Jul 31, 2013 1:25 PM

Jul 2013
Nope.
Jul 31, 2013 1:25 PM

May 2012
Dafuq is this thread?
Jul 31, 2013 1:31 PM

Apr 2009
I would say no, I don't dress differently because of anime I still wear the same casual stuff I used to wear BUT anime has eaten such a big chunk of my life that it's impossible not to be affected by it. While I don't try to imitate any anime characters, I do wear necklaces, key chains, bracelets and such with anime characters on them. I used to decorate my school notebooks with anime stickers (taking notes became quite fun). Last year in college I even used to carry around manga textbooks for statistics and biology :D So anime did affect my appearances, just not my dressing style
Jul 31, 2013 2:03 PM

Oct 2012
MajinSaga said:
Yup. I now wear Kiminos, cat ears, and striped panties wherever the fuck I go.

Two questions-

1. Are you serious?

2. Are you a firm bodied 18+ year old female?

Jul 31, 2013 2:03 PM

Jul 2013
HakunaMatata said:
I would say no, I don't dress differently because of anime I still wear the same casual stuff I used to wear BUT anime has eaten such a big chunk of my life that it's impossible not to be affected by it. While I don't try to imitate any anime characters, I do wear necklaces, key chains, bracelets and such with anime characters on them. I used to decorate my school notebooks with anime stickers (taking notes became quite fun). Last year in college I even used to carry around manga textbooks for statistics and biology :D So anime did affect my appearances, just not my dressing style

That sounds adorable! I don't know why, but I have never come across anime merchandise in stores, only online. Though I do remember getting digimon stickers when I was a kid. :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2013 2:05 PM

Jun 2013
Shrabster said:
MajinSaga said:

Two questions-

1. Are you serious?

boner initiated.

Jul 31, 2013 2:05 PM

Jul 2013
Shrabster said:
MajinSaga said:

Two questions-

1. Are you serious?

Well, look at that. Is this now becoming a dating forum? *wink wink*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2013 2:21 PM

Nov 2012
Nah, but I'd like to wear some shirts with hot anime girls or lolis on it :D
Jul 31, 2013 2:33 PM

Dec 2012
Yes, now I wear the same exact set of clothes each day, all week so that it's unclear to others whether I have multiple sets of the exact same shirt and pants or whether I'm just a poor hobo. :p
KruszerJul 31, 2013 2:54 PM
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Jul 31, 2013 2:48 PM

Jan 2012
Not really, except that I now have these two shirts in my possession...
Jul 31, 2013 2:49 PM

Apr 2012
Yeah, I have a fetish for wearing a T-shirt and a scarf when winter comes round.
Or a hoodie jacket. Curse anime for making clothes look cool.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jul 31, 2013 3:04 PM

Aug 2010
First of all I would like to say this is a nice thread. Even though there are a lot of people making fun of it, but I assume those people are just childish teenage boys that aren't smart enough to understand what you are trying to say.

Anime did influence my clothing style, but not completely. It brought me to k-pop and when you search for k-pop on youtube, you get in touch with those "make-up" guru's which are all from either America or the United Kingdom, but are still Asian and influenced by Asian culture and thus Asian fashion. So those 3 factors combined influenced my style I guess. I was always a bit shy and dressed like that, I didn't want to grab all the attention, so I didn's wear any flashy clothes. I just dressed in comfy casual clothes and I also liked them.

But after watching anime I became more confident of myself (yeah, the complete oposite with all those otaku's and such who become more shutdown). Anime learned me to care less about what people think of me and that I should just be myself. Those make-up guru's taught me the same.

So now I'm taking pride in how I look. I still wear my casual clothing, but with a slightly feminime touch to it. (I've never been into jewellery and accessoiries and I'm still not into them). I live in the Netherlands and we don't wear school uniforms here, but I wish we would if they looked the same as in anime. I have some plaided mini skirts that are in a school uniform style and with a top and cardigan they look perfectly normal to wear everyday, not cosplayerish, and I really love that look. Though I'm not brave enough to wear mini-skirts to school, I do in my free time and then I love to wear those outfits.

I also would love to buy a bow for in my hair, since I have long, thick, wavy, dark hair and a red bow would look amazing with my hair, but I still haven't found any good one that is worth it to buy.
Jul 31, 2013 3:11 PM

Feb 2008
I don't need cartoons to tell me how to dress.
Jul 31, 2013 3:16 PM

Sep 2012
You mean people actually wear clothes?
Jul 31, 2013 3:33 PM

Jul 2013
xjust_mii said:
First of all I would like to say this is a nice thread. Even though there are a lot of people making fun of it, but I assume those people are just childish teenage boys that aren't smart enough to understand what you are trying to say.

Anime did influence my clothing style, but not completely. It brought me to k-pop and when you search for k-pop on youtube, you get in touch with those "make-up" guru's which are all from either America or the United Kingdom, but are still Asian and influenced by Asian culture and thus Asian fashion. So those 3 factors combined influenced my style I guess. I was always a bit shy and dressed like that, I didn't want to grab all the attention, so I didn's wear any flashy clothes. I just dressed in comfy casual clothes and I also liked them.

But after watching anime I became more confident of myself (yeah, the complete oposite with all those otaku's and such who become more shutdown). Anime learned me to care less about what people think of me and that I should just be myself. Those make-up guru's taught me the same.

So now I'm taking pride in how I look. I still wear my casual clothing, but with a slightly feminime touch to it. (I've never been into jewellery and accessoiries and I'm still not into them). I live in the Netherlands and we don't wear school uniforms here, but I wish we would if they looked the same as in anime. I have some plaided mini skirts that are in a school uniform style and with a top and cardigan they look perfectly normal to wear everyday, not cosplayerish, and I really love that look. Though I'm not brave enough to wear mini-skirts to school, I do in my free time and then I love to wear those outfits.

I also would love to buy a bow for in my hair, since I have long, thick, wavy, dark hair and a red bow would look amazing with my hair, but I still haven't found any good one that is worth it to buy.

Thanks for your comment, this is exactly what I was talking about. I relate to your post quite a lot, especially about taking more pride in how I look without being cosplayerish. It's not a matter of insecurity or being easily swayed, but finally finding something that seems perfectly... you.
Jul 31, 2013 4:21 PM

Dec 2011
Not in the least bit.
Jul 31, 2013 4:29 PM

Jun 2008
I started wearing nothing but orange.
Jul 31, 2013 4:32 PM

Nov 2011
Most anime clothing are based on japanese "fashion" clothing. Given that, if you would dress like that and you aren't japanese, wouldn't you look a little bit ridiculous? I mean... seriously?
I luv u
Jul 31, 2013 4:36 PM

Mar 2013
No, of course not. My mum buys me clothes
Jul 31, 2013 4:57 PM
Jul 2013
Of course! Since I found out about anime, I've only been wearing super kawaii female high school seifuku! °*°
Jul 31, 2013 5:28 PM

Jul 2013
ANIME COMPLETELY CHANGED THE WAY I DRESS ~
ITS GIVEN ME A WHOLE NEW SENSE OF CONFIDENCE ~~~~~
lmao no.
Jul 31, 2013 5:31 PM

Jan 2013
Nope.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jul 31, 2013 5:33 PM

Dec 2012
Yes of coursee~! Now I only wear a Shihakusho
Jul 31, 2013 6:44 PM

Jun 2012
I'm still wearing what my mom buys me.
Shoot first, think never.
Jul 31, 2013 6:48 PM

Sep 2008
Yes but I'm not good at noticing anime character's fashion sense.
Actually, just not good at noticing fashion sense period.
Except for obvious stuff like Akatsuki robes.
I do enjoy my Jinbe and Saber T-shirts though :)
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Jul 31, 2013 6:52 PM

Jul 2013
SupaNiper said:
MrAwesome2011 said:

Most of my clothes are already made in Asia.. Do they need to be inspired from there too now??

I live on the country side. So driving down to the center in my town(Of course i drive a tractor!) in a school uniform or anything anime related would make me feel uncomfortable. And i would bet you 1000$ my friends would laugh at me. I only got 2 friends that even know what anime is.

I live on a farm also, but I have never gotten a mean comment about my clothes. I'm sorry you are so offended by this topic, but if someone would tease you for simply wearing something you like, they may not be the friends you think they are. I don't care if you don't want to wear anything anime-inspired, be comfortable and happy in your own style :)
Jul 31, 2013 7:00 PM

Sep 2012
Jaguer91 said:
Most anime clothing are based on japanese "fashion" clothing. Given that, if you would dress like that and you aren't japanese, wouldn't you look a little bit ridiculous? I mean... seriously?

You are saying it like if "japanese fashoin" only consist on kimonos or samurai costumes.
I don't see how this would look ridiculous

People on this thread believe japanese fashion is actually this...

Seriously -_-
Jul 31, 2013 7:05 PM

Apr 2012
I'm currently wearing a Goku shirt. You tell me.
Jul 31, 2013 7:08 PM

Aug 2012
Jauregui said:
People on this thread believe japanese fashion is actually this...

Seriously -_-

They don't dress like that in Japan? My life is a lie.
Jul 31, 2013 7:11 PM

Jul 2013
thanks to all these slice of life anime my clothes have began to get more kawaii ,,,

I used to wear black dull clothes now I wear clothes with colourful patterns...
Jul 31, 2013 8:11 PM

Dec 2012
I used to wear an all-white suit with a white fedora and a hot pink shirt. Now I wear an all-white suit with a white fedora, a hot pink shirt, and long pointed red sunglasses.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream!"

- George W. Bush
Aug 1, 2013 4:36 AM

Sep 2012
Anime has influenced my style so much I cant even believe it! I love to cosplay, I'm really good at it too if I do say so myself ;) I have always loved the outfits anime characters wear they are just so unique. It's not just anime though Japanese pop culture has inspired me a lot for example: visual kei, gothic lolita, decora, the list goes on but I cant remember them at the moment. My every day wardrobe consists of... well I don't really have one. I dress in visual kei not to an extreme extent though I have a quirky cute style most of the time and others times I dress in gothic aristocrat. if I'm going somewhere and I have to look "normal" I'll usually end up standing out, maybe because of my knee high converse sneakers or maybe because of my stylish jackets I import from Japan. Either way once you start dressing like an anime character it is very hard to stop, it becomes a part of you and sometimes people will give you crap about it but who cares It's my life and I'll do what I want with it!

Some anime characters that influence my style:
Aug 1, 2013 6:09 AM

Jul 2013
Nope.
Aug 1, 2013 6:59 AM

Sep 2012
Nope.
Aug 1, 2013 8:22 AM

Jul 2013
Mikuo_Chan said:
Anime has influenced my style so much I cant even believe it! I love to cosplay, I'm really good at it too if I do say so myself ;) I have always loved the outfits anime characters wear they are just so unique. It's not just anime though Japanese pop culture has inspired me a lot for example: visual kei, gothic lolita, decora, the list goes on but I cant remember them at the moment. My every day wardrobe consists of... well I don't really have one. I dress in visual kei not to an extreme extent though I have a quirky cute style most of the time and others times I dress in gothic aristocrat. if I'm going somewhere and I have to look "normal" I'll usually end up standing out, maybe because of my knee high converse sneakers or maybe because of my stylish jackets I import from Japan. Either way once you start dressing like an anime character it is very hard to stop, it becomes a part of you and sometimes people will give you crap about it but who cares It's my life and I'll do what I want with it!

Hell yeah, its your life and you can do what you want! I love the gothic lolita look, but I also like to add a little art deco touch in the patterns. How do you portray the gothic aristocrat style, is it through the imported jackets you buy?
Aug 1, 2013 8:29 AM

Jul 2013
kuity said:
Yes but I'm not good at noticing anime character's fashion sense.
Actually, just not good at noticing fashion sense period.
Except for obvious stuff like Akatsuki robes.
I do enjoy my Jinbe and Saber T-shirts though :)

LOL, its probably normal not to notice fashion sense in anime. I have taken a few Theatre and Film classes in college and loved the concepts and psychology behind character design, so I now pay extra attention to it. I'm quite jealous of your t-shirts, I need to start investing in anime merchandise myself :)
Aug 1, 2013 8:33 AM

Apr 2011
Well, I started to wear clothes, if that counts. I was always usually shirtless and wearing some shorts. If I wear something, it was always a jersey which will stay on my body for 10 minutes max.
Aug 1, 2013 8:34 AM

Jul 2013
PinkMoonPigeon said:
thanks to all these slice of life anime my clothes have began to get more kawaii ,,,

I used to wear black dull clothes now I wear clothes with colourful patterns...

I think color is one of the greatest draws to anime (one of the reasons why I prefer anime over manga, yeah I'm not a purist otaku I suppose). Vibrant and colorful = happy and cuteness !
Aug 1, 2013 8:35 AM

Jul 2013
CNile said:
I used to wear an all-white suit with a white fedora and a hot pink shirt. Now I wear an all-white suit with a white fedora, a hot pink shirt, and long pointed red sunglasses.

That is stylish, bro! ;)
Aug 1, 2013 8:38 AM

Jul 2013
yhunata said:
Well, I started to wear clothes, if that counts. I was always usually shirtless and wearing some shorts. If I wear something, it was always a jersey which will stay on my body for 10 minutes max.

FREEDOM! Well, the concept of removing clothes quickly or rarely having them on is present in certain types of anime, so you have some connection with it ;)
Aug 1, 2013 9:45 AM

Jun 2013
come to think of it, i wish the girls at my school would start wearing those super short skirts that you see in anime all the time. that would be pretty excellent. so i could get my yuuki rito moments ive always wanted.

Aug 1, 2013 11:45 AM

Feb 2012
zdude18 said:
come to think of it, i wish the girls at my school would start wearing those super short skirts that you see in anime all the time. that would be pretty excellent. so i could get my yuuki rito moments ive always wanted.
the girls in you school must all be hot.
Aug 1, 2013 11:46 AM

Oct 2012
IceBurn said:
zdude18 said:

Or he got extremely low standards
Aug 1, 2013 12:02 PM

Sep 2012
zdude18 said:

Or knee socks
Aug 1, 2013 12:05 PM

Jun 2013
IceBurn said:
zdude18 said:
a lot of them are.
dodoberry said:
IceBurn said:
zdude18 said:

Or he got extremely low standards
no.
Jauregui said:
zdude18 said:

Or knee socks
i wish.

Aug 1, 2013 2:32 PM

Apr 2013
johnyjohny said:
Has anime changed your view of grass?

I literally laughed for hours because of this.

I have no idea why, but well done.
"But ur a retard."
~Akito_Kinomoto
Aug 1, 2013 3:31 PM

Jul 2013
IceBurn said:
zdude18 said:

At my old High School in Australia, nearly every skirt was like 8 inches above the knee, at least.
Hi.
Aug 1, 2013 3:32 PM

Jun 2013
ZooCrew said:
IceBurn said:
zdude18 said:

At my old High School in Australia, nearly every skirt was like 8 inches above the knee, at least.
that sounds like heaven. at least if you had hot girls there.

Aug 1, 2013 3:39 PM

Jul 2013
Haha you get over it after 5 years. Windy days were still a plus. (;
Hi.
Aug 1, 2013 3:56 PM

Jun 2013
ZooCrew said:
Haha you get over it after 5 years. Windy days were still a plus. (;
im so jealous right now

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Do you like anime about any sport or sports anime in general?

RobertBobert - 4 hours ago

14 by TheMechaManiac »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Which real life underdog story would you like to see getting an anime adaptation the most?

Lincompoop - 1 hour ago

4 by SuperAdventure »»
7 minutes ago

» Does "being an otaku/weeb" still have any meaning in 2024?

thewiru - 5 hours ago

35 by thewiru »»
8 minutes ago

» Most Disappointing "Good" Shows

Treatise - Yesterday

38 by ryzxgum »»
34 minutes ago

» Do you think secondary rival is more interesting than main rival?

m_alhafidz - 11 hours ago

8 by Fringilla_Vigo »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.