Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Aug 18, 2013 2:40 PM

Jul 2013
Although I prefer Ayase, I accepted him ending with Kirino, it was a very good ending, but they had to ruin it in the last minutes of the 3rd OVA. 8/10 for the 3 eps as a whole, 1/10 for the last minutes of the 3rd OVA.
Aug 18, 2013 2:42 PM
Mar 2012
so...im assuming they arent going to animate the 10 years later? :/ i was expecting it since they announced it in the ln
Aug 18, 2013 2:46 PM

Mar 2013
It was OK... maybe ~_~
Aug 18, 2013 2:47 PM

Aug 2012
Whoever wrote this series is the biggest fucking troll in existence lol.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Aug 18, 2013 2:47 PM

Feb 2012
theanimelover26 said:
so...im assuming they arent going to animate the 10 years later? :/ i was expecting it since they announced it in the ln
The 10 years later bonus isnt relevant anyway.
Aug 18, 2013 2:55 PM
Jun 2013
Hakunamatataa said:
For people complaining about incest not going "all the way".

Facts:
-Kyousuke loves Kirino. Kirino loves Kyousuke. They know that they love each other.
-Kyousuke has rejected all other girls so he's not going to have a relationship with any of them. He insists on having chosen Kirino and that nothing will change it. Kirino, too, has no other love interests, only Kyousuke.
-Kyousuke and Kirino are going to be together "forever".
-After they've come back to be "normal siblings", Kyousuke kisses Kirino (on cheek, but that's not a thing that people who are not lovers do in Japan) AND Kirino says they're "talking" about it when they get home (very suggestive).

So they clearly end up together (read between the lines; incest is controversial, understand the LN author). AND even if what I say is false (which is unlikely), I'd be happy with the ending and with what their relationship becomes even if they came back to be "100%" (impossible) normal siblings.

Incest FTW!

Thanks for this. Even if it's not what they were going for, I don't give a shit. This is what happened.
Aug 18, 2013 2:56 PM
Aug 2013
Senninn1 said:

Incest FTW!
Hakunamatataa said:

Facts:
-Kyousuke loves Kirino. Kirino loves Kyousuke. They know that they love each other.
-Kyousuke has rejected all other girls so he's not going to have a relationship with any of them. He insists on having chosen Kirino and that nothing will change it. Kirino, too, has no other love interests, only Kyousuke.
-After they've come back to be "normal siblings", Kyousuke kisses Kirino (on cheek, but that's not a thing that people who are not lovers do in Japan) AND Kirino says they're "talking" about it when they get home (very suggestive).

So they clearly end up together (read between the lines; incest is controversial, understand the LN author). AND even if what I say is false (which is unlikely), I'd be happy with the ending and with what their relationship becomes even if they came back to be "100%" (impossible) normal siblings.

Incest FTW!

Woah, I actually think you're right

And the most important thing is that now I know that what I say is actually true. Thanks to enraged, we came to know that the author of the LN would have made more explicit that they end up together, but had to end the series in a more "ambiguous" way because of Dengeki Bunko policies. But, even in the way the series ends, the author states it is a "complete Kirino ending".
Aug 18, 2013 2:58 PM

Mar 2011
Finished it recently. I hate Manami's guts, but she was the sole voice of reason in any of this. Everyone else is acting like it's all cute and adorable. No.

0/10. I would give it a lower score if I could.
Aug 18, 2013 3:00 PM

Mar 2012
I think people's biggest issue with the ending, and perhaps mine also, is the execution. That these two siblings made all these friends and had all these times together, only to shit on all that by having a secret TEMPORARY love affair. I guess Kyou couldn't say 'yeah just wanna pretend to get married to my sister and then kiss her, then I'll be normal again'. Multiple times both siblings ruminated over how they're both horrible, creepy people for having those feelings. They admitted that it wouldn't work out in real life, and Kyou admitted Manami was right. It's why i mentioned that it was karmic justice in a way, that Kyou knew his feelings were already ruining the girls affections for him, so in a way the forever alone route was fine for him. I aint gonna lie though, it WAS half-assed and pointless, to hurt all those girls like that and to just brush off everything they did as 'oh well, we had our fun whatever'. What bothers me is how it's killed everything that made season 1 good.

There are a few things to consider though.
1. If you ignore the ova this series is pretty complete, the anime's plot had a natural end in episode 13
2. Alot of people whine a TON about 'generic' rom coms and predictable plots, yet never give examples of variations they want. Yet when something as messed up as this comes along to stir the pot, they run back crying to their waifus and matchups that they wanted. Haha, just sayin
3. While the ovas and inevitable ending were fucked up no matter how you look at it, in the end girls in a harem situation will ALWAYS go through this if the guy ends up picking one. Think about all the animes left with ambiguous endings where everyone's happy cause he didn't pick anybody, and compare that to any animes where a girl is picked and it's a blow up (except maybe Oreshura, where he didn't choose the harem route, the harem route chose him, haha). In any anime where a girl is chosen it's not all happy smiles and rainbows and the girls are all 'Im happy for you =D', it's ALWAYS a blow up.

A fuckery of an ending? Yes. But a fuckery that realized it was a fuckery? Fair enough
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Aug 18, 2013 3:01 PM

Feb 2013
DeathWyhsh said:
Just pretending the show ended at the kiss scene ; w ;

I think I'll pretend the series ended right before Kuroneko broke up with Kyousuke... That works for me.
Aug 18, 2013 3:02 PM

Oct 2010
dragonshade said:
What's up with people looking for happy ever after ending
that's just lame as hell. Might as well go watch some Disney
this ending is awesome

Are you an idiot? this isn't about wanting a happy ending necessarily it's about wanting a believable one. It isn't feasible that after all this nonsense he would turn down 4 near perfect girls just so he can be with kirino for a few years. Why would he agree to that? Makes zero sense.

Although after reading this I do feel a bit better about it kinda...

"Hakunamatataa said:

Facts:

Incest FTW! "
frank_desuAug 18, 2013 3:05 PM
Aug 18, 2013 3:24 PM

May 2011
Great ending, it was everything I was hoping it would be. Got a nicely crafted incest route and a believable turn out!
Aug 18, 2013 3:26 PM

Mar 2012
wow I thought they were going to massachusetts or wherever incest is allowed. I didnt expect such a stupid idea. or maybe they could get a fake Id or something,

rejecting many people for a relationship for a day- got to be one of the lamest things ever
Aug 18, 2013 3:28 PM

Dec 2012
The storm will pass soon, people will realize it really wasn't that bad soon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2013 3:31 PM
Jun 2013
So I may or may not have just pre-ordered the happy end ps3- game... It apparently expands on the light novels. It might suck but I don't care. Oh, did I mention I got the collector's edition?
Aug 18, 2013 3:32 PM

Nov 2009
edl01 said:
weewees said:

but that aside, i'm gonna put it pretty bluntly. why all the hate on incest?

People aren't hating on incest. They're hating Kirino.

I don't care about Kirino, but if there are hate on about incest, i'll throw in some refined counter-arguments
Aug 18, 2013 3:33 PM
May 2011
I was gonna give it about 6 or 7/10 but after seeing how some people pointed out the kiss on the cheek in the end and the "talk" they were going to have (I'm thinking the talk will probably be something like they can't start any of that yet or something) I think I'll give it a 9/10 cause I think they'll get back together in the future.

(also I don't think they have no feels for each other with a kiss like that at the wedding)
Aug 18, 2013 3:38 PM

Aug 2012
That fight between Kirino and Manami was intense!
Aug 18, 2013 3:40 PM
Apr 2012
Dang, I'll miss this series... Fight was good.
Bye Yamineko a.k.a. Kuroneko!
Aug 18, 2013 3:43 PM

May 2011
Yvese said:
snip

Pretty much this, he basically just did a HUGE "FUCK YOU" to everyone wanting something serious for some glorified playtime with Kirino that won't lead to anywhere. This literally puts him to Makoto-tier of douchebagginess.
Aug 18, 2013 3:46 PM

Sep 2012
Like Johnny Depp said in Secret Window, "All that matters is the ending.". These 3 episodes are BY FAR the best episodes of the whole series. They were so intense, dramatic, romantic and funny. I have no shame in saying I almost cried multiple times.
I was in extra excitment for my favorite girl being victorius, for the author having the iron balls to write the ending most people considered impossible, and he manages to ruin everything on the very last 2 minutes.
Thats right. When everything seems perfect, when you get to the point where you say to yourself "This ending cant't be this good." ( pun intended ), it really isn't. On that very moment, everything is ruinned by one of most cowarded and pointless twists of all times. It stuns you during the whole 2 minutes, and you keep asking yourself "Is this for real? WTF? After all this? After all that drama, romance and everything? WHAT WAS THE GOD DAMN POINT OF THE SHOW?".
One of the most gratifying shows i've seen during like 30 episodes, and the worst I've seen for 2 minutes.
Delays are temporary. Mediocracy lasts forever.
Aug 18, 2013 3:47 PM

Sep 2012
DeathWyhsh said:
Just pretending the show ended at the kiss scene ; w ;
Delays are temporary. Mediocracy lasts forever.
Aug 18, 2013 3:48 PM
Jun 2009
It was one thing for people not to understand that Kyousuke and Kirino were going to continue their relationship in secret as soon as the episodes came out, but 17 pages into this thread with numerous explanations of the ending and DIRECT QUOTES from the author saying what the ending meant and the majority of people STILL say he got nothing in the end.

Human stupidity knows no bounds.
Aug 18, 2013 3:48 PM

Oct 2007
I think this series is the shining example of what happens when you let shipper crap ultimately govern the course of casts development. If you're the sort of person that just loves the drama that results from shipper crap and speculating over character pairings is what you care about most than this is the show for you. If you're someone that actually cares about everything else that goes into telling a story, developing a cast and making the things that happen therein make the most possible sense then boy are you in for a bumpy ride with this one.
Aug 18, 2013 3:52 PM

Sep 2011
Best possible ending for the two of them. I had a feeling something like this will happen. They wanted to experience that forbidden love, their truest feelings at least once. But unfortunately they can't stay together like that, because of social and moral shit. Still, they are there for each other even now as normal siblings.
Or are they? I'm still not sure, maybe they actually are together in secret, it was made very ambiguous. I believe that both outcomes are possible (reading between the lines, and what we actually saw), but it's a Kirino ending either way. Maybe it's better if it stays uncertain like that.

I don't really get people saying why didn't Kyousuke go out with an other one of the girls after this. Why would he, he doesn't love them. He loves Kirino, and since he can't be together with her (at least that way), then he feels like it's better if he stays alone, but still have her beloved sister.
Btw, I'm gonna repeat why I said earlier, I never cared who Kyousuke ends up with as long as it's not Manami (I felt that way since the very beginning of season 1). I would have even preferred if he turned gay, lol. So I would have been happy with pretty much any kind of ending. Still, Kirino is my favorite girl of the bunch, so I'm of course somewhat happier that it turned out this way :)

Manami is such a fucking manipulative bitch. I can't feel sad for her. Her whole existence was just to serve as the moral reason for Kyousuke in the end.
Kyousuke shouldn't have been mad at Kirino saying those things to Manami, she deserved it, it's just that Kyousuke doesn't fully understand what Manami has really done. Also, I would have slapped Manami if I were Kyousuke if she punched my sister like that. Fucking bitch.
The fight was nice though :D

Anyway, that wedding scene was just so beautiful and wonderful. I'm so happy they went as far as to kiss at least once :3 Kirino was also pretty in that dress :3 Pretty much one of the best scenes of the entire series.

I can kind of understand those who preferred other girls, though I wouldn't have voted it down for that reason alone. I can also understand the hate for incest, though I myself believe in true love and that it has no boundaries, so I approve incest as well as long as they know what they are doing. But I get why people would vote it down because of it, and because it wasn't really all that clear in the beginning and only seemed like borderline incest.

As for me, I liked these specials. And I liked the series as a whole. I would have been pretty glad with only the more SoL episodes like the first season, but I think the romance and drama added a lot to the series as well.
It has been a fun ride, and all the characters grew close to me, especially Kirino and Kyousuke.
I'm giving the specials a 7/10 (S1, S1 specials and S2 were all 7s as well). And with four7s, the series itself obviously gets a 7/10.

I also can't wait to see that supposed 10 years later thing. I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not though, I hope they won't ruin everything :/
RazielZeroApr 5, 2021 2:17 PM
Aug 18, 2013 3:56 PM

Apr 2013
HORSEMANURE said:
The storm will pass soon, people will realize it really wasn't that bad soon.
no it was actually THAT bad.
Aug 18, 2013 4:00 PM
Jul 2018
First season gets a great season, 2nd season not so much, 2nd season specials = It was so-so.

It could have of been better if they stayed together during the end but that just had to end it.

I wonder if their gonna have a 3rd season.
Aug 18, 2013 4:02 PM

Aug 2012
Mikenzb said:
I wonder if their gonna have a 3rd season.

No more source material to do that with.

Thank god.

mattbenz99 said:
Aug 18, 2013 4:11 PM
Lewd Connoisseur

Nov 2011
Well the series has officially went to the deep end of bland incest and now they just said, "Nope! Let's just have the Protagonist go with no one so that all of that melodrama, comedy, and romance were all there for nothing." So we just basically wasted 2 whole seasons and 3 OVAs of our lives to end up with such a lazy ending.
Aug 18, 2013 4:12 PM

Jan 2008
Yeah Kirino, kick her ass! That bitch Manami deserved it. Really made me happy when she punched her in the face and broke her glasses.

Manami really ****ed up. All it really takes was for her to confess before anyone else, and she would have succeeded, instead of choosing to be the bearer of bad news, sitting on the sideline. First come, first serve, as they say.

I don't really dig the incest route (glad it was only temporary), but I'd rather have the Kyousuke x Kirin permanent pairing, over anyone x Manami anyday, in which case; incest FTW.

Now Kyousuke has freedom to take the other girls for a dating test spin...excluding: Kuroneko because they dated already, and Sena because she's seeing someone, and Manami because she's a bitch that deserves to be a lonely crazy cat lady. All the other girls are fair game though, even if he did turn them down once. And once he's had a taste of all the (reasonable) girls, he can finally decide who to marry...for real this time.
Aug 18, 2013 4:13 PM

Aug 2012
4kicks said:
Now Kyousuke has freedom to take the other girls for a dating test spin...excluding: Kuroneko because they dated already, and Sena because she's seeing someone, and Manami because she's a bitch that deserves to be a lonely crazy cat lady. All the other girls are fare game though, even though he did turn them down once. And once he's had a taste of all the (reasonable) girls, he can finally decide who to marry...for real this time.

Better start working on that fanfic, cause the series has officially ended.

This was it. No more.

mattbenz99 said:
Aug 18, 2013 4:16 PM

Jul 2009
Phew! I just glad because it not ended like Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka, it was the real thing from the beginning to the end even if it was a bit bad.

Was rooting for Kuroneko all the way but meh...

6/10 that's all folks.
Aug 18, 2013 4:20 PM

Feb 2013
Xyphon101 said:
It was one thing for people not to understand that Kyousuke and Kirino were going to continue their relationship in secret as soon as the episodes came out, but 17 pages into this thread with numerous explanations of the ending and DIRECT QUOTES from the author saying what the ending meant and the majority of people STILL say he got nothing in the end.

Aug 18, 2013 4:21 PM
May 2011
Why does everyone keep saying that its horrible, I think they might get back together in future, I don't think they'll just lose feelings for each other just like that, they'll most likely never will.
Aug 18, 2013 4:36 PM

Mar 2010
o/
Aug 18, 2013 4:50 PM

Aug 2012
RazielZero said:
And for the third time:
RazielZero said:
;_;

Best possible ending for the two of them. I had a feeling something like this will happen. They wanted to experience that forbidden love, their truest feelings at least once. But unfortunately they can't stay together like that, because of social and moral shit. Still, they are there for each other even now as normal siblings.
I don't really get people saying why didn't Kyousuke go out with an other one of the girls after this. Why would he, he doesn't love them. He loves Kirino, and since he can't be together with her (at least that way), then he feels like it's better if he stays alone, but still have her beloved sister.

and this is the third time i saw those GIFs, totally hilarious and gets funnier every time i look at it. hahaha

but i agree with your post. this is the best possible ending. now i wish the author someday will write some kind of short story (aside from the "10 year reunion" short story that has been released along with 1st ep BD) about how's their relationship in the future..

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Aug 18, 2013 4:55 PM

Apr 2012
My pairing was Kyosuke X Kuroneko, too bad he dumped her for Kirino. But I have to say that in the last episode I really hoped they will have an awesome relationship. If the anime would end in the church it would be the perfect ending for me but the thing with breaking up again naggs on me :/

Anyway this was a really great anime which I will remember for years <3
Aug 18, 2013 5:03 PM

Sep 2012
Kami_no_Kage said:
Xyphon101 said:

I'm inclined to agree.

Come on people (those complaining that Kirino and Kyosuke "broke up"), you have no reason to be mad. A quick google search, or just a look at several pages of this very thread, will explain why your displeasure is in vein.
Aug 18, 2013 5:03 PM

Jun 2012
I see that 99% of the reviews are simply attacking the incest part, not evaluating the show with arguments.

Can I ask something?

What's the point on it?

Really, if OreImo's ending is that bad, those Reviews are worse.
Aug 18, 2013 5:12 PM
Oct 2010
The ending was awkward but its great. It was a little bit shocking to me how Minami react. That cat fight looks too real..I didnt like how she got mad but...........................................Meh
Aug 18, 2013 5:18 PM

Jul 2011
So many emotions. I'm hating Kyousuke so much right now.

I don't give a damn about the fact, they are siblings (I even hoped to see some funny perverted incest things between them when I started first season, but the show proved to be something different).

I just can't stand how he hurt the other girls feelings and choose biggest f***ing selfish bitch in the universe :(

Ayase would be the best option for him (he doesn't f***ing deserved Ruri, even before the specials)
SwiftflashAug 18, 2013 5:23 PM
Aug 18, 2013 5:19 PM

Jul 2009
hmm i cant say that it was a perfect ending i wanted Kyosuke X Kuroneko T.T

but no point in crying about the "incest".. there wasnt even any, they kissed once! omg i know how disgusting... in france they do that every time they meet.. srsly it's only a kiss.

anyway im happy that there was even an ending.

and i really love the fighting part didn't see that coming.
Aug 18, 2013 5:25 PM

Jun 2012
''He did not choose the girl > I < wanted, so the ENTIRE Anime sucks JUST because what > I < WANTED did not happened.''
Aug 18, 2013 5:26 PM

Aug 2012
Lightning-kun said:
''He did not choose the girl > I < wanted, so the ENTIRE Anime sucks JUST because what > I < WANTED did not happened.''

He didn't choose any girl.

He pissed on all of their confessions of love so he could date his sister for a couple days and pretend to get married.

mattbenz99 said:
Aug 18, 2013 5:29 PM

Jun 2012
Goryo said:
He didn't choose any girl.

He pissed on all of their confessions of love so he could date his sister for a couple days and pretend to get married.

Well, he's an idiot. What about the rest of the Anime? What about to evaluate the ENTIRE show? Got it? ENTIRE. Not just 1 character
Aug 18, 2013 5:34 PM

Oct 2012
Think about the ending more realistically.

In real life, do you really think people will approve of siblings going out? Especially not their parents. The same holds true here, they are pretty much forced to keep their relationship in secret due to the social stigma that would occur if everyone found out. This is really the best option for the two of them, and not like other incestuous anime where it's full-blown incest, revealed. (And THAT is just bad.)

Even the author himself had to explain why the ending was written like this. If you think about it, it really doesn't make sense to not end the story this way.

Use your brains before hopping on the hate train, geez.
Aug 18, 2013 5:40 PM
Oct 2011
HAPPY END!
Aug 18, 2013 5:42 PM

Feb 2009
They made it sound too childish.
Aug 18, 2013 5:46 PM

Sep 2011
That's me have fed by shit, just 10 out of 10. But I really liked it as a "drove through" by Minami, and could certainly harder, but overall good.
Aug 18, 2013 5:57 PM

Aug 2012
fumoshi said:
HAPPY END!

D:

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Pages (18) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Specials Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

114 by Cammell »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:28 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Specials Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

251 by GearheadOtaku »»
Oct 27, 2023 10:22 PM

» The ending is not as sad as you think!!! PLEASE READ

White_Kotori - Jan 8, 2017

19 by Supderolc »»
Mar 24, 2023 7:36 PM

» Harem ending

removed-user - Dec 11, 2022

3 by Aref_Afkhami »»
Dec 12, 2022 1:41 PM

Poll: » Who do you want Kyousuke to end up with? ( 1 2 3 )

YamiNoOkami - Jul 6, 2013

121 by Shengud »»
Dec 19, 2021 2:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.