Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2013 7:59 PM
Dec 2012
Jun 24, 2013 8:01 PM

Oct 2011
Leaulux said:

Not gonna lie... That's pretty badass
Jun 24, 2013 8:47 PM

Mar 2013
For you anime only watchers, kite's "death" is only the beginning. All the crazy shit is going to happen later. I'm just hyped for certain fights to be animated in the series.

Leaulux said:

This is tight man
Jun 24, 2013 10:36 PM

Oct 2009
HxH is the best anime ever.

Wish I was ignorant of kite's death. I was prepared for his death alright, but didn't expect it's gonna be this soon. Wanna see all his crazy slots though! Sighs, too bad.

What gon and Killua did reminds me of the scene in the airship. Gon said he won't leave kite behind and Killua said he would only make his decision at the spot. The difference in personality is portrayed well. Gon is more of impulse/instinctive and Killua is more of calculating type.

Love Gon and Killua at the end. Their friendship is just perfect, how they need each other to cover their respective weakness.

Jun 24, 2013 10:42 PM

Nov 2011
Leaulux said:

This is fucking epic.
Jun 24, 2013 11:15 PM

Mar 2013
Leaulux said:

Who made that?

rebelakuma said:
"Gon, you are light. But sometimes you shine so brightly, I must look away.
...Even so, is it still okay if I stay at your side?"

I actually found that top line to be so beautiful that, for a split-second, I was actually shipping two 12 year old [or are they 13 now?] boys; which, to my immense disdain, pretty much epitomizes all that I hate about the anime community.

Between that, endearing me to pedo-clowns, and making me fap [no longer] to catgirltrap(?) insects, this show is doing things to me man. Bad things.
StickyWizardJun 25, 2013 5:28 AM
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Jun 24, 2013 11:18 PM
Apr 2013
That GIF was made by fans years ago
There are 2 others i hink
Dont google them they are soilers for th arcs end
This is how much people needed to se this arc animated
Jun 24, 2013 11:21 PM

Jan 2013
i need to start this manga im not even gonna watch the anime
Jun 24, 2013 11:25 PM

Jan 2009
Leaulux said:

holy shit thats awesome
Jun 25, 2013 12:50 AM
Jul 2018
Never expected that, didn't read the manga, even with all the hints I just couldn't see that coming man, pretty shocked right now, and every now and them I rewatch the losing arm part, can't get tired of it, this is story is absolutely fantastic Togashi
Jun 25, 2013 3:55 AM

May 2012
Leaulux said:

Holy Macaroni! Epic... this is from the manga, right? Simply beautiful.
Jun 25, 2013 6:02 AM

Feb 2013
ibrahim2712 said:
i need to start this manga im not even gonna watch the anime

why would you do that?
Jun 25, 2013 6:20 AM
Aug 2012
DAMN THIS EPISODE IS SO AWESOME I JUST HAD TO POST HERE!
Jun 25, 2013 6:23 AM
Oct 2011
rebelakuma said:
Leaulux said:

Holy Macaroni! Epic... this is from the manga, right? Simply beautiful.
Not really from the manga, I believe someone did it, though no idea who.
Jun 25, 2013 6:30 AM

Oct 2008
You know... 3 looked like it was a terrible roll.
Jun 25, 2013 7:25 AM

Feb 2008
Well Gon might be light...but what good is light when it's wrong?
Jun 25, 2013 1:56 PM

Jan 2013
Pusswookie said:
Leaulux said:

Who made that?

rebelakuma said:

I actually found that top line to be so beautiful that, for a split-second, I was actually shipping two 12 year old [or are they 13 now?] boys; which, to my immense disdain, pretty much epitomizes all that I hate about the anime community.

Between that, endearing me to pedo-clowns, and making me fap [no longer] to catgirltrap(?) insects, this show is doing things to me man. Bad things.

can you define the word "shipping" for me? lol i have no clue what you mean by that...at all....
lol you were actually shipping 2 12 year old boys...?
and fapping... to 12 year old boys is just wrong, ya pedo.

Anyways haha, I was surprised with how fast they portrayed the attac k from Pitou. Theyve been going at a pretty slow pace compared to the manga this arc but this part seemed to go by really fast..
Anyone else think Kite's weapon (number 3) was a key and not a mace?

Also, did anyone else find it a little unnecessary for Killua to take off his shirt and lay it over Gon? I mean, it couldnt have been that cold out. i love killua and all i just found it funny and a bit odd haha.
dextronautJun 25, 2013 2:06 PM
Jun 25, 2013 3:51 PM

Aug 2010
I was VERY touched with the last part, specially with Killua's speech...
Man... Kite...
The tears won't stop ;___; why won't they stop? ;__;
Why is this series so fucking great?
Jun 25, 2013 6:25 PM
Mar 2009
SaSa777 said:
I felt bad for Killua, if he didn't run away all 3 of them would have died. He didn't deserved to be mocked like that :(

Agreed. they always get looked down on for being kids.

I cried TAT; noooo Kite!!!
Jun 25, 2013 10:25 PM

Mar 2013
dextronaut said:
Pusswookie said:
Leaulux said:

Who made that?

rebelakuma said:

can you define the word "shipping" for me? lol i have no clue what you mean by that...at all....
lol you were actually shipping 2 12 year old boys...?
and fapping... to 12 year old boys is just wrong, ya pedo.

Yeah that's...that's not what I meant at all.
At any rate, if you didn't know what the word meant, then you shouldn't have said anything after that to begin with.
Shipping is basically saying what pairing [ship] you think will happen in the show, or which you would like, and oftentimes occurs as a subsequent result of [perceived] sexual [or emotional, as with now] tension between characters [though, the perception of such varies greatly; some people are willing to go down with a ship that doesn't even make sense].

But no, I was making fun of people who make immoral romantic implications about characters, and how I myself perpetuated that for a moment. My two thoughts during that scene were "Yep, the fujoshi masses are going to have a field day with this," followed, briefly, by "....actually, I think I'm alright with that," before promptly realizing that disturbing fanart and the like may soon follow. Mostly, however, I just found that scene to be particularly touching, though somewhat disquieting when juxtaposed with Pitou cradling Kite's head immediately after.

On the other hand, to be fair, I read ahead in the manga and Killua's bro-mance with Gon is kind of borderline.
StickyWizardJun 28, 2013 4:38 AM
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Jun 26, 2013 6:23 AM

May 2013
I fell asleep half way through the episode. Kinda broke the continuity.
Good episode. Like any other.
Forever lost.
Jun 26, 2013 9:08 AM

Dec 2011
This episode sent shivers down my spine! Very good episode.

And Kite is gone...

Now, can't wait to see Shoot, Knuckle, Palm, and the reappearance of Bisuke!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2013 9:57 AM

Jun 2013
Moonless97 said:

So when Kite died you fell asleep?
Jun 26, 2013 12:03 PM

Jun 2008
Holy fucking shit that ending scene. Killua is not tarining that you need but a fucking miracle to get close to that level.
I wonder if Kaito could have managed something if he didn't lose his arm trying to make Kon and Killua get out of there.

FrostToaster said:
We are about ~10% done the Chimera Ant arc and it's been a fun ride so far. I was waiting for this fight to be animated for a while and it didn't let me down. The beginning of the episode set up a nice tone allowing for Kite to get more depth as a character and also make us like him a bit more. And it was only a few minutes later when Neferpitou showed up to fight him.

I'm not sure how many people noticed this, but Neferpitou was able to sense Kite all the way from the Chimera Ant colony (En). Killua at the beginning of the episode mentioned that Nen masters are only able to reach 50 m. So how far does Pitou's En stretch? Pretty damn far I'd say.

After re-watching the Kaito v Pitou I noticed Kaito didn't mention anything about the roll he got.

The way Neferpitou said "I guess I'm a little strong" was kind of cute.

Anyways next episode, 3 of this arcs major league players show up. Oh and Biscuit.

Kaito sensed her too though.
Jun 26, 2013 2:52 PM
Mar 2012
Aaronide_ger said:
Moonless97 said:

He's embarrassed to have lost consciousness at that point so he keeps telling himself he fell asleep
Jun 26, 2013 9:48 PM

Oct 2012
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
RIP Kite
Jun 26, 2013 10:57 PM

Apr 2012
Monad said:
Holy fucking shit that ending scene. Killua is not tarining that you need but a fucking miracle to get close to that level.
I wonder if Kaito could have managed something if he didn't lose his arm trying to make Kon and Killua get out of there.

FrostToaster said:
We are about ~10% done the Chimera Ant arc and it's been a fun ride so far. I was waiting for this fight to be animated for a while and it didn't let me down. The beginning of the episode set up a nice tone allowing for Kite to get more depth as a character and also make us like him a bit more. And it was only a few minutes later when Neferpitou showed up to fight him.

I'm not sure how many people noticed this, but Neferpitou was able to sense Kite all the way from the Chimera Ant colony (En). Killua at the beginning of the episode mentioned that Nen masters are only able to reach 50 m. So how far does Pitou's En stretch? Pretty damn far I'd say.

After re-watching the Kaito v Pitou I noticed Kaito didn't mention anything about the roll he got.

Anyways next episode, 3 of this arcs major league players show up. Oh and Biscuit.

Kaito was using En aswell, so that allowed him to sense her En. (from what I remember about the latter part of this arc, that is possible.)
Jun 27, 2013 2:05 AM

Dec 2012
LASDJKLJAS;LD,'QWLE;LQKWE WTF?!!! Why!!! I want to see more actions from Kite DAMN SAD :((((((((((

Jun 27, 2013 3:26 AM

Oct 2009
FrostToaster said:
Monad said:

FrostToaster said:

Kaito was using En aswell, so that allowed him to sense her En. (from what I remember about the latter part of this arc, that is possible.)

More like he sensed the killing intent from a mile away... the explanation is in the spoiler:

... so in summary, let's face it, Kaito got rocked like a noob.
Jun 27, 2013 4:56 AM

May 2013
Aaronide_ger said:
Moonless97 said:

I fell asleep when that boring talk between Kite and the kids was going on, before he sensed Pitou.

Shaduge said:
Aaronide_ger said:
Moonless97 said:

He's embarrassed to have lost consciousness at that point so he keeps telling himself he fell asleep

Hehehehehe
Forever lost.
Jun 28, 2013 12:09 PM

Nov 2007
Ugh... first half is filler.. this arc is slow enough without it
Jun 29, 2013 5:47 AM

Nov 2012
Amazing how this show actually manages to creep me out to the point of scaring me atm, I'm so impressed. Also, saw the Killua x Gon moment at tne end there, it isn't called HxH for nothing... XD

Jun 29, 2013 9:37 AM

Mar 2010
arnxx said:

Filler? ain't that in the manga?
Jun 29, 2013 10:16 AM

Apr 2012
vongola1314 said:
arnxx said:

No. The first half of the episode wasn't in the manga. But since they played with Kaito's character, it was necessary for the filler to occur so that Gon can get Ging's Hunter License from him.
Jun 29, 2013 4:32 PM

Nov 2012
Well ad first i plan to bitch a little bit about this episode since the part when Kilua makes the escape could be done better. I mean there was not really time to talk on Kite's behalve an i recall they didn't do that in the manga. That being said i really liked the new soundtrack. I personally think the colours are not all correct or that the makers gave them there own I'm not sure. That i thought could have been done better since the 90's version choose his colours just fine. But i guess that's just me. Overall great episode though, which is good since it was a important one.
Jun 29, 2013 5:39 PM

Mar 2009
FrostToaster said:
We are about ~10% done the Chimera Ant arc

What the shit. Really? god damn this is going to be a long arc.

I'm late to the party as usual, but wow, this episode was amazing. I had Kite's death spoiled for me a LONG time ago, but it still hit me like a ton of bricks. Gon's optimistic attitude made it even worse. =(
I felt really bad for Killua too. Quick thinking, as always, but I feel his pain. They're completely outclassed at this point. Neferpitou's a beast.

Speaking of which, Neferpitou's confrontation with the trio was quick and brutal. Really intense scene. Props to Madhouse. At this point, though, there's no need to even say that anymore; they're always bringing their A-game.

Also, Pitou's thighs > Chun Li's thighs.
Jun 29, 2013 9:09 PM

Mar 2012
I don't get how his head was cut off then they show him In a freezer with it back on. Am I missing something?
Common Sense Is Not So Common.

Message me for reccomendations or just to talk anime.
Jun 29, 2013 9:26 PM

Oct 2008
Gon_Killua said:
I don't get how his head was cut off then they show him In a freezer with it back on. Am I missing something?

Pitou sewed it back on.
Jun 29, 2013 9:51 PM

Aug 2008
Really god episode. Poor Kite.
But I don't understand where would they get freezer in a country where no electronics around. That is just weird.
Jun 30, 2013 2:30 AM

Jun 2013
Where did everyone get their hands on the manga? Anything i've found online isn't readable at this point
Jun 30, 2013 4:16 AM
Oct 2011
Chobatsu said:
Where did everyone get their hands on the manga? Anything i've found online isn't readable at this point
Because of the art? That's how a lot of people read it, unless you found some volume scans which has been redrawn. The quality of the art gets better with later though.
Jun 30, 2013 4:19 AM
May 2012
Chobatsu said:

Read it on Tenmanga.
Jun 30, 2013 8:15 AM

Nov 2007
Gon_Killua said:

FrostToaster said:
vongola1314 said:
arnxx said:

No. The first half of the episode wasn't in the manga. But since they played with Kaito's character, it was necessary for the filler to occur so that Gon can get Ging's Hunter License from him.

That licence thing doesn't happen in the manga either. I think they wanted to delay the part where kite gets attacked. Or get our sympathy for him before he's gone.
Jun 30, 2013 9:03 PM

Feb 2010
I know I'm probably going to be stoned for saying this, but that last scene with Killua and Gon pretty much sounded like a confession to me.

"Gon, you are Light...sometimes I just have to look away. Sometimes I wonder if it's okay to stay by your side..."

Haha don't get me wrong a confession of friendship, of course, *cough cough* bromance.
No, but seriously not able to handle all the deaths that are happening all of a sudden.
Kite...I seriously liked him, he was so cool. D: That stupid cat-insect-monster-thing.

I wonder why, but she pisses me off. Hmm, whatever could the reason be? *cough cough*
Jul 1, 2013 12:34 PM
May 2013
EarlCiel said:
I know I'm probably going to be stoned for saying this, but that last scene with Killua and Gon pretty much sounded like a confession to me.

"Gon, you are Light...sometimes I just have to look away. Sometimes I wonder if it's okay to stay by your side..."

Haha don't get me wrong a confession of friendship, of course, *cough cough* bromance.
No, but seriously not able to handle all the deaths that are happening all of a sudden.
Kite...I seriously liked him, he was so cool. D: That stupid cat-insect-monster-thing.

I wonder why, but she pisses me off. Hmm, whatever could the reason be? *cough cough*

many people considered it like a more than bromance moment but I looked at it like a character development moment for Killua. People forget this is the kid who's been forced into a dark path since he was like 3 yrs old.

Being around Gon's "light" can sometimes overwhelm him. I think deep in his mind, despite Gon's optimistic outlook that Kite is alive, he believes that Kite is dead and that it is really hard to stay positive next to Gon when he's almost sure he's gone. He spares Gon of this harsh reality and chooses to follow into Gon's belief which goes against almost all the principles that he's been taught to of constantly following a logical and realistic train of thought.
Jul 4, 2013 1:15 PM

Feb 2009
R.I.P. Kite. </3 It kinda hurts to see him dead, especially like THAT. I was really shocked even though I knew he'd die. I didn't expect to see him beheaded. :(
Jul 9, 2013 4:55 PM

Jul 2010
Kaito... :'( Noooo. Nooo. His head at the end. I want to fucking kill Neferpitou. Omg. Squish her stupid face like a bug. I can't believe how strong my emotions are.

This episode was super sad, but really powerful. And the way Killua looked so defeated. But I love Gon so much <3 He's able to fill Killua's dark world with light.

I feel so bad though that Gon's hopes are for nothing with Kaito already dead. :( But you know, I think Gon's optimism goes even past whether or not he believes if Kaito is dead. He just is able to overcome any situation; it's amazing. I thought he would wake up all mad because Killua knocked him out, but his reaction genuinely surprised me. I love Gon. I really really do ! He's just such a great character that balances Killua perfectly.
Loved the episode title too. Light X And X Dark. So perfect.

One of the best episodes Madhouse has given us so far, hands down. And that's
hard to say because this show has been bordering on perfection since it started. :)

Killua said:
Gon... You are light. Sometimes, you shine so brightly, I must look away. But even so, is it still okay to stay by your side?

This scene was so beautiful. Omg. And the OST. I love the current ED, and the small violin reprise they placed her was perfect.
fishergirl16Jul 9, 2013 5:00 PM
Jul 9, 2013 10:25 PM
Jan 2008
I was totally shocked, but half-heartedly expected it when he handed Gon Ging's licence, dam deathflag
Jul 10, 2013 9:14 AM

Mar 2013
Gon...the light? That makes me laugh.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Anisamar - Oct 10, 2011

135 by WienGirl »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

47 by Rhaelynne »»
12 hours ago

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.