Forum Settings
Forums
BTOOOM!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2013 7:45 PM

Sep 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Very quickly today...

Takanohashi watches what happens at the end of chapter 64 via a camera on the other chopper. Hidemi uses her BIM to blow it up but Ryota jumps from the chopper and survives.

There is a picture of the 32 players with DEAD over the ones that are dead.

There is consternation at Tyrannos as their game system has been broken, the security on the BIMs etc.

Iida-sempai is happy, sees Ryota in the water.

There is some uproar, people realizing that this is real but Mr. Schwartz is clapping so all are clapping, it is OK they are slaughtering Japanese people on the island. They're just criminals getting what they deserve.

Takanohashi says they have to fix the system.

Iida-sempai is pissed, he thought this latest development would force them to stop the game.

Ryota is in the water, imagining all the people that died because his plan failed. He starts letting the ghosts drag him down into the water until he remembers. HIMIKO! He swims back up and toward shore. He makes some peace with the ghosts on the way to shore.

Elsewhere, Ryota's stepfather talks with his rough 'n tough looking older brother about Schwartz's world that Ryota has become wrapped up in, the networks that are carrying the program.

Himiko where are you, Himiko... Ryota washes up on shore to find...

A child! One of the other contestants. A cute looking girl in skirt and striped stockings.

----

BTOOOM! is the only series in Bunch that I'm following. If it looks like they are nowhere near the end again I may drop the magazine and go back to just buying the tankobons but for now I must know what happened to Himiko so I will probably buy it again next month...
hpulleyJul 29, 2013 11:21 AM
Jul 29, 2013 11:13 AM

Jul 2012
i feel like i remember seeing a little girl on the copter that dropped everyone hopefully ryota doesnt have to kill her...
0.0 what if the little girl killed himiko 0.0
of course they wouldnt kill off the main heroine would they but my main concern is hopefully the girl is still sane

this chapter seemed really short
btw how many people are on the island dont they also add people once in a while :/
u can probably expect a new batch of people coming and then they have to get those new people to listen

Well thanks again hpulley! :D
Jul 29, 2013 11:23 AM

Sep 2012
The little girl looks cute and clean but those are the ones you really have to worry about LOL

BTW, there was no DEAD over Oda so perhaps he isn't dead or perhaps they only put the DEAD marker on people we know for sure are dead.

There are 32 people on the island as far as I know. I don't think they are adding more right now. The idea was that 4 people would need to kill 7 people each so that out of the 32, 4 would survive. A survival game.

Haven't seen hints of new people coming. I assumed that the whole thing would end with this game or with Ryota and Himiko going home.

You're welcome.
Jul 29, 2013 11:28 AM

Jul 2012
yeah i remember that which is why some people made groups of 4...
in other words u meant to say there were only 32 people (excluding murasaki right) and they marked the ones dead how many r dead though/ how many r still alive?
Jul 29, 2013 12:06 PM

Sep 2012
It says DEAD in English if you can find a raw (2nd page or so of the chapter) but I will count them when I get home.
Jul 29, 2013 1:27 PM
Mar 2013
yeah that's nice and all but what about kosuke? did they mention him anywhere? ;(
Jul 29, 2013 6:03 PM

Sep 2012
We only see Kira on the contestant page. 14 are dead.
Jan 13, 2014 10:05 AM

Aug 2008
s2s should release this chapter this week...

it has some interesting moments. ^_^
Jan 17, 2014 9:19 AM

Nov 2011
Well that was a helpful reminder of how many people are still alive/dead in this twisted game. The little girl at the end might be a signal for a premonition of sorts. I wonder exactly who she is though..

Guess we'll find out next chapter.
Jan 17, 2014 9:28 AM

May 2013
Hopefully there is evidence in Ryota's computer. A little girl spotted at the end. Wonder what her story is in being on the island.
Jan 17, 2014 11:56 AM

Aug 2008
chapter 65 was released by s2s today

http://s2scanlations.com/content.php?873-BTOOOM!-65-by-S2scans

@VanishingKira 'I wonder how they end up handcuffed together.'

You'll find out in the next 4 chapters. ^_^

The next few chapters are interesting... Ryota gets to meet some new people.
Jan 17, 2014 1:48 PM

Sep 2012
With the scanlations catching up maybe I don't need to bother doing any summaries... I took forever to do 67, not even finished. I finally got volume 13 with up to chapter 69 but if they're almost there... maybe no point!
Jan 17, 2014 1:52 PM

Aug 2010
The new loli looks really cute. I wonder what craziness she'll show us XD

Seems like Ryota will be going through lots of events with her to get tied up like the cover.

Also interesting that he was intentionally chosen.

And is it just me or does anyone else feel the NTR from Oda coming now that he's alone with Himiko. I hope not. That would be disturbing as hell.
Jan 17, 2014 2:29 PM

Aug 2008
Our scanner [s2s] just got volume 13 and is going to be scanning it this week, along with another series... we're trying to catch up on the chapters but it all depends on how quick the TLer is with the scripts and who is available to work. ^_^

@ hpulley - I'm sure everyone here has been happy being able to read your summaries while [patiently] waiting for the english scans to come out. <3
Jan 17, 2014 5:05 PM
Mar 2012
I can't believe the world leaders are actually crazy enough to approve this game
Jan 17, 2014 7:39 PM

Dec 2011
*Confident smile*
"We need evidence to fight this organisation."

I don't know, seems like he just raised a death flag.
Jan 18, 2014 12:48 AM

Jan 2013
Page 5 Lol Cool Shit But Sad That You Know !,,
They've Seen How The Game Works ... Don't They How Wrong It Is This Crazy World ...Has Fallen So Low!!!
-------SO TRUE--------
'"Hearts, you say? You Humans are always so quick to speak of such things. As though you carry your hearts in the very palms of your hands. But this eye of mine perceives all. There is nothing that it overlooks. If this eye cannot see a thing, then it does not exist. That is the assumption under which I have always fought. What is this "heart"? If I tear open that chest of yours, will I see it there? If I smash open that skull of yours, will I see it there?4th Espada

Jan 18, 2014 3:14 AM

Dec 2009
It seems like its getting more interesting now.
Jan 18, 2014 8:18 AM

Dec 2008
Are the spectators a bunch of mindless monkeys? Just because the "big money man" claps, everybody's gets on board? Ridiculous!!

I hope Oda and Himiko are still alive. And I also hope that Ryota's stepfather is beating the shit out of his wife every night for nominating Ryota into this clusterfuck of death and destruction.

Looks like a new arc is about to start.
Jan 18, 2014 9:28 PM
Nov 2013
I was wondering when we were going to meet the little girl. I wonder what she did. Also, did they break the fourth wall? O_o
Jan 18, 2014 9:33 PM
Nov 2013
GoGo_Dominatrix said:
Are the spectators a bunch of mindless monkeys? Just because the "big money man" claps, everybody's gets on board? Ridiculous!!

I hope Oda and Himiko are still alive. And I also hope that Ryota's stepfather is beating the shit out of his wife every night for nominating Ryota into this clusterfuck of death and destruction.

Looks like a new arc is about to start.
That's how it works in the real world. If the biggest corporation is in on it, everyone else will just go along with it.

We've already got feminists complaining about the rape scenes. We don't need them complaining about domestic violence too. Lol.
Feb 26, 2015 2:30 AM

Oct 2012
A random loli appeared
What you're going to do now? xD

There'll be many new characters from now on
"Signature removed"
Jun 4, 2015 1:30 AM

Feb 2012
the acceptance of the game is going to lower my score of this manga by at least 3-4. it's just too unrealistic. still thoroughly enjoy this though

R3353 said:
That's how it works in the real world. If the biggest corporation is in on it, everyone else will just go along with it.

We've already got feminists complaining about the rape scenes. We don't need them complaining about domestic violence too. Lol.

you're an idiot if you think any of this could occur in the real world.
Dec 14, 2015 12:09 PM

Jun 2007
LastChapter said:
I can't believe the world leaders are actually crazy enough to approve this game

I can't believe the drastic drop in writing quality post-Taira. Sure, there was a plot armour and contrived writing, but it hit many of the right survival notes. HOWEVER, everything relating to the game developers making a live-action TV murder show for the Illuminati, with a black guy on stage, was ridiculously bad. It doesn't even make any sense WHY. Was better left unexplained--less stupidity, that way.

Date being kept alive/trusted, only for him to - SHOCKINGLY - turn traitor was a facepalm moment. But, in general, it just seemed like the charterisation was thrown away for a rushed-sudden 'end' arc... that wasn't the end! Oda went from NTRing badarse to some kind of broship rival (no doubt him being left with Himiko = ROMANCE DRAMA, mind) and Himiko became utterly worthless as a character after kissu. And Ryouta is so fit/Godly he beats people with sticks and trained military goons using guns. AND THE CHEESY HEADSHOT REVIVAL WTF, NOOOOO.

Only gonna keep reading for 'brain off' survival gaming. A new loli character and cast of characters does not exactly read terribly enticing after that last arc. WHY DIDN'T IT END!? It was like a cancellation finish without the cancellation.
Sep 11, 2020 2:58 AM

May 2020
All the plan is fail. Everything is gone now. Who is the loli? Seems a new characters will coming in. I was shock when the loli also stay on the island.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Btooom! Chapter 125 Discussion

Akoram - Aug 15, 2018

12 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 26, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Chapter 97 Discussion

drama_menck - Oct 5, 2016

21 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 14, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Chapter 122 Discussion

Akoram - Aug 15, 2018

25 by Xeehad »»
Jan 14, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Chapter 121 Discussion

Akoram - Aug 15, 2018

13 by Xeehad »»
Jan 13, 4:22 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Chapter 77 Discussion

Stark700 - May 11, 2015

23 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jan 9, 2:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.