Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 27, 2013 3:51 AM

Mar 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Is that Gray's Dad? Nice ammount of exposition, though a bit too fast, but awesome nonetheless. More types of slayers? I can see the usefulness of the devil-slayers but I still fail to see that of the god-slayers. And gray is getting EVEN more spotlight right now (he is obviously a DS). Awesome stuff.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Sep 27, 2013 3:54 AM

Nov 2011
Interesting, I had thought up the ideas of demon-slayer sin my head and even had some backstory on how their magic worked. It's no surpise that with God and Dragon slayers though that Mashima would introduce demon-slayers.

Too bad Atlas wasn't really alive. D=

@OP- No Gray isn't a devil slayer. He manipulated the devil slayer's ice to harm the other demon. The other slayer's ice magic was devil-slaying magic.
AmberlehSep 27, 2013 4:10 AM
Sep 27, 2013 4:00 AM

Mar 2012
Elemental Hero Absolute Zero.. wat?

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Sep 27, 2013 4:06 AM

Apr 2008
Kanic said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Is that Gray's Dad? Nice ammount of exposition, though a bit too fast, but awesome nonetheless. More types of slayers? I can see the usefulness of the devil-slayers but I still fail to see that of the god-slayers. And gray is getting EVEN more spotlight right now (he is obviously a DS). Awesome stuff.

It's more likely he is Ultear's Dad. Gray's family died with Deliora
Sep 27, 2013 4:07 AM

Aug 2010
Woah...the arc is finished?! That was fast XD
I thought this might drag.

Loved this chapter though.
The part where Lucy asked Gray to cool her down was cute :3

Gray getting more screen time is awesome.

Damn Zero looks so friggin BA. I wonder if Devil slayer skills can be taught? Will Gray be able to do them?

I wonder who that new 'guild?' Kyuukimon are? Are they all DS?

Also the thing about E.N.D and Igneel was pretty darn intriguing :D
Sep 27, 2013 4:34 AM

Aug 2012
Devil slayer now!?

And what's this Tartarus guild oh boy
Sep 27, 2013 4:37 AM

Apr 2008
sim0n2170 said:
Devil slayer now!?

And what's this Tartarus guild oh boy

Are you serious? It's the last dark guild in the balamb Alliance =_=
Sep 27, 2013 4:39 AM

Jul 2013
That Tartarus guy looks like if Gildarts and Doranbalt had a baby.

Devil slayer? Wtf? Please don't go down this route. Dragon Slayer magic was enough with all the first, second and third generation bs, then he had to throw in God Slaying magic, and now Devil Slaying magic. Sooner or later we're going to have Fish Slaying magic.

Seems like Minerva is going to get talk no jutsu'd.

Meh, still an entertaining chapter. Atlas Flame is a cool guy.
MinagatachiSep 27, 2013 4:44 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2013 4:49 AM

Dec 2007
My first idea - Ultear's dad (that grave - Ur's?).
More Gray is good and well, I'm surprised that the main storyline is suudenly going forward.
Sep 27, 2013 4:58 AM
Dec 2010
Get Ready for Angel Slayer Magic
Sep 27, 2013 5:06 AM

Aug 2012
aos10 said:
I can see this happening.

I like Zero's character design looks kinda cool. I'm still curious if Flare is going to join ft, I wouldn't mind it.

Sep 27, 2013 5:09 AM

Apr 2008
Stitches327 said:
aos10 said:
I can see this happening.

I like Zero's character design looks kinda cool. I'm still curious if Flare is going to join ft, I wouldn't mind it.

I think she will. Personally I look forward to Natsu and the gang talking to the Giants
Sep 27, 2013 5:13 AM

Jun 2011
aos10 said:

ROFL
I like that idea. Clearly there must be an opposing force towards demon slaying magic.
Sep 27, 2013 5:21 AM

Apr 2008
orbbie said:
aos10 said:

ROFL
I like that idea. Clearly there must be an opposing force towards demon slaying magic.
Pretty sure that would be Godslaying
Sep 27, 2013 5:25 AM

Jun 2010
aos10 said:

Exactly what I thought when I saw the devils slaying bs magic.

Darklight0303 said:

Isn't the opposite of Goslaying magic is Satanslaying magic? Rofl.
Sep 27, 2013 5:35 AM

Jun 2011
-MgZ_ said:
aos10 said:

Darklight0303 said:

So whats the opposite to dragon slaying? Tiger slaying rofl
Sep 27, 2013 5:43 AM

Apr 2008
-MgZ_ said:
aos10 said:

Darklight0303 said:

No. It's been Gods and Demons/devils all the time >_>
Sep 27, 2013 6:08 AM

Feb 2012
Devil slayer magic, E.N.D. and Tartarus? I like where this is going, hopefully Mashima won't let us wait too long for more information.
Sep 27, 2013 6:16 AM

Aug 2010
Finally Tartarus is introduced!

It would be pretty neat if Silver is Ultear's dad. Maybe he was originally an Ice Mage then he learned Devil Slaying Magic to get revenge on Ur since Deliora 'killed' her and Deliora is a demon/devil. Just a thought.

Too bad Atlas didn't last long but it was still nice seeing him. The thing about Igneel was interesting as well.
Sep 27, 2013 6:43 AM

Nov 2011
Whoa, finally Tartarus Guild makes its debut. I wonder if that's one of their ace members or leader though. Nice info on Devil Slayer I guess.

Flare also surprised me somewhat.
Sep 27, 2013 7:03 AM

Sep 2012
I can see if people had a problem with there being 'God' Slaying magic, since there's yet to be any mention of gods and all the characters using it appears to have learned it from books.

However, Devil-slaying magic seems obviously more practical, useful, and likely for humans to learn. Namely since there've been countless demons introduced during the series (Mira's takeover, the island of demons, Deloria and Lullaby, other demons from the book of Zeref, Hades creating demon from rubble, etc.)

Dragon Slayer is the only one introduced where they learned from the actual thing they're slaying, but I don't have a problem with there being multiple forms of slayer magic - provided it's something practical that a human would need to use against an actual opponent.

Just like there are multiple types of guilds (treasure hunters, merchants, mercenary, bandits, etc.) outside of the main one (mage), there are multiple forms of slayer magic outside of the one initially introduced.

It expands the FT universe to introduce new magic types, and new guild types. Allows new types of characters and interactions.
Sep 27, 2013 7:05 AM

Mar 2011
Darklight0303 said:

It's more likely he is Ultear's Dad. Gray's family died with Deliora

Or so he/we think..I dunno the face is too similar in my eyes.

Amberleh said:

@OP- No Gray isn't a devil slayer. He manipulated the devil slayer's ice to harm the other demon. The other slayer's ice magic was devil-slaying magic.

Good call. Didn't connect it that way. I still consider it foreshadowing for Gray becoming Demon-Slayer though.

Barion-Zara said:

I wonder who that new 'guild?' Kyuukimon are? Are they all DS?

My guess is that Kyukimon are the elite squad of Tartarus similar to the Kin of Purgatory of Grimoire Heart(that was their name ,right?)
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
-Mr.Freeman
Sep 27, 2013 7:06 AM

Dec 2008
Really liked this chapter.
I'll lol if the DS is related to Gray, Ultear or is Gildarts' brother.

Flare crying for Atlas ;____; <333

I am getting tired of being introduced to XYZ-Slayer though. Next we'll have Angel Slayer.

Oh right. And during Erza's & Minerva's grand scale battle, Erza will punch dark!Minerva, then hug her, and all will be well again. I'd rather Flare join Fairy Tail than her.
sarroushSep 27, 2013 7:10 AM
Sep 27, 2013 7:14 AM

Jul 2013
Obviously the final boss of this manga will come equipped with fairy slaying magic!

Feel sad for Atlas Flame :( but Bad ass looking mofo at the end! Would be a neat tie in if he is indeed Ultear's dad but I would think he would look a bit older if he was.
Sep 27, 2013 8:19 AM

Dec 2012
I admit, Kyuukimon looks like a complete bad ass.
My guess is that he is Ultear's long lost dad.
And demon-slaying magic sounds very cool.
Sep 27, 2013 8:30 AM

May 2013
Woah devil slayer magic.
Sep 27, 2013 8:33 AM

Aug 2012
I.. don't really know how to feel about this chapter...

Everything lately, starting from the second part of Daimatou Enbu has felt kinda rushed, as if Mashima just wants to end the series as soon as possible...I guess it's okay to keep a fast pace, but the flaws that have been in FT before that are still here so I'm not quite satisfied. It's more like he's recycling his own ideas just to make it seem interesting, but after the initial 'nice, badass' feelings I get after reading the chapter there's a feel of apathy and 'meh' after it. It makes me not care about what's gonna happen next, or make me have a hard time waiting for next weeks chapter, like before
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Sep 27, 2013 9:08 AM

Mar 2011
kiDnameDSkia said:
I.. don't really know how to feel about this chapter...

Everything lately, starting from the second part of Daimatou Enbu has felt kinda rushed, as if Mashima just wants to end the series as soon as possible...I guess it's okay to keep a fast pace, but the flaws that have been in FT before that are still here so I'm not quite satisfied. It's more like he's recycling his own ideas just to make it seem interesting, but after the initial 'nice, badass' feelings I get after reading the chapter there's a feel of apathy and 'meh' after it. It makes me not care about what's gonna happen next, or make me have a hard time waiting for next weeks chapter, like before

I sort of understand that. I too felt like that after realising how fast paced this is. But the ammount of info we got in return kinda makes up for it , at least for me.
Fast pace has been FT's characteristic almost forever, along with it's pros and cons I guess.
-Mr.Freeman
Sep 27, 2013 9:34 AM
Oct 2011
Calling it now, E.N.D. is probably Natsu; E(idk) N.atsu D.dragneel. Or I could be crazy but may Igneel chose to mold natsu to the good side. Also Zeref cried when he saw Natsu so maybe he spawned him. And after seeing him grown up, he realized that maybe natsu would defeat him one day and end his pain.

And possibly the Origin Language name from which Natsu was derived from was probably some incantion like saying since this is all in the namescheme of Zeref. Probably along the lines of E.xodus N.atsudo Dragonia, for example.
Sep 27, 2013 9:38 AM

May 2013
Amazing chapter, a new enemy has arrived, a very powerful one too.
Sep 27, 2013 10:05 AM

May 2010
Devil Slayers now?
wow..
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 27, 2013 10:16 AM

May 2012
is that guy sting?? :D

its just kind of coincidence since i just finish watch/read ao no exorcist..

Sep 27, 2013 10:21 AM
May 2013
yes finally something exciting happens, i mean seriously, i been like ''oh, a new fairy tail chapter, i forgot it'' ever since this ark started, and i'm usually '' only 7 days left for the new fairy tail ch!!.'' and thats the fealing i got now :D
and, silver? gildart? brothers maybe. maybe thats was what atlas was talking about when he said he thought Silver was someone else, like gildarts maybe.
and btw ''DS'' stands for devil slayer now ?? what about dragon slayer guys we cant forget them just because gods slayer( or bullshit slayers like to call them) and devil slayers . nexst time DF will mean devil forse isteden of dragon forse XD
but awsome ch. no less.
Sep 27, 2013 10:36 AM

Sep 2012
So, was it just me or is this new guy "Silver" Hugh Jackman?
Sep 27, 2013 11:09 AM
May 2013
SwordsmanDan said:
So, was it just me or is this new guy "Silver" Hugh Jackman?
lol can't unsee it now XD
Sep 27, 2013 11:26 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Now we have Devil Slaying Magic. Interested what this E.N.D. is. I wonder if Corona will join Fairy Tail.

Sep 27, 2013 11:48 AM

Aug 2012
Excellent chapter IMO.

Natsu finally getting you hear something about Igneel. So I'm guessing he's dead.
Just WTF is E.N.D.!!?

That Demon Slayer seem to be Gray's father.
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Sep 27, 2013 11:49 AM

Apr 2008
Marhuto said:
Excellent chapter IMO.

Natsu finally getting you hear something about Igneel. So I'm guessing he's dead.
Just WTF is E.N.D.!!?

Gray's father is dead like the rest of his family after Deliora =_=
Sep 27, 2013 11:52 AM

Jun 2011
Darklight0303 said:
Marhuto said:
Excellent chapter IMO.

Just WTF is E.N.D.!!?

You sure do hate it whenever Gray is part of the main story, don't you.

I mean, come on. Silver? Ice Mage? Black Spiky Hair? Pointy Eyes? It's pretty obvious that this guy is Gray's father.
Sep 27, 2013 11:55 AM

Apr 2008
FastWheels said:
Darklight0303 said:
Marhuto said:
Excellent chapter IMO.

Just WTF is E.N.D.!!?

I mean, come on. Silver? Ice Mage? Black Spiky Hair? Pointy Eyes? It's pretty obvious that this guy is Gray's father.

Ur's husband. Both ice mages and Ultear was a powerhouse from birth. Gray did not have ice magic fro mteh start. He learned it from Ur. These are facts. Not superficial wishful thinking.
Sep 27, 2013 1:07 PM

Dec 2012
Great chapter. The village has been unfrozen. Yay!!. Wow a Ice devil slayer and he is a part of tartorus. Looks like Fairy Tail are gonna go up against the final branch of the barium alliance.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 27, 2013 1:23 PM

Nov 2011
Darklight0303 said:
FastWheels said:
Darklight0303 said:
Marhuto said:
Excellent chapter IMO.

Just WTF is E.N.D.!!?

Ur's husband. Both ice mages and Ultear was a powerhouse from birth. Gray did not have ice magic fro mteh start. He learned it from Ur. These are facts. Not superficial wishful thinking.

Spiky hair, pointy eyes? That's pretty fucking common among a lot of the characters in FT if you haven't noticed.

I'd say it's Ur's husband as well, Gray thought of her as a mother and we literally know nothing of Gray's actual family, opposed to Ultear's family, why start now?

Although for now it's all just speculation til we find out later.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Sep 27, 2013 1:24 PM

Feb 2012
Dark_Messiah said:
is that guy sting?? :D

its just kind of coincidence since i just finish watch/read ao no exorcist..

Lol my thought exactly after seeing him, he looks like he was just c/p'd from Ao No Exorcist.

But whatever, it's Hiro, let's see what "Devil Slayers" can do.
Sep 27, 2013 1:47 PM
May 2011
whew~ that guy's character design is amazing *-*.
ban1o.jpg
Sep 27, 2013 2:06 PM
Jul 2013
Well, since this incident is over now....

Flare, join fucking Fairy Tail, right now....

I meant, next week xD.

Also, I'd kinda want Ultear to return, since her daddy's here in action. Maybe her daddy will return her to her old self?
Sep 27, 2013 2:18 PM

Jul 2010
Atlas is cool!!
Erza still trying to save Minefva not gonna work ( we got to hate someone)
For a minute there I thought "Silver"( the demo. Slayer was Gildarts
It maybe his brother they look alike
Other than that good chapter would like to know what E.N.D is?!
I want to see Zeref again just mention what?!
Sep 27, 2013 2:32 PM

Nov 2011
I do agree with it being a little fast paced, but at the same time I think we all want that because it's painful waiting a week for nothing but one fight scene, or half a fight scene, as some chapters have done.

Personally this is why I like reading the manga as well as watching the anime- The anime tends to expand on things that happen in the manga and pace it a little bit better. Sometimes. They did a good job with Edolas at least.

And to the OP again- No, Gray is not going to become a demon slayer. Gray is too emotionally mature and stable for that and has already resisted temptation too many times to suddenly turn to the 'dark side'- Demon slaying magic is clearly some kind of dark/taboo magic that corrupts its user.
Sep 27, 2013 2:43 PM

Jun 2011
Ragix said:
Darklight0303 said:
FastWheels said:
Darklight0303 said:
Marhuto said:
Excellent chapter IMO.

Just WTF is E.N.D.!!?

Spiky hair, pointy eyes? That's pretty fucking common among a lot of the characters in FT if you haven't noticed.

I'd say it's Ur's husband as well, Gray thought of her as a mother and we literally know nothing of Gray's actual family, opposed to Ultear's family, why start now?

Although for now it's all just speculation til we find out later.

Well, I don't know. I figured it would be pretty obvious. Mainly because Gray and Silver have somewhat similar names, but I don't know.
Sep 27, 2013 3:14 PM
Mar 2013
Tbh, Gray said his family died. I don't know if he found the bodies so it's unsure. I am betting on gray's dad or Ur's husband.
Sep 27, 2013 4:31 PM

Jun 2013
looks promising. I hope hiro won´t "mashima" this arc!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Today, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.