Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 3, 2013 4:42 PM
May 3, 2013 4:47 PM

Feb 2012
Whoa this episode came out of left field. Eh still better than the previous episodes. I wonder if the other girls will get their own endings as well. Seems like there could be enough episodes left for it if they wrap up Harukai's ending in the next episode and some endings only get 1 episode.
May 3, 2013 4:50 PM

Feb 2013
Can't wait to see what Maeda's gonna say next episode. I hope it's a love confession
"Currently playing the Game of of Life"
Poppin Pills is All We Know - Antidote
May 3, 2013 5:12 PM

Feb 2013
ZeroAkito said:
Does her turning off the lights mean she's going to meet him OR that she is going to sleep and f***ing tremple all over Maeda's decision ?! I hope it's the first one cause otherwise that would be pretty shitty of her (though I can't imagine her doing something THAT stupid)

I'm pretty sure it means that she went to sleep and ignored him, based on the preview for the next episode. I think that's pretty stupid, personally. I guess that may be a realistic reaction, maybe, but I still kinda doubt it.

This entire episode took a turn, and it really did kinda come out of nowhere. There was no progression. I'm going with this will probably be an omnibus, and with other omnibus anime, you get progression, not jump straight in. My opinion just went down on this show.
May 3, 2013 5:32 PM

Oct 2012
So this anime is similar or a clone to Amagami SS? hmm I like :D Though it's only 12 episodes...wish they make second season :/ I hope lol.
May 3, 2013 6:23 PM

Apr 2011
why is Maeda getting so affected what other people think of them? Like he has inferiority complex or something. He needs to grow some spine, right now!

I can't wait till this arc is over, so we can get starting with the other girls.
May 3, 2013 6:29 PM

Jul 2011
chuckfan said:
The moment when all the girls began mailing her, was pretty pathetic

This!
May 3, 2013 7:27 PM

Nov 2012
Didn't like this episode as much as the first 4 episodes.And like everyone else said the drama seemed forced.
May 3, 2013 8:30 PM

Feb 2012
This episode took the haruka route, really starting to see the similarities with amagami now, I do like these kind of romance route taking animes... Answers the what if question one may have
May 3, 2013 10:49 PM

Jun 2008
Well this certainly took a very sudden turn to drama. Unfortunately after all the stupidity we saw it's kind of hard to take it seriously.

Wingzx said:
So before this episode i had no idea what route he was going to go. to me it looked like it could go anyway then out of no where they just throw Haruka on us. wouldve liked it if they couldve worked up to this point. i just want it to goign back to comedy. this isnt really a drama anime

They threw hints of going the Haruka route last episode. What i don't get is what will happen after this if in the next episode he concludes with Haruka?
Another girl route for the next episodes? If they where going to make each girl a route why did they wasted those 4 episodes on being mainly generic?
Are they gonna make two episodes for all the other girls starting from the relationship built in the first 4 episodes? Still not enough for all of them. Second season?
May 4, 2013 12:56 AM
Mar 2012
FINALLY. I seriously thought Photokano would go the generic harem comedy route and just totally ruin the series. Photokano was always a drama love story, the anime just decided to waste the first few episodes with blatant fanservice. And finally, at episode 5, nearly halfway, they start following the original series again. I believe now it's too late for them to recover, advertising fanservice when they have so much better potential. I seriously believe this series is up to par with Amagami, but they totally wasted and threw away that opportunity. I hope this keeps up, and follows true to the original dramatic series instead of the generic fanservice route because we all know we had enough of those.
May 4, 2013 3:09 AM

Nov 2007
Finally a good episode. This anime took its time! Look at the sorry rating in MAL lol!

As long asthe anime ends with Niimi route, I am good! She has been by far my favourite out of all the girls.

5/5 for the first time!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 4, 2013 6:49 AM

Jan 2013
I hope if this goes a romance route the childhood friend will win, they seemed nice together this ep. The flip from what seemed to be a comedy harem to a serious drama is a little odd, but not really a bad thing depending on how it goes about it.

I'll keep watching.
May 4, 2013 7:25 AM

Feb 2011
Wowowowowow . I didn't expect such a heavy episode .
May 4, 2013 9:42 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

It does not improve too much like history, but not as boring as it remains in the previous episode! At least we have a path to follow and it was also logical at this point! A little forced the plot at certain times, but now I like it! Too bad that the drawings do not better yet, Maeda included which does not yet show his character in full!
May 4, 2013 11:20 AM

Jan 2010
I just came here to say that if all the episodes from this series were of this level, it would be worthy of a great romance o_o but I doubt that things stay that way, unfortunately. Scenarios and OSTs perfect, as has been the difference this time is that the characters showed a different behavior and 'history' had a meaning. Maybe they do not focus only on the route of Niimi? It would be a great balcony!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
May 4, 2013 12:48 PM

May 2012
i was thinking he'd wind up with haruka or nonoka. I kinda like how this episode actually had something to it, background and stuff, looking forward to the next episode cause of that cliffhanger ending.
May 4, 2013 12:55 PM

Nov 2012
I was actually hoping for this anime to have arcs like Amagami SS. I'm still hoping it is! If not, the anime is progressing really fast.
Las firmas estan sobrevaloradas :P
May 4, 2013 4:05 PM

Jul 2010
Meh, it was alright. I like the switch to romance, but the drama was a bit off in my opinion.

May 4, 2013 10:40 PM

Mar 2012
Hmm I loved the art in the rain. I wonder where they'll go from here though
May 4, 2013 11:09 PM
Dec 2011
I love maeda. It's been a long time since there's been a main character that i genuinely like. The main char is always stupid or obnoxious but this guy. 10/10. Awesome
May 5, 2013 8:31 AM

Aug 2010
And that's what you get when you go omnibus: cramming and rushing with little to no time to actually connect with the characters so you can feel sad if they are down, or happy if things are going their way. 2/5.
May 5, 2013 10:50 AM

Aug 2012
Mogami-kun said:
And that's what you get when you go omnibus: cramming and rushing with little to no time to actually connect with the characters so you can feel sad if they are down, or happy if things are going their way. 2/5.
And it even works on some of use. I feel ashamed
May 5, 2013 4:58 PM

Oct 2012
he got to grope a loli, neat.
anyways...those 3 girls making fun of him, didn't they notice every other girl slavering over his second head?

^ Why isn't this updating...
May 6, 2013 12:29 AM

May 2012
jeez, the anime should've stared of like this.
May 6, 2013 9:14 AM
Jun 2009
The real episode. Took 5 episodes to really make it seem interesting.
May 6, 2013 10:31 AM

Jan 2011
Did we just get a bad end on this route? It almost looks like they are trying to emulate Amagami SS but not quite pulling it off. Pity that, since I really enjoyed Amagami SS. Oh well, all will be forgiven if we get an actual good ending with each of the girls, although we might run out of episodes before that happens.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 6, 2013 12:50 PM

May 2013
good episode. the drama finally kicks in.
May 6, 2013 5:36 PM
Oct 2010
eroge of this when!!!!!!
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

May 6, 2013 8:39 PM

Jun 2011
Sorayin said:
That was some of the most forced drama I've ever seen. Absolutely horrendous.

this is shit
May 7, 2013 2:05 PM

Sep 2009
I wouldn't really call the drama "Forced," I think the better term to describe it would be "Typical."
She's just a teenage girl having teenage girl problems, 99% of those seem forced no matter what they appear in.

I, on the other hand, am at least happy to see some character progression in coming to terms with their feelings. The show isn't really filled with nothingness and an oblivious MC anymore.
May 8, 2013 5:42 AM

Oct 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:
So they do 4 episodes with equal balance to all of the girls and now they focus on Haruka's route? Is it now omnibus? Really confused at how they're structuring this series.

That's bad directing, no doubt about that. They are jumping from harem to single-route and all their previous build-up is in vain.
Also, no cameras or photos this time.. they need to concentrate only on one theme at a time, this way it's very confusing.
May 8, 2013 5:56 AM

Jan 2012
Mich666 said:
Hybridbloodszak said:
So they do 4 episodes with equal balance to all of the girls and now they focus on Haruka's route? Is it now omnibus? Really confused at how they're structuring this series.

That's bad directing, no doubt about that. They are jumping from harem to single-route and all their previous build-up is in vain.
Also, no cameras or photos this time.. they need to concentrate only on one theme at a time, this way it's very confusing.

To be fair a lot of us were left wondering why the last episode felt like then end. Go re-watch the end of it, it brought a lot of closure to the photography side of the show and I guess it felt like the end because they were about to switch into melodrama mode. Not saying it was the right choice but at least something is happening now, and it's not as disjointed as some people are implying.
May 8, 2013 2:56 PM

Aug 2011
Great ep, I was really hooked during the latter half when they started expanding the past of Maeda and Niimi. I'm really liking her after this ep too.
May 9, 2013 2:10 AM

Sep 2009
ReasonDesu said:
Mich666 said:
Hybridbloodszak said:

To be fair a lot of us were left wondering why the last episode felt like then end. Go re-watch the end of it, it brought a lot of closure to the photography side of the show and I guess it felt like the end because they were about to switch into melodrama mode. Not saying it was the right choice but at least something is happening now, and it's not as disjointed as some people are implying.

^^ This exactly
At least there will be actual progression of the story
May 9, 2013 2:57 PM

Jan 2008
Was like "COME ON NTR!" when her shadow showed up in her room hoping for another shadow to appear. The screaming was pretty stupid...
May 10, 2013 10:47 AM

Jul 2010
I can't tell if this series is getting better or I'm just getting used to this.
May 10, 2013 8:45 PM

Jun 2012
Well although it was a dramatic change to something so serious, I liked that maybe now there are feelings and emotions.

May 14, 2013 2:59 PM

Sep 2008
Wow, that was painful to watch. Even more so than usual. I don't see it getting any better, so for now, consider it dropped.
May 14, 2013 4:09 PM

Nov 2010
Sorayin said:
That was some of the most forced drama I've ever seen. Absolutely horrendous.

THIS.

Episodes one through four were pretty good for a slice-of-life harem. They should have stuck with that without trying to force romance.
May 16, 2013 1:18 AM

Sep 2012
Didn't expect Kenji Miyazawa's "Kaze no Matazaburo" would make an appearance in this show, not to say at the beginning of an episode!

And then the use of the famous "No Longer Human" by Osamu Dazai is a smart one when things fell bottom for Maeda.

We even have a Haruka solo version for the ED, and BTW, did I see some changes in the OP?
symbvMay 16, 2013 5:06 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 30, 2013 6:15 AM

May 2013
That was a nice start to the episode.
Almost the OP changed a bit.

Niimi X Maeda! But then an Ace Striker of Soccer appeared.
And so did chaos.

I can related to Maeda (for not being worthy and being jealous), but I wouldn't have been such a jerk (and an idiot) to Niimi.

Overall, this episode had a dramatic atmosphere, unlike the first few episodes.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 9, 2013 9:22 PM

Nov 2012
its niimi arc hmm.. looks like it will take 2 episode.. :3

btw like niimi when she's blushing lol XD
and, just like I doubt she and maeda loving each other.. :3
kinda depressing when seeing maeda past when he hurting niimi :3
Aug 21, 2013 10:15 AM

Jun 2011
Better drama than the first 10 episodes of Sakurasou (watched only 10). This series is better off doing it like how Amagami did, a girl per route, not mix everything up like the first 4 episodes. Blame the bad directing.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 16, 2013 7:10 PM

Jun 2013
I'm a bit surprised by how much i enjoyed this episode :)
Sep 16, 2013 7:36 PM

Jun 2013
I'm a bit surprised by how much i enjoyed this episode :)
Dec 22, 2013 7:06 PM
Jul 2013
An episode with feeling.
Oct 9, 2014 10:22 PM

Sep 2014
So they changed the pace of this anime.. Not sure if it's a good move though.. It would be better if they started like that from the beginning (the whole romance/drama thing).. It feels wrong since the first 4 EP was different..

Nonetheless, the real thing starts now I guess.. Niimi's arc is first..
Oct 16, 2014 6:22 PM

May 2008
The 4 ep feels like the end of a prologue and now it's getting serious.
Finally something happens and more background information from the MC.
I hope it will stay like this now!
Oct 18, 2014 8:54 AM

Aug 2013
Yeah, maybe it was forced, but I'm still enjoying it.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favourite girl.

Kanorin - Jun 22, 2013

25 by 0nder_16 »»
Jun 14, 2023 4:03 AM

Poll: » Photokano Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

104 by Kraum »»
Nov 7, 2022 8:49 AM

Poll: » Photokano Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2013

118 by maaroc »»
Sep 15, 2022 10:35 AM

» I absolutely hate it when shows do this (Spoilers)

DEMOLITION_D - May 24, 2013

18 by RioAl »»
Jun 10, 2022 8:29 PM

Poll: » Photokano Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

112 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 20, 2022 4:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.