Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2013 10:26 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that looks like a fun festival but someone doesn't seem to be enjoying it.

Dem tears:

Anyways, kinda of a meh series. The visuals looked great though but too short. This could of been better imo if it was a full series or 40-50 OVA.
May 24, 2013 10:28 PM

Jun 2012
Has this been subbed stark or are you watching raws?
May 30, 2013 5:32 AM

Sep 2012
Mine is based on the ep.6 as listed in Japan so it is different from the one described in the first post.

Anyway, it seems the pattern of this arc is the same as the second story (about two high school students) where the first episode is how they come to the point of confession while the second episode is about a few months after they going out and it reaches a point of reconfirming that they really do love each other after all the time together.

This episode is based in another country town in Nanto city of Toyama Prefecture, Inoguchi http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inokuchi,_Toyama The tsubaki flowers look beautiful and it is really something new to me to see how the nectar can be sucked from the flower. And the nectar sharing kiss at the end looks quite erotic too!

Again happy to see all the shots of real life scenes that are used in the anime - the free-climbing facility, the water architecture (I wonder if it is used for irrigation?) etc

Stark700 said:
Anyways, kinda of a meh series. The visuals looked great though but too short. This could of been better imo if it was a full series or 40-50 OVA.
I do not agree. Yes it is too short but I think for its 7 min or so length (not counting the ED although the ED has some really great real life scenery of Nanto that is also used in the anime) but for its short length I think they pack some pretty decent story, not too complicated (as it cannot afford to be) but it conveys real feelings as well as show Nanto in very good stead, and I think that is really good enough. Too bad for people in Japan they can only watch them by actually going to Nanto...
symbvMay 30, 2013 6:09 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 26, 2013 10:14 PM

May 2013
He wanted to get a taske of the flower too lol. Great way to end the episode with a kiss.
Dec 17, 2013 4:56 AM
Jul 2013
Very nice finish.
Jan 17, 2014 8:08 PM

Dec 2011
That kiss at the end <3. I liked this anime because the episodes were very short and sweet. Wish there were more but oh well!

Jan 18, 2014 8:41 AM

Feb 2012
I think it can be good 12 eps. anime...
But anyway 8/10 for good love stories.
Jan 19, 2014 8:15 AM
Jan 2014
symbv said:
[...] the nectar can be sucked from the flower.[...]

Again happy to see all the shots of real life scenes that are used in the anime - the free-climbing facility, the water architecture (I wonder if it is used for irrigation?) etc

Thanks i really did'nt understand that they were sucking nectar :D
By the way the "water architecture" seems to be a natural well, in West we would ha built a big pump instead of something "artistic"
Apr 2, 2014 2:21 AM

Feb 2013
I was wondering why she bit the flower. I guess it was to suck out some nectar. If I was watching from afar I would do the same thing. Looks like the guy confessed at the end when he was rock climbing. Then they kissed back at the flower shop during a sunset. Nice! P.A WORKS did a nice job with this.
Nano1124Apr 2, 2014 2:27 AM
Apr 27, 2014 7:16 PM

Feb 2011
symbv said:
... Yes it is too short but I think for its 7 min or so length (not counting the ED although the ED has some really great real life scenery of Nanto that is also used in the anime) but for its short length I think they pack some pretty decent story, not too complicated (as it cannot afford to be) but it conveys real feelings as well as show Nanto in very good stead, and I think that is really good enough. Too bad for people in Japan they can only watch them by actually going to Nanto...

Agreed. I think the stories were very well done for their short length, my favorite being the first one with Chiaki and Youji. There was a lot conveyed in those few minutes.

I would have, however, liked to see a little more from this last story as it did feel a little incomplete to me. I think this was because, unlike the first two stories, this one didn't have that pre-established relationship to back the characters feelings. It was simply their first "official" meeting and then a time skip to the confession day. I would have liked to see a little more of the build up to that confession, even if it was just another 6 minute ep. Still, very nice. That kiss at the end. :D

Really enjoyed this anime.
Sep 24, 2014 11:57 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow I didn't think people wouldn't understand what the girl was doing with the flower. Guess I must be weird for actually having sucked nectar from flowers before lol. Though camellia in particular looks like it has more nectar than the one I've tried.

I liked the sightseeing in this episode too! The water thing was really cool and I can see why the guy has so much appreciation for it. I want to go on cool dates like them too :P

This anime, albeit short, was really nice and relaxing, also inducing warm and fuzzy feelings. I think what it did particularly well is showing the awkwardness, the doubts or insecurities, and the experiences in general of being in a relationship. It felt realistic, and yet simple. The best part is that there was essentially no drama, the problems were presented in ways that wasn't overbearing for the watcher, and it was perfect for the short length of the episodes.
Jul 31, 2015 11:38 AM

May 2012
That was totally adorable! Really lovely ending and I must say these episodes where short but oh so good!
Nov 25, 2015 9:36 AM

Sep 2014
Nice anime. I actually liked how these episodes were short. There was no unnecary drama this series like almost every other romance shows lately.
Nov 25, 2016 3:12 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I liked these, but for me there simply wasn't enough time to develop any kind of meaningful story that I could get into from any of the three separate parts. They just felt incomplete.
Jun 19, 2017 1:55 PM

May 2015
This was a nice story too. The girl got her man it was all just according to Keikaku, way to go girl XD

On a serious note, I’m bamboozled as to why shorts like this present the love more natural than most of the long running show having romance as their genre... after all they got more time to develop the characters and the love between them... like I said I’m puzzled by this. Overall what an enjoyable little anime collection. I'm delighted with this show!
Sep 4, 2017 4:36 PM

Jun 2013
I like short romance stories like these. I also like the fact that they creators were using real places for the setting which was pretty amazing.
Sep 14, 2019 10:18 AM

Apr 2016
Finally a kiss. Overall it was nice, the second story is my favorite but also the other two are nice.
Oct 3, 2019 9:41 PM

Dec 2017
Man it's always the shows I enjoy that are too short. They got more progress than 97% of romance anime out there. Fucking amazing. I want 12 episodes sooooo badly now so I can see more development.
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Apr 26, 2020 11:13 PM

Dec 2009
Takumi x Natsuko | 7/10
A secret love of a female racer who's been watching a guy from a distance, until she deceit's him to help her with the broken vending machine as a pretext to get closer to him.
After she leads him to the cable car of the ski park to look at the beautiful view together which he once almost fully suggested, which brings her to reveal her that she lied to get closer to him.
After hanging out for who knows how long together, still unclear of his feelings for her, as he's heading to her job, he noticed her sucking on the nectar of a flower. During their hangout they go to wall climbing. When he propels himself higher, the flower she sucked falls out of his pouch, which spurs her to tease him by calling him a pervert, which he defends as just because he really likes her.
Later on, he sucks nectar out of her hands, and they kiss.

This last arc was a little strange by the intrigue of curious bonding of the two in how they came together and confessed in the end but still sweet and romantic from their mystery of each other.
Sep 13, 2023 2:51 PM

Dec 2009
Old Notes:

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koitabi: True Tours Nanto Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4, 2013

23 by Rod_Russ »»
Jun 16, 2020 5:03 PM

Poll: » Koitabi: True Tours Nanto Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - May 24, 2013

11 by waalex11 »»
Apr 26, 2020 10:47 PM

Poll: » Koitabi: True Tours Nanto Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - May 5, 2013

8 by HectorBlaze »»
Sep 14, 2019 9:55 AM

Poll: » Koitabi: True Tours Nanto Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 24, 2013

7 by Roy_Focker »»
Jun 19, 2017 1:32 PM

Poll: » Koitabi: True Tours Nanto Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2013

11 by Roy_Focker »»
Jun 19, 2017 12:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.