Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 16, 2013 11:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Such a cute gift~

Fun episode I guess. Hajime is just too cute to watch. Way too many cute moments. Cute/5. Hajime and Utsu-tsu bought a big smile to my face this week.
Aug 16, 2013 11:02 AM

Jan 2011

Fun episode. Rui using GALAX to help Hajime/Utsutsuu to escape reminded me of that scene in Durarara. Rui wants them to quit gatchaman?
[center]
Aug 16, 2013 11:51 AM
Dec 2012
Breaking the rules of Gatchaman, Hajime acted like an airhead again. Haha. I didn't imagine Galactors would carry baseball bats, not machine guns. Kinda cute lol

I finally understood his concept of "Update the World." He had a point in opposition to Gatchaman. Just wonder why Hajime thinks Gatchaman is necessary. Maybe she noticed flaws of Galax? Like Rui and Sugane said, she is above our understanding.
Aug 16, 2013 12:58 PM

Jul 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Such a cute gift~

Fun episode I guess. Hajime is just too cute to watch. Way too many cute moments. Cute/5. Hajime and Utsu-tsu bought a big smile to my face this week.

i second that
Aug 16, 2013 1:08 PM

Jul 2013
eminagnam said:
Breaking the rules of Gatchaman, Hajime acted like an airhead again. Haha. I didn't imagine Galactors would carry baseball bats, not machine guns. Kinda cute lol

I finally understood his concept of "Update the World." He had a point in opposition to Gatchaman. Just wonder why Hajime thinks Gatchaman is necessary. Maybe she noticed flaws of Galax? Like Rui and Sugane said, she is above our understanding.

Hajime is a genius, everything that she does has a valid reason to it, and she notices a lot of stuff better than most people, I really do respect her for that. The only thing is I wish she could explain the reasoning behind she does some things; When she revealed her face to Rui, and Sugane asked why she did it, I wonder what she meant when she said that she needed to do that. Also, I wonder if Hajime knows that Rui is in a disguise, that comment about the makeup seems to hint at that.
Aug 16, 2013 1:11 PM

Aug 2013
45Ravager said:
eminagnam said:

Hajime is a genius, everything that she does has a valid reason to it, and she notices a lot of stuff better than most people, I really do respect her for that. The only thing is I wish she could explain the reasoning behind she does some things; When she revealed her face to Rui, and Sugane asked why she did it, I wonder what she meant when she said that she needed to do that. Also, I wonder if Hajime knows that Rui is in a disguise, that comment about the makeup seems to hint at that.

She seems to have good intuition, so I think she knows Rui is in disguise
Aug 16, 2013 1:45 PM

Jan 2011
She also used "kun" rather than "chan" as an honorific which would imply that she knew his gender. (Not definitive, but supportive of her other comments regarding make-up.) Of course we still haven't got a coherent explanation about the significance of his cross-dressing.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 16, 2013 1:59 PM

Feb 2009
This show got Tiger and Bunny feel, were they made by the same studio. Tachibana gachaman reminds me of Skyhigh.

Rui is kinda right that people should stop relying on heroes and help; I mean hey stop relying on someone else to always save your ass, but I think not all situation the masses can handle, so that's why I think Gachaman is needed.
Aug 16, 2013 2:48 PM

May 2013
Utsutsu looking cute with that handmade ribbon.
Aug 16, 2013 3:03 PM

Feb 2011
Hajime is so awesome as always. She really steals the show for me.

I enjoyed this episode a lot!
Aug 16, 2013 3:11 PM

Jan 2013
Hajime, stealthy as fuck. :D
Aug 16, 2013 3:25 PM

Jan 2013
Haijme does have it together despite how she acts. I hope they put more spotlight on Jou now that he's going after the red haired guy.

The trap is really unfair
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Aug 16, 2013 3:26 PM

Mar 2008
MaxCrazy7 said:
This show got Tiger and Bunny feel, were they made by the same studio. Tachibana gachaman reminds me of Skyhigh.

Rui is kinda right that people should stop relying on heroes and help; I mean hey stop relying on someone else to always save your ass, but I think not all situation the masses can handle, so that's why I think Gachaman is needed.

Rui does have a point but ignores the flaws in his own system. People may stop relying on heroes to save them, but they are just transferring that reliance to Galax to tell them what to do. Can update the world or whatever but if you turn Galax off suddenly people will go right back to doing what they did before. A system that can be abused for good or bad is hardly an ideal world to be aiming for. No everyone is perfect like Hajime; able to use the system without being controlled by it.

Oddly enough this episode is kind of where I'm getting slightly tired of Hajime's perfection. Every decision is perfect, with logical reasoning and never goes wrong. Reveals herself...just because she needed to do it right then.

Far more interested in Jou hunting down Berg than Hajime seeing through everything perfectly. At least can hope Jou actually finds this guy and this series with heroes can actually have a fight or two in it.
Aug 16, 2013 3:29 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
I'm so surprised how good this show has been. The first episode was pretty much a letdown for me and thought Hajime would be the most annoying girl ever but from 2nd epi forward, she only gets better and better. Even her over-cheery preposition is a plus for me now. You think she's oblivious and ignorant but she surprises every single time. She's just special! She might become my fav chara even though she was my last~

This epi was good, I did like it though I missed Miyano Mamoru :'( I needed a dose of his perfect voice acting for this role xD

I did understand Rui's mindset also, and I do think he's kind of right. People need to find strength in themselves as a principle. I ADORE this kind of idealistic setting like Galax or Dollars in Durarara, where people help each other with a smile on their faces and it gives off a nice feeling (ans looks reaaaaally cool, as well xD). BUT, that won't ever work, much less forever. There will always be problems greater than one's help (like Rui has helped twice now with his powers) and someone more special should do the job. Then again, people do need to feel the loss sometimes. If there's no balance to actually appreciate how good things are, you end up in a world like in Psycho Pass.

And Galax as a system is problematic. If you rely on a devide, what happens when you are all alone? You stop relying on heroes and you start relying on a network. It's made of people, all right, but it's directed by someone and that's the easiest way to destroy a society from within.

But oh well, either way, Gatchaman pretty much fight aliens as well and that's more like their expertise than just helping around so I'm ok with that. If you can help, why not? Everything has its own disadvantage.
Aug 16, 2013 4:06 PM

Aug 2007
Another great episode. Hajime shows us her great intuition yet again. Well with this encounter the show can finally start taking a turn on if Rui's ideal will or if Gatchaman way should stay. Honestly I'm more curious on when we will see more of the Red hair guy causes more problems.
Aug 16, 2013 4:21 PM

Sep 2009
SUCH A GREAT EPISODE :) I like the part when Hajime noticed that Rui is not really a girl since she said that he doesn't really need to have a heavy make-up XD
She can tell that Rui is a boy :D
Aug 16, 2013 4:24 PM

Oct 2012
I still can't shake of this bad feeling about Jou. He's chasing after the last boss on his own, with a gun and I can't forget that death flag from a couple of episodes ago. Guess, I'll have to wait for the next episode, to find out what happens though.

Good episode. I really enjoyed the confrontation between Hajime and Rui and yet again, Hajime prove's that she know's a lot more than she's letting on. I can't wait for the OST.
Aug 16, 2013 4:29 PM

Dec 2012

LOL

Really liked the part in the beginning when Utsutsu was willing to use her own life to save those people. She's starting to grow on me.
Aug 16, 2013 4:37 PM

Apr 2013
Koybz said:
I still can't shake of this bad feeling about Jou. He's chasing after the last boss on his own, with a gun and I can't forget that death flag from a couple of episodes ago. Guess, I'll have to wait for the next episode, to find out what happens though.

Same here, I watched those last two episodes with the thought that there was a chance of him dying during them

This episode was really interesting to me. I kinda expected the confrontation between the Gatchaman and Rui, but didn't think it would go down like it did.
After denying Rui's quest for them to stop being Gatchaman, I wonder what Rui is gonna do about the Gatchaman from here on out.

Also I'm amazed at how much Utsu-tsu has developed in these last couple episodes. Now we just need more character development for the other Gatchaman.
Aug 16, 2013 4:45 PM

Feb 2012
Hajime is just so unpredictable lol.

I've learned to just go with the flow when it comes to her. I used to be annoyed at what she does, but she's shown time and time again that she's not an idiot. She just has a unique way of doing things :P

She's not your typical MC and I like that.
Aug 16, 2013 4:57 PM

Jan 2011

Gotta love how she didn't even respond to him playing dumb.
[center]
Aug 16, 2013 6:10 PM

Jul 2009
i like how this episode shows that our air head mc might not be such an air head after all and in fact, she's probably the most clever character of this show. i think her and load make a great combo.
Aug 16, 2013 6:29 PM
Apr 2013
Gotta love Hajime and Rui/LOAD XD

This show is getting better and better with each week - will Rui's ideal and Hajime's ideal collide or will they eventually find a grey-zone where both can work out? Im so excited to see what will spark between these two individuals further in the series ^ O ^

Looks like O.D is back to his usual self now, kinda makes up for Berg Katze being strangely absent in this episode......or is he o.o
Aug 16, 2013 7:17 PM

Jul 2012
Awesome episode!!!
Aug 16, 2013 7:40 PM
Jan 2011
What LOAD GALAX wants Gatchaman to disband? Who does that faggot think she or he thinks?
Aug 16, 2013 10:56 PM

Aug 2009
Well Hajime officially killed the anime for me... what the fuck was the point of even having fucking Amnesia effect if shes going just going to say fuck the rules and reveal the existence of Gatchaman? Also their catch phrases are really annoying, I don't like how many times Hajime says kawaii and Utsu says "I'm dreamy" in one ep. It's not cute it's frikin annoying. I don't know why Kenji just makes these obnoxious as fuck characters, it was the same in Tsuritama. Whats wrong with normal characters that don't act like they have ADHD or some shit... -_-

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aug 17, 2013 12:49 AM

Jan 2011
God I hate Hajime....intensely.

Still a good show.
Aug 17, 2013 1:38 AM

May 2012
I really feel like dancing whenever I hear that Gatchaman soundtrack esp that part where the Galaxters where helping them escape. Awesome OST! And a lot of cute moments too. I even find it cute when Pai Pai was mad at Hajime, hehe.
Aug 17, 2013 2:16 AM
Jan 2013
I don't who is worse, Rui or Hajime?
Aug 17, 2013 2:27 AM

Jan 2009
good episode i can understand why Load said they do not need superheroes since people tend to over rely on them and made them lazy to update the world themselves
Aug 17, 2013 3:17 AM
Jun 2013
Well, i only watched the 2-3 first episode i don't remember well and i just jumped to the sixth, so if i missed some hints please make me reconsider my points.

I agree to say hajime's a bit smart but i wouldn't say she's a genius.

First, being unclear may give a "cool" aura from our point of view, but in terms of communication efficiency this is not really smart. Even if she could become clear all of a sudden she's not a god, she cannot create efficient teamwork in 2 seconds so if something really big came up she wouldn't be able to keep up the "dumb genius" act and still have good results with teammates.

The validity of her points are mostly due to the fact that the scenario align itself on her.

Ex: people aren't even reacting the right way. Revealing her identity shouldn't only bring some reporters. In reality i guess all the cops of japan would be ordered to arrest her (she's dangerous). Revealing her identity also implies that families and friends can now become targets : for enemy, for mad fans etc...

When she answer she had to reveal her face (at least she could have destroyed the cameras) i don't know if it's because they met in previous episodes but if that is not the case maybe it was a way to make an "honnest contact" (concealing the identity being on of their priority, revealing it is a way to say " i am prepared to trust you and to interact on equal footing"). Anyway , it failed because hajime herself said "why would you do that" (leaving without answering to her attempt to communicate).

if they didn't met before (if hajime didn't recognize Rui because of some way of speaking or else) "the make-up" comment is "unrealistic" or boring.

1- the scenario is relying on the fact that it is really difficult to see through an "anime trap". Because, well, it's drawings.easy to make lips, eyelashes etc.. like girls. And if that's the case then it's just that the scenarist wrote "she saw through it" but nobody actually could have, even a genuine genius.

2- She saw throught it using the voice (that doesn't seem to change), or any realistic mean so 'if this anime was real some of us could have noticed, she's not a genius".

I would like to know what she meant when she said " all the sparkling things were your friends?" or something like that, because if she said that to answer Rui's argument on people relying on galax that is smart.

she'would be meaning:

-you used the "crowds", how is that any different? You admit that 0 casualties cannot be brought by mere cooperation, the fact that u used the crowds is proof.

something smarter would be: - you see, there are phenomenon beyond people understanding and power (aliens and alien's powers), as long as they will interfere gatchaman are needed.

Like it was said before Rui's point aren't valid at all:

-does Rui know who hired the gatchaman to begin with (jj is supposed to be some kind of god) 2 consequences: even if the actual gatchaman retired JJ could still bring more of them so asking hajime to stop being a gatchaman is useless (well if Rui doesn't know about JJ it could be explained) + JJ if he's really a god couldn't be as dumb as to not understand the problem of human relying on gatchaman, so if he decided to continue he must have some valid reason.

-We're talking about aliens and such, as long as those aliens are immune to human technology even with galax humankind cannot protect itslef.

-Galax is another system. Shut down and the're back to starting point. But, it is true that if people get used to galax they will also get more accustommed to cooperation and it will raise their awareness of what they could do and must do. More than a real tool galax could be a "taste" of ideal society.
AporieAug 17, 2013 3:26 AM
Aug 17, 2013 6:19 AM
Jun 2013
Huh, i just decided to watch the 5 , at the begining hajime asks "Pai-pai" why do the gatchaman sneak. Both the panda and the blondie answer by "that's the rule" and pai-pai use some half-assed arguments like "not causing them worry".

What about gatchaman families becoming targets? What government trying to take their technology (well pai pai did say something like " we must not le our powers fall into their hands" so i guess he kind of used that argument but he shifted to the "worry" argument thus decreasing this argument impact)? What about possible "deification" of the gatchaman by some people causing unnecessary trouble and danger? What about infiltration missions that are now completely impossible to do.

Hajime ask the right questions: why do we sneak? why do the "bad gatchaman" do as they please (if she's smart she's also implying that it could be a strategy)? What if a situation made use reveal ourselves (she may also be implying that such a case will one day or another happen so concealing now just buy time).

She implied that pai pai would run away (if bad gatchaman continued) because pai pai was hesitant to answer to the question etc..

She's smart, but it's not like (ecxpet a bit with Rui) hajime was opposed (in the discussions) to really smart people.
AporieAug 17, 2013 6:23 AM
Aug 17, 2013 6:22 AM

Nov 2008
Aporie said:
Well, i only watched the 2-3 first episode i don't remember well and i just jumped to the sixth, so if i missed some hints please make me reconsider my points.

You've got to be kidding...

Are you just looking for abuse?

Go back, watch the episodes that you didn't watch, and then come back and post. Otherwise, don't waste your time and ours.
Aug 17, 2013 6:26 AM
Jun 2013
dbaranyi said:
Aporie said:

You've got to be kidding...

Are you just looking for abuse?

Go back, watch the episodes that you didn't watch, and then come back and post. Otherwise, don't waste your time and ours.

Well i just looked the n° 4 and 5 this morning and it doesn't really give much informations on what is said on the sixth (only little details and information on Rui's ideology). For example i can express myself on the galax/gatchaman standpoints without using the episode 4 and 5 that i didn't watch before this morning. And galax/gatchaman standpoints can be understood just like this.

On the characters missing episodes is a problem. But, when it's about general logic (like the principle of gatchaman/galax standpoints that are not new) no problem.
AporieAug 17, 2013 6:59 AM
Aug 17, 2013 7:09 AM

Feb 2011
Utsutsu was LOVELY.
Aug 17, 2013 7:26 AM
Jun 2013
After looking at the hints in episode 4 and 5 it seems to me that the "crazy bird plan" could be something like "make everyone dependant on galax" then shut it off.

The crazy bird in episode 4 created an accident, at the end of the episode people are saying "we can only count on galax". I think what FLAREKNIGHT said on the previous page goes in the same way. If they depend on Galax ...

The best for the crazy bird (pai pai says that the thing he likes the most is to not drity his own hands but to manipulate people) would be to take advantage of Rui's ideology , raise the trust/confidence in Galax by creating accidents and making the CROWDS conceal the weaknesses of galax ( like when the crowds supported the cable car).

When the trust is at it's climax and people stopped relying on police etc... (also happenend in the epsiode 4 when hajime talked with her friends and the fireman) GALAX breakdown in a way or another then chaos.

This series give hints by packs on the general plot and give a few hints every episode about the characters.

In this story it's Berg Katze ( crazy bird) the freaking genius.
AporieAug 17, 2013 8:57 AM
Aug 17, 2013 9:18 AM
Jan 2013
I enjoyed the episode overall utsutsu is soooo my favorite character in this series.
Aug 17, 2013 9:37 AM

Mar 2013
Utsu-tsu is so kawaii.... I like that's she's developing. She was getting to that annoying emo level.

Hajime a genius, but oblivious at the same time. She's TOO kind hearted & that will be her downfall. I'm calling it now that Hajime is in/directly the cause of someones death.
Aug 17, 2013 9:43 AM
Jun 2013
I agree on the in/direct cause of someone death.

Low communication skills, too much confidence, lack of pessimism etc...
Aug 17, 2013 9:51 AM

Jan 2013
Gatchaaaman.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Aug 17, 2013 10:52 AM

Oct 2009
I got pretty annoyed with Hajime this time, but in the end it was all good ;D

As much as like Rui's goal, i don't like him for some reason :|

Utsutsu~
Aug 17, 2013 11:02 AM

Apr 2011
Ship!
Aug 17, 2013 11:55 AM

Dec 2012
the music at the beginning was awesome! i really want to have the ost.

i loved that every second was predicted and there were so many people who helped them and everything was perfect timed. really awesome.

i also liked that rui wants to turn every human into a hero instead of having a couple of special people. it actually seems to be a good idea.

but stop complaining about rui's make up! i need him to keep wearing that pretty female outfit <3
Aug 17, 2013 12:09 PM

Dec 2012
Aporie said:

What are you doing?! D:

I believe the point Hajime is trying to make is that being a hero isn't only about fighting the bad guys, but also about being a light of hope in dark times, a symbol if you will, and that can't be done if nobody knows they exist. Like she said in episode 5, "if the world goes up in a big, red blaze, the human race will be super worried" (paraphrased). Fear and despair would ensue, and societies break apart when despair reigns. A hero could hold that society together, by being a symbol of hope and a reminder of the good inside all humans (cheesy). It's basically what Harvey Dent represented in The Dark Knight movie.

But I agree with you, Hajime isn't the genius everyone thinks she is. She might be smart, but she isn't omniscient. And I also think something bad is gonna happen, and it'll be Hajime's fault.
Aug 17, 2013 12:38 PM
Aug 2013
Okay, I love Jou from the bottom of my heart but I'm kind of mad at him because first of all he doesn't really talk to hajiime, I read his profile and it said "although he keeps his distance, he actually is very interested in hajime". I don't believe that for a second! What did she ever do to him? I had to get this off my chest. I'm also mad at him for going after Berg Katze when pai pai clearly told him not to. I think it's also pai pai and od's fault that made him go after berg Katze because they didn't explain what he is to all of them, I think they have the right to know! If they explained to jou what he is then I'm pretty sure he'd back off. I also think Jou is gonna die in episode 7
Aug 17, 2013 12:44 PM
Aug 2013
I think Berg Katze is the same thing as JJ except for he dosen't protect, he destroy's. i just thought of this because he can pull notes out of peoples chest just like JJ and (this might sound stupid) that he wears high heels just like JJ
Aug 17, 2013 12:55 PM

Mar 2008
17mlloyd said:
I think Berg Katze is the same thing as JJ except for he dosen't protect, he destroy's. i just thought of this because he can pull notes out of peoples chest just like JJ and (this might sound stupid) that he wears high heels just like JJ

Still not sure I believe that he's the same thing as JJ. An unusual alien to be sure, but he's also a Gatchaman. JJ refers to him on the same level as the other Gatchamen (as birds). Who knows what kind of explanation we'll get about this guy though so will have to wait and see.

Regarding Jou I can fully understand him not getting involved with Hajime. Being around that kind of person would be really exhausting. She's the perfect smokescreen anyways. All the attention is brought down on her antics so Pai Pai and OD don't even think of keeping an eye on Jou. Let's him go ahead and try to find the cause of this problem instead of sitting around doing nothing.

I'm all for Jou going for it even though I expect it to get him killed. Ignoring this threat and letting him continue getting people killed and arrested for attacks isn't what they should be doing. Otherwise what's the point of being Gatchaman at all?
Aug 17, 2013 1:11 PM

Mar 2013
Hajime is so cute... <3
Aug 17, 2013 2:19 PM
Jun 2013
Tulicloure said:
Aporie said:

What are you doing?! D:

My other posts were written after seing them all so you can read it's been updated :)

As i said even if their was informations before, my post is mostly about things that can be studied without the other episodes so i don't really have to edit. Gatchaman/GALAX rough standpoints can be understood "out of context".

I agree with the posiblity of hajime thinking of a "symbol"but she's supposed to prevent the big red blaze from happening, and if it doesn't happen she'd have just put her family and all in danger (+ people would interfere with her job).

FlareKnight : i expected you to react on my thesis about Berg Katze's plan since i kind of used your point for it (in my last post on the previous page).
AporieAug 17, 2013 2:33 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Jul 12, 2013

299 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 7, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

122 by CartoonVelocirap »»
Dec 14, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

VioLink - Sep 27, 2013

213 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 19, 2023 4:49 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

93 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 19, 2023 2:31 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VioLink - Sep 13, 2013

103 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 18, 2023 1:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.