Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 9 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 30, 2013 7:16 PM
Apr 2013
hybrid100 said:
Sakura is a terrible friend, what did she think this would accomplish, nearly got everyone killed? DUMB BITCH THANK GOD SHE DIED

She left a note she didnt think it would get hidden and stuff. She imagined that they would know that it was a suicide right away
Aug 30, 2013 7:17 PM

Jan 2011
quite the good episode felt the pacing was quite nice,question how big of a spoiler is seeing who the 16th person is i'm just curious to see what they look like.
Aug 30, 2013 7:43 PM

Nov 2011
The trial seems better than the previous trials even though they changed stuff here too.

Monokuma is indeed a bastard but I still like that thing.

The 16th student is Mukuro Ikusaba, wonder where she has been all this time. I mean every student must take part in the Class Trial but Mukuro is nowhere to be seen. I don't think she is given an exception, I mean that's not fair.

Aug 30, 2013 8:07 PM

May 2008
And now the most noble Sakura is dead, and everyone can team together and fight Monokuma. The death of Alter Ego was not that dramatic as in the game, i guess the game made me feel closer to the Alter Ego as compared to the anime.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 30, 2013 8:09 PM

Sep 2011
katsu044 said:
quite the good episode felt the pacing was quite nice,question how big of a spoiler is seeing who the 16th person is i'm just curious to see what they look like.
Just seeing them isnt a spoiler, but i guarantee you if you even try to look it up you will get the biggest spoiler in the entire series spoiled, So dont, if your really that curious ill send you a pic of her

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 30, 2013 8:24 PM

Sep 2012
Just think of something: So why is there a magazine that is put on the rack upside down? It never features in the trial. So it is a red herring? Or it is related to some later story? Or they simply forgot to deal with it in the anime?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 30, 2013 8:24 PM

Dec 2012
So in the end Sakura killed herself. Didn't expect Alter Ego to be destroyed.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 30, 2013 9:05 PM

Jun 2009
United they stand!!!

Sakura will get monokuma back for sure? I wonder what's going on?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2013 9:06 PM

Jul 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
hybrid100 said:
Sakura is a terrible friend, what did she think this would accomplish, nearly got everyone killed? DUMB BITCH THANK GOD SHE DIED
Sakura just saved the current students asses by breaking the chain of murders as well as in death brought together the 6 students to begin rebelling against monobear, even the guy whos been saying hes going to kill the entire series. I think you completely missed the point

Sakura's not a terrible person but I think what's trying to be said is that Sakura's plan almost got them all killed and it would have been thanks to Asahina (since Sakura didn't just straight up tell Asahina she was going to commit suicide to stop the fighting).

Was there really any need for a hidden 16th student AND an agent?
You may read this quote , "However, by that point you'll have been torn to pieces."
Aug 30, 2013 9:09 PM

Sep 2012
xSlink said:
Was there really any need for a hidden 16th student AND an agent?
I guess they want to change the direction of the anime. If they keep at the current pace, they will just run out characters to interact with each other - too many are killed already. So instead of 1 kill 1, 1 kill 1 kill 1, 1 kill herself, they need something new, which is why I think they are bringing in new character.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 30, 2013 9:10 PM

Nov 2012
Sakura's will was a fake,it was just some random paper Monobear scribbled on!Wtf,what kind of a plot twist was that?

Sakura committed suicide to stop the fighting between everyone.

And Sakura says she's she'll get the mastermind somehow,but she's died?And wonder what she meant by something in their bodies?

And Ikusaba Mukuro is the 16th classmate.
Aug 30, 2013 9:22 PM

Jun 2013
Huh, they threw the upside down mag in as useless evidence.

I really thought that it was Togami who killed Ogami. I was thinking that he put that chair somewhat close to the door, then removed a pane from the glass window, pulled the chair to lock the room, then put the pane back in, then the rest was explained.

16th student? Wonder how that's gonna affect them.
Aug 30, 2013 9:35 PM

Sep 2012
Hamelin said:
My question is: Is it also merely some useless evidence in the game? How did the magazine get upside-down in the first place?

Aug 30, 2013 9:42 PM
Mar 2010
symbv said:
Hamelin said:
My question is: Is it also merely some useless evidence in the game? How did the magazine get upside-down in the first place?

Explained in comment #35 of this topic.

I feel like some of the corners that have been cut are bad decisions... they show things that aren't explained later (magazine) and don't show things that are later explained (don't recall them ever showing the protein bottle on top of the glass shards). How are viewers supposed to even reason out the argument like that?

As for ninja Kirigiri:

edit: english hard
Aug 30, 2013 10:08 PM

Jan 2012
Oh, you're quickly losing blood? Here's a protein shake for you. That was just hilarious.
Aug 30, 2013 10:30 PM

Apr 2012
Commiting suicide was this time something different but I am getting tired of the story a little. I thnk it lacks of creativity. I wonder if this mysterious 16. high schooler makes the story more interesting ^^
Aug 30, 2013 10:56 PM

May 2011
They played the blame game much better in this trial. They really made the viewer think the murderer was Asahina.

They didn't animate the bath scene, so let's see if they briefly animate the alternate ending?
Aug 30, 2013 10:59 PM

Sep 2012
daultimate said:
symbv said:
Hamelin said:
Explained in comment #35 of this topic.
That means the anime cut out part of the game and then forgot to explain that it is a red herring.

I have now found out where they have cut from the game, which includes everything about the magazine !!

http://blog-imgs-62-origin.fc2.com/s/h/i/shino134/5781468710.jpg

Aug 31, 2013 1:03 AM

May 2011
Respect to what Sakura tried to do with her death. Now they all seem more united than ever. But now that Kirigiri's discovered the identity of the hidden 16th highschooler though, oh boy he/she is gonna spice things up.
Aug 31, 2013 1:07 AM

Aug 2008
Inugirlz said:
Am i the only one who's wondering how Kirigiri got into Naegi's room after the credits? Does he really sleep with his door open????

I was wondering that too...unless he trusts her enough to give her a key. I ship it!
Aug 31, 2013 1:56 AM

Sep 2012
hybrid100 said:

You didn't understand anything about this case, right? No one is playing Monokuma's game anymore thanks to her.

Anyway Great Episode. Monokuma you magnificent bastard!
Aug 31, 2013 2:07 AM

Jan 2013
amazing episode .. and that ending scene . cool as it was in the game ..
now let's see how next episode gonna end xD
-CnXaDi.
Aug 31, 2013 3:12 AM

Nov 2008
The only good thing about this adaptation is the extra Monokuma actions we see.
Aug 31, 2013 3:27 AM

Nov 2009
"It was straight out of a horror movie." How rude.

I'm still wondering how those pictures were produced. Was Monobear perhaps sending those pictures to their families so the outside won't suspect of what's happening inside?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2013 4:03 AM

Jul 2012
New character unlocked!!!
Aug 31, 2013 4:34 AM

Dec 2012
For me, the high point of this episode was smashing up Alter Ego. Thank god that's gone. Overall a better episode imo, things are heating up a bit although still feels like there's lots of asspulls incoming.
Aug 31, 2013 4:44 AM

Jan 2011
Wow, I really did think Asahina was the one that killed Sakura but Sakura actually commit suicide. Monokuma is such a troll, replacing Sakura's will with another. D: Damn, Monobear found out about Alter Ego and smashed the hell out of it. Wait, there's a 16th highschooler?! The Super Duper High School Despair, Ikusaba Mukuro. Damn, that was a great episode. Really excited to find out what happens next.
5/5
Aug 31, 2013 5:04 AM

May 2010
Asahina killed Sakura??? I thought it is true, but I wanted to doubt it... I am so glad that Naegi saved her. I am so glad that she was lying...when I shouldn't be.

Oogami is such a respectable woman... Salute to her. Naegi knows way too much and Asahina is such a sweet girl, I am disappointed in myself that I doubted her... Salute to this friendship. Asahina is one of the most real characters in this series. Such a sad episode and once again, a big salute to Sakura and Oogami once again. They better take her lesson and I feel so much in this episode. monokuma killed alter ego instead, such a despicable person. They really have been hypnotized or something... Damn it! The ending song!!!
TragicRomanceAug 31, 2013 5:09 AM
Aug 31, 2013 5:18 AM

Mar 2013
Seriously, The upside down magazine has a important clue for this case but why they didnt use it on Class Trial ? Did the anime production forget to include it ? XDD

And here we go, The 16th student, Super High School Level Despair,Ikusaba Mukuro.
Aug 31, 2013 5:24 AM

Mar 2013
Jovy said:

That's lame,it should have been more this : Kirigiri want to stalk Naegi so she pick lock his door with Monokuma's consent and just stand there watching Naegi's drooling sleeping face for hours until 3AM before she finally get down to less important business like revealing the 16th student.
Aug 31, 2013 5:30 AM
Oct 2012
I'm new to this forum stuff lol ^_^

I just want to know when is episode 10 going to be aired?
Aug 31, 2013 6:04 AM

Oct 2008
DreadHead said:
I'm new to this forum stuff lol ^_^

I just want to know when is episode 10 going to be aired?

Next week

I actually have spoiled myself for almost the entire game but the way they adapted the emotion into this trial was fucking heart-breaking, even worse then in the game ;~;
I loved Ohgami. *salutes*
Aug 31, 2013 6:15 AM

Jan 2010
What a fucking episode! It was kind of anticlimax but still gave it to leave the atmosphere of the anime even better.

The fact that the anime is being well run does not change the plot, but it's a shame that only four episodes remaining, I wanted to highlight more Kirigiri):
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Aug 31, 2013 6:45 AM
May 2012
VanishingKira said:
Sakura's will was a fake,it was just some random paper Monobear scribbled on!Wtf,what kind of a plot twist was that?

Sakura committed suicide to stop the fighting between everyone.

And Sakura says she's she'll get the mastermind somehow,but she's died?And wonder what she meant by something in their bodies?

And Ikusaba Mukuro is the 16th classmate.

There was something which wasn't told in the anime actually, Sakura also killed herself because remember Monokuma mentioned earlier on that Sakura has to kill someone if there is not going to be any murders? Since Sakura cannot bear to kill any of her friends, she decided to take her own life instead so that her dojo friends would not be harmed.
Aug 31, 2013 6:52 AM

Mar 2009
I love Touko's voice acting!!
Aug 31, 2013 7:10 AM

Sep 2009
This is such a sad episode :'(
Sakura was one of my favorite..
And I got a teary eyed when Asahina said that she killed Sakura even though it's not true.. and pointed some bad things that was done by those 3 people to Sakura :'(
"..But you trampled all over her feelings driving her to despair and suicide."
Aug 31, 2013 7:20 AM
Nov 2010
The only good thing about this adaptation is the extra Monokuma actions we see.

Absolutely! Especially with the 4th incentive with Monokuma grilling a squid instead of popping up from the stand as usual. Absolutely hilarious.

Actually I was grinning ear to ear with this episode. Yeah a lot of the evidence was pretty damn useless and the door being locked was still an animation fuck up but how the smoothed it in made up for it, but yeah... Monokuma is still an asshole.

Can't wait to see what's coming to him. Oh wakuwakuwaku indeed.
Aug 31, 2013 8:52 AM

Jul 2013
By far the best episode so far. I really enjoyed this one. Finally after all those episodes I slugged through the real story is coming in!
I've already known there was 1 6th student from reading some spoiler tags here and there in previous forums. I have no idea what good it does- why is there a 16th student? Hopefully it's in the next episode because i'm dying to know.
Also, I thought it was against the rules to be out of bed after 10pm. When monobear saw Kirigi and Naegi why didn't he say anything? Maybe it was because he was so nervous that they were standing right by the data room which holds some sort of secret? Is that where the 16th student is? zzzzpzzzzzp
Aug 31, 2013 9:19 AM

Oct 2011
sparkls said:
By far the best episode so far. I really enjoyed this one. Finally after all those episodes I slugged through the real story is coming in!
I've already known there was 1 6th student from reading some spoiler tags here and there in previous forums. I have no idea what good it does- why is there a 16th student? Hopefully it's in the next episode because i'm dying to know.
Also, I thought it was against the rules to be out of bed after 10pm. When monobear saw Kirigi and Naegi why didn't he say anything? Maybe it was because he was so nervous that they were standing right by the data room which holds some sort of secret? Is that where the 16th student is? zzzzpzzzzzp

I was thinking that person was hiding in the Principal Office. Watching them. The Data room probably has the school's secret in it.
Aug 31, 2013 9:20 AM

Apr 2008
good episodeeee ahhh. sakura is cool, what a bro she was. kinda upsetting seeing alter ego destroyed noooo. it was like everyone's little buddy.

few more episodes next, idk what could happen! SHIT'S GON' HIT DA FAN. i hope no one else dies tbh because all the remaining characters are pretty dope.

i <3 fukawa
Aug 31, 2013 9:24 AM

Sep 2011
ummyeah said:

i hope no one else dies tbh because all the remaining characters are pretty dope.
Exactly how i felt when i got to this point in the game, though hagakure is no where near as funny as he was in the game though im sure they will leave in some of his funnier moments next episode, they have handled everyone else really well

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 31, 2013 9:35 AM

Jan 2013
Those 2 admitted to smashing Sakura's head with the glass bottle, but are still acting like "So what? I didn't deal the finishing blow". hmmm

The 30 seconds of investigation time, pacing and skipping of evidence was horrible as usual. At least in the first trial we had 10mins of investigation time.

However I am very interested to see how all these will wrap up, and who's going to go next. 3/5, but looking forward to the next episode!
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Aug 31, 2013 10:16 AM
Jan 2011
As expected Sakura dies and that bimbo Aoi wants to have everyone killed by making them do a wrong conviction.

16th student has been introduced; Ikusaba Mukuro...

Mod edit: removed the spoiling spoiler
koleareSep 2, 2013 2:59 AM
Aug 31, 2013 10:38 AM

Sep 2012
Amazing episode!
The trial was heart-breaking and surprised me, I wasn't expecting a suicide and Alter Ego to be destroyed.
I want the next episode!
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Aug 31, 2013 11:15 AM

Dec 2011
Wow. This case was handled better than my expectations. I was expecting Asahina killed Oogami, but it ended up Oogami killed herself.

And Kirigiri is in Naegi's room? Also what's inside that data room? And, the 16th student is introduced. Whoa. I wonder if we will have a long death case, or two more deaths this time.
Aug 31, 2013 11:34 AM

Dec 2011
Leio said:
"It was straight out of a horror movie." How rude.

I'm still wondering how those pictures were produced. Was Monobear perhaps sending those pictures to their families so the outside won't suspect of what's happening inside?

Well, the second episode made clear their families are dead. Or that was a photoshop too, I don't know.

We will see.
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Make a contract with me... /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
Aug 31, 2013 12:25 PM

Jul 2013
Hmm. This episode was awesome. Felt sorry for Asahina... And that suicide was a biggest surprise for people (like myself) who did not play the game O.o
Aug 31, 2013 12:43 PM

Apr 2012
i'd say this was one of the better adaptations.
they did their best to bring out the emotion from sakura's death, and i think it worked.
alter ego's death gets me everytime though ;___;
4 episodes left! two for each remaining case. hope they don't screw up the ending~
Aug 31, 2013 1:31 PM

Jan 2013
The outro wasn't subbed.

Hmm, something different in the courtroom this episdoe
Aug 31, 2013 1:32 PM

Jun 2013
damn she killed herself and and monobear banged the shit outta of alter ego mind fucked at the end
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2013

417 by BakaDorayaki »»
May 16, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

436 by amychar »»
May 7, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.