Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'L-DK' to get Movie Adaptation (EDIT: Confirmed to be Live Action Movie)

New
Apr 17, 2013 1:21 AM

Sep 2012
According to the May issue of Kodansha's Bessatsu Friend magazine, shoujo manga "L-DK", by Watanabe Ayu, will get a movie adaptation. It is not known yet whether the movie is a live action film or an anime. More details will be published in the June issue to be released on May 13th, when the latest volume 12 of the manga will also be published.

Source: Comic Natalie
myanimelistllcMar 5, 2016 12:06 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 17, 2013 1:33 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Hmm quite the cliche story. I'd still be happy to watch it though c:
Apr 17, 2013 1:45 AM

Apr 2012
I wonder which would be better, live action or an anime adaptation of it.

My forum picture is awesome. #sorrynotsorry (tumblr)

Apr 17, 2013 2:29 AM

Mar 2012
It sounds alright, I'll watch it. I'm not exactly looking forward to it, but when the trailer comes out I might just stat getting excited :)
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SilentSuicide&sclick=1]
Apr 17, 2013 2:46 AM

Nov 2007
I've been kind of interested in this manga, but too lazy to start reading it. So I'm happy that it gets movie regardless of anime or live-action.

Edit: Just realized why I'm interested in this. Miyu-Miyu voiced a character (Shouta Komine) in drama cd ver. of this manga. Now I'm hoping more of anime movie adaptation now with the same casts as drama cd ver..
tsubasaloverApr 17, 2013 3:35 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 17, 2013 2:52 AM
Mar 2010
Even though this manga is quite cliche, I enjoy it because it uses cliches in a refreshing way or so I feel.

But really...

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE BE AN ANIME MOVIE!
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 17, 2013 2:56 AM

Apr 2013
''Male love interest-kun'' is the "prince" of his high school.
^ Oh god why do shojo manga always start like this ._.
Apr 17, 2013 2:57 AM

Feb 2011
If it's an anime movie, I'll definitely watch it.

Cliché's are usually pretty fun.
Apr 17, 2013 3:01 AM

Apr 2008
Will watch, want to know who'll play/voice Shuusei and Aoi!!!
Apr 17, 2013 3:06 AM

Jul 2009
I will watch it for sure, we need more good shoujo animes/movies!
Apr 17, 2013 3:38 AM
Sep 2012
If It´s a Anime Adaption then I I´m probably going to watch it. Through I´m doubting it if it´s a Live-Action.
Apr 17, 2013 3:49 AM
Mar 2010
Arararraragi-kun said:

if you think that all shoujo manga are like that, you've been looking in the wrong places I think.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Joou no Hana
Dengeki Daisy
From Five to Nine
Piece
Hibi Chouchou

Those five are good examples.

It's just that usually, shoujo with the 'school prince' type manga re more popular. Same way how lots of 'most beautiful girl' shonen romcoms are popular.

What I wouldn't give for Taiyou no Ie or Joou no Hana to get anime adaptations...but sadly, they're not that popular in Japan.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 17, 2013 3:49 AM

Jun 2011
Animu purisu, not gonna bother with the live action
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 17, 2013 3:59 AM
Jun 2011
phoenixalia said:

What I wouldn't give for Taiyou no Ie or Joou no Hana to get anime adaptations...but sadly, they're not that popular in Japan.

Well Taiyou no Ie generally ranks when a new volume comes out, so I'm pretty sure that means it's popular.

natalieexxApr 17, 2013 4:03 AM
We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars

Apr 17, 2013 4:57 AM

Jul 2011
It's much more likely to be a live action.
Apr 17, 2013 5:27 AM
Mar 2010
natalieexx said:

Well Taiyou no Ie generally ranks when a new volume comes out, so I'm pretty sure that means it's popular.

No, it's not popular enough. In that case, Joou no Hana ranks too and sells more than Taiyou no Ie. But they don't sell >100 That's usually the range when a shoujo manga gets an anime/live actions. There have been a few exceptions with manga like Piece which sold only 80k I think?

But the ones in the <70k range usually are not popular enough.

or that's how I see it.
But since Kodansha gave L-DK a movie adaptation, I hope they'll consider Taiyou no Ie...

phoenixaliaApr 17, 2013 7:59 AM
Apr 17, 2013 5:40 AM

Dec 2007
phoenixalia said:
natalieexx said:

No, it's not popular enough. In that case, Joou no Hana ranks too and sells more than Taiyou no Ie. But they don't sell <100 That's usually the range when a shoujo manga gets an anime/live actions. There have been a few exceptions with manga like Piece which sold only 80k I think?

But the ones in the >70k range usually are not popular enough.

or that's how I see it.
But since Kodansha gave L-DK a movie adaptation, I hope they'll consider Taiyou no Ie...

This probably just me being dumb, but when you say <100, that means less than 100, right? But I think you probably mean >100 (greater than 100k) that is popular. And <70 sales (less than 70k) don't usually get movie adaptations.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

On topic: There are better shoujo anime than LDK that deserves movie adaptation. Male MC in LDK is a "prince", yes, but he's one of the biggest asshole I've seen in manga. He does everything for himself, never for other people including his supposed love interest.
Apr 17, 2013 5:43 AM

Apr 2013
phoenixalia said:
Arararraragi-kun said:

if you think that all shoujo manga are like that, you've been looking in the wrong places I think.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Joou no Hana
Dengeki Daisy
From Five to Nine
Piece
Hibi Chouchou

Those five are good examples.

It's just that usually, shoujo with the 'school prince' type manga re more popular. Same way how lots of 'most beautiful girl' shonen romcoms are popular.

Lol I was joking I know some shojo manga are not like that I was just poking fun at the cliche ones.
Apr 17, 2013 6:02 AM

Oct 2011
Haven't read this yet but Watanabe Ayu's one of my favorite shoujo mangakas :3 Will definitely watch! :D
Apr 17, 2013 6:04 AM
Jun 2009
Might watch this.
Apr 17, 2013 6:07 AM

Dec 2011
Meh.
Apr 17, 2013 6:25 AM

Jun 2011
Awesome, i was planning to read this manga anyways :D
Apr 17, 2013 8:01 AM
Mar 2010
paper-dreams said:

This probably just me being dumb, but when you say <100, that means less than 100, right? But I think you probably mean >100 (greater than 100k) that is popular. And <70 sales (less than 70k) don't usually get movie adaptations.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ah, can't believe I really switched signs! I'm so sorry.
*hangs head in shame*
Apr 17, 2013 8:10 AM

Nov 2011
Been reading the manga so I might watch this tbh.
Apr 17, 2013 8:29 AM
Mar 2011
Live action would be better imo i feel like that with alot of Shojo manga cuase its based on more Real life thing Romance and love [ then again i like the Ashita no joe live action minius one casting choice]
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 17, 2013 9:04 AM

Sep 2011
Make it anime adaptation! Live action sounds lame
Apr 17, 2013 9:09 AM

Jul 2012
Ehh.. No thanks. Had enough with cliche shoujos.
Apr 17, 2013 10:27 AM

Jul 2010
Aw, why this and not Ao Haru Ride or Strobe Edge? :(

"You don't only belong to yourself, you know? There isn't anything in this world that belongs only to yourself."

Apr 17, 2013 10:36 AM

Aug 2008
KuRiZenT said:
Make it anime adaptation! Live action sounds lame

This manga IS lame.

Also, this:
letfelicityfly said:

「何度も立ち向かい続けよう 大切なもの失いたくないから 信じたそのさきへと・・・」
Apr 17, 2013 10:40 AM
Mar 2010
ihateeveryone said:

ah we meet again person from the AMNESIA anime forums. Yea, if you don't like cliche this is not the one for you. especially in the latter half of the manga...the guy becomes a serious jerk.

letfelicityfly said:

good question. I don't understand why Shueisha is not promoting their shoujo manga like Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji, Ao Haru Ride or Aozora Yell.

The only one they gave a live action/anime to is Kimi ni Todoke in recent years as far as I remember.

And they are so much better than this manga.
Apr 17, 2013 10:43 AM

Jun 2008
Nice! Then I need to continue reading this one soon~

letfelicityfly said:

It'd be awesome if something like this was planned for SE, but the chances aren't exactly high OTL I'd also watch if it was AHR, though...
Face_FaithApr 17, 2013 10:49 AM
Apr 17, 2013 11:49 AM

Apr 2012
oh my god! yes!yes!YESYESYES!
Apr 17, 2013 12:18 PM
Feb 2012
It sounds like your average shoujo story but that doesn't have to be bad necessarily. Since it's a movie, I doubt that I'll get around to watching it, though.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 17, 2013 12:20 PM

Oct 2012
I'd prefer an anime movie version. Whether it is cliché, typical etc etc.. I'll be looking forward to watching it :)
Apr 17, 2013 1:10 PM

Dec 2012
You kidding???

This is one of my most hated manga series ever! The main characters make me wanna rip my hair off!

But if it becomes a movie maybe it'll be an improvment.
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Apr 17, 2013 2:39 PM
Feb 2012
OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ASDFGHJKL
Apr 17, 2013 5:54 PM

Jan 2012
Would watch
My Twitter
My Tumblr - Anime Blogging on current airing season as I watch them.
My deviantArt - Anime FanArts.

Please leave replies on my profile page, as I am unlikely to see them otherwise. Thanks.
Apr 17, 2013 8:16 PM

Nov 2007
phoenixalia said:
ihateeveryone said:

ah we meet again person from the AMNESIA anime forums. Yea, if you don't like cliche this is not the one for you. especially in the latter half of the manga...the guy becomes a serious jerk.

letfelicityfly said:

good question. I don't understand why Shueisha is not promoting their shoujo manga like Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji, Ao Haru Ride or Aozora Yell.

They do in VOMIC and drama cd forms.

Oh, really? a jerk later?
tsubasaloverApr 17, 2013 9:47 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 17, 2013 10:19 PM
Mar 2010
tsubasalover said:

They do in VOMIC and drama cd forms.

Oh, really? a jerk later?

Well, Kodansha gives Drama CDs to their shoujo as well. But an anime would be nice from Shueisha. But I forgot about the Vomics lol. Thanks for reminding me.

And yea, he becomes a jerk later on.
Apr 17, 2013 11:08 PM

Aug 2011
Wont be watching. I don't like the manga.
I agree about Taiyou no Ie.
I like Ao Haru Ride bu the strength of this manga is the art and probably the pacing. Definitely not the story.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Apr 18, 2013 8:40 AM

Nov 2008
I started reading the manga a while back but i stop for some reason. Oh well we will se how things go from here on
Apr 18, 2013 11:08 AM
Sep 2010
letfelicityfly said:

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!
Why not Ao haru ride or Yumemiru taiyou ???????? or Hiyokoi??
Of course I like L-DK, but I still want a movie out of these as well, I just don't know why they choose to make movies out of serieses I don't like. (this time exception).
Apr 18, 2013 11:16 AM

Nov 2009
A movie? Why do they make so many borderline shoujo in to anime and then some of the better ones (well mid tier) in to just a movie ... although I could see how up until what I'll call the first arch to avoid any spoilers (regardless of how obvious it is) could work as a movie ...

But why can't they make an anime of something like Mars or Kimi wa Pet ... Or others like Koukou Debut ...
Apr 18, 2013 11:51 AM

Jun 2010
There are better options out there. Why don't they try something with Strobe Edge? Besides that it is one of the few good school shoujo, it is also completed.
Apr 23, 2013 9:25 PM
Jan 2012
The story is so cliche...been a long time since I read it (still up to date though)...
While I can see that it's popular, why make a live action out of it...I'd rather an OVA...but I guess if that's what the Japanese people want, they can get it.

I'll still watch it, but am not jumping off walls with this piece of news...
Apr 28, 2013 7:38 PM

Jul 2012
Pfft so it's cliche and not the best? Yeah but I like Shoujo and cute art so I'm all for it.
I want an anime version tbh.

caroline_jones said:
Hiyokoi??

There's like two already.
Apr 29, 2013 8:31 AM
Sep 2012
HOLY SHIT! This was one of my fave mangas around 2 years ago YAYYYYYZOR
follow me on tumblr (i follow back, unless your some bloody yugiohentai blog lol)
http://xoxotaku.tumblr.com

Apr 29, 2013 6:26 PM

Apr 2013
Ohohohoo.. This will be intersting.. But i would watch it! c:
Jun 13, 2013 6:15 PM

Apr 2011
So Asian Wiki announced that it is in fact a Live-Action adaptation: Asian Wiki - L-DK

I've added it to the club 'Live Action Adaptations' :)

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

13 by VivavideoUser2x »»
20 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
5 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.