Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2009 12:55 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, this wasn't very impressive. I guess this is another episode where the character refuses to face reality, kind of like Inuo back in episode 7 or something, only this episode was done much crappier. I didn't even know this many people still listen to radio programs these days.

*sighs* Anyways, the next episode looks fillerish as well, unfortunately. I hope it'll be better than this episode, and I hope we reach the climax soon.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Feb 11, 2009 9:20 PM

Mar 2008
i personally liked this episode because it portrayed a theme which teenagers can easily relate to. sure, it does seem very similar to Inuo's case, but the theme is very different imo. it's Growing Up.

For Inuo, it was more a case of living a life of deceit and rejecting the truth. But in this episode, the girl (i cant remember her name ^^;) is refusing to grow up and accept that it's all just business, nothing personal.

as an example, take the case when a child learns that santa claus is actually mommy and daddy, or that fairy tales are fairy tales. it's sometimes very hard for a teenager to accept reality as an adult. sometimes, we choose to hold dear on to our dreams and refuse to go with the flow.

another thing is that maybe she has very few friends, and really thinks the radio announcer cares about her. well, she actually blushed at his words.. lol.. cute naive girl..

i think that was why she pulled the rope.. well, in this episode i kept on guessing which person she would send.. since both her friend and the composer deserve it from her point of view.. her decision was quite shocking.. but it kinda made sense.. if she sent the composer, then her beloved radio announcer's personality would inevitably change and ppl would notice it..

this season has really deep metaphors and themes..
for those who are interested, try listening to the 反省会 for each episode at biglobe streaming. the director and producer discusses every episode for about 5 mins.

@guyklc: hmm i think most ppl only listen to radio on the way to work nowadays? my radio broke down so i havent listened for a long time.. but recently i've been listening to anime specials' internet radio broadcasts, like minakike(minami ke) and candy boy's radio broadcast. actually i didnt really know about radio composers before watching this episode.. but after watching this, i understood how those announcers can talk so fast without pausing sometimes.. but yeah, TV is a lot more popular than radio..
lonehunter88Feb 11, 2009 9:34 PM
Mar 21, 2009 2:18 AM
Nov 2008
I Totally like this ep.

The "I'm just a crazy looking for a cage" (Tsukihana's lyric) issue has been taken to extreme here!

Comparing the one who can accept the truth and live on with her own adaptation...a good mental health girl

And the other who's so obsessive and cannot accept the truth... girl with bad mental health

AND MANY OF MY COUNTRY ARE LIKE THIS OBSESSIVE GIRL WHO CANNOT ACCEPT THE TRUTH so psst. my country's radio broadcaster never psst.smile psst. and no free speech here psst.
May 6, 2009 8:59 PM

Jun 2008
Another person gets send to hell for stupid reasons. Keep away from fan girls. They are crazy and dangerous.
Again there was no scene of torture but i guess it would feel unfair for that poor girl to have such a scene.

Lol at the scene were Emma Ai new the words of the show. Crazy fan girl Emma Ai. Ha! Ha! that was funny.
MonadMay 6, 2009 9:03 PM
May 28, 2009 12:18 AM

Mar 2009
hehe ai is a fan girl of that guy too ^_^

I wished they showed what the guy actor for the radio show looked liked though, I'm still curious >.<

Also, the girl *so* did not deserve to go to hell, but then that seems to be the theme so far, huh? =P
Sep 28, 2009 3:36 PM

Aug 2009
Lol at Ai being a fan of that Joutario radio channel.

Besides, why would you send someone to hell with that kind of reasoning? Every programs are scripted, damnit.

Sending someone to hell just because of a radio program being scripted?
Aaaaah e-rageee.
Jan 25, 2010 2:59 PM

Nov 2009
wow chii-chan... at first i didnt no WHO she was gonna send 2 hell... hehe then i finally got it when she pulled out hone-onae... still stupid scripts!!! XP haha
Feb 20, 2011 4:59 AM

Oct 2008
Urgh *facepalm*
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 9, 2011 3:58 PM
Jun 2009
If she hated the fact that the show was scripted, wouldn't it make more sense to get rid of the script writer instead of the fan?
Aug 14, 2011 6:06 PM

Dec 2010
First thing to say - Chi-chan was really kawai.
Somehow I knew that Chi-chan will send Frog Princess to hell. Mitsuganae's theme was pretty much predicting it - people want to escape reality and they punish every person who prevent them to do so. So Frog Princess was pretty much the one who'll end up in hell. Only she knew about the scripting. She was probably the only person around her who was aware of the truth, so even her presence was unlikable for Chi-chan.
One thing more. It might not be as strong reason as the first one, but still it's possible to be true one. Maybe Chi-chan deeply hurt by what happened to her decided that she does not want more people in future to get deceived by the likes of script writers, so she prevented Frog Princess from becoming one. Yes, I know this is not in Mitsuganae's spirit, but if it was Season 1 it would probably turn out to something like this. In this season people are too much of egoists compared to the one in Season 1.
Feb 3, 2012 1:07 AM

Dec 2011
Contrary to the majority here, I actually liked this episode. Even though it was simple, I still think it was well-developed... though perhaps that's just because I like the series so much, idk.

EDIT: I just read your post, @Meritas (one post above this), and I think what you wrote was very interesting, and I agree with you. Very, very interesting points.
kesmikcuzFeb 3, 2012 1:11 AM
Signature:
Jul 3, 2012 12:07 AM

Jul 2011
mind fucked <____<
Aug 10, 2012 3:53 PM

May 2012
Great episode but what a plot twist, why would chi-chan banish the other girl rather than the writer oO, oh well it was a nice story! up to the next episode :D
Sep 20, 2012 5:16 PM

Apr 2011
Shocked to find out the friend was sent. I predicted the announcer or the writer... man, wasn't prepare for this.
Sep 25, 2012 3:16 AM

Jan 2012
another flawless woman's logic episode....

love this show
Dec 18, 2012 10:06 AM

Jun 2011
This show just keeps surprising me, every time when I think I knew who was gonna be sent to hell, it's someone different and for a stupid reason T.T
Mar 6, 2013 1:54 AM

Jun 2012
I kinda liked this episode. It's fun to see how they always crack in the end and pretend like nothing happened xD
Dec 7, 2013 5:41 AM

Jun 2012
well this time i was totally wrong who was going to hell i knew who frog girl was first moment i saw her but actually thought she would sent her to hell because she got more read lately.

well that was probably hard to find out who she loved was just made but yeah welcome to real life the same thing happens here to lol.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Jan 17, 2014 10:24 AM

Nov 2013
This episode was kinda terrible....like no one listens to radio programs like that anymore, like i have to say the ending was a little creepy with her self denial of her role model being scripted and still getting those little bells, its turned into an obsession. The thing i don't get is how could one get obsessed by doing that? Like is the girl that brainless to understand that there is more to life than her role model (forgot his name) like seriously she needs help. I wish this show would have more reoccurring characters cuz i feel like each episode is like half of a story and the rest never gets finished.
Dec 12, 2014 11:44 PM

Nov 2013
I liked this episode until Chiriko went all fangirl mode on Kaname just because she wanted to become a radio scenario writer like Jotaro and sent her to hell. Just when I thought the contractors couldn't get any stupider.

What pissed me off the most was that Chiriko was so stupid that she killed off her friend instead of the script writer. Just shows how crazy fangirls are.

Seeing her hugging her radio like a crazy bitch at the end pissed me off to no end.

I haven't wanted to punch a girl so hard in quite a while. FUCK YOU CHIRIKO YOU PSYCHO BITCH!

6/10 average episode.

Oct 14, 2015 1:59 AM

Aug 2014
The main girl is so useless. And once again the reason to send someone to hell is retarded.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
May 11, 2016 1:43 PM

Feb 2015
I'm not even surprised anymore, these stupid reasons just keep piling up one after the other.
Oct 20, 2016 1:21 PM

Jun 2015
I'll modify the name I gave to this season before from innocent people being sent to hell to innocent people being sent to hell and crazy senders
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 8, 2017 10:23 AM

Apr 2009
Another meh episode.

No more punishment before sending to hell?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2017 7:03 PM
Mar 2016
^^i guess they didnt show a punishment for her because she didnt really do anything wrong, so it wasnt worth the screentime.
ai is also getting progressively creepy with her random stares.
the main girl is SO useless and cant change anything, but so was hajime until the last few episodes, and even in season 2, so i wont lose hope for her yet
Oct 28, 2017 10:45 AM

May 2015
What a dumb reason. My god.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 21, 2018 8:02 AM

Oct 2015
Unfortunately, Chi-chan is a piece of trash. And Yuzuki is back to square one: uselessness.
Jun 11, 2019 7:44 AM

Jun 2017
Ai was very very cute during this episode, being a fan of that light night show to the surprise of everyone else, lol. Anyway, still cute.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Feb 1, 2021 8:03 AM

Mar 2019
"Girls Mature Faster Than Boys."
Idk about this saying man. This girl was straight up dumb, I don't have anything to say. Why did you a send your "new" friend to hell. It's not worth, at all.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 18, 2021 9:47 PM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
Alex_TheForest said:
"Girls Mature Faster Than Boys."
Idk about this saying man. This girl was straight up dumb, I don't have anything to say. Why did you a send your "new" friend to hell. It's not worth, at all.

While it's true that biologically girls mature a few years earlier than boys, some people are just born stupid. This girl was a prime example.

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Jan 27, 2022 12:20 PM

Aug 2013
Chi-chan really hated to see another girl boss winning, and understanding what scripting was. Man was she immature.
Jan 27, 2022 12:24 PM

Jul 2021
can't believe this thread is still going since 2009
Nov 12, 2022 8:02 PM
Dec 2017
another decent episode i suppose

Jun 18, 2023 4:18 PM

May 2015
Sometimes I feel like every pointless thing is a reason to send someone to hell. Episodes like this are not my favorites.
Aug 11, 2023 3:33 PM

Sep 2017
The girl just suffered from low general knowledge. I'm pretty sure everyone knows that radio programs are written beforehand.
خ
Nov 19, 2023 6:58 PM
Mar 2016
Girl basically finds out that santa claus isn't real and sends herself and her best friend to hell for it. I can't take this show seriously anymore, what an absolute joke. They ran out of ideas a long time ago but this scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

More topics from this board

» do you really believe that all thee victims deserved to go to hell

geekfreak17a - May 17, 2014

5 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 19, 2023 8:37 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 27, 2008

72 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 18, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 23 Discussion

guyklc - Mar 14, 2009

47 by patkarunungan »»
Nov 11, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beave - Mar 20, 2009

52 by Phobossus »»
Aug 26, 2023 3:02 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

guyklc - Nov 22, 2008

82 by Phobossus »»
Aug 21, 2023 10:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.