Forum Settings
Forums

''A jealous girlfriend is a faithful girlfriend.'' - Is this true?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 30, 2015 8:09 AM

Jun 2011
Them being jealous doesn't meant they are faithful, actually if they start suspecting you of cheating all of a sudden it might be because that's what they are up to
Jun 30, 2015 8:11 AM

Feb 2015
Depends on each person. Some people tend to has their Jealousy too damn high that later turn out to be stalker.
Jun 30, 2015 8:32 AM
Jan 2013
Depends, a former gf was bubbly and naturally flirted with guys. But she was tsundere as hell when I talked to other girls.
Jun 30, 2015 8:35 AM
Nov 2014
In my male penis powered opinion this does not make her a faithful girlfriend because if she has faith the you two loved each other than she wouldn't be jealous in the first place
The first time I had sex was like my first time riding a bike, my dad was holding me from behind
Jun 30, 2015 8:35 AM

Sep 2013
''A jealous girlfriend is a girlfriend with trust issues and terrible self confidence."
Jun 30, 2015 8:46 AM
May 2009
A girlfriend that is addicted to you, is a probably more loyal than a jealous one.
Jun 30, 2015 8:53 AM

Oct 2013
Whoa I thought Talonkarde and MellowJello were back.

It kinda depends on the individual. Some girls can be fucking all your friends and still be jealous when she sees you with another girl.
Jun 30, 2015 9:13 AM

Oct 2011
Being overly jealous not only shows insecurity but distrust. Also, it's known that cheaters are prone to not trust their partners because they aren't to be trusted themselves.

Jun 30, 2015 9:24 AM

Nov 2013
being jealous doesn't stop you from cheating. if you want to cheat, you will cheat. it doesn't matter if you've spent the last week insecure about how your loved one is eying up other girls, or if you're indifferent to it. jealousy comes out due to miscommunication and an imbalance in the relationship, cheating and jealousy aren't a single package nor are they signs of one or the other.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jun 30, 2015 9:40 AM

Aug 2014
Jealousy is a sign of insecurity. That's all. However, if you don't give two hoots about speculations that can't be overlooked, there's a problem.
Jun 30, 2015 9:50 AM
Jan 2015
Jealous girlfriends are faithful until they find their boyfriend cheating on them. Then they will either fight back for him or they'll cheat back for revenge.
Jun 30, 2015 10:03 AM

Mar 2014
This is not true sometimes they get really jealous and then cheat anyways.
Redheadphones said:
The 'Children' continue to flock around me. They see me as a guide on their path to salvation. They wish to transcend their powerless existences, to grow from mere boys and girls into men and women of worth and value.

Pick a number between 1-4 and hope to get lucky.
1 2 3 4
Jun 30, 2015 11:09 AM

May 2015
It's a sign of insecurity, not of faithfulness. If you're certain your signifacant other won't cheat on you, you wouldn't care that much if he talks to girl.

Being jealous is silly. If she's cheating on you, your jealousy has nothing to do with it and she wasn't worth it in the first place.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jun 30, 2015 11:13 AM
Feb 2014
Like there wasn't enough eternal questions for today... no.
Jun 30, 2015 11:33 AM

Jun 2015
I've cheated while being jealous at the same time. Jealousy has to do with how much ownership and entitlement you feel over others, doesn't necessarily speak to high moral standards or your own actions.
Jun 30, 2015 11:42 AM

Dec 2013
A jealous girlfriend would be insulting. Showing jealousy is showing distrust in your partner. We are hardwired to feel jealous and that is okay, just as we are hardwired to get horny if we see someone attractive even if we are already with someone. But both showing jealousy and cheating are ofc wrong.
Jun 30, 2015 12:24 PM

Nov 2013
Ellert0 said:
A jealous girlfriend would be insulting. Showing jealousy is showing distrust in your partner. We are hardwired to feel jealous and that is okay, just as we are hardwired to get horny if we see someone attractive even if we are already with someone. But both showing jealousy and cheating are ofc wrong.

Being jealous is not insulting. Nor is it necessarily synonymous with distrust. It's more your own issue than anything, your personal fears and insecurities getting the better of you. You can trust your partner but still get jealous.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jun 30, 2015 12:57 PM

Oct 2010
it depends on the person but mostly the people that are jealous are faithful and loving and i dont see why movies and shit try to make it look bad and all
lots of music -
Jun 30, 2015 1:12 PM

May 2013
Even if that was true, jealousy would still put a strain on the relationship.
Jun 30, 2015 1:13 PM
Mar 2013
TookMe6Years said:
As a male. Where do we fit in this situation?

wow, such a flawlessly representative post. "as a male , what about me!!? uwu"

and as for the question:
the quote is bullshit. it equates affection and possesiveness and implies that women are either in love/obssessed over their partner or someone else. like this shit is really not that important.

generally i feel like all discussions about jealousy are way too moral. is it indicative of/necessary for a good relationship? nah. is it indicative of a shitty relationship/gf? no. jealousy is based on fear of losing your partner ( at least in non-men), you really can't help it, it's not a decision and if you're not a bad partner yourself you should be understanding.
Jun 30, 2015 1:19 PM

Jun 2015
incisorr said:
it depends on the person but mostly the people that are jealous are faithful and loving and i dont see why movies and shit try to make it look bad and all
don't you think there are degrees of jealousy? It's something that can be taken way too far.
Jun 30, 2015 1:55 PM

Mar 2015
WingsOfValor said:
Even if that was true, jealousy would still put a strain on the relationship.

Really depends on the level of it. Being jealous that your girl/boy is spending time with other people for a while is fine, so long as it's just a small amount and it doesn't bring any sort of trust issues. I think all humans are jealous about something. It just depends on how much we let that jealousy influence our actions and thoughts.
Jun 30, 2015 1:58 PM

Dec 2013
Vexper said:
Ellert0 said:

Being jealous is not insulting. Nor is it necessarily synonymous with distrust. It's more your own issue than anything, your personal fears and insecurities getting the better of you. You can trust your partner but still get jealous.

Get jealous yes but not show it. I'd never fault anyone for their thoughts, only their actions.
Jun 30, 2015 6:19 PM

Jun 2014
Nope. She could just be offended that the worm she graces with her presence ( you ) wants for other company then her own. Easy to confuse with jealousy.
Jun 30, 2015 6:30 PM

Aug 2013
Depends on the level of jealousy.
Jun 30, 2015 6:38 PM
Jul 2018
Its bs because the woman could cheat in order to make the guy jealous therefore making her unfaithful
Jul 1, 2015 1:38 AM

Jan 2014
A jealous girlfriend is likely to be a faithful girlfriend.

However, a girlfriend who isn't jealous does not imply that she is unfaithful. She might just trust her boyfriend a lot.
The writer who penned Clashing Feelings. You can buy the light novel on Amazon.
Jul 1, 2015 1:46 AM

Jun 2014
do you know how hard it is to get a boyfriend in this day and age?
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jul 1, 2015 3:54 AM

Nov 2012
If girlfriend is NOT jealous it's a red flag. She did not care i think.
Jul 1, 2015 4:11 AM
Feb 2014
Welcome back Jenny?

Oh wait its a shitty gravedigger instead.
Jul 1, 2015 4:59 AM

Apr 2013
Vexper said:
Ellert0 said:

This lmfao. If anything I don't trust people who say they don't get jealous because they're most probably lying. Everyone gets jealous. The extent of jealousy is what distinguishes normal people from lunatics.
Jul 1, 2015 5:45 AM

Oct 2012
A jealous girlfriend isn't necessarily a faithful girlfriend. Some jealous girls are faithful, and some are not. Most people don't actually know if they would be faithful in all situations, they just know they want their partner to be faithful to them, and then they assume that they won't do anything bad themselves. They think 'I know won't cheat, but how can I know what my partner will do?'. They don't actually know anything.
And even if a girl does cheat on you, she can still get jealous when she thinks you'll do the same. They might justify it to themselves with 'It was just once/ It was just a kiss/ I'm not going to leave my partner... but how can I know what my partner will do?', or they might just not acknowledge they've done anything wrong at all, happily neglecting a double standard.
Even if a girl leaves you, she can still get jealous of the girls in your life. A lot of people are just prone to jealousy. A number of these people act on emotions rather than thinking. Most of these people won't sit down and then meditate on their feelings and try to change them.

~ join the MAL suicide pact! ~ ~ ★☭★ ~ ~ embrace nuclear annihilation! ~
Jul 1, 2015 10:28 AM
Jul 2015
Chances are that when someone is hating on you, it’s not about you at all. It’s about them. It’s their fear, their jealously, their boredom, and their insecurity. checkout more Jealosy Quotes have a nice day to you all.
Jul 1, 2015 10:43 AM
Chu2byo

Apr 2013
TookMe6Years said:
As a male. Where do we fit in this situation?
Jul 1, 2015 10:56 AM

Jan 2015
I had a really attractive girlfriend who I couldn't keep my hands off of but she became way to jealous and overbearing. It got to the point where I needed my space and then things just fell apart.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2015 11:10 AM

Apr 2015
A jealous girlfriend is one you have to send to hell.
Jul 2, 2015 6:05 PM

Jan 2014
BryanBossling said:

"A jealous girlfriend is a faithful girlfriend. If she doesn’t get jealous when someone has your attention, it’s because someone else has hers."

Not necessary true. I met girls who get jealous when their "official" boyfriends talk to other girls even as they (the girls I met) screw other guys.

You have to understand. Some people can be hypocrite. Women are particularly good at self-justification (i.e. lying to themselves). One girl actually told us (her colleagues) that when a girl likes a guy, that's pure but when a guy likes a girl, that's usually dirty. Therefore, she's allowed to see other men but she would stop her boyfriend from seeing other women. Her kind of love is "pure", remember?
Jul 2, 2015 6:30 PM

Dec 2014
A "well-f**cked" girlfriend is a faithful girlfriend.
Jul 2, 2015 11:07 PM
Apr 2010
Insecure, or she might just be accusing you all the time so that she feels less guilty for cheating on you.
Jul 2, 2015 11:34 PM

May 2015
It depends upto some point,she might be obsessed with you
Jul 2, 2015 11:40 PM

Mar 2011
I think it really depends on the person, and that that quote doesn't have to be specific to one demographic. Some people are jealous because they are really that faithful, but most of the time, jealousy is a form of insecurity with oneself as well as with other people. It ties into fear and envy essentially.
Jul 3, 2015 9:36 AM

May 2014
Hell no. A jealous girlfriend is a girl who can't find the confidence within herself to feel secure about her life and her relationships.
Jul 3, 2015 9:52 AM

Aug 2011
Bullshit. That's only gonna lead to constant issues with trust. Some minor jealousy is ok, it's really up to the people involved, but if my very faithful partner would be 24/7 on my back, texting and calling me every few minutes about my whereabouts when I run late from work, obsessively trying to control my every contact with other people as much as possible, that relationship wouldn't last very long.
Also, while I may be faithful, that jealous gf may just be fucking someone else behind my back with no remorse.
shiroyumeJul 3, 2015 9:56 AM
死ねカス国に帰れ
Jul 3, 2015 10:57 AM
Jul 2018
I would be jealous if my boyfriend fucked another girl, hence I don't do it myself. So yeah, sure, jealousy keeps me in check.

I'm not suspicious however.
Mar 21, 2016 2:25 AM
Jun 2015
I think girlfriend who has little jealous is good. Even my girlfriend is jealous, but she never thinks that I will betray her. Even though, sometimes I tease her by saying about other girls. OMG ! then she becomes jealous and she looks way too cute than ever..
Mar 21, 2016 4:49 AM

May 2015
...And by the same logic, rape just means love, right?
Mar 21, 2016 3:42 PM

Apr 2009
nooooooooooo

i know too many creepy, jealous, and controlling people who do cheat themselves

jealousy is normal to some extent. but if it gets more intense then it's not about loving you, it's about wanting to control you.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Mar 21, 2016 4:31 PM

Nov 2009
People who cheat are more likely to suspect that their partners are cheating on them, in general they overestimate how many people actually cheat. So . . .

(this is true for both men and women, if I have time and remember I can link the study)
Pirating_NinjaMar 21, 2016 4:34 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - Apr 24

21 by Taiyaa »»
52 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - 6 hours ago

10 by BitChilly »»
56 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

9 by tsukareru »»
2 hours ago

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

39 by ProGoddess »»
3 hours ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

25 by KitsuFrost »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.