Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2008 6:48 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yes I can't seem to stop watching this anime -_-

Well I thought Thor took a liking to Karin, and with him acting so adorable I can see why she's starting to fall for him... but isn't it all happening a little to fast? Lol, after the first 5 episodes I wouldn't have thought we'd have this kind of drama :P

Anyway, lots of tension from Third, and it appears that Zagi can see right through him. Agh I wanna know what he's up to!!! Is Third the one reporting back to Odin or not!?!!!
Feb 15, 2009 3:17 PM

Jun 2008
I disliked how Thor suddenly fall in love with Karen, and acts like she's the most important person for him. Also she accepted it to fast and she's clearly doesn't have feeling for him.
Aug 9, 2009 7:42 PM

Mar 2009
I was annoyed with this episode. How can Thor fall in love with someone he just met and choose her over someone who has been with him for years. They don't even know a thing about each other. It sounds more like he's just lusting after her hot looks.
Mar 26, 2010 4:12 PM

Aug 2009
I agree. Tiz is cast aside for someone who he spent a day with AND who tried to kill him? That was pathetic. I wanted someone to be with Zagi. He's too hot to be left alone.

I'm moar interested in the 'mystery'. They're still making Third out to be some 'nice villain'.
Apr 22, 2010 11:02 PM

Feb 2010
Damn it, Thor! A change of heart, just like that!?

>:(
May 5, 2010 1:28 AM

Apr 2010
good episode!
2 is better than 1 :P
Its better to have burned out than to have never really shined...
Jun 1, 2010 8:58 PM

Mar 2009
Thor likes Tiz as a sister huh.. hmm..
Jun 4, 2010 11:12 AM

Jul 2009
AlexSadist-sama said:

If I read right I think she says shes 17 while he is only 15. :/.

Didn't really disappoint me that he doesn't like her because he never really liked her from the beginning but one god dam day :(
Jun 14, 2010 1:27 PM
Sep 2009
Well I think they're going for the whole "love at first fight" thing here - I kind of found it hard to take Thor and Tiz seriously as a couple and I don't think Thor did either - although he did say he loved her an episode or two ago, I found that a little false.
Dec 21, 2010 8:51 PM

Apr 2009
coyotech said:
AlexSadist-sama said:

If I read right I think she says shes 17 while he is only 15. :/.

Didn't really disappoint me that he doesn't like her because he never really liked her from the beginning but one god dam day :(

Yup you read it right. Thor said he loved her like a little sister? Oh come on Thor, she's older than you! LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 9, 2011 2:24 AM

Apr 2009
ruusakraj said:
I was annoyed with this episode. How can Thor fall in love with someone he just met and choose her over someone who has been with him for years. They don't even know a thing about each other. It sounds more like he's just lusting after her hot looks.

Thor is 15, it's easy to misinterpret one's feelings at this age :P That's the explanation I'm giving to myself, as I didn't like the sudden 'love' either.
Third does have some connection to Odin, after all, just why?
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 1, 2011 11:52 PM

Jan 2010
Tell the new girl how much you love her? Get real! That was a horrible development seriously!
A man who knows nothing and says something IS the dumbest person alive. A man who knows something and says nothing could possibly be the smartest person in the world -Unknown

Jun 2, 2011 5:53 PM

Mar 2009
LMAO @ the rushed romance and forced drama. Wow. Who cares about Tiz, right? She's only been by his side for quite a while now, but he's fallen in love with this girl he's been with even longer OH WAIT SHE WAS JUST INTRODUCED AND IN HIS OWN WORDS HE FEELS LIKE HE'S KNOWN HER FOREVER LOVE IS IN THE AIR SPRING HAS ARRIVED!!!11

Terrible development. Also, does anyone think this bears similarities to the scene in Berserk where Guts and Casca are alone in a cave and she tells him how she was jealous of him taking Griffith away from her? Some of the dialogue in this episode, especially, was eerily similar...

Anyway, FUCK this show. I can't believe this is even worse than Fractale.
Jan 1, 2013 5:02 PM

Feb 2011
Talk about laying it on thick. Gag. That whole romance thing was unnecessary, not to mention reeked bull shit. If they wanted to create such a strong conflict with Tiz's feelings they should have spanned it over a couple episodes. Even with the show as fast paced as it is, it would have been doable.

Anyway, Cheng told Tiz Thor's just being a stupid guy, so hopefully he'll realize by the end that Karim was nothing more than an infatuation.

Also what is Third's angle?
NikokoJan 1, 2013 5:20 PM
Jan 27, 2013 11:41 AM
Dec 2011
I understand his feelings towards Tiz, because they did essentially grow up together as siblings. But this whole fake romance is well, fake. :l

Still not sure we can trust the Third.
Apr 22, 2013 4:41 PM

Nov 2012
the whole sudden romance thing threw me off as well - with only three episodes left, what's the point? i would much rather have seen other aspects of the story developed...
Aug 7, 2013 9:16 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
OH for fuck sake Thor . REALLY u dropped Tiz and fell in love instantly with another girl simply cuz she is up to your tastes.. Omfg..

I feel so bad for Tiz T_T ....

And Thor is doing everything that he has been told.. he is like puppet with no own will .. this is simply pissing me off
Oct 30, 2014 12:09 AM

Jul 2013
ruusakraj said:

Agreed.I'm so upset on behalf of Tiz.After she practically spent the last couple of years of her life with him and looking out for his well being.I'm wondering if maybe it's a ploy where Zagi uses that woman to manipulate Thor.I get that Thor's still a kid and what not but wth? He suddenly does a 360 on us and starts losing his head for a woman?
vaikepois said:
OH for fuck sake Thor . REALLY u dropped Tiz and fell in love instantly with another girl simply cuz she is up to your tastes.. Omfg..

I feel so bad for Tiz T_T ....

And Thor is doing everything that he has been told.. he is like puppet with no own will .. this is simply pissing me off
Agreed
Dec 31, 2014 10:19 AM

Nov 2009
Bullshit romance is bullshit, even if I don't like Tiz very much. But what's more interesting here is that they use the word 'partner' in a broader sense than just cooperation towards the same goal... the way Karim was angsting over Zagi choosing Thor to be his partner gives rather obvious homo vibes...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jan 6, 2016 10:34 AM

Nov 2013
PLOT TWIST! TWIST PLOT!

This episode was the bomb! Fucking Thor "LOVED" Karim?! She was trying to kill him, and Thor being the chosen one and all with the "main hero" qualities was being patient with her and wanted to save her then BAM!KISS! THEY LOVED EACH OTHER HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHA! ( when I thought romance anime was illogical then came THIS! ) This shit is one of the most mind blowing episodes!

OH GOD! Even the side characters break the fourth wall by saying Thor is so beloved by the goddess ( which is the author ) HAHAHAHAHAHAH
Jan 6, 2016 10:39 AM

Nov 2013
CG said:
Bullshit romance is bullshit, even if I don't like Tiz very much. But what's more interesting here is that they use the word 'partner' in a broader sense than just cooperation towards the same goal... the way Karim was angsting over Zagi choosing Thor to be his partner gives rather obvious homo vibes...
I thought I was the only one who felt the homo vibe..XD
May 16, 2016 2:26 PM

Dec 2012
Poor Tiz, I'm not too fond of the Karim selection but Thor's feelings are at least understandable (even if I ship Tiz x Thor waaaaay harder).

I get the feeling something is going to go terribly wrong with the meeting. The main question now will be a matter of who it is that ignites it.
Oct 13, 2016 10:13 AM

Dec 2015
Lol I actually like Karim x Thor more than Tiz x Thor.

Though the preview made it seem like this was just part of Zagi's plot...

But that aside, I don't think the pacing was really any different than usual.

,I believe we tend to forget that Tiz only started to "love" Thor after laying eyes on him for like ten minutes.
Although her feelings for him at this point really are genuine, it does seem unfair to condemn Thor's for falling in love with someone he just met sinceTiz' original attraction to him was just as shallow and exaggerated.

And the fact that he used the word "love" doesn't seem to mean as much in this context.
Karim is in fact the first woman he ever took interest in and according to the societal expectations of June, Thor is already long marriageable.
Except for his parents and the minor crushes that the children had, he doesn't seem to have any real knowledge about romantic relationships. (Chimera's laws don't really help with that matter either....) So the use of the word itself probably didn't even have any bigger meaning to Thor.

His feelings for Karim still shouldn't be taken too lightly...
The fact that he had a beautiful girl like Thiz standing by his side and constantly declaring her love and stating her wish to bear his children (for years!!!), makes his attraction to Karim seem even stronger and his sudden confession more reasonable. It only makes sense for him as a naive inexperienced teenager that hadn't felt any romantic/sexual attraction towards other females whatsoever to become emotionally overwhelmed and overconfident in his own feelings towards the first woman who in fact did invoke those romantic / sexual urges in him.

I feel bad for Tiz though but I can't help but wonder why she didn't acknowledge his lack of interest in her sooner...

I guess Karim'll die soon or it'll be revealed that it was only Zagi's plan (although she most likely actually did fall in love with Thor against her own will) and Thor will suddenly "realize" that he does love Tiz.
Karim's role in the opening basically screams that she'll just be sacrificed as another pawn in this whole strategical game between the men ; while Tiz is hinted heavily to be Thor's realized love interest in the opening and ending...

But I guess I could be wrong... We'll see :P
Jan 7, 2017 8:01 PM

Jul 2011
Wtf Thor you literally knew her for like 2 days, now you're rebelling against everyone's opposition. Same for Karim, she just lonely cuz she got dumped by Zagi, doesn't she just want Thor to lick her wounds?... Also, Thor uses "aishiteru" for both Karim and Tiz, which is a very deep term of affection. Naive kid right here. Sigh. Third's disapproving look and Zagi's amusement at the development I can agree with.

I can understand rejecting Tiz, but is there really any plot with Karim? Just to add a bit of drama? Make Thor suddenly irrational? Oh please. =_=
MirorinJan 7, 2017 8:06 PM
Mar 19, 2017 11:14 PM

Sep 2014
I like how everyone is forgetting that Tiz literally fell in love with Thor on the first day she met him, and they didn't know anything about each other. Thor never agreed to her marriage, and said he follows his own rules. That should've been a clue to everyone that he clearly wasn't in love with her.

Thor knew Tiz since he was 9, and that is more like siblings growing up with each. So it makes sense to me. On another note, Thor is currently 15. While he may look in his early to late 20s, he isn't.
Jan 8, 2021 11:59 AM

Nov 2008
I love thid show but I can't stand ridiculous developments like this. The pace feels rushed and the MC is acting like an egocentric.
Jul 4, 2022 5:26 PM
Mar 2022
Mormegil said:
LMAO @ the rushed romance and forced drama. Wow. Who cares about Tiz, right? She's only been by his side for quite a while now, but he's fallen in love with this girl he's been with even longer OH WAIT SHE WAS JUST INTRODUCED AND IN HIS OWN WORDS HE FEELS LIKE HE'S KNOWN HER FOREVER LOVE IS IN THE AIR SPRING HAS ARRIVED!!!11

Anyway, FUCK this show. I can't believe this is even worse than Fractale.

Agreed. This is my last episode that shit right there just pisses me off to no end. Tiz has broken her back and given up everything and then some for that angry dipshit with a rotten personality and he just pisses her to the side for a hot piece of ass. I am a dude and even i think this was god level dick move.

More topics from this board

» How is it shoujo ?

IsekaiNekko - Jul 12, 2021

7 by RobertBobert »»
Sep 3, 2023 12:32 PM

Poll: » Jyu Oh Sei Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Echelon - Apr 1, 2008

81 by Akkuzii »»
Apr 13, 2023 12:48 AM

Poll: » Jyu Oh Sei Episode 10 Discussion

nehnehneji - Dec 28, 2008

18 by Akkuzii »»
Apr 13, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Jyu Oh Sei Episode 1 Discussion

HaiAlwaysHungry - Dec 26, 2008

21 by Bunille »»
Dec 9, 2022 12:45 PM

Poll: » Jyu Oh Sei Episode 9 Discussion

nehnehneji - Dec 28, 2008

20 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Jul 4, 2022 5:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.