Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Devil Is a Part-Timer! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 9, 2013 6:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh man, these face expressions.

Kinda nice to see Lucifer live with the guys I guess. Maou is scareeed lol. Funny episode.

>Emi in a ponytail.
Looks nice I guess. Emi. vs Human Organ Model, lmao. Lucifer is like a little kid now haha. Kind of an interesting ending there. Fuck cliffhangers. 5/5.

May 9, 2013 6:26 AM
Dec 2012
The OP scene was thrilling and funny. Oh he has already lived with them. "Who is Urushihara?" lol Poor Maou, it seems he finally saw the pic. A new character showed up in the end.

The first half retained the same vibe as previous episodes. The second half was an interesting development, which felt a bit different from previous eps. I liked the new ED song and art.

eminagnamMay 9, 2013 6:30 AM
May 9, 2013 6:45 AM

Nov 2011
eminagnam said:

I'm honestly not sure but maybe they don't understand the concept of funerals? Or maybe they haven't expanded their ideas that far yet.
May 9, 2013 7:33 AM

Aug 2012
Love the new ending sequence. :D
XushuMay 9, 2013 7:44 AM
May 9, 2013 9:21 AM
Jun 2012
So this is just a filler episode that took a bit of epilogue from v1 (the phone call to Emi) and prologue of v2 (the new character, Kamazuki Suzuno appearing).
They skip the umbrella part.

A bit of info about the new character.
May 9, 2013 10:09 AM

Apr 2011
A new character appears!

And she's cute. XD
May 9, 2013 11:16 AM

Jul 2010
Poor human anatomy model never stood a chance against Emi. RIP
May 9, 2013 1:49 PM

Mar 2012
Meh. Kind of an uneventful episode other than the introduction of a new harem member character. The beginning of a new arc?
May 9, 2013 2:15 PM

Feb 2009
Neizaru said:
Filler episode, pretty meh. Let's see if the new arc will be any good.

Not a really a filler though.

I think it is mean the way they joke about the landlady.
May 9, 2013 2:18 PM

Oct 2010
dat landlady joke. Funny ep ♥

Emi ♥

HyackMay 9, 2013 2:41 PM
May 9, 2013 2:25 PM

Jun 2012
The dramatization of ordinary life is still one of my favorite aspects of the show. When Maou came home and thought Lucifer and Ashiya were both attacked was hilarious.

Chiho is cute as ever when Maou visited her school to find the hidden classroom waving gleefully. Ashiya is still the best character of the show however with his genius plan of using the landlord pic as a "weapon" XD

Was this supposed to be the real ED animation? White Fox must've had poor planning with this particular series if so with a delayed OP AND ED granted this isn't it just a one shot

Edit: Regarding the ED, also realized they could've been holding it off because it had the new girl and Lucifer in it but who knows
HybridMBLMay 9, 2013 3:09 PM
May 9, 2013 2:25 PM

Nov 2007
I loved when Emi yelled Hey Maou
For various anime and seiyuu stuff
http://www.youtube.com/user/KaitouDark55
May 9, 2013 2:39 PM

Jul 2012
Lol landlady... that would be terrifying. Anyways, decent episode I guess.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

May 9, 2013 2:40 PM

Jan 2013
Old school building, 7 mysteries, mannequin, could all of that be some kind of quotation of Tasogare Otome x Amnesia?

Nice episode anyway, the landlord pic thing killed me at the beginning lol
I'm a self-taught composer, and here you can find the tracks I've composed so far:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kiusdexra

https://soundcloud.com/marko-poskurica

A single click on each one of them would make me really happy!

If you want to make any comment or critic, do it on my profile or as a comment on youtube / soundcloud!
May 9, 2013 2:42 PM

Oct 2011
Stark700 said:
Oh man, these face expressions.

I loved this one - even if it's creepy-cute than just sweet. But I liked this.

Nice episode as always - as long as this series doesn't try to be too serious everything is fine here.
May 9, 2013 2:45 PM

Dec 2012
Another great episode as always :D

Looks like another new character appears! I wonder if she will also be captured by Maou's charm... >.<
May 9, 2013 2:53 PM

Oct 2012
That part were Maou was scared was just hilarious and those facial expressions..
New ED? It's alright, I guess.
May 9, 2013 2:54 PM

Dec 2012
The new ending needs more Emi damn it!
May 9, 2013 3:01 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Monde11 said:
The new ending needs more Emi damn it!

I know right too much Chiho D: But the new ED is much better than the old one since there's a lot more scenery.

Lol at Lucifer wanting to his PSP back. Loving the three people living together, they are hilarious. It's funny how motherly Ashiya is, telling Lucifer that he can only play his game for an hour max. per day XD Looking forward to this new character.
May 9, 2013 3:03 PM

May 2007
Dammit, I gave in and watched episode 06, which was great and it really really sucks that I have to wait another week for the next episode as a new character in the form of a neighbour is joining the gain in Japan, Earth.

Lol, I'm glad Lucifer is being looked after by Maou and Alsiel, he's like the younger brother for the 2 guys.

Man, I hate it when you have got to rely on an anime because the light novels are either not translated at all or not far enough because I really want to know what happens next. ;)
May 9, 2013 3:04 PM

Jan 2013
The second anime to have a PS Vita in it. I'll be keeping track of this. Since it's sold less than 5 million world wide it's impressive it's in 2 anime this season. I don't remember seeing 3ds's in anime recently.

Anyways, a weaker episode this week. Wondering if there will be any romantic progression.
May 9, 2013 3:05 PM

Apr 2013
i had a feeling he would see the land lady photo one way or another. now a new girl has appeared probably a new harem to. couldnt stop laughing im so glad lucifer lives with them now hah hes like there kid
May 9, 2013 3:10 PM

Jun 2011
What if Emi's mom isn't really an angel but rather the spirited away student from long ago.
May 9, 2013 3:11 PM

Jan 2013
Uhm, but isn't it a harem when the main character is surrounded by girls only? I mean, the main characters in the anime right now are 5: Maou, Ashiya, Emi, Chiho and Lucifer, 3 males vs 2 males. Now a new female one will come, making it 3 and 3, why is it a harem? lol It's more like a generic group of people rather than a harem :|
I'm a self-taught composer, and here you can find the tracks I've composed so far:

If you want to make any comment or critic, do it on my profile or as a comment on youtube / soundcloud!
May 9, 2013 3:31 PM

Feb 2012
Hahah Lucifer trolling hard, still I'm glad that he is living with those 2 in that small house.

Can't wait to see who that girl at the end was in the next one.
May 9, 2013 3:36 PM

Apr 2013
Propu said:
Uhm, but isn't it a harem when the main character is surrounded by girls only? I mean, the main characters in the anime right now are 5: Maou, Ashiya, Emi, Chiho and Lucifer, 3 males vs 2 males. Now a new female one will come, making it 3 and 3, why is it a harem? lol It's more like a generic group of people rather than a harem :|

im sure u meant 3 male vs 2 female :P and a harem is basically when one guy is surrounded by a bunch of girls. emi, Chi-chan, and the new girl will all most likely like maou so that means he is hareming :P unless out of no where she like ashiya :P
May 9, 2013 3:42 PM

Nov 2011
"Two guys can live in a six-tatami-mat apartment?! And there's only one bed?! KYAAAAA <3".

LOL. Chiho's school friend is such a yaoi fangirl XD.
May 9, 2013 3:43 PM

Jul 2012
At last, proper ending.
May 9, 2013 3:43 PM

Aug 2009
Great opening. Burn meat burn! Lucifer is such a troll, can't he go out on his own anymore? Also Ashiya's weapon of choice is hilarious xD

It feels kinda off to me that they manage to get a PC and internet while being on such a low budget. Even more incredible is that they are now three demon guys living in a small room and not trying to kill each other, though it's fun to see how settled down they are in the human world. (Chiho-chan's classmate yaoi reaction was great too ^^)

New girl - I did expect her to show up at the school to threaten the group though she didn't. The change in the opening makes her seem like a good guy already.
May 9, 2013 3:47 PM
Dec 2012
Propu said:
Old school building, 7 mysteries, mannequin, could all of that be some kind of quotation of Tasogare Otome x Amnesia?

And Chiho acts like Okonogi. Yeah it felt like homage to Dusk Maiden Amnesia.
May 9, 2013 3:49 PM

Mar 2013
Good episode, some funny scenes, as expected from this great show.
May 9, 2013 3:50 PM

Jan 2013
Wingzx said:
Propu said:

im sure u meant 3 male vs 2 female :P and a harem is basically when one guy is surrounded by a bunch of girls. emi, Chi-chan, and the new girl will all most likely like maou so that means he is hareming :P unless out of no where she like ashiya :P

Yeh my bad, I meant that :P

But still, I don't agree. I consider harems the situations in which the MC is surrounded by girls ONLY or maybe 1 other guy, while here we could only see 2 female main characters interacting with 2 other male ones for 4 episodes. In the previous episode, 2 new GUYS appeared, one of which has gone away, while the other one has become a new addition to the main characters... Usually when there are harems, all new characters, even occasional appearances, are females, I just think it isn't the case for Hataraku :D

eminagnam said:
Propu said:

And Chiho acts like Okonogi. Yeah it felt like homage to Dusk Maiden Amnesia.

Didn't it? Phew then, I'm not the only one who thought it was some kind of homage, as you said :D
PropuMay 9, 2013 4:12 PM

May 9, 2013 4:05 PM

Jul 2009
for demons and demonlord to fear a pic of landlady... she must have been a former demonlord herself or something like that xD
bruh
May 9, 2013 4:21 PM

May 2011
Lmao that picture of the Landlady looks fucking terrifying from what I can see from the glimpse of it. That's one bikini picture that I am glad to miss out on haha.

Loved the ponytail look that Emi had in this episode and lol she just sounds so cute whenever she gets frustrated with Maou like the way she got left behind in this ep.

New girl is gonna be interesting to watch seeing as she's the Inquisitor? from the beginning. And eh Lucifer is sorta annoying.
May 9, 2013 4:23 PM
May 2013
its OK ep......but damn it they skip umbrella scene, bad choice whitefox....
May 9, 2013 4:25 PM

Feb 2013
LOL The swimsuit picture XD XD just seeing the bottom half looked kinda scarring, lol.

I wonder who that girl is- the one who talked to the people on Ente Isla? Probably, she was looking at them from that window...

Luficer is actually adorable >.< he's hilariousss but he's also like a little kid... like 4 or something. I thought this episode's name (from last week) was going to be something about Maou going to school? like, going to school as in LEARNING but I guess not :/
May 9, 2013 4:27 PM

Apr 2011
Loved it. Can't wait to see what the new girl is like!
May 9, 2013 4:35 PM

Feb 2010
Comedic episode... loved it!
May 9, 2013 4:41 PM

Jul 2009
RediceRyan said:
The second anime to have a PS Vita in it. I'll be keeping track of this. Since it's sold less than 5 million world wide it's impressive it's in 2 anime this season. I don't remember seeing 3ds's in anime recently.

Anyways, a weaker episode this week. Wondering if there will be any romantic progression.

the PSP/Vita generally is the choice of handheld of anime gamers as alot of anime based games and visual novels are found on sony's consoles. the 3ds sells due to the nintendo fanbase in general, so its connection to anime is alot smaller.
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
May 9, 2013 4:52 PM
Feb 2011
Thats the same white PS Vita as i have. Lucifer is now my favorite character ...
May 9, 2013 4:57 PM

Feb 2012
Hmm that new character is the same one that was talking to those priest dudes in the other world.

She looks harmless for now, but I'm curious what her true goal is since she was asked what she'd do.

Either way, another great ep!
May 9, 2013 4:59 PM
Apr 2013
Hah... Lucifer is a NEET now. The fact that he sent Maou and the other to get a game console was hilarious.

Also, what's the umbrella scene?
MCALMay 9, 2013 7:49 PM
May 9, 2013 5:03 PM

May 2012
Aa、geemu yaritai。

Chihochan TOO CUTE.

Teh internet's amazing!

Stalker Emilia.

PSVITA!!! <3

Udon? O_O
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 9, 2013 5:20 PM
May 2013
How can I find the Piano song at the end of the episode ?
May 9, 2013 5:22 PM

Jan 2013
Ashiya using the pic of the landlady to ward off demons was hilarious! I have to agree some of the faces were soo funny too - like Chiho in the school.

And who is that kawaii onna at the end?! I'm glad they're keeping the plot simple. That's what makes this enjoyable for me.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
May 9, 2013 5:24 PM

Dec 2009
... I didn't expect Maou-sama to lose it's charm this fast. I didn't really care at all during this episode orz

At least we had a proper ED. And more Chiho.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

May 9, 2013 5:29 PM

Jan 2008
Lucifer was more humorous because Hiro Shimono voices him, completely reminded me of Keima from TWOGK's.

Lmao'd at Ashiya using the landlady image as a weapon.
May 9, 2013 5:51 PM
Oct 2010
lol lucifer a neet -___- hilarious ep. that landlord pic o my god roflmao
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

May 9, 2013 5:52 PM

Oct 2011
dorothy3242 said:
What if Emi's mom isn't really an angel but rather the spirited away student from long ago.

That thought crossed my mind too, but I don't think that's it.

Anyway, that "sexy" pic. can even ward off demons, what power!! Still, this episode isn't as good as the last, hope it gets on track next week.
Signature
May 9, 2013 6:05 PM

Oct 2012
Really thought that there were some freaky things happening in the classroom, love how lazy Lucifer is:P. Funny episode nonetheless and it will be funny to see how they cope with this new character.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

621 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

345 by foofooplay »»
Mar 21, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

328 by NutsTheBerker »»
Mar 16, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2013

374 by Ailastara »»
Feb 26, 3:30 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Maou-sama! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

483 by 0ssi »»
Jan 24, 4:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.