Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 18, 2009 1:50 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OK... this is one of those episodes that is either really stupid or requires subtitles to understand. So basically there's this really slow girl, Usagi (rabbit) who doesn't get along with her brother Michi. In the end, it seems like they've forgiven each other, but Usagi still pulled the string anyways? What?! @_@

I'm guessing there's a bigger moral story behind this, since it was pretty freaky to watch Usagi laughing by herself by the river at the very end of this episode.

*sighs* It looks like Jigoku Shoujo won't have another real plot until the last few episodes.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jan 28, 2009 12:27 PM

Feb 2008
The subs are out....but they don't help at all to understand the reason she had to send her brother to hell.Is she stupid or what ?

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Jan 28, 2009 12:35 PM

Nov 2007
So... she sent her brother to hell because... he wouldn't/forgot he said he was going to marry her? I think they established that she was stupid.
Jan 28, 2009 1:48 PM
Dec 2007
The perfect baka yandere.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 28, 2009 5:17 PM

Feb 2008
MEGATRON said:
So... she sent her brother to hell because... he wouldn't/forgot he said he was going to marry her? I think they established that she was stupid.

lol you're wrong. stupid people do not realize that they are being made fun of. she just couldn't act and react nearly as fast as people do. there at the end he just said too much. i guess she just got tired of people making fun of her, including him.
Jan 28, 2009 7:21 PM
Nov 2007
Comments made while watching:

-Class we have a new student :D

-What is that like the only vending machine in all of Japan?

-What the hell? Just let the girl move at her own pace!

-Here is a little tip, when you are talking about someone behind their back, try not to do it when they are sitting at the table with you.

-Funny how her name is Usagi but everyone calls her a tortoise. Clever.

-Way to go Yuzuki, by telling the girl what Hell Correspondence is you just increased the likelihood that she will use it (assuming she honestly has not already).

-How many stalkers does this girl have?

-Has anyone noticed that in some episodes Princess Kikuri doesnt have her spring?

-Well at least her brother isnt dressing up in womens clothing and stealing her boyfriends...

-Wait dont tell me...first one to pull their string wins! Raises the question, what happens if its a tie?

-How exactly does a tortoise fit in with a wild west setting?

-"Loincloth Booster" FTW!

Post Episode Comments:

Honestly my reference to the episode where the girls brother cross dresses and steals all her boyfriends because he secretly loves his sister (as a woman not just as family) was purely coincidental but it appears this episode has something similar. At first I thought that Usagi pulled the string because she hadn't realized that her brother had made her boyfriend break up with her (she did seem very dense sometimes) but at the end of the episode it seems more likely that Usagi still really did have some deeper emotions for her brother and she couldnt take it when he said that she would someday find another boyfriend (thus revealing that he did not harbor any incestuous emotions towards her). Feeling betrayed (or whatever) Usagi pulled the string.

I have to say that this season has some episodes that deal with some very complex (and sometimes disturbing) emotions that havnt been touched in previous seasons. Granted this is not always a good thing. It is far more satisfying when someone who is a total douche bag gets sent to hell than when you have tragic misunderstandings or odd situations like in this episode.

All and all the episode wasnt THAT bad.

Verdict:

Do I even need an explanation?

Not Guilty!

Jan 29, 2009 2:52 AM

Jul 2007
kisami said:
MEGATRON said:

lol you're wrong. stupid people do not realize that they are being made fun of. she just couldn't act and react nearly as fast as people do. there at the end he just said too much. i guess she just got tired of people making fun of her, including him.

Yeah, she wasn't stupid... just spineless. She never had enough confidence to make choices or confront anybody, so she just went along with the flow, while at the same time resenting everybody for thinking she was stupid. So when her brother went on and said "even you" she passed her tipping point.
And she didn't even have the guts to do it while facing him... *sigh* Pretty pathetic if you ask me.
Jan 29, 2009 6:37 AM

Mar 2008
i watched this the 2nd time after 2 weeks coz this episode's story was extremely messed up and different compared to a lot of the other JS episodes..
this is gonna be a really long review of the episode, so dont read if you dont want to.

the first time i watched this, i was totally confused.. and so surprised when hone onna said "ur sister pulled the string".. i was so happy that things were finally settled in at least one episode without someone going to hell.. and then ^^; honestly, i could only think of one thing : usagi has lost her mind and soul and i couldn't accept the reason she pulled the string.

but after watching it the second time, i've come to understand a bit about how she feels. well, i'm not sure if there are many families/siblings like usagi and her brother, but in japan, the word 'siscon' (sister complex) is popular nowadays. in this episode, i believe they tried to portray a similar social phenomenon in the opposite way.

As a summary to the background of the episode,Usagi looks up to her brother and has romantic feelings for him (most probably because she has never had a proper relationship/friendship with other boys), while his brother is jealous that she gets all the attention as the youngest child in the family. Usagi thinks he hates her purely because she's slow and useless, and his brother doesn't realize that Usagi has feelings for him.

let's look at the social background in which this story is put in. In japan, being a tortoise says a lot about your future. especially in main cities like Tokyo, even walking on the roads or getting on the train would be a big problem if you're slow. and in a busy world like that, very few ppl would actually lend you a hand, becoz they dont want to be left behind in society either. that's practically how it is for usagi. and just think how it feels when the person you think is closest to you is one of those ppl who just walk past you when you get tripped over at an intersection. that's her brother.

of course, her brother was kind to say "let's stop doing this as siblings". but usagi realized that he was the same as everybody else, when he said "you'll find another man" and "even you can do it". This reminded me of a quote from a drama which left a very strong impression on me "saying 'do your best'(ganbatte) is irresponsible". And usagi's brother was saying the exact same thing. "Even you can do it,(so do your best)" I finally understood how usagi feels.. hatred. it's like, someone you look up to and love for your whole life just stabbed you in the back and left you to die in this cruel world you live in.

so usagi was like "yea, i can do it, sure.. hahaha" ^^; i can't deny that she must be insane at this point, tho. wouldn't be surprised if she turns out to be like Kotonoha or Rena after that.
Either way, very creative work and enjoyable..
Jan 29, 2009 12:09 PM

Jun 2008
Kugimiya Rie's slowest character. Ever

Also I was hoping to see Enma in a cowgirl outfit.

I'm not commenting on the plot because it was way too stupid, no matter how you interpret it.
Jan 29, 2009 1:10 PM

Nov 2007
Uuchie said:
kisami said:
MEGATRON said:

Yeah, she wasn't stupid... just spineless. She never had enough confidence to make choices or confront anybody, so she just went along with the flow, while at the same time resenting everybody for thinking she was stupid. So when her brother went on and said "even you" she passed her tipping point.
And she didn't even have the guts to do it while facing him... *sigh* Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

That makes more sense, I guess I was just thrown off by the burakon scene they appended to the flashback at the end, because I remember I did indeed find the "even you" harsh at the time. That said I still consider her stupid, though slow might be a better word to have described it.
Jan 29, 2009 2:29 PM

Jul 2007
MEGATRON said:
Uuchie said:
kisami said:
MEGATRON said:

That makes more sense, I guess I was just thrown off by the burakon scene they appended to the flashback at the end, because I remember I did indeed find the "even you" harsh at the time. That said I still consider her stupid, though slow might be a better word to have described it.

I wouldn't even say 'slow' either... It's not that she couldn't understand her choices, it's just that she couldn't bring herself to make them. It's really a problem of confidence, not intellect. Like on the vending machines, she could probably have stayed there the whole day without being able to choose one.
Jan 29, 2009 4:06 PM

Nov 2007
Uuchie said:
I wouldn't even say 'slow' either... It's not that she couldn't understand her choices, it's just that she couldn't bring herself to make them. It's really a problem of confidence, not intellect. Like on the vending machines, she could probably have stayed there the whole day without being able to choose one.

To me it seemed that the lack of confidence was due to her being a little slow her whole life as even if she was aware that everybody in her life (parents, brother, friends) considered her slow, chances are that she was and the way she was treated just ended up making her more and more indecisive as time went on.

The vending machine might not be a great example of what I'm thinking because it was dependent on a choice but the pizza cutting scene seemed to lead towards her being slow as there really isn't much to think over or consider when slicing up a pizza.
Jan 30, 2009 12:53 PM

Jul 2007
MEGATRON said:
Uuchie said:

To me it seemed that the lack of confidence was due to her being a little slow her whole life as even if she was aware that everybody in her life (parents, brother, friends) considered her slow, chances are that she was and the way she was treated just ended up making her more and more indecisive as time went on.

The vending machine might not be a great example of what I'm thinking because it was dependent on a choice but the pizza cutting scene seemed to lead towards her being slow as there really isn't much to think over or consider when slicing up a pizza.

Hm actually I'd say the pizza would be an even better example that the problem wasn't lack of intelligence. I mean, someone who can't slice a pizza because they're to stupid would also be too stupid to even go to school, let alone to keep up with the other kids. It's more likely that she was just afraid of not cutting it up in equal pieces or something. Sure she wasn't exactly the sharpest chopstick in the drawer, but I don't think she was of sub-average inteligence either.
Jan 31, 2009 11:48 AM

Nov 2007
Uuchie said:
MEGATRON said:
Uuchie said:

Hm actually I'd say the pizza would be an even better example that the problem wasn't lack of intelligence. I mean, someone who can't slice a pizza because they're to stupid would also be too stupid to even go to school, let alone to keep up with the other kids. It's more likely that she was just afraid of not cutting it up in equal pieces or something. Sure she wasn't exactly the sharpest chopstick in the drawer, but I don't think she was of sub-average inteligence either.

I wasn't trying to say that she was too stupid to actually slice the pizza, more that what would not have been an afterthought to a normal person required her to actually think about what she was going to do. She also talks about trying hard too and not being able to keep up because she's a tortoise.

In my view of intelligence, it's not just whether you can or can't learn or answer something, but also the time it takes you determine and perform what needs to be done, which is why I consider her to be of sub-average intelligence. I guess all of her actions could have been chalked up to nervousness, but the way they established her character in both how people reacted and what she said about herself makes me think that she was indeed slow.
Feb 1, 2009 6:22 PM

Dec 2008
I dunno, but I enjoyed the episode, especially the way the ending was rather open-ended for interpretation.

The way I saw it was that she's slow in her actions not necessarily because she's spineless (although that may be part of the cause), but because she's afraid of making a mistake due to her low confidence. She's definitely not an idiot, because if she was, she would not have realized that her friends disliked her and were making fun of her.

As for the ending, the way I saw it was because she loved her brother, as more than just a sibling, hence all the flashbacks to when she was younger and asked him to marry her when they grew up. I don't think she ever moved on from those feelings, hence the "tortoise" part again. We can see that when her brother breaks off her relationship with that other guy, she isn't really depressed or angry. She smiles and forgives him.

It's that last line about how she shouldn't give up, and how she would be able to find a boyfriend later, implying that he could never see her as more than a sister. I think that's really what made her pull the string.

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Mar 21, 2009 1:53 AM
Nov 2008
Well, Ep title is totally Aesop's reference. But is something like that happened in the ep? It's subtle competition between two and they're siblings.

I don't think the flashback is about incest romance or anything...well as children many think that we'll actually marry our own sibling or anyone who's just close to them (Remember Shirley in Code Geass say she want to marry her father? in such childish way ,of course!) and after Freudian things happened (w/o fixation) they'll remember those scene as "Funny Childish Moment" and continue to live on normally.

I might be wrong but at least I think this ep. is not as incest-related as that crazy Cross-dresser ep. in Season 2.

I think Usagi the turtle (Irony!) is deeply thoughful when she's manipulate by everyone she still have more chance of succession (Romance or job) than her brother...the rabbit who freely act but having trouble with his job.And you know what happened....while the sis want to win her "seem to be successful" bro she have no motivation, no confidence or anything to make her-the slowly walking turtle to win the "Seem to be successful" rabbit...but at the end of the fable the slow-walker will win and the rabbit is not really successful.

But the turtle in this fable do not want to win!? or...just do not want to rematch.

How Usagi, the turtle pull the string off at the end of ep. is how she toss away the match and continue living as turtle without any rabbit to race with her.
Mar 23, 2009 5:52 AM

Aug 2008
I really thought it was going to be the recently dumped boyfriend that got rid of the brother, but I like the end just the same. I must be alone when I think that this series has taken a u-turn and started getting much better. I'll forget the first 13 episodes exist, that's what I'll do.
May 25, 2009 9:17 PM

Mar 2009
when they threw the straw dolls into the river, I really thought the string wouldn't get pulled this time!! =( meh, I guess there's no other way, huh?
Sep 28, 2009 12:31 PM

Aug 2009
That's fucking outrageous.

I'm starting to think this idiotic girl really likes her older brother. She wants to marry him but the older brother said to him that she will eventually find another man.

She basically pulled the string because she thought his older brother forgot his promise about the marriage thing. His older brother said something about finding another man, which makes the girl sad/mad since the one she really likes was her older brother.
Nov 24, 2009 11:09 PM

Jul 2009
What The Fuuuuuuuuuk!?
Jan 25, 2010 6:25 AM

Nov 2009
in the en he was like the only one who didnt give up on loving her... but then she pulled the string... sucks 4 her... and him!!! XP
Apr 16, 2010 3:57 AM
Jul 2008
Mizore951 said:
in the en he was like the only one who didnt give up on loving her... but then she pulled the string... sucks 4 her... and him!!! XP

He didn't give up...but that awkward smile kind of did it for her. I guess in her situation, it's the last straw where even the slightest negative comment set her off.

At first I was thinking "even you can do it, so do your best" was a positive comment. It's saying EVERYONE CAN DO IT no matter what. But it also can bring in some negative feedback. THinking about what the brother said again, "Even you can do it" starts to sound negative. Basically, the brother says even you, a tortoise, can do it. The "so try your best part" (was that in the anime? or was it just mentioned as an example in the forum lol) kind of lessens the harshness.

But yeah, I can see how the girl's lack of confidence caused her to be slow. Being indecisive made her think long and hard for even the simplest tasks.
May 17, 2010 2:26 AM

Feb 2010
It honestly seems like she pulled the string and sent her brother to hell just to prove that she could.
Dec 23, 2010 4:52 PM

Jul 2010
So she sent him cauz in the end he said she'll be able to find an other guy, even somebody like her can do it, right? I mean an other reason isn't there? Stupid episode, all I could think of was "that poor onii-san". If she know she's so dense she shouldn't punish her brother but herself instead, I don't see why she did send him and it's stupid he got a "punishment" before going to hell -_-"

At the end of the "marry me" childhood flashback you see that he went back and said he'll marry her if she becomes beautifull, isn't that a sign that he does care about her but can't show it?... Stupid episode and if u ask me neither of them should be send...
Feb 20, 2011 3:52 AM

Oct 2008
Kugimiya Rie <3
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 30, 2011 10:19 PM

Dec 2008
Dang, and here I was hoping for a happy ending...I guess I should have known better.

Also, a minor point of contention - They both had straw dolls for each other, but early in the last series (I forget where exactly) someone had tried to call Jigoku Shoujo but were refused because they were already the target of someone, so they had already established the precedence that this situation should not happen. That said, I would have like to know what would happen if they both pull it at the same time.
Jul 6, 2011 1:46 PM

Feb 2009
Man, this season the string pullers are actually more unlikeable than their victims.

I for one would love to see an episode where a string puller gets their comeuppance.

Jul 8, 2011 10:01 PM
Jun 2009
Very, VERY disappointed at his episode. He in NO WAY deserved it. If anything, that slow girl deserved it because I know a girl that is as slow as her, and it's REALLY annoying being around someone like that. At the beginning, I was expecting her friends to sell her to hell because she got a boyfriend before them.
Aug 10, 2011 5:46 PM

Dec 2010
This episode... It was nothing I would've seen coming. The girl won my sympathy because of her position - she was slow and almost everybody neglected her. Except for her... friends. I sympathized the brother too. I was really surprised when he was about to send his sister just because he was jealous. I understand him well - he was left alone in life, but if I was him I would have gotten advantage of this by following my very own way in life. Why the his sister wanted to send him to hell? Well, compared to him she'd always look like a tortoise. I guess that's her main reason to send him to hell. But her reason must've been changed or otherwise she could've sent him early on.
From here there are two possibilities - A: She sent him to hell because he looked down on her when he said "Even you...", B: She maybe haven't forgotten about his promise that he'll marry he one day. Thus, after hearing his words she understood he'll never marry her and she decided to punish him for breaking his promise
There' really the possibility that she was indeed spineless and she decided to send him without even facing him.
This episode holds too much of a mystery in itself and I really doubt her reason may be found out that easy. I liked the episode overall.
Aug 10, 2011 7:12 PM

Jun 2009
It really bothers me how people don't understand the episode and they say it's bad because of that. Sometimes we say/do things that hurt others without really thinking about it and I think this is a clear example of it.
The guy really deserved to goto hell and at the same time he didn't. That's why people say you should think before saying things.
About her being slow I think it's lack of confidence like some people said. She doesn't want to disappoint anyone so she is always thinking too much about things, so much that people end doing the stuff for her.
Oct 27, 2011 2:01 PM

Dec 2008
MEGATRON said:
So... she sent her brother to hell because... he wouldn't/forgot he said he was going to marry her?

Sad.. Again..this season is disappointing me again D: i was really liking this episode, the charas, the story... and how do they make it end? the worse and senseless end they could ever invent... D: sad..

ps: was just from Usagi's part the incest feelings or were they paid back but now they both grown up and he understood that he couldn't be with his sis, not in THAT sense?

Jan 23, 2012 12:40 AM

Dec 2008
Has anyone mentioned at this point that maybe because she's slow, she didn't remember that, as a part of her flashback, that her brother did ultimately support her in the end before she pulled the string?

Let me clarify: She could remember almost the entire memory where her brother picked on her for being slow and no one would want to marry her when they were little kids. Similar instances happened all the time as they grew up, and all these feelings of resentment have built up over the years. However, even though they now both admit how they're jealous of each other for different reasons and decide to get along from now on, throwing their dolls into the river, Usagi pulled the string anyway. And because of her slowness, she then remembered the entire memory: that even when they were young, her brother was jealous of the attention she got but still truly loved her because he came back and admitted that he'd marry her if she was pretty. And she's laughing because of how stupidly slow she is for remembering/realizing that at the last minute, since there's nothing she can do about it now - he's in hell, it's all over. There's no making up now. All of the years of her being slow and relying on other people to make decisions and do things for her have backfired.

At least, this is what I got out of it. I, too, like that this episode can be interpreted ambiguously. I wish more episodes were like that so we were really in the dark about who was right and who was wrong.

Most people seem to be claiming that it was incest or something but I didn't get that kind of feeling from these two. I mean, I did think about the episode in season 2 where the brother has feelings for his sister like someone earlier mentioned, but I don't feel like it was that extreme. Especially since this was a flashback as children; children say goofy stuff all the time and when you're young you like fighting for your sibling's loving attention; I KNOW I said something similar when I was a kid, that I wanted to be with my brother when I got married, but when you're a kid you say stupid things that really don't mean anything, but you know just from saying something like that the siblings are close and love each other very much.

It didn't seem like in the present day that they had a romantic attraction to each other; that they were just siblings living out their lives and were jealous of each other because of how their parents treated them. They came to terms with it, and decided they wanted to get along like they should have done all along. But siblings fight, it's a totally normal thing.

But whatever. Some people will read what they want into this. And that's why this episode is so brilliantly ambiguous; it's not entirely clear WHY Usagi pulled the string at the last minute...

Is it because she's slow and didn't realize her brother truly loved her all along, despite all the tortoise calling he did to her all these years?

Is it because she truly loved him and was angry for all he did?

Was the brother jealous of her boyfriend and drove him away and she couldn't forgive him for that?

I think it could even be a mixture of all of these things, but I still think that it's because she's slow and didn't really think about her true relationship with her brother until the very end.

Anyway, I liked this episode much better than the last one, at least.
Jan 28, 2012 4:01 PM

Aug 2009
FUCKING HELLL!!!!!!!!!!! T__________T

I HATE THIS SHOW SO MUCH SOMETIMES !!!!

SENDING PEOPLE TO HELL WHEN THEY DONT DESERVE IT ALL!!!

SRSLY... SO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW!!! -______-
Feb 10, 2012 12:28 PM

Aug 2007
Well, at the end Usagi send her brother to hell. At the end she hated him
Mar 15, 2012 7:17 PM
Jul 2009
They always make it look like there's gonna be a happy ending, and then bam.. someone gets sent to hell anyway. If they do it again, I'ma be pissed.
Jun 29, 2012 11:04 PM

Jul 2011
at first i thought she was mentally retarded so i felt bad for her but then i figured out she wasnt i still felt bad because people treated her like she was mentally retarded and that even you statement yeah it can really hurt but i felt bad because he was tryna encourage her
Aug 10, 2012 1:56 PM

May 2012
Rather a nice episode, hate and love between siblings are always quite hard especially if it's at a point of jealousy!

Other than that it was a nice story, the main character was quite funny actually being that slow like a tortoise but on her own way she had her character!

Ending was quite sad even if they both made up she still pulled the string, was rather sad for both! Imo the dolls had to be disappeared when they where thrown off the bridge!
Sep 20, 2012 2:30 PM

Apr 2011
Thanks to the few in this thread, the episode made sense in the end. The little sister sent her older brother, because even he made fun of her and she has pass her tipping point.

I thought the ex-boyfriend sent the brother, but the alternative caught me off guard. Regarding the friends in class, wow, they are such whore's of a friend.
Sep 25, 2012 1:19 AM

Jan 2012
another episode depicting how slutty women really are...

omg she's gonna put out before us! How dare she!

I fucking love this writer..
Nov 30, 2012 8:10 AM
Sep 2011
She's definitely not an idiot, because if she was, she would not have realized that her friends disliked her and were making fun of her.
As for the ending, the way I saw it was because she loved her brother, as more than just a sibling, hence all the flashbacks to when she was younger and asked him to marry her when they grew up. I don't think she ever moved on from those feelings. We can see that when her brother breaks off her relationship with that other guy, she isn't really depressed or angry. She smiles and forgives him.
Dec 17, 2012 3:01 PM

Jun 2011
Really weird (and stupid?) episode again, I'm getting frustrated by how people get sent to hell for apparently no solid reason? It's just sad to watch how fragile and weak these people are =(
And no plot development here whatsoever...
Jan 6, 2013 6:02 PM

Sep 2012
I was hoping for a happy ending!
Mar 5, 2013 12:59 AM

Jun 2012
She pulled the string?! What?!

Didn't really get why she did it, since it seemed like they were ok with each other back there... I guess she still hated him, she just didn't want to tell it to him then, or something :P

Or maybe she tricked him into throwing away his grudge against her, so once the contract is severed, she made one for her brother. If I remember correctly, you can't make a contract against someone if that person already has a contract against you, so...
Jul 11, 2013 9:03 PM

Mar 2010
great job on the fake-out happy ending in this episode! i really thought things were going to work out for a moment! as soon as i heard the older brother say "even you", i sensed it as being really harsh and thought that his sister would pull the string.

i think it was an appropriate episode, and i like that she pulled the string later, taking her time to make the decision like the a "turtle" would. i feel sympathy for both characters though.. it's sad that her brother confirming that he did not see his sister in an incestuous way was essentially what landed him in hell.
Dec 7, 2013 4:09 AM

Jun 2012
that was a really sad episode i felt sorry for the girl in the beginning but seriously was stupid reason to sent her brother to hell still also feel sorry for her.

i wonder why some people don't get why she sent him its obvious >.> and i am not saying she did the right thing or had a good reason.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Jan 16, 2014 8:31 PM

Nov 2013
Wow did she really need to send him to hell? LIKE CMON! I mean yeah he should of talked to her nicer but to send him to hell off of that reason alone after making up like is just so terrible. >:(
is it so important to have a death every episode SERIOUSLY. Like i can see why Enma Ai broke down at the end of season 2 like OMFG the reasons some of these people send to hell is SOOOOOOO stupid i feel like this anime is insulting to people's intelligence like this gets kind of stupid after a while......ugh
Dec 11, 2014 11:31 PM

Nov 2013
There's a special place in hell for you Usagi. Pulling the string is one thing but forgiving your brother then pulling the string behind his back is an even greater evil. Meh I hated the brother anyways.

I thought that Usagi was adorable until she went full yandere at the end. That laugh...Jesus Christ that was some serious Higurashi shit.

Oct 12, 2015 11:28 AM

Aug 2014
That girls wasn't a "tortoise". She was just plain retarded.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Apr 18, 2016 6:18 PM

Feb 2012
This episode is emblematic of everything wrong with the premise of the series. You have a somewhat-original story of sibling tension that's caricaturized to railroad the plot into Jigoku Tsushin.
Jun 2, 2016 9:00 AM
Aug 2011
Reading here makes me think it was a little too subtle. Yeah, Usagi was probably a little stark raving mad at the end, but her brother's last sentence kinda pushed her over the edge. He still thinks she's a slow good-for-nothing, but that even someone like her can make something of herself.

Still feel it was an unnecesseary Hope Spot, though. And I hate those comical punishment sequences. Still reeling from the whole 'Enma Ai in a bee suit' scene.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» do you really believe that all thee victims deserved to go to hell

geekfreak17a - May 17, 2014

5 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 19, 2023 8:37 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 18 Discussion

guyklc - Feb 7, 2009

35 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 19, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 27, 2008

72 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 18, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 23 Discussion

guyklc - Mar 14, 2009

47 by patkarunungan »»
Nov 11, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beave - Mar 20, 2009

52 by Phobossus »»
Aug 26, 2023 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.