Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Jul 10, 2013 1:29 PM

Sep 2011
Ah, the style, the dialogue, the voices, the cinematography, the head tilts... so good to have Bakemono back!
Jul 10, 2013 1:31 PM

Mar 2012
IntervisioN said:
Not digging Senjougahara's short hair at all.

Yea missing her long hair already ;_;
Jul 10, 2013 2:19 PM

Feb 2011
I love everything about this series but I hate the fact that now I have to wait an episode a week again. I need my fill of Mayoi groping dammit.

Jul 10, 2013 7:37 PM

Feb 2012
Hate senjougahara's new hair. Hoping Ahragi gets back soon cause right now, it's a tit fest... which aren't my thing. And DAMNIT they brought back the confusing kanji flashes! I'm a fast reader, but not that fast.
I give it a solid meh, so far...
Jul 10, 2013 9:57 PM
Aug 2011
Good old Monogatari, always nice to have you back.
Jul 10, 2013 11:20 PM

May 2012
It's Byakko from DS2!

Senjougahara is like a different person now, when she was crying I couldn't believe it was her. Not complaining tho, she's da bess regardless how she acts.

5/5 because of the Gahara fan service.
Jul 11, 2013 12:12 AM

May 2013
oops,

hachikuji is really interesting character.

how can i meet her in some way to some place?
Jul 11, 2013 12:52 AM

Feb 2013
At Last!!!!!!!!WOOO HHOOOO
Jul 11, 2013 12:52 AM

Jan 2013
sisgood said:
Hate senjougahara's new hair. Hoping Ahragi gets back soon cause right now, it's a tit fest... which aren't my thing. And DAMNIT they brought back the confusing kanji flashes! I'm a fast reader, but not that fast.

Don't expect Araragi at all this season.
Jul 11, 2013 12:56 AM

Mar 2011
sonofcasbah said:
sisgood said:

Are you serious? Monogatari without Arararagi?

;______;
Jul 11, 2013 2:48 AM

Oct 2009
Somewhere on the middle, I almost mistaken Senjougahara with Kanbaru, especially when she asks for bath for two.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Jul 11, 2013 3:00 AM

Jan 2011
Every new season of the series, I come back for more.. disappoint.
Plot, where thou?
Jul 11, 2013 3:34 AM

Dec 2012
Edefrem said:
sonofcasbah said:
sisgood said:

Are you serious? Monogatari without Arararagi?

;______;

No that's not true.
Jul 11, 2013 8:11 AM

Nov 2010
bsidebg said:
Plot, where thou?

Use the 3-Episode Rule before you decide.
I play, the haters lose.
Jul 12, 2013 4:29 AM

May 2013
So good to see Senjougahara back T.T
Jul 12, 2013 4:36 AM

Jun 2013
bsidebg said:
Plot, where thou?

Don't make me laugh. Please tell, what PLOT are you talking about? A series based on character study doesn't have a consistent plot IMO. On the note, yes, I have no intensions of being a dick, I just act I do.
SyntriateJul 12, 2013 5:51 AM
Jul 12, 2013 4:42 AM

Oct 2012
sonofcasbah said:
sisgood said:

What? He does appear this season, he's just somewhere else this arc.
Jul 12, 2013 6:13 AM

Oct 2011
At last it's back ... and Yurimonogatari from the start , i think this second season is all about each of the heroine's own prespective, not by Araragi
Jul 12, 2013 6:40 AM

Nov 2012
Near_J said:
At last it's back ... and Yurimonogatari from the start , i think this second season is all about each of the heroine's own prespective, not by Araragi

yurimonogatari? -_-
hehe you think so? XD just watch it until it finish airing :p
Jul 12, 2013 7:09 AM

Oct 2012
I was waiting for this and finally it started, this was amazing, Hitagi showed some real hard emotions in the episode it was pretty cool and god she got undressed (she is hawt). Seeing Hachikuji without her bag was kind of weird but again she still so cute

That is the show im taking as biggest hit of the summer (well it should be) and im looking forward all the other episode whatever is happening.
Jul 12, 2013 12:25 PM

Aug 2012
Yes Monogatari Series is Back !!!
OP was pretty cute
and it seems that Hanekawa is still Trying to Shoulder the burden, makes me think she didnt really learn anything from the Tsubasa Cat arc. But i still like Tsubasa > Senjougahara for some reason
Jul 12, 2013 2:07 PM

Jun 2013
The Best News Yet:

The 2nd Episode comes out tomorrow! Who's ready?
Jul 12, 2013 3:01 PM

May 2011
Fuck yes time for another season of Monogatari! Ooh the first arc is gonna be about Hanekawa with Araragi not even present. Makes me wonder what he's doing. And ohh snap at her not even hesitating to answer that question at the end.

Senjogahara I miss your long hair so much :(. But I am liking the change in Hanekawa though.
Jul 12, 2013 4:13 PM

Feb 2013
Grouchio said:
The Best News Yet:

The 2nd Episode comes out tomorrow! Who's ready?

totally!
the summerseason keeps me a bit bored but this always makes/will make my week^^
(not much to watch up until now,but 3-ep rule still in effect)
Jul 12, 2013 9:46 PM
Mar 2009
It was a good episode,
but I felt it needed more fan service XD
Jul 13, 2013 9:03 AM

Apr 2009
"If you must go to school, you need to defeat me first."

Ah, Monogatari Series. Very familiar. Like an old friend. Pretty amazing to witness firsthand how well Tsubasa and Hitagi get along now. Their banter is a dynamic we've never really seen much of before (except for LN readers, of course).

Nisemonogatari already previewed me this, but still... Hitagi's beautiful long hair... ;_; She's also no longer the ice queen she used to be - the not-so-gradual change in personality is quite incredible to behold. Changes aside, I still love her. Still Monogatari's best girl in my book.

Also, IIRC this is the first Koyomi-free episode. We've always seen things from his perspective, now it's Tsubasa's point of view. Almost weird not to hear Kamiya Hiroshi's voice as Koyomi mentally narrating events.
Jul 13, 2013 10:17 AM

Nov 2011
man o man so much short hair!

So excited for this show!
Jul 13, 2013 11:57 AM

Aug 2012
VioLink said:

Oooh mmyyy god

OMG lol XD
Jul 14, 2013 10:46 AM
May 2012
Whoa, that was too much fanservice in one episode. But then I'm glad to see this series again, definitely keeping up with this one.
Jul 14, 2013 6:26 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Hell yeah, Monogatari is back.
Shortt haired emotional Senjougahara doing Lupin impressions. I dig it.

Gotta love the head tilts and the blatant... foreshadowing.
Jul 15, 2013 11:24 AM

Oct 2012
This was a great start. Cant wait to watch more!
Jul 16, 2013 11:43 AM

Jun 2013
For all of those awaiting the next episode, it's available on Commie Subs/Horrible Subs! Go watch it now guys! :D

And concerning Fanservice, you ain't seen nothing yet~!
GrouchioJul 16, 2013 11:50 AM
Jul 19, 2013 8:35 AM

Apr 2013
From this first episode i can already say that I love this series.

Haven't seen Senjougahara so emotional since Bakemonogatari >_<
Jul 20, 2013 12:21 AM

Jul 2012
The first half was total shit and the second half just barely was interesting with Senjougahara.

Also op/ed sucked.

wtf and I was actually looking forward to this?
Jul 20, 2013 3:59 PM

Apr 2013
waaah whats up with the short hair :'(
Jul 22, 2013 1:59 PM

Jun 2008
So much goodness....
Jul 28, 2013 1:28 PM

Nov 2010
Wow, it's back! Was missing the dialogues, style and backgrounds
I forgot how stiff Senjougahara sounds, but acts the opposite
Tiger vs Cat seems very interesting and without Araragi to the rescue

Hanekawa & Senjougahara together is really epic
Jul 29, 2013 2:05 AM

Jan 2010
All right! Belatedly, that was awesome.

I'd been holding off watching this as I find this show, this world, to be so immersive that it requires a lot of energy to watch. They're as rewarding as they are taxing however so it's all worth it. But it's not something I want to watch too lightly.

The moment that I fell back into the world was when Hachikuji was recounting how she'd searched for Araragi, finding yet a new way to say his name. I can't help but feel when I watch this that the seiyuu have a lot of fun with their roles. They're off to a great start.
Jul 30, 2013 10:00 AM

Jan 2012
Aversa said:

I have to say to seeing Senjougahara so worried and willing to help out is something unexpected.
Hanekawa sleeping in such a place was indeed not a good idea of her i fully agree with Senjougahara that girls should not sleep alone in abandoned buildings.

Hitagi's behaviour did surprised me as well at first, but it does makes sense after seeing just what kind of method she used in Nisemonogatari in order to keep Araragi safe from Kaiki. Knocking him out on the open street and chaining/handcuffing him down in the cram school was a rather radical and desperate act on such a short notice, so it's not hard to imagine why she got so carried away when she couldn't find Hanekawa until some hours have passed.

Aversa said:

We knew Hanekawa's living conditions weren't very good how can she even manage living in the hallway like that?
There is a limit to how much patience a person can have.
And being woken up by a cleaning robot doesn't sound very appealing either.

Yeah, the beginning part of the episode and the scene regarding the cram school was more unsettling in this sense than the episode itself (and Hanekawa's narration, of course) would let it on. It's one thing she's able to describe her "home" so casually despite that house being anything but the home she implies on with her narration, but living in the cram school being a better option to her than staying with her parents is another thing. Especially if one takes into account her narration and behaviour didn't even registered it as an actual attempt to stay away from her parents, instead it was just an ordinary option to her. She did acknowledged it to Hitagi later that it was a hasty decision on her part due to the shock of seeing her house getting burned down, but it's easy to see that this is just an (unintentional) excuse on her part.
Aug 14, 2013 7:19 PM

Jul 2013
Finally, I'm on this season now, and it looks like Koyomi is not in the first episode, oh well, at least Hanekawa and Senjougahara are here, but it seems like Senjougahara's personality is different? Also, I wonder how they plan on dealing with that tiger without Koyomi being present.
Aug 21, 2013 10:29 AM
May 2010
I honestly don't get this anime. Dropped the first season long ago, due to its long winded conversations about, really unnecessary talks. I even fell asleep watching one of the episode where the characters spend half of the time talking and talking. A lot of events are also really random aka not making any sense. The first episode of this season is the same. Here is what I get: whenever something happens, the characters retell the whole story to each other, and repeat it over and over again. I mean, come on, I the audience already get what is going on! Plus, it spends around 1/3 of the episode talking about this guy Araragi and deciding if the girls should take shower together. Ehhh.... what is the point of it? And what is the point of commenting on every single remark coming from Senjougahara?

Though people might find Senjougahara's remarks to be intellectual and funny, I don't. She was just speaking out the obvious things and adding her own interpretations to it, which is quite annoying due to her almighty attitude whenever she tilts her head, acting like a know-it-all type, despite relying on the male leads for help. That is the second reason I dropped the first season. Despite that, the art style is pretty good, but the storyline is like mehh...wonder how it receives such good rating.
jimmy2027Aug 21, 2013 10:48 AM
Aug 22, 2013 4:12 AM
Jan 2013
So glad this show is back. But i have one MAJOR problem. I don't like how Gahara is so god damn friendly to Hanekawa!? What happened to her tsundere side? Why is she so god damn friendly? Hopefully she is still her usually self when she is with Koyomi ( I have only seen episode 1 ). Am I the only one who doesn't like this personality change? Thoughts?
Aug 23, 2013 6:55 PM

Jun 2010
Marvelous
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Sep 29, 2013 11:20 AM

Apr 2012
Very good start to the series. I now fully understand why Araragi ran away crying from Hanekawa's house in the Nekomonogatari series. the poor girl has no bedroom or even a proper bed. At least Harry had a cupboard underneath the stairs!
Oct 13, 2013 6:26 PM

Sep 2012
Volume 1 contains the complete Hanekawa Tsubasa monologue as bonus audio:
特典音声(羽川翼モノローグ完全版)

http://www.monogatari-series.com/2ndseason/package/index.html
Oct 14, 2013 12:56 AM

Mar 2010
TDarkNight said:
So glad this show is back. But i have one MAJOR problem. I don't like how Gahara is so god damn friendly to Hanekawa!? What happened to her tsundere side? Why is she so god damn friendly? Hopefully she is still her usually self when she is with Koyomi ( I have only seen episode 1 ). Am I the only one who doesn't like this personality change? Thoughts?

1. Gahara is more to kuudere rather than tsundere.
2. She respects Hanekawa and did want to become a friend to her.
Nov 15, 2013 5:07 PM

Jun 2011
awww man, I should've started watching this sooner :D
awesome to have this series back! <3 just as epic as ever :)
Nov 26, 2013 12:58 AM

Jul 2011
Geez, Shaft's done it again. One episode and I'm already hooked all over again.
Nov 26, 2013 8:18 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Oh well all the han already said, there is him and the other two ... three, I would say, han undergone brainwashing? O_o Notwithstanding my doubt, the plot and also the narrative different from the usual make it enjoyable and intriguing l 'atmosphere.
Drawings and animations that make me sad, do not give anything intrigues of nudity or anything, but the quality seen in Nekomonogatari Kuro, here is gone! D:
Scenarios always beautiful, but only if you talk about Monogatari otherwise would not be to my liking being my highest standard! For me only those PA Works and nothing else! ASD
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

724 by solodust »»
Today, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2013

320 by SouthRzVa »»
Today, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

257 by SouthRzVa »»
May 1, 5:47 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

165 by SouthRzVa »»
May 1, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

101 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 16, 7:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.