Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 18, 2013 7:13 AM
Oct 2011
Episode was meh, liked this part more in the manga. The King going inside the castle wasn't that good, was expecting it to be much better. The only part I liked is when the girls asked for mercy and what Meruem told them about humans killing animals. The backgrounds were also pretty nice to look at, especially the forest at the end.
Aug 18, 2013 7:24 AM
Jan 2013
HXH has gotten pretty violent for a 13+ PG rating, don't you think ?
cut fingers, guts eating, slaughtered humans, lots of blood,
i wanted to see what happened with the Hunter Squad that went to nurse the queen, Netero and his pals, unfortunately it was mostly about palm and gon's date with :P,
I'm beginning to view the king differently ,since i was really disappointed at how wan his personality ended up like, i expected him to be more charismatic and .. less evil, Like Chrollo maybe, but he ended up like any other super bad villain who's really violent ,kill his comrades and doesn't care about anything but himself, I hope he would prove me wrong at some point.
Aug 18, 2013 8:07 AM

Jun 2010
Here it comes. BA Killua next ep!
Aug 18, 2013 8:22 AM
Mar 2009
OMG WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT PALM TRANSFORMATION

Oh Killua, hang in there :( you can do it!!!

Wait, what? We have to wait for two weeks? D: noooooooooooooo...
Aug 18, 2013 8:38 AM

May 2013
Roundohavor said:
Exactly. I don't know why SnK is rated R while it doesn't have the half of the violence of the episode 93 of HxH..
Aug 18, 2013 8:39 AM

May 2012
I hope the king die a brutal death. How can he kill those hot dancers.
Aug 18, 2013 8:47 AM

Aug 2011
Can't wait for the Killua moments in next episode :C
Aug 18, 2013 9:44 AM

Jul 2010
LOL. Gon and Palm's date. Also, the King is such a badass. "Humans without intelligence or talent end up in positions of power due to bloodline or connections, that's how the human world works".

King:

Damn so true, and this is more deep that I thought.
Also. Good laugh part:

Now, can't really wait to see Killua in action.
Aug 18, 2013 9:58 AM

Jul 2010
DARE DA YO > indeed.Damn, it's like completely different person xD shes cute though.Also, im so scared Gon will say something inappropriate soon, or give some ridiculous gift to her.
I don't think Killua have much chances to win.Even though he might have powered up through fights, now that chimera ant guy can use nen...but oh well, we will see.

Whenever i hear about Kite, im getting depressed and imagining that last scene from episode 85.Just...sadface.
2 weeks? like hell i can wait for that long.

Akanezora said:
Also. Good laugh part:
Well, he is right though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 18, 2013 10:23 AM

Jan 2012
Roundohavor said:
i wanted to see what happened with the Hunter Squad that went to nurse the queen, Netero and his pals, unfortunately it was mostly about palm and gon's date with :P,
I'm beginning to view the king differently ,since i was really disappointed at how wan his personality ended up like, i expected him to be more charismatic and .. less evil, Like Chrollo maybe, but he ended up like any other super bad villain who's really violent ,kill his comrades and doesn't care about anything but himself, I hope he would prove me wrong at some point.

He'll have more depth later on in the arc, no worries. He's definitely an interesting character.

Thought this episode was good. Madhouse has been doing a great job with pacing lately, the episodes just flow by. Excited for the Killua fight next episode, sad we gotta wait two weeks -.-
Aug 18, 2013 10:29 AM

Feb 2013
Roundohavor said:

The dude is still a newborn. He'll need more experiences before he can develop a more complex personality.
Aug 18, 2013 11:48 AM

May 2013
BGuitarify said:

Excited for the Killua fight next episode, sad we gotta wait two weeks -.-
So it's official that the 25/08 is off?
Aug 18, 2013 12:47 PM

Sep 2011
GON.......IS..........A............PLAYER!!

Awesome episode, can't wait for next week 5/5.
Aug 18, 2013 2:07 PM
Apr 2013
I enjoyed the episode but how much longer before someone puts the smackdown on the king and his royal guards? I'm getting antsy (pun intended). Not complaining about the pacing, just speaking to how anxious I am to watch more episodes. Speaking of which, episode-wise this is looking to be the longest of the arcs so far.
Aug 18, 2013 2:07 PM
Jul 2012
Meruem makes a valid point to those dancer girls though. As humans, many don't bat an eyelash in killing animals for food. Chimera ants killing humans just seems brutal to us because it's our own species. The chimera ants are intelligent creatures and humans are the livestock to the ants.
Aug 18, 2013 2:23 PM

Oct 2011
This episode had some really good pacing, covered about 3 chapters and a few pages. Really liked what they did with that. Favorite moments were definitely the first 5 minutes or so when Meruem was just killing people left and right. Plus we got to see his Nen ability. The more rare humans he eats, the stronger he gets. Pretty fitting for an "almighty organism".
Aug 18, 2013 2:58 PM

Oct 2007
Decent episode this week.

Really wondering if anyone figured out which chapter Killua was reading when the date with Palm first started. Kinda looks like Kite on the page he's open to, but the pants aren't black and it looks like Shoot might be under the subtitles. I can't place the panel. EDIT: I flipped through volumes 18-28 and didn't see anything that matched, so unless it's from the end of the ants, I'm at a loss.

Watch, Togashi slipped in a panel of something he's still working on and we'll see it next time we get a batch of chapters.

AriSkyAug 18, 2013 3:25 PM
Aug 18, 2013 3:21 PM

Oct 2008
tkfeng said:
Meruem makes a valid point to those dancer girls though. As humans, many don't bat an eyelash in killing animals for food. Chimera ants killing humans just seems brutal to us because it's our own species. The chimera ants are intelligent creatures and humans are the livestock to the ants.

Not really. Humans "don't bat an eyelash" in eating animals for food. I think many people find it more difficult to actually kill the animal themselves. Even less actually take pleasure in doing so. And even less than that spend their every waking moment thinking about killing animals. Chimera ants are monsters, plain and simple.

On another topic, man, Palm cleans up nicely.
Aug 18, 2013 3:36 PM

Jan 2013
BA Killua Incoming next ep.
Aug 18, 2013 4:01 PM

Apr 2013
n10sity said:

Not really. Humans "don't bat an eyelash" in eating animals for food. I think many people find it more difficult to actually kill the animal themselves. Even less actually take pleasure in doing so. And even less than that spend their every waking moment thinking about killing animals. Chimera ants are monsters, plain and simple.

Most people dont have to kill an animal to eat it, there some people who do that work so you can buy the animal already dead. That the reason why most people have hard time to kill an animal cuz they dont have to kill it to feed their hunger. But in a world that you cant buy meat and you have to kill an animal to get the pleasure of eating meat, theoretically killing the animal will give you pleasure too, in psychology its "conditioning" the brain will connect the pleasure of eating with the act of killing the animal. So there no quite big difference between human kind and those "monsters" in that think.

Anyways another great episode, i cant wait for Killua vs rammot (after two weeks -.-)
The Heart
Signature Background Created By Tite Kubo
All right reserved

Aug 18, 2013 4:17 PM

Nov 2009
Killua+Gon dynamic this episode ahahaha I love it. I love everything about this show, I love it love it love it.
As much as I already know what's going to happen, I read this arc when it was still being published so my memory gets hazy... anyway, I yelled "Rammot, nooooo". Goddam you, Rammot.
By the way, no episode next week?? What? Why? But next weekend is my birthday. ): sighs

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Aug 18, 2013 10:00 PM

Jun 2013
n10sity said:
tkfeng said:

I totally disagree with you. Most people in first world countries find it difficult to kill an animal. If it was necessary for us though we would have to do it on a regular basis and we wouldn´t find it hard to kill animals.
Besides that. We humans kill animals put them into supermarkets and throw away a loooot of the food that is left over. It´s not exactly a very nice thing to do. Humankind is very much so in the same situation as the chimera ants are.
The hunter association tried to kill the queen as soon as they heard about her giving birth to the king.
The chimera ants are not the "evil" guys in this. Both sides just fight for being the dominant species.
Aug 19, 2013 12:57 AM
Feb 2012
n10sity said:
tkfeng said:

I wouldn't go as far as to call the ants monsters. Believe it or not, they have more depth to them than you'd think. But that will be made apparent in later episodes.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 19, 2013 1:38 AM

Oct 2008
Gon is a real charmer, lol.
Also this arc is getting more and more disturbing.
Aug 19, 2013 5:30 AM
Jan 2013

nuff said
Aug 19, 2013 8:58 AM

Oct 2008
@confused_Imakuni and Mirati

I have no doubt that people who need to kill for food or a living can do so easily enough. That wasn't really my point. My point is exactly what I said:

"I think many people find it more difficult to actually kill the animal themselves. Even less actually take pleasure in doing so. And even less than that spend their every waking moment thinking about killing animals."

And I have no doubt there are ants who are inherently good like Colt. But generally speaking, the Chimera ants are evil. The saying that one bad apple doesn't spoil the bunch is true. But doesn't it work in reverse? One (or a few) good apples don't 'unspoil' the bunch.

Most Chimera ants, so far, dedicate all their time to killing or thinking about killing humans. I've hunted animals for sport. So from personal experience, I know that the only thing that helps me pull the trigger is adrenaline. But even with my adrenaline pumping, I'm capable of making rationale choices and showing mercy, regret or empathy. Generally speaking, Chimera ants display none of the aforementioned. And they do not stop with killing just enough to for sustenance. Or like in my case, one kill per year.

It would be different if Chimera ants were simply apathetic towards humans; if they killed for food or sport, enjoyed the moment, and thought nothing more of it after that. But it's the combination of enjoying the kill, going beyond sustenance, possessing memories from when they were human, and spending every waking moment thinking about killing other humans that make them monsters to me. It's not the same as when humans kill animals. The king even kills his own and Pitou displayed apathy towards her own kind. If not evil, at the very least, they are more like beasts than humans. And maybe that's the point.

@GuiltyKing

I also have no doubt that the ants will have some character development. However, being an anime-only viewer, I can only speak for the present. Right now, with only a few exceptions, the Chimera ants are monsters that kill for pleasure.
n10sityAug 19, 2013 11:21 AM
Aug 19, 2013 9:36 AM

Aug 2010
Gon FTW! Was surprised to find out that Palm is actually pretty hot. Killua needs to learn from Gon.
Aug 19, 2013 10:03 AM

Jun 2008
EVERY_SINGLE_DAY said:
I really liked how the King felt about unintelligent and talentless people being in power positions just because of bloodline. ' It can only be the work of imbeciles ' I extremely feel the same.

On that we all have to admit his got a point. the world is truly run by imbeciles.

"Why does that scum claim to be a king?"
"In the human world is a common phenomenon, humans without talent or intelligence gain positions of power due to connections and bloodline."
"What defiance of all logic. In the hands of an incompetent, power brings nothing but ruin. This can only be the work of imbeciles"
MonadAug 19, 2013 10:13 AM
Aug 19, 2013 10:53 AM

Oct 2011
Killua fights Ranmont : 0 Can't wait to see that
Aug 19, 2013 11:03 AM
Jul 2011
An old woman dating a 13 year old, yeah nothing weird at all.
Aug 19, 2013 11:29 AM

Feb 2012
ak47 said:
Killua+Gon dynamic this episode ahahaha I love it. I love everything about this show, I love it love it love it.
As much as I already know what's going to happen, I read this arc when it was still being published so my memory gets hazy... anyway, I yelled "Rammot, nooooo". Goddam you, Rammot.
By the way, no episode next week?? What? Why? But next weekend is my birthday. ): sighs

Yeah I haven't reread this part of the manga for a long while and this episode bring back the memories of how much I enjoyed Chimera Ant Arc because of Gon/Killua parts like this. There're some character revelation here: Killua always thought he's the more worldly of the two and got owned by Gon's casual admission of his experience with women. Yet instead of envy, Killua's only reaction was that he only wanted to be with Gon (aww...). Killua is just too emotionally attached to Gon to think otherwise (while not necessarily the other way around? and that could only bring heartaches to the poor boy). Killua kept on justifying his stalking being protective of Gon, but really it's more like that Gon was 'his' to protect. Even to the extend of justifying civilians being collateral damage. Anyway Gon the deceptively pure boy is the most dangerous kind...ladies would know what I'm talking about ;) Pedo creepy or not, Palm's attraction to Gon's pure, assertive and pampering ways is easy to understand. XD
Aug 19, 2013 11:59 AM

Oct 2011
I can't wait to see Killua kick some major butt in this arc. Palm's 180 change in both appearance and attitude is glorious XD.

Aug 19, 2013 1:06 PM

Dec 2011
Ahahaha. The date finally happened! Palm is too hot!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2013 5:28 PM

Feb 2011
Hybridbloodszak said:

Welp, I'm not going to sleep tonight

He looks like a psycho ( HELP!!!, LOL)
Aug 19, 2013 5:35 PM

Apr 2013
nice brain you have there, let me take a bite
The Heart
All right reserved

Aug 19, 2013 6:18 PM

Jun 2012
Good episode, looking forward to how Killua will deal with this fight, as last time it wasn't so successful with his conflicting habits.

o.o Palm. .-or rather, who is that!?

Aug 19, 2013 7:58 PM

Aug 2013
" Walks in on Palm stabbing over dozens of stuffed Gon plushies" O.O

Awesome episode.
Aug 20, 2013 4:26 AM

Jan 2012
PALMS TRANSFORMATION O_____O
Oh, and Killua is a true bro.
Aug 20, 2013 2:15 PM

Aug 2011
AnimeFtw1 said:

Well, I don't think that Palm is exactly what you call a "normal person"
Aug 20, 2013 4:27 PM

May 2011
ValeBreck said:
AnimeFtw1 said:

Well, I don't think that Palm is exactly what you call a "normal person"

Agreed
Aug 21, 2013 3:07 PM
Jan 2013
ofc the best part is date with Palm, lol this reminded me Gintama ep when Catherine changed well it is true that girl in love always become beautiful

the beginning was rly disturbing it is hard for me to pick which series is more creepy Attack on Titan or Hunter x Hunter :P

I gotta say this but most of the viewers justify Chimera Ants too much :P
If they had to eat humans to survive i could understand it, but we know that they kill humans only for their enjoyment. They assume that they are supperior race so they can do whatever they please.

Although we can't be justified for killing cattle(as we don't need meat to survive) we still are better than them. Through the years of evolution we have developed both mentally but also spiritually and we still evolve. We become wiser but also more compassionate. Because of that pp started to get equal rights and we started to feel compassionate to animals too. Because of that we protect endangered species, build natonal parks, almost none of us goes hunting anymore, more people become vegeterians. Most of us start getting respect for all living things. Although we still have some sins of the past like with cattle, this is because we had followed this way for too long and it can't be changed so fast, but it is still one of our past sins we haven't got rid of yet.

Chimera Ants except Colt, believe only in strength they don't care about any species besides them. They don't even respect other members of their own kind. They only fear stronger. Also if they have memories of when they where still human they should know it too, but they propably throw it away because they have found too much fun in killing and being ants.

Even when King killed dancing girls, he followed this path human kill cattle they are disgusting so i can kill them. He tried to justified himself that he is of better kind, but we know what is true :P
Aug 21, 2013 3:42 PM

Jun 2011
rikuhod said:
I gotta say this but most of the viewers justify Chimera Ants too much :P
If they had to eat humans to survive i could understand it, but we know that they kill humans only for their enjoyment. They assume that they are supperior race so they can do whatever they please.

Although we can't be justified for killing cattle(as we don't need meat to survive) we still are better than them. Through the years of evolution we have developed both mentally but also spiritually and we still evolve. We become wiser but also more compassionate. Because of that pp started to get equal rights and we started to feel compassionate to animals too. Because of that we protect endangered species, build natonal parks, almost none of us goes hunting anymore, more people become vegeterians. Most of us start getting respect for all living things. Although we still have some sins of the past like with cattle, this is because we had followed this way for too long and it can't be changed so fast, but it is still one of our past sins we haven't got rid of yet.

Chimera Ants except Colt, believe only in strength they don't care about any species besides them. They don't even respect other members of their own kind. They only fear stronger. Also if they have memories of when they where still human they should know it too, but they propably throw it away because they have found too much fun in killing and being ants.

Even when King killed dancing girls, he followed this path human kill cattle they are disgusting so i can kill them. He tried to justified himself that he is of better kind, but we know what is true :P

You present some very good points and I definitely agree with some of them. However, I think you're forgetting the fact that Chimera Ants have remnants of their prior selves so the way they think (as being superior to other species), is a notion that was acquired due their individual mentalities as humans.

Also, even if humans have become more compassionate such as no longer hunting and protecting endangered species, most people will still not hesitate to kill a bug such as an ant. Especially when referring to preserving endangered species, people only care about the cute, furry ones. If a huge bug extinction was to happen, I believe many people would not even care one bit.
Animelist」 ♪「 Mangalist 」♫
[/size]

Aug 22, 2013 4:25 PM
Jan 2013
you are right that we are not perfect and most of us don't feel compassionate to all animals and almost nobody respects insects, but there is no justification for what chimera ants are doing and we can't compare them with humans because it is obvious that there is nothing that can justify them (well it is very probable humans in HxH world are more corrupted than real humans)

well i think they assume themselves as superior race only because they are stronger than humans, not because of their past memories. Propably what is the worst about them is that most of them don't respect members of their own kind. Even monsters like the Troupe or Bomber respected their friends and the Ants don't know feelings like that.

Well I guess it is just that almost all villains in HxH are meant for hating (maybe except Troupe). As it is kinda reverse shounen it must presents that when you are a kid going on adventure (like in Pokemon) you need to know that world can be dangerous and you rly can die. There are people that please of killing or torturing. Characters in other shows are told about this all the time(yet they always survive) in HxH we can rly feel it. Sometimes HxH I think iis like Madoka magica for Mahou Shoujo or Evangelion for Mecha. Darker reverse ver of it's kind
Aug 23, 2013 10:12 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, Gon is gonna get some of that booty.
Aug 24, 2013 3:43 PM

Jun 2011
rikuhod said:
you are right that we are not perfect and most of us don't feel compassionate to all animals and almost nobody respects insects, but there is no justification for what chimera ants are doing and we can't compare them with humans because it is obvious that there is nothing that can justify them (well it is very probable humans in HxH world are more corrupted than real humans)

well i think they assume themselves as superior race only because they are stronger than humans, not because of their past memories. Propably what is the worst about them is that most of them don't respect members of their own kind. Even monsters like the Troupe or Bomber respected their friends and the Ants don't know feelings like that.

Well I guess it is just that almost all villains in HxH are meant for hating (maybe except Troupe). As it is kinda reverse shounen it must presents that when you are a kid going on adventure (like in Pokemon) you need to know that world can be dangerous and you rly can die. There are people that please of killing or torturing. Characters in other shows are told about this all the time(yet they always survive) in HxH we can rly feel it. Sometimes HxH I think iis like Madoka magica for Mahou Shoujo or Evangelion for Mecha. Darker reverse ver of it's kind

Of course, nothing can justify what they're doing. Just like nothing actually justifies what some people do in real life.

I see, we interpreted it in different ways. It's quite possible that is the case as that is a reasonable explanation for why the King disregards all the soldiers as something akin to scum. However, I think even their past memories can be used as a way to explain them thinking they're the superior race. For example, humans, for the most part, treat those who are in the same "status" (either economic, social, etc.) as themselves equally. But once you look toward someone of, for example, high economic status, there are individuals that look down at those below them, and might even consider people like the homeless, scum.

I partially agree. Eventually, I feel like we'll be able to slightly sympathize with the King, but I'm not sure. In fact, I feel that HxH makes villains more likable than most other series (like what you said about the Troupe). I definitely agree with the rest of what you're saying. HxH is truly different from the majority of shounens. Which is why there can be varying kinds of interpretations on certain elements.
xmaikokoroAug 24, 2013 3:47 PM
Animelist」 ♪「 Mangalist 」♫
[/size]

Aug 24, 2013 9:08 PM

Jun 2012
I wanna see an Ant interrupt the date, and Palm go crazy and cut them. Incidentally I think Yuu Kobayashi would have made a good VA for her. But Inoue is nice too. Also, I really wasn't executing Gon to be such a player. Clueless shonen hero has extensive experience with older women, well played. HxH continues to surprise me.
Aug 25, 2013 5:19 AM

Jun 2008
No new ep this week?

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
Aug 25, 2013 9:05 AM

Apr 2011
There should be one according to Animecalendar. I don't get it...
Aug 25, 2013 9:08 AM

Apr 2013
I don't get why you trust Animecalendar
The Heart
All right reserved

Aug 25, 2013 9:36 AM

Sep 2009
Dizzee said:
No new ep this week?

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

66 by kemboza »»
Yesterday, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ariamachi - Oct 13, 2012

272 by KANSIKOL »»
Yesterday, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

916 by ItachiSanStatus »»
Apr 29, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Anisamar - Oct 10, 2011

135 by WienGirl »»
Apr 27, 4:01 AM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

47 by Rhae »»
Apr 27, 3:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.