Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 6, 2013 9:51 PM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Second part of the crossover.

EPIC teamwork, especially the last one. Regardless of the plot being simplistic as it is, I still enjoyed the episode. Great fanservice for shounen fans like me :D

BTW, I finally got why Sanji and Sani always argue against each other -_-
BigbuffoonApr 6, 2013 10:58 PM
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Apr 6, 2013 10:12 PM

Nov 2010
I liked the second part better than the first. The last fight was pretty cool, didn't really get to see Komatsu and Sanji cooking, and that whole Zoro, Vegeta, and Zebra thing wasn't that cool.
Apr 7, 2013 2:43 AM

Apr 2012
Both of the subs I visit have not released yet, is it being done on another name or just OP 590?
Apr 7, 2013 3:55 AM

Sep 2012
shit just went real
5/5
DAMN SICK BEAST EPIC EPISODE
Good to see Goku in the OP world but not toriko XD didnt like him never will

hopefully this was to delay the new opening for the PH arc i cant wait for next week as shits about to go down pretty soon and hopefuly *fingers crossed* a new opening.
Apr 7, 2013 7:55 AM

Nov 2010
Fluxje said:
Both of the subs I visit have not released yet, is it being done on another name or just OP 590?
I think it should be OP 590, but it is also considered the OP, DBZ, and Toriko crossover.

AashFenton said:
hopefully this was to delay the new opening for the PH arc i cant wait for next week as shits about to go down pretty soon and hopefuly *fingers crossed* a new opening.
This thread says next week we get a new opening.
Apr 7, 2013 4:16 PM

Oct 2012
That was cool, but was also weak, for those who know Dragon Ball also know that Goku could go to the center of the island with only one jump and push Luffy and Toriko away from the battle arena only with his KI, if not so, he could do that easily anyway.

Second part Goku could notice the KI of those who were being draw by that monster and then go there to defeat the monster. Vegeta could also beat Zoro and that other guy easy easy without any problem.

I did like some parts since I'm a big fan of One Piece and Dragon Ball, but they weakened Dragon Ball characters a lot to fit in this episode and then it created flaws. 2,5/5
Apr 7, 2013 6:02 PM

Jul 2011
Wow the fights animation was superb!
Apr 7, 2013 6:37 PM

Nov 2010
felipekorbes said:
That was cool, but was also weak, for those who know Dragon Ball also know that Goku could go to the center of the island with only one jump and push Luffy and Toriko away from the battle arena only with his KI, if not so, he could do that easily anyway.

Second part Goku could notice the KI of those who were being draw by that monster and then go there to defeat the monster. Vegeta could also beat Zoro and that other guy easy easy without any problem.

I did like some parts since I'm a big fan of One Piece and Dragon Ball, but they weakened Dragon Ball characters a lot to fit in this episode and then it created flaws. 2,5/5
They had to, it wouldn't have been fun to watch DBZ characters just own people.
Apr 7, 2013 9:18 PM
Apr 2011
FUNIMATION WHY U NO SUB WHEN U OWN ALL PROPERTIES!?
Apr 7, 2013 9:32 PM

Jul 2007
felipekorbes said:

Are you crazy? They did that for a reason, so every one of the shonen characters would get the spot light. I can't believe you think this episode has flaws just because goku didn't over power anyone or blow up the planet.

This epic, seeing all of my favorite shonen heroes in one battle. The comedy and interaction between many of the characters was great to, this is something i been wanting to see my whole life and finally get that chance.

Apr 7, 2013 10:18 PM

Sep 2008
epic crossover is epic, the funny part is that if toriko appears, is always about food
and what i was waiting for didn't happened, toriko vs luffy vs goku in a food eating battle!!, its a shame, but with toriko there, they even use forks....what a shame, so anti jump
felipekorbes said:

haha, dude, just enjoy it, sure a real kamehame-ha should end this, but it wouldn't be as fun, hell, even majin-bu could defeat luffy and toriko XD

still, 5/5 for me
you can argue wathever, but still epic crossover =D
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 8, 2013 6:44 AM

Jul 2011
felipekorbes said:

I was sure to find a comment as your sooner or later. As everyone already have said, it was a crossover/filler. Doesn't make any sense to use logic in everything here.
Apr 8, 2013 10:23 AM

Mar 2012
felipekorbes said:

Luffy's rubber is immune to KI, and all other powers, One Piece's verse is more powerful here.
End Zionazism
Apr 8, 2013 1:04 PM

Aug 2012
Mikasa said:
felipekorbes said:

Luffy's rubber is immune to KI, and all other powers, One Piece's verse is more powerful here.

Not to mention that Ace or any elemental logia type is invulnerable to any of DBZ's attacks, as you need haki, sea or kairouseki to kill them, which the only obtainable way to DBZ verse is the sea.
Apr 9, 2013 2:26 AM

Apr 2010
Was fun to see them together ^.^
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Apr 9, 2013 7:40 AM

Jan 2010
felipekorbes said:

I'll actually have to agree here, crossovers are all well and good, but the fact remains that Goku wasn't even using a fraction of his potential. Disregarding the fact that by this point he was SS3, he could have just warped around trolling the entire time.

Still, it was interesting enough, just wish they gave Zoro/Vegeta/Zebra more time.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Apr 9, 2013 11:16 AM
Nov 2009
p2 is still not subbed yet o.o

But p1 was hilarious. When Goku went SSJ and did the kamehameha I seriously thought that Luffy and Toriko would die lol. Goku at standard form is already overkill for them xD
Apr 9, 2013 11:37 AM
Nov 2009
hahaha people that are getting mad of this episode because it made DBZ have "flaws"

lol are you forgetting the fact that DBZ is one of the most inconsistent series when it comes to their powers lmao.
Apr 9, 2013 1:29 PM

Aug 2012
miksteyp said:
hahaha people that are getting mad of this episode because it made DBZ have "flaws"

lol are you forgetting the fact that DBZ is one of the most inconsistent series when it comes to their powers lmao.

Yes, it's like Goku can Genkidama to death an planet but can't kill Freeza with Genkidama.
Apr 10, 2013 7:58 AM
Apr 2011
I CALL HACKS! THE DBZ FIGHTERS WERE NERFED.
Apr 10, 2013 9:28 AM

Mar 2011
It does kind of bother me seeing how inaccurate this was, knowing Goku would own everyone if it were . However that wasn't the point and would ruin the story.

So for what it was, a fun adventure with shounen characters, it was cool. Nice seeing the interaction between the characters. I have never got into Toriko, and the whole food plot put me off a bit though. I would like to see this set up in either the One Piece world, or the DBZ one rather than Toriko.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Apr 10, 2013 9:51 AM

Nov 2010
TehWhiteTiger said:
It does kind of bother me seeing how inaccurate this was, knowing Goku would own everyone if it were . However that wasn't the point and would ruin the story.

So for what it was, a fun adventure with shounen characters, it was cool. Nice seeing the interaction between the characters. I have never got into Toriko, and the whole food plot put me off a bit though. I would like to see this set up in either the One Piece world, or the DBZ one rather than Toriko.
Well all three mains are big eaters, and it's Toriko that's the food anime with ridiculous sized and fantasy like food. It makes sense that they would use it.
Apr 10, 2013 1:53 PM

Dec 2009
Why was the entry deleated off the site? Does it count as OP ep 590?
Apr 10, 2013 1:55 PM

Nov 2010
J_B said:
Why was the entry deleated off the site? Does it count as OP ep 590?
Exactly, the first part of the special was Toriko episode 99 and the second One Piece episode 590.
Apr 10, 2013 4:47 PM
Jul 2018
This crossover was awesome!
Apr 10, 2013 10:52 PM

Nov 2009
omg that genkidama took less than 20 seconds. i think thats 1/100000000000 of the time it usually takes.....................................................>.>

it was alright i guess. would've preferred if it was just dbz and one piece.

wouldve preferred it if goku just blew everyone the fuck up but we can't all get our way.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2013 2:32 AM

Mar 2012
It was unforgettable to see One Piece and Dragon Ball characters all together. However, I don't give a f*ck for that Toriko team, and I will never will. I wish their existence didn't ruin the perfectness of this epic cross over.
Apr 11, 2013 8:37 AM

Sep 2011
This was meh. Why are all these cross-overs done in Toriko's world. This would have been much better had it been set in the One Piece/Dragon Ball universe. Best parts where the banquet and the race in the first half of the episode. So nice to see all the old Dragon Ball characters again, would have been awesome If they had more of the focus but I guess its fine for a 3 way cross over.

3/5 would have been a 4/5 had there been much less Toriko and more One Piece/Dragon Ball. Really getting tired of Toei constantly pushing Toriko as the next big thing.
Apr 11, 2013 11:16 AM

Mar 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
TehWhiteTiger said:

Well all three mains are big eaters, and it's Toriko that's the food anime with ridiculous sized and fantasy like food. It makes sense that they would use it.

True, just a whole story about eating is a bit much for me. Although this is suppose to be a silly special anyway xD.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Apr 11, 2013 1:26 PM

Dec 2011
Okay... I am pretty sure I am not the only one who raised his arms when Goku did the Genki Dama! Ahahaha. The DBZ characters are so weakened in this... the only thing that annoys me is the horrible voicing for the DBZ characters.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2013 8:45 PM

Jun 2007
I enjoyed it, but as they did with the previous "colabo-special", they used Toriko's setting. The whole "let's captures this animal because it's a delicious ingredient" seems stupid to me. I'd prefer some random bad guy over that.
Apr 11, 2013 10:06 PM

Dec 2012
This was EPIC. I missed Goku :)
Apr 11, 2013 10:08 PM

Dec 2012
edwarx said:
I enjoyed it, but as they did with the previous "colabo-special", they used Toriko's setting. The whole "let's captures this animal because it's a delicious ingredient" seems stupid to me. I'd prefer some random bad guy over that.

a random bad guy would have been simple to beat, but this creature had unusual abilities and it was hard to beat that's why
Apr 11, 2013 10:13 PM

Nov 2010
Albi-kun said:
edwarx said:

a random bad guy would have been simple to beat, but this creature had unusual abilities and it was hard to beat that's why
Yes, I mean they would have to have made the bad guy stronger than all three of them. Which is just ridiculous.
Having an animal with that sort of power was easier to put in the story, all it had to do was incapacitate all the other fighters with poison, so the mains could fight.

And they used Toriko's setting probably partly because of that reason. But it is also the most fantasy like and is a paradise for those three characters. After all, the crossover was supposed to be fun, not taken seriously with powerlevels and plot.
Apr 12, 2013 12:29 PM

Jul 2011
I dont want to hate so Im gonna keep it short. Its not like I didnt enjoy it, but this was quite dar for a good collab. DBZ just had to appear and of course Goku was ridiculously strong as usual, which still pisses me of. I got kinda irritaded from his "incredible power". On top of everything A FISH was strong enough to almost beat all 3 of them... Seriously.
3/5 Max, but this was really a disappointment for me.
Apr 12, 2013 2:00 PM

Aug 2012
Wolf48 said:
I dont want to hate so Im gonna keep it short. Its not like I didnt enjoy it, but this was quite dar for a good collab. DBZ just had to appear and of course Goku was ridiculously strong as usual, which still pisses me of. I got kinda irritaded from his "incredible power". On top of everything A FISH was strong enough to almost beat all 3 of them... Seriously.
3/5 Max, but this was really a disappointment for me.

Some people has no brain enough to watch anime. So you wanted Goku to kamehameha the fish to death? And you didn't payed attention tot he anime, but the fish absorbed all the strenght of tons of characters.
Apr 13, 2013 11:48 PM

Feb 2012
Alright I have a couple questions regarding all the OP x Toriko (x DBZ) crossovers episodes. Hopefully someone can provide me with some answers.

There's a total of 6 episodes if I counted correctly, 3 for Toriko and 3 for One Piece right? Episode 1 of Toriko goes together with Episode 492 of One Piece, Episode 51 of Toriko goes together with Episode 542 of One Piece, and Episode 99 of Toriko goes together with Episode 590 of One Piece.

How much of the One Piece story (post time-skip) would be spoiled for me If I decided to watch them now (currently I'm in the mid 200's for OP). I more or less have an idea of all the major events that happen up to the start of the time-skip since that's where the story of OP Pirate Warriors game ends.

Does anything major happen between episodes 51 and episode 99 of Toriko that are mentioned/referenced in the latest crossover? e.g. new characters, new powers, etc.
Apr 14, 2013 8:10 AM

Sep 2010
It's been a long time since I watched DBZ, still haven't watched Toriko, will in the future.

Kamehame is Overpowered, that is a note that I took from watching this episode. When I watched it, I felt like, Luffy and Toriko are strong but when compared to awesomest of Kamehame, they are way behind :).
Apr 14, 2013 12:00 PM

Jun 2007
VictorVonDoom said:
Alright I have a couple questions regarding all the OP x Toriko (x DBZ) crossovers episodes. Hopefully someone can provide me with some answers.

How much of the One Piece story (post time-skip) would be spoiled for me If I decided to watch them now (currently I'm in the mid 200's for OP). I more or less have an idea of all the major events that happen up to the start of the time-skip since that's where the story of OP Pirate Warriors game ends.

If you played OP:Pirate Warriors, character design (New World design) and some of Luffy's techniques.

From Toriko, I don't know.
Apr 16, 2013 12:18 AM

Aug 2011
AhmedHan said:
It was unforgettable to see One Piece and Dragon Ball characters all together. However, I don't give a f*ck for that Toriko team, and I will never will. I wish their existence didn't ruin the perfectness of this epic cross over.

Actually it is second part of TORIKO SPECIAL that just used One Piece's air time.

About this ep, i liked it.
Sorry for my bad English.
Apr 18, 2013 1:05 PM
Dec 2012
i really liked that episode it was really funny:
the part when zoro got lost, the part when goku talked to kaio telepathically and luffy and toriko got confused and when goku returned to the race and said he just went off to save earth and the part where hercule won were all hillarious
May 26, 2013 2:19 PM

Apr 2011
Cross over didn't do justice for the fans, but I did love the part where Goku speed blitz Luffy in his 2nd gear Jet Pistol attack, which is known for its SPEED XD
Jun 4, 2013 2:37 PM

Jul 2009
This crossover was actually awesome, all of the characters fit together well. It made me so nostalgic for DBZ (I still can't believe they used a female seiyuu for Goku's adult voice though, one of the rare times I prefer the English dub) and I'm interested in watching Toriko now.

P.S. Mr. Satan is amazing
Jun 4, 2013 8:48 PM

Nov 2010
Jordan_X said:
IntroverTurtle said:
felipekorbes said:

They had to, it wouldn't have been fun to watch DBZ characters just own people.

Well when it comes to Goku vs. a freakin food hunter, its kinda hard for him not to.
Well don't underestmate a food hunter. And it's still possible for the Toriko universe's power level to surpass Dragonball Z's, I can totally see Toriko eating planets.
Jun 22, 2013 5:40 AM

May 2010
It was more like a showcase of moves! haha Felt that Goku overpowered Luffy and Toriko
Jul 12, 2013 10:45 PM

Apr 2013
Never watched DBZ with subs as a kid and never got to it lol, so the japanese VA for Goku puts me off a bit. o: actually by a lot LOL but awesome episode c:
Jul 23, 2013 4:33 PM
Jan 2013
I was gunna skip this episode, but once i saw goku i watched it lol :3

Goku's subbed voice irks me D: i think it's because I grew up listening to the dubbed one. ANYHOW the episode was pretty cool~ I liked how we saw a bit of everyone and it was funny to see everyone interact :D
Dec 14, 2013 3:13 PM

Mar 2010
I liked seeing Robin tell Franky to not speak like that in choppers body.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 14, 2014 8:00 AM

May 2012
You split up the Pirate Alliance Arc for this?! That was my first impression.

As the episode went on it got mildly better. However I couldn't help thinking it could have ended fifteen minutes in with the race being a tie and everyone getting a happy ending and eating the meat - I seem to remember Toriko yelling that rather enthusiastically, hm that's something to ponder. Heh.

Now then, onto the Luffy-Toriko-Goku battle, I really do think there should have been an obvious winner and although I am biased towards One Piece, I don't think it should have been Luffy. First off, Toriko hasn't been around that long and his moves haven't changed, it's still knife-fork-triple punch, so he should have been tossed out way earlier. Luffy has his Haki so I definitely think that could have worked in his favour multiple times in this ep, but even though I have never seen an episode of Dragon Ball Z, I do believe that with all of Goku's powers he could have beaten Luffy. If I started the series maybe I'd change my mind about Goku being the stronger of the three.

I guess these specials are to encourage you to watch the other shows, Toriko encouraged me to begin watching One Piece - completely dropping Toriko - and this special may have encouraged me to watch Dragon Ball Z but I can't say I'm in any hurry.

Basically, I got through this episode but I wouldn't watch it again, I'm not fond of specials where they jam everyone into the same world when they clearly don't belong. Plus considerably weakening the characters so they can all work together.
May 6, 2014 9:37 PM

Jun 2012
Meh, was alright I guess... but I only forced myself to watch it because I'd feel like a cheater otherwise.

New opening time... can't wait! I am disappoint.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaizokuou - Nov 20, 2009

72 by TheStarscream759 »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1119 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Sep 14

56 by MasterK »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1118 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Sep 7

64 by MasterK »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 405 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hayato_kun - Jun 13, 2009

181 by KoniginElle »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1008 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Jan 29, 2022

90 by Cuntover »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.