, her being lazy with her class representative and "class mediator" roles is a result of not declining a job she knows she's not up to: a role like this for a person like her can't be compared to doing homework or taking out the trash, but her lack of active resistance got her into this "mess". The same can be said about the snake too: the signs of resistance are there with her increasingly naggy/"cocky" attitude towards the snake, but again, she doesn't have the guts to actually oppose the snake and its demands, to the point she even lied to Koyomi not once, but twice. One could say it's a dilemma for Sengoku about whether to obey the dangerous snake or asking Koyomi for help and admitting that she lied to him, and Sengoku picked the worse option, which is still somewhat understandable considering the hostile factor the snake poses.

You definitely got a point with your more favorable dissection of her character. I honestly think it's a mix of both her being too insecure and shy to show resistance (something that can't be changed easily and isn't particularly her fault) and her miming the victim in order to take advantage of people who fall for her enchanting appearance and help her out because, hey, it has always worked out for her so why not continue with that. A pretty convenient way to go through life, huh? That's not to say she is doing it purposefully or out of ill-will but it's rather something that has become her default action whenever such a situation occurs. She has simply become complacent at this point regardless whether it was on purpose the first time around she ever did it and I would also blame the people she interacted with at those times for not putting her into place, teaching her a healthier and constructive method for coping with unpleasant matters.

As to your example with her offering passive resistance against being assinged the role of the class representative I actually got the impression that she simly doesn't care, based on her last few lines to the snake god that day which imply that rather than being unable to do something against the class situation, it is just too much of a hassle for her to be bothered by, the hint she wanted the deity to take without her having to spell it out to him. Though I won't deny that your impretation with her being so insecure as a person that she sees any actions by her as futile from the get-go, thus resulting in her inaction, is valid as well.

Dodgers20 said:
Altough, the way she agreed to co-operate with the snake is worth mentioning in my opinion, I mean she doesn't seem like to be that guilty towards the "sin" she commited, more like she co-operates in order to "just" make the snake go away and stop pressuring her, kind of like how she hides behind her bangs whenever she feels endangered by people she can't oppose to.

To be fair, both Ougi and Shinobu have a point in their arguements considering how Sengoku isn't exactly aware how her actions and mindset can translate to some people, but I think there's more to Sengoku than just simply being lazy, irresponsible and/or naggy in general.

This was one of the instances where I think her insincerity showed (other times where her apologies to Koyomi and Shinobu). It is not the fact that she makes mistakes that is bothersome but her lack of remorse which ties in being unresponsible. Rather than fully grasping the extent of her actions she wants to get over the negative consequences of them as quickly as possible by pretending to be sorry and thus no taking the core message to heart.

It were indeed those conversations with Ougi and Shinobu which lead to my impression that Nadeko is severly lacking self-awareness and prefers to live a life of blissful ignorance.
But I wholeheartedly agree, that it is too short-sighted to label her with just these negative traits without taking mitigating circumstances into account.
In fact I am thankful that you decided to look at her character from a different perspective as I think only the mix of both aspects really brings out the complexity of Nadeko's personality (who would have thought that I would say that about Nadeko at the beginning of this arc, haha)
EudaimoniaSep 29, 2013 10:40 AM
Sep 29, 2013 12:32 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I must admit that I found the first half of this episode rather dull, but it made up with an excellent second half. Shinobu's verbal demolishing of Nadeko was hard hitting and almost painful to watch.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 29, 2013 1:50 PM

Dec 2011
That was an intense talk, Nadeko with Shinobu. Whoo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2013 2:06 PM

Feb 2012
"What if Sengoku went extinct!"

Logic lol.
Sep 29, 2013 3:06 PM

Mar 2008
I like Nadeko more now. I sort of relate to her in some ways.

Shinobu just popped out of nowhere. To be honest it feels more like shes jealous rather than trying to protect her from Araragi, otherwise she would do that a lot more often when he's around other girls. Although she did say Nadeko's only second to her in cuteness she also said she is in a way more powerful or freightening than an oddity. She may have also known about the snake being there and knew Araragi would be in danger but did not want to approach it directly for the moment. I'm not really looking too deep into it; just giving a different spin on things others wouldnt bother with looking at because they seem insignificant.

I was a bit slow to pick this up but there is a bit of a contradiction in some things. Shinobu said Nadeko makes Koyomi worry because she plays the victim but she tried to lie to him so he wouldnt worry so does that show she is trying to change?
traedSep 29, 2013 3:28 PM
Sep 29, 2013 3:48 PM

Feb 2013
Woo! Nadeko-service.

I kind of wonder if Shinobu knows about the snake oddity... or maybe she is why it's "hiding". Either way, she just carried Koyomi off by the feet, dragging him (LOL).
Sep 29, 2013 3:48 PM

Dec 2009
Shinobu has become the best character~
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 29, 2013 3:54 PM
Mar 2013
traed said:

I was a bit slow to pick this up but there is a bit of a contradiction in some things. Shinobu said Nadeko makes Koyomi worry because she plays the victim but she tried to lie to him so he wouldnt worry so does that show she is trying to change?

If she were, she wouldn't lie, and understand the fact that trying to keep people away from you, trying to go through all of it alone, will only burden those around you even more.

Plus, both Shinobu and Ararararagi clearly see through her facade.
Sep 29, 2013 4:38 PM

Aug 2011
Damn, Shinobu was giving Nadeko the second degree. Harsh.

Vengeance of everyone's grudge.

"I didn't add it to my list so I forgot I was watching that." - lpf
Sep 29, 2013 5:11 PM

Jul 2011
No OP this week?
Sep 29, 2013 6:48 PM

Jul 2009
damn tokyo bill. ruined the fun.
Sep 29, 2013 6:49 PM

Mar 2008
CRadu said:
traed said:

If she were, she wouldn't lie, and understand the fact that trying to keep people away from you, trying to go through all of it alone, will only burden those around you even more.

Plus, both Shinobu and Ararararagi clearly see through her facade.
Hm I suppose so. I must have been looking at it overly simplisticly.
Sep 29, 2013 9:17 PM

Jun 2013
Holy shit Shinobu just sank all of Nadeko's battleships!

Including her shipping with Koyomi.

KAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKA
Sep 29, 2013 10:42 PM

May 2011
The most normal episode I have seen so far.
Sep 29, 2013 11:01 PM

Jul 2013
Somehow this episode was kind of boring until Shinobu showed up with a punch XD. Well kind of Harsh of what Shinobu is saying to Nadeko in the ending scene. Hopefully next episode will be interesting.

Sep 29, 2013 11:19 PM

Jul 2009
"Second cutest to me!" indeed
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 30, 2013 5:53 AM
Jul 2012
Nadeko may be the worst girl, but she is my favourite(always has been)(personally i think Karin is the worst, only the toothbrush scene makes up for her)...

but anyway... good episode, not as good as last weeks(for obvious yandere reasons)
still wondering why they're not playing suruga devil(hanamonogatari) first though.
Sep 30, 2013 8:47 AM

May 2010
Uh Shinobu sure is harsh
Sep 30, 2013 8:58 AM
Jan 2011
Ok, so is episode 12 more like a spoiler of what's to come?

I wonder if Koyomi is peeking underneath Tsukihi's short yukata while she's on her cell?

I also wonder if Shinbou has just saved Koyomi ( by giving him her Shinbou Punch) from Nadeko's possible snake attack since Koyomi may have some naughty things to do with Nadeko?

I also wonder if this anime ended in a cliffhanger, since ANN said that this anime is 13 episode long?
Sep 30, 2013 11:01 AM

Jan 2012
Eudaimonia said:

As to your example with her offering passive resistance against being assinged the role of the class representative I actually got the impression that she simly doesn't care, based on her last few lines to the snake god that day which imply that rather than being unable to do something against the class situation, it is just too much of a hassle for her to be bothered by, the hint she wanted the deity to take without her having to spell it out to him. Though I won't deny that your impretation with her being so insecure as a person that she sees any actions by her as futile from the get-go, thus resulting in her inaction, is valid as well.

I can see where are you coming from with the hint she wanted the snake god to get since it's obvious she haven't tried to fulfill her role, but I think the hint wasn't meant to indicate her raw disinterest in the matter, but it was more of a semi-polite way to tell the snake god to stop pestering her after he didn't get the message of Sengoku telling her he doesn't have to anything with the matter. She seems to be aware that both she and the teacher is at fault in this situation, and she tried to convience the snake god that there's no point of grilling the teacher when she's just as much of a part of the problem by not declining both roles (by saying "they weren't exactly forced me"). I can imagine she accepted the roles the same way she accepted the snake god's request ("it was an impossible request, but it was even more impossible to decline"), and while I think Sengoku can't be considered irresponsible by nature, it is however irresponsible to accept requests you know you're not qualified to fulfill, let alone keep on going and never letting the other party know that you can't fulfill their requests. This is where her passive, non ill-willed resistance comes into play, as well as your point about how she can be considered complacent, and how people failed to teach her how to properly cope with unpleasant matters: she got used to deal with these things by going with the flow and being other people's "chewtoy" by not defending herself or objecting at all (= saying "sorry", or just staying silent), hoping they'll leave her alone sooner once they're finished with what they wanted to say.

Sure, she possibly gets mistakes forgiven sooner than other people, can unintentionally "enchant" people and living like this is a convinient method of doing so, but even so, the concept of fighting back is essentially a foreign concept to her, and so is the mindset to fully grasp the effects and impressions other people might feel from her actions. All ranting aside, I still agree that her past experiences are much more of a problem here than her core personality, one could say she's too child-like and naive to see that her way of thinking can be viewed from angles that make her appear not as good-natured and/or neutral as she believes.

Eudaimonia said:

This was one of the instances where I think her insincerity showed (other times where her apologies to Koyomi and Shinobu). It is not the fact that she makes mistakes that is bothersome but her lack of remorse which ties in being unresponsible. Rather than fully grasping the extent of her actions she wants to get over the negative consequences of them as quickly as possible by pretending to be sorry and thus no taking the core message to heart.

Yeah, it seems to be true that any of these core messages can't make a point in her head, and I too get the impression this is because she's so afraid of people paying special attention to her that she just wants to sweep them under the rug and escape as soon as possible, with saying "sorry" or hiding behind her bangs being the default actions. Of course, the word "special" only means attention that is either malicious/questioning, or actively wants to help her, but the way she reacted to Shinobu's arguement makes it seem like that she views "special" attention as a burden, sort of like how she just wants to live in her own little, peaceful bubble where she doesn't want to offend or bother people, and where she doesn't want people to notice and question her. It's easier to notice this when she's trying to apologize or hide behind the bangs when people doubt her not ill-willed/weird intentions or make her want to do something she doesn't want to, but her reaction to Koyomi's and Shinobu's hospitality also indicates that she doesn't want to burden people, sort of like how Hanekawa never asked for help because she didn't wanted to take advantege of people.

If there is any difference in them, is that how they approach remorse: Hanekawa is much more concerned about her own guilt than what people might think of her, and while Sengoku isn't exactly unaware of remorse either, she seems to be more occupied with the thought of not knowing how to handle people, and to just skip to the point where people stop paying attention(= posing danger) to her, thus unintentionally blocking out the lessons she might learn otherwise.

This is why I mentioned the way she agreed to co-operate with the snake god: I'm fairly sure there's remorse in there, but she seems to be more driven by the intention to make the snake god go away without pissing him off, even though she shows signs of getting slowly, but timidly fed up with him. Which, to be fair, isn't a surprise when she has to search for something she doesn't have any info about while being pestered by a deity who can't keep his mouth shut, even if this deity appears to be playing it safe by being tolerant towards Sengoku's reluctancy.

Eudaimonia said:

It were indeed those conversations with Ougi and Shinobu which lead to my impression that Nadeko
is severly lacking self-awareness and prefers to live a life of blissful ignorance.

Saying "sorry" (or just staying silent) that frequently does have it's negative effects, in the meaning that it makes it harder for people to figure out what she wants to say or how she feels, and this of course can lead people to misunderstand her, or even treat her far differently than she is. I would go as far to say she just not ready to face reality where every action can influence how a person is judged, and she's certainly too insecure/not mature enough to face this fact when making her intention/opinion clear to an other person is already an ordeal to her, let alone refute a claim that is a personal insult in her eyes (notice the way her eyes snap at Shinobu when she laughs at her, and the somewhat irritated look she has when Shinobu starts grilling her).

That said, Shinobu still has a point considering Sengoku's naive and child-like nature is effectively the only thing that seperates her from someone who is deliberately insincere, and plays with people like they're musical instruments. Of course, she lying to Koyomi twists things around a little and a sense of guilt may have worked in her in that scene, but the way the scene played out, Sengoku seemed to be more concerned by Shinobu's raw attack on her person, rather than the possibility that she might have noticed the snake god, and this was her way to indirectly make Sengoku crack.

Eudaimonia said:

But I wholeheartedly agree, that it is too short-sighted to label her with just these negative traits without taking mitigating circumstances into account.
In fact I am thankful that you decided to look at her character from a different perspective as I think only the mix of both aspects really brings out the complexity of Nadeko's personality (who would have thought that I would say that about Nadeko at the beginning of this arc, haha)

Tell me about it: Otorimono wasn't as anticipated for me due to how Sengoku felt like the fifth wheel of the franchise who didn't received the same amount of polish as Bakemono's other four girls did, but I have to say, I wasn't expecting an improvement so large there will be an actual reason to have an actual, multi-angled discussion about her. :)

To be fair, Nekomono:Shiro already did a good job at concentrating on an established character and giving a different, deeper perspective on that character, and while Otorimono does a similarly good job so far, I think it deserves bonus credit for doing such a good work despite not having the luxury of using the character's previous appearences/arcs as a base to build upon (in all honesty, I think Sengoku's previous appearences are useless, lazy attempts at characterisation at best, especially compared to what Tsubasa Cat/Nekomono:Kuro did).
Sep 30, 2013 11:33 AM

Jun 2013
Pretty much loaded with chara developpment on Nadeko, makes her better than your average shriking violet.

Loved the 4th wall breaking with Tokyo bill

Also monitoring the commentaries on Nadeko's charadev in this thread with utmost interest, too bad i don't have time to participate
Sep 30, 2013 7:04 PM

Mar 2010
Dodgers20 said:

To be fair, Nekomono:Shiro already did a good job at concentrating on an established character and giving a different, deeper perspective on that character, and while Otorimono does a similarly good job so far, I think it deserves bonus credit for doing such a good work despite not having the luxury of using the character's previous appearences/arcs as a base to build upon (in all honesty, I think Sengoku's previous appearences are useless, lazy attempts at characterisation at best, especially compared to what Tsubasa Cat/Nekomono:Kuro did).

A lot of anime-only viewers complained that the characters in Bakemonogatari and its supposed prequel, in this case, Nekomonogatari Kuro were not properly and fully established. While your points can be considered as a good pov than anyone else's here (oh, trust me, yours are the one so far, which has good points and pov on the plot and the characters themselves), you need to be aware that Bakemonogatari is just the introductory chapters to the franchise. It is merely to introduce the characters and a little bit of their psychologies and behaviors towards their surroundings.

Dodgers20 said:

I think Sengoku's previous appearences are useless, lazy attempts at characterisation at best, especially compared to what Tsubasa Cat/Nekomono:Kuro did).

This actually lies on the failure of SHAFT while adapting the Nadeko Medusa arc into anime. SHAFT changed the perspective view to Araragi and let Araragi narrated the whole arc in the anime. This changes the mood of the arc itself as most of Nadeko's psychology is not shown in the arc. However, you can sense the fine establishment of her character in the original novel, as Nadeko is the one who narrated the whole Nadeko Snake arc, just like in this current arc.
Oct 1, 2013 12:09 AM

Jun 2009
MyAmy said:
Uh Shinobu sure is harsh

Yup.

My god, this show's dialog are just too awesome... This episode reminded me of why I love Monogatari in the first place.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2013 2:19 AM

Sep 2012
yukaru00 said:
This actually lies on the failure of SHAFT while adapting the Nadeko Medusa arc into anime. SHAFT changed the perspective view to Araragi and let Araragi narrated the whole arc in the anime. This changes the mood of the arc itself as most of Nadeko's psychology is not shown in the arc. However, you can sense the fine establishment of her character in the original novel, as Nadeko is the one who narrated the whole Nadeko Snake arc, just like in this current arc.
This seems odd considering that they let Hanekawa do her Nekomonogatari Shiro arc. Makes me worried about what they're going to do with Koimonogatari.

Not sure about this season. Enjoyable but so far it doesn't seem to be on the same level as some of the past adaptations. So far I have preferred the books aside from a few choice scenes. Too much cutting, if the recap episodes had been used to fill out the series perhaps that would have helped but I'm not sure if it isn't due to other series composition direction decisions that have been made.
Oct 1, 2013 3:14 AM

Mar 2010
hpulley said:
This seems odd considering that they let Hanekawa do her Nekomonogatari Shiro arc. Makes me worried about what they're going to do with Koimonogatari.

Not sure about this season. Enjoyable but so far it doesn't seem to be on the same level as some of the past adaptations. So far I have preferred the books aside from a few choice scenes. Too much cutting, if the recap episodes had been used to fill out the series perhaps that would have helped but I'm not sure if it isn't due to other series composition direction decisions that have been made.

I am seriously disappointed in Kabuki adaptation. It is far from being a good adaptation actually. So, I feel the same as you do, somehow.
Oct 1, 2013 5:08 AM

Dec 2012
Based snake with the Kanye 'HAANNHH".
Forgot it was 5 am and burst out laughing when Shinobu popped out of nowhere and prevented Araragi from doing illegal things. Lovin' the new dress.
Nadeko is just so damn cute. Moe done right.
Oct 1, 2013 3:15 PM
Sep 2013
The song where Shinobu is questioning Nadeko is brilliant; anyone got the name of it?
Oct 1, 2013 5:46 PM

Jul 2013
it's a shame Genshiken Nidaime has ended would of loved to see sue copy Shinobu's vampire punch.

still trying to work out how Araragi thinks he will get his ass kicked if he lets Sengoku sleep under the bed but all fine if thay sleep together.

i would say Araragi is lolicon but compared to Shinobu who is 500 + years old and wants to jump a shota Araragi there is just no mach Shinobu has got to be the ultimate lolicon
Hanekawa tried to stretch herself to the limits, after that her facial expression became resolute, and in that state she inserted her hands inside the hem of the pleated skirt of her uniform.

I thought she would once again flip up her skirt for me, but, no matter what, Hanekawa didn't do such a thing devoid of logical connection.

Instead she took off her panties.
Oct 1, 2013 8:00 PM

Aug 2013
Did I really just wait a whole week for a f***ing flashback?
Oct 2, 2013 8:33 AM

Aug 2011
Nasty001 said:
I wonder if Koyomi is peeking underneath Tsukihi's short yukata while she's on her cell?
If that's the case....
Oh my god, is that really the case?

Fuck.
Chong The Nomad sang:
Even if you're lost, you can't~ Lose the love because that's in your heart~ Hooo oo ooo ooo oo~

My DeviantArt
To keep your drawing sanity, click here.
Oct 2, 2013 10:53 AM

Dec 2012
Stitches327 said:
Shinobu's breakdown of Nadeko's character was awesome. That back and forth was quite nice and shed some much needed light on Nadeko's character. Shinobu giving Araragi an uppercut was great, had me laughing. This was 5/5 episode for me.

My exact thoughts. Like some people already said, this episode made me appreciate her character more and see her in a different light. 5/5

I would have to say, this is looking exceptionally great. It below my expectations, it made me like most of the characters a lot more, I have no complaints about Monogatari second season. And I hope it ends on a high note with Hitagi's arc.
tsudecimoOct 2, 2013 11:08 AM
Oct 2, 2013 8:51 PM

Mar 2010
@mugimugi

you know, your avatar picture is a spoiler, really.
Oct 2, 2013 9:37 PM

Aug 2013
Shinobu was great.
セクシーヒップスター
Oct 3, 2013 3:26 AM

Feb 2012
I loved this episode and i agree with everyone about liking Shinobu's break down of Nadeko.

Oct 3, 2013 5:42 PM

Jul 2010
Oh, some nice development of Nadeko. It was a lot "meh" for me until now.
I'm looking forward for more.
Oct 6, 2013 6:16 AM
Jan 2010
SHOTS FIRED
Oct 6, 2013 7:12 AM

Sep 2012
hpulley said:
Too much cutting, if the recap episodes had been used to fill out the series perhaps that would have helped but I'm not sure if it isn't due to other series composition direction decisions that have been made.
Shimbo confirmed in an interview that they needed the recap episode for breathing space for this (for Shaft) unusual 2-cour schedule, which means the recap episodes are there precisely because they don't want to do much work in the one week between the arcs.

Anyway, I can see this arc is heading to be the best adapted arcs in Season 2....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 6, 2013 7:29 AM

Mar 2010
symbv said:
hpulley said:
Too much cutting, if the recap episodes had been used to fill out the series perhaps that would have helped but I'm not sure if it isn't due to other series composition direction decisions that have been made.
Shimbo confirmed in an interview that they needed the recap episode for breathing space for this (for Shaft) unusual 2-cour schedule, which means the recap episodes are there precisely because they don't want to do much work in the one week between the arcs.

Anyway, I can see this arc is heading to be the best adapted arcs in Season 2....

Obviously.
Oct 6, 2013 8:46 AM

Apr 2012
Finally again an episode that was watchable, the best one so far :D
Oct 6, 2013 4:30 PM

Jun 2012
Nadeko-chan! Hanazawa does a great job as always!
Oct 7, 2013 2:01 PM
Dec 2012
kuuurt said:
Fun fact: I have massive diarrhea right now. When KYUUKETSUKI... PANCHU! happened, shit literally flew out of my anus (I was holding back for this!). Ignored it and finished the episode anyway. Shit myself again with her KA KA KA KA, which I replayed 5 times before running to the bathroom.

I lold.

Pretty good episode. I like Nadeko abit more now than before.

Gotta love Shinobu.
Oct 8, 2013 9:12 AM

Apr 2012
Loved that 'Vampire Punch' ^_^

Very good episode. I do wonder how much Araragi has already figured out.
Oct 11, 2013 9:40 AM

Jan 2012
yukaru00 said:
Dodgers20 said:

A lot of anime-only viewers complained that the characters in Bakemonogatari and its supposed prequel, in this case, Nekomonogatari Kuro were not properly and fully established. While your points can be considered as a good pov than anyone else's here (oh, trust me, yours are the one so far, which has good points and pov on the plot and the characters themselves), you need to be aware that Bakemonogatari is just the introductory chapters to the franchise. It is merely to introduce the characters and a little bit of their psychologies and behaviors towards their surroundings.

Dodgers20 said:

I think Sengoku's previous appearences are useless, lazy attempts at characterisation at best, especially compared to what Tsubasa Cat/Nekomono:Kuro did).

I am aware that Bake was the introductory phase of the story and it was meant to set the stage up for future developments, it's just that Sengoku's arc in Bake was the only one for me that didn't delivered this kind of punch, it felt more like a side-story with a random victim than an actual story arc whose events and main character could play a larger role in the future. Up to this point I thought this was because that arc was written half-heartedly, but it appears I was hasty with my judgement as an anime-only viewer, because this is actually the first time I heard that Shaft changed Nadeko Snake this much (aside of making the TV version atrocious production value-wise). I admit I was lazy when I said Otori deserves bonus credit compared to Neko:Shiro (even though I still prefer these two arcs over Kabuki, no matter how much I liked it), but even so, that doesn't take my impression away that the arc has changed my opinion about Sengoku, and it made me appriciate her just as much as the vast majority of the characters. And that includes the curiousity of learning about the character as well, instead of whining about "aw, why she's the main character?" or "when will x or y show up?".
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2013

432 by Kiikani »»
Apr 25, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

101 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

723 by Yubisoft »»
Apr 16, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

245 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 12, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

204 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 8:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.