Forum Settings
Forums

Anime 'Psycho-Pass' to Have New TV Series and Movie

New
Sep 6, 2013 6:03 AM

Sep 2012
During the project conference on "Psycho-Pass" held on Nico-Nico Douga, it was announced that the anime will have a new TV series season and a movie made. Schedule, staff, and cast have not been disclosed yet. It is not clear if any character from the first season, which aired in Fall 2012, will repeat his or her role in the new season or movie.

Source: Twitter of Yamamoto Kouji, chief producer of NoitaminA TV

Psycho-Pass 2 & Psycho-Pass Movie on MAL
myanimelistllcFeb 20, 2016 12:35 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 6, 2013 6:06 AM

Apr 2009
Let's hope they use the second season to work on all the loose ends the first one left open.
Oh, and they should also stop misquoting Nietzsche and Hegel. A bit less pretentiousness and a bit more actual depth would be nice, it would make the show worthwile.
NidhoeggrSep 6, 2013 6:12 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 6, 2013 6:10 AM

Jan 2012
God this show was bad
Sep 6, 2013 6:10 AM

Sep 2012
I've been waiting for this, glad to have it confirmed

A second season AND a movie? God damn
Sep 6, 2013 6:12 AM

Aug 2013
Mixed feelings. The overall first season of PP still left a lot to be desired of. It had strong thematic message and interesting plot, but the executions were all over the place, particularly in the second half. And to be frank, i'm getting tired with Urobuchi's knack to go about and throws too many philosopical statements, which makes the dialogues repetitive over time. And while the ending was a bit banal, it still left many unanswered speculations, in which my expectations for the second seaon lies on
Sep 6, 2013 6:12 AM

Sep 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
Let's hope they use the second season to work on all the loose ends the first one left open.

This, it was the biggest problem with the first season. With that bad ending I hope this had already been planned.

Nidhoeggr said:
Oh, and they should also stop misquoting Nietzsche and Hegel. A bit less pretentiousness and a bit more actual depth would be nice.

Fallacy.
Sep 6, 2013 6:15 AM
Feb 2012
Difficult to make this a success with the best character being dead.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 6, 2013 6:16 AM

Apr 2009
Litrydow said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Oh, and they should also stop misquoting Nietzsche and Hegel. A bit less pretentiousness and a bit more actual depth would be nice.

Fallacy.

Amiluhur said:
And to be frank, i'm getting tired with Urobuchi's knack to go about and throws too many philosopical statements, which makes the dialogues repetitive over time. And while the ending was a bit banal, it still left many unanswered speculations, in which my expectations for the second seaon lies on

The thing is, this series has potential for a lot of subtle character and theme development, yet all antagonists and some other characters seem to have taken a liking to explain their philosophy in overly long and rather obvious ways. Not inherently bad (I like GitS, after all), but it is strangely inconsequential and the execution just doesn't follow up on it.

GuiltyKing said:
Difficult to make this a success with the best character being dead.

We still have that lesbian flashback episode that was never put to use in S1.
Sep 6, 2013 6:17 AM

Nov 2008
Hell yeah!!!
Sep 6, 2013 6:20 AM

Jul 2011
Wait...it's a second season, a remake or an spin-off?
Sep 6, 2013 6:22 AM

Sep 2012
wooo yeah!
Sep 6, 2013 6:23 AM

Dec 2010
renders said:
God this show was bad

nope
Sep 6, 2013 6:23 AM

Sep 2012
ainky said:
Wait...it's a second season, a remake or an spin-off?
Definitely won't be remake because Yamamoto said that both the new TV series and the movie will have new story.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 6, 2013 6:24 AM

Aug 2013
Nidhoeggr said:

Ugh, anything but this one. The lesbian sex scene at the last eps was already a huge turn off for me and i sincerely wish Urobuchi won't exploit such thing for the sake of ramping up the edginess anymore
Sep 6, 2013 6:27 AM

Aug 2012
HEEEEEEEELLLL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHA
Sep 6, 2013 6:28 AM

Apr 2009
Amiluhur said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Ugh, anything but this one. The lesbian sex scene at the last eps was already a huge turn off for me and i sincerely wish Urobuchi won't exploit such thing for the sake of ramping up the edginess anymore

I have mixed feeling about that part of PP: Sure, we have to ask ourselves if this was really necessary but on the other hand this could make for a decent subplot and initiate a character arc with potential.

And now that think about it... is there a strong possibility for the movie being the final of the entire franchise and therefore a sequel to S2?
Sep 6, 2013 6:35 AM
Oct 2011
OMG haha awsome ^^ Almost too good to be true~

On another note: Am I the ONLY one around here who think the first season's ending was nothing short of perfect? I even got goosebumps...
Sep 6, 2013 6:35 AM

Jun 2012
This is good news, I really liked the first season.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Sep 6, 2013 6:36 AM
Oct 2009
Extremely interested if there's anything Makishima Shougo related.
If not, I'll probably check it out (if I feel like it). It's not like Psycho Pass wasn't flawed, but I liked the style and the occasional cruelty of the series.
Sep 6, 2013 6:37 AM

Dec 2012
It seems that they were planing for season 2 by the way Psycho-Pass ended. Now, it is finally confirmed.
Sep 6, 2013 6:38 AM

Jun 2009
I hope that movie will be adaptation of prequel novel. ^^
Sep 6, 2013 6:39 AM

Aug 2010
I hit my computer the moment I saw the news. I will apologize to it later.

This series needed this. There was so much interesting stuff going on and the way the story ended made me crave for more. Now my hue is restored I'll be leaving the asylum tomorrow.
Sep 6, 2013 6:44 AM

Apr 2011
Great news! I was waiting for a S2 but the movie came as a surprise.

But PP without Maki won't be the same.
Sep 6, 2013 6:44 AM

May 2011
The first season was okay but like most people are saying, hopefully this one is more solid.
Sep 6, 2013 6:46 AM

May 2013
The aniticipation! Hopefully they'll be at least as good as s1 was.
Sep 6, 2013 6:48 AM

May 2013
I'm so happy :3
I like this show~
Sep 6, 2013 6:50 AM

Nov 2011
KajaKamisama said:
I like this show~

Ditto.

Double the fun as well with a film.
Sep 6, 2013 6:51 AM

Aug 2007
I didn't complete the first season, I got bored at the middle of it!
Sep 6, 2013 6:52 AM

Jun 2012
So is the movie a recap?
Sep 6, 2013 6:52 AM

Feb 2011
Words cannot describe my joy.
Sep 6, 2013 6:54 AM

Feb 2009
Greatest news ever
I'am Thou And Thou Art I...And we're a HAPPY FAMILY!!!
Sep 6, 2013 6:59 AM

Jun 2008
Now i definitly need to continue the show.
Sep 6, 2013 6:59 AM
Mar 2010
Excuse me while I go and fangirl and scream with joy.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Sep 6, 2013 7:00 AM
May 2012
Good Good

I think I'm going to like the first season I shall watch it.
Sep 6, 2013 7:05 AM
Feb 2012
Somebody jog my memory about that lesbian scene in the last episode. I don't recall anything off the top of my head.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 6, 2013 7:06 AM

Jan 2011
Stark700 said:
KajaKamisama said:
I like this show~

Ditto.

Double the fun as well with a film.

This so much.

CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL
[center]
Sep 6, 2013 7:09 AM

Sep 2012
GuiltyKing said:
Somebody jog my memory about that lesbian scene in the last episode. I don't recall anything off the top of my head.
Some people are so sensitive to homosexuality that such a small detail has to become the first thing they remember when this anime is mentioned LOL

Sep 6, 2013 7:11 AM

Jan 2012
They shouldn't have made a second season.That ending would have sufficed.Whatever I'm not gonna watch it
Sep 6, 2013 7:13 AM
Feb 2012
symbv said:
GuiltyKing said:
Some people are so sensitive to homosexuality that such a small detail has to become the first thing they remember when this anime is mentioned LOL

Now I still don't know what scene you guys are talking about.
Sep 6, 2013 7:19 AM

Jun 2013
Hell yea I love this anime! I hope they get Ling Tosite Sigure to do another opening.
Sep 6, 2013 7:19 AM

Sep 2012
GuiltyKing said:

So you really do forget... OK, it's in ep.22
http://randomc.net/image/PSYCHO-PASS/PSYCHO-PASS%20-%2022%20-%20Large%2037.jpg

One thing that fans commented a lot is the odd perspective that shows the feet much larger than the head...

Sep 6, 2013 7:22 AM

Apr 2009
GuiltyKing said:
symbv said:
GuiltyKing said:

It was just a random small sex scene in episode 22. Nothing big, but with all the buildup Yayoi received relationship-wise it would be a shame to not utilize this potential in S2.
Sep 6, 2013 7:22 AM

Apr 2013
JUST SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
Sep 6, 2013 7:23 AM

Jul 2010
Well, hell yes!
Sep 6, 2013 7:24 AM

Aug 2013
symbv said:

Oh look, another sarcasm from our dear symbv-sama. Just because someone being turned off by a single thing in a show then he's instantly labeled "sensitive". Very nice comment btw.

@guiltyKing : watch eps 22 till the end. That's all
Sep 6, 2013 7:24 AM

Jul 2012
Was crossing my fingers for a second season or a movie. Both is even better.
Sep 6, 2013 7:25 AM

Dec 2010
CAUSE I FEEEEEL
Sep 6, 2013 7:28 AM

Sep 2012
Amiluhur said:
Oh look, another sarcasm from our dear symbv-sama. Just because someone being turned off by a single thing in a show then he's instantly labeled "sensitive". Very nice comment btw.
Such turn-off and bitching comes so often (and in fact predictable) that I am sure it is annoying to many people. Those people state only the lesbian sex but nothing else when they talk about this series which means they are defining the anime purely from the perspective of lesbian sex. Is it fair? No. Is it sensitive? I would even say it is OVERLY sensitive. I am fine with someone who does not find homosexuality to his liking but the only comment or thought he could come up with about the show is just those few seconds of lesbian scene which is not even part of any main story in the anime? I'd say - Come On !
symbvSep 6, 2013 7:32 AM

Sep 6, 2013 7:34 AM
Feb 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
GuiltyKing said:
symbv said:
GuiltyKing said:

It was just a random small sex scene in episode 22. Nothing big, but with all the buildup Yayoi received relationship-wise it would be a shame to not utilize this potential in S2.

Yeah, it's slowly coming back. Thanks.
It's difficult- and useless- to remember all the random stuff that happens in every show when having watched many anime. If it were slightly memorable, that would be a different story. But a random lesbian scene without any further development? Yeah, no.
Sep 6, 2013 7:34 AM

Apr 2009
symbv said:
Amiluhur said:
Such turn-off and bitching comes so often (and in fact predictable) that I am sure it is annoying to many people. Those people state only the lesbian sex but nothing else when they talk about this series which means they are defining the anime purely from the perspective of lesbian sex. Is it fair? No. Is it sensitive? I would even say it is OVERLY sensitive. I am fine with someone who does not find homosexuality to his liking but the only comment or thought he could come up with about the show is just those few seconds of lesbian scene which is not even part of any main story in the anime? I'd say - Come On !

I like how you assume that everyone who cites this lesbian sex scene is always a homophobe and is not citing it because... well, it is kinda pointless as Yayoi's character was left hanging despite so many advances in that direction. It is just one of the more obvious examples of the open threads PP still has, don't blow it out of proportion.
Not everyone is able to unconditionally love 70% of the Japanese output like you.
NidhoeggrSep 6, 2013 7:37 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 1 hour ago

4 by nec0_0 »»
1 hour ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

7 by malvarez1 »»
1 hour ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Kushna »»
5 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.