Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2013 7:39 PM

Nov 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
and Biscuit knocks out the guy with one punch in her true form.
I wouldn't want to mess with that all

We're getting closer to CA....

For those who liked killuas fight song here you go
RX-782Mar 30, 2013 11:25 PM
Mar 30, 2013 8:10 PM

Feb 2012
I assume we're going to skip a week on the 14th since episode 75 is due to air on the 21st -_- Only 1 ep left for Greed Island arc ^_^
Mar 30, 2013 8:17 PM

Feb 2012
smilewolfy said:
I assume we're going to skip a week on the 14th since episode 75 is due to air on the 21st -_- Only 1 ep left for Greed Island arc ^_^

Why do you think episode 75 will air on April 21st?

I think there are still 2 episodes left of Greed Island, 74 and 75.

And CA arc will start on April 21st, episode 76.
BennyDelonMar 30, 2013 8:34 PM
Mar 30, 2013 8:23 PM

Feb 2012
^Oh cool. Sorry I just remember hearing someone say that episode 75 was the beginning of Chimera arc and it would air on April 21st ¬_¬ guess it's episode 76, my bad ( ˘ ³˘)
Mar 30, 2013 8:53 PM

Jun 2012
Madhouse Sakuga animation ftw... God episodes like these and the dodgeball game remind me why they are one of the few animation studios who could do this adaptation justice or a long running show justice for the matter

The Bombers may be a little generic but that doesn't make them less intimidating. They're pretty intelligent and their skill over Nen isn't to be trifled with. Can't wait to see anime only viewers reaction to Bisky. Killua being boss as usual XD

Another thing I like this series emphasizes is even though Gon and Killua are prodigies and have incredible raw strength like so many other Shonen heroes, that does not make up fully for lack of experience. What Genthru said about Gon will be key in later stories in how he has a good Ren but hasn't mastered control of his aura to his fullest.

Hell yeah to The Emperor's Time and Killua's Character song making a return
HybridMBLMar 30, 2013 9:25 PM
Mar 30, 2013 9:00 PM

Feb 2009
Great episode. This is an epic climactic battle for the greed island arc.
The soundtrack pieces for this episode were also amazing.
Can't wait for next week.
Mar 30, 2013 9:04 PM

Dec 2012
Bisky is a JoJo character lol
GosuDRMJan 14, 2023 5:24 AM

Mar 30, 2013 9:15 PM
Oct 2008
Fan-fucking-tastic episode one after another eagerly await next episode

... Jesus when is Togashi resuming the manga he said he didn't want this to catch up... but I think its too late for that though CA is long whos to say we wont get 10 chaps. and then another year of hiatus.
Mar 30, 2013 9:16 PM

Nov 2011
Biscuit vs Uvogin in arm wrestling? :D
Mar 30, 2013 9:39 PM

Aug 2012
So Bisky is a HUGE man beast, was not expecting that. Nice episode, loved Killua's yo-yo's they're pretty cool can't wait for more

Mar 30, 2013 9:39 PM

Apr 2012
I've been waiting so long for this confrontation. Killua's Experiments and Bisky's true form were pretty awesome. I can't believe they left the episode on a cliffhanger. It's going to be hard to wait a week for this.

Gon decides not to fight according to their plan, and instead fights Gethru head on... Typical Gon
Mar 30, 2013 9:47 PM
Feb 2012
Three dope fights in one episode. This is why I love this series.

Animation was great. I say for an episode that's mostly fighting
this is the best as far. I think Hisoka vs Gon is a little bit better
but that was just five minutes of pure gold while this is like half the episode of pure win. (Of course the other half is good too. Poor Battera.)

Butt great animation aside...DAT ARTWORK.
Genthru looked intense in this episode.

Can't wait for next week!

...As usual ;)
Mar 30, 2013 9:53 PM

Oct 2011
The animation was simply amazing... so much feels during Bisky's and Killua's fights.

Nice to see Killua's yo-yos come in too.
Mar 30, 2013 9:56 PM

Feb 2012
mrsticky005 said:
Animation was great. I say for an episode that's mostly fighting
this is the best as far. I think Hisoka vs Gon is a little bit better
but that was just five minutes of pure gold while this is like half the episode of pure win. (Of course the other half is good too. Poor Battera.)

What about Kurapika vs Uvogin? That was one full episode of pure gold.
Mar 30, 2013 10:04 PM

Jan 2011
Not thrilled with the super macho Bisky would of preferred her true form to be not so MAN!!!!! but oh well.

Good fights and awesome animation abound. So bad ass.
Mar 30, 2013 10:19 PM

May 2011
I'm a little amazed Gon didn't give them all away earlier on considering some of his earlier reaction to things. But of course, he did do something crazy in trying to get Genthru to use his ability. xD Of course the other fights were great as well. You know my favorite has got to be Killua trying out all sorts of things.
Mar 30, 2013 10:21 PM
Feb 2012
Salce said:

What about Kurapika vs Uvogin? That was one full episode of pure gold.

Indeed that was a great episode too but I say this one is better.
To be fair I like these Bomb Devil fights better than Kurapika vs Uvogin
because the former are actual fights and not a one sided murder.

Now of course Killua and Biscuit completely owned their opponents
but the key difference is that Sub and Bara were able to legitimately
fight back and could, had they been clever or strong enough, have won.

Uvogin stood no chance because he was pretty much caught
in the metaphorical web from the get go. Kurapika was only
toying with him to get to spill the information on the other spiders.

Not that makes Kurapika vs Uvogin "bad" in any way.
I mean it's certainly awesome. It's just a matter of preference I suppose.

At the same time I thought the quality of this episode was
better than Kurapika vs Uvogin which isn't to put Kurapika
vs Uvogin down but rather just to say I really liked this episode.
Mar 30, 2013 10:36 PM

Jan 2009
action packed episode its been a while since we saw so many sakuga battle scenes on one episode
Mar 30, 2013 10:56 PM
Feb 2012
j0x said:
action packed episode its been a while since we saw so many sakuga battle scenes on one episode

True. It kinda reminds me of Heavens Arena with Gon and Killua vs Gido and Riehvelt
but on a grander scale and with more formidable opponents this time and Biscuit too!

Though I think part of the reason the battles are so good in HxH is that
the big fights are spaced out so that it gives them time to work on them.

Plus they probably got a pretty good budget.
Mar 30, 2013 11:03 PM

Jan 2009
mrsticky005 said:

if only Fairy Tail anime has the budget of Hunter X Hunter we will see a lot of sakuga battle scenes lol but they will not have enough time to animate a lot of sakuga scenes though like you are implying

since you are a manga reader does the Chimera Ant arc will have more battles or just the usual rare one episode full of battle scenes like we are getting now and in the past?
degMar 30, 2013 11:08 PM
Mar 30, 2013 11:08 PM

Aug 2010
Killua and Biksa kicked ass this episode. I'm looking forward to see how Gon will beat the Bomber. The episode had great action.

5/5
Mar 30, 2013 11:13 PM

Apr 2012
j0x said:

since you are a manga reader does the Chimera Ant arc will have more battles or just the usual rare one episode full of battle scenes like we are getting now and in the past?

There are battles spaced out somewhat evenly throughout the arc. I'm sure you will enjoy it :)
Mar 30, 2013 11:16 PM

Mar 2007
I don't know, it was kinda meh? Hope next week will be better.
Mar 30, 2013 11:20 PM

Sep 2012
Great episode. Bisky is OP and liked seeing how Killua incorporated Rhythm Echo, electricity, yo-yos and psychology into his fight. Gons was basically a one-sided massacre but looking forward to next week when we see him kick Genthru's ass
Mar 30, 2013 11:22 PM

Nov 2012
For those who liked killuas fight song here you go
I'll also put this on my first post.
Mar 30, 2013 11:54 PM
Feb 2012
j0x said:
mrsticky005 said:

if only Fairy Tail anime has the budget of Hunter X Hunter we will see a lot of sakuga battle scenes lol but they will not have enough time to animate a lot of sakuga scenes though like you are implying

Though isn't Fairy Tail have a fairly good budget?
I don't watch it so I wouldn't know but I thought it had a decent budget.

Chimera Ant arc is definitely the most battle packed.
However a lot of them are more short skirmishes.

But battles in HxH naturally tend to be short.
Mar 30, 2013 11:54 PM

Jan 2009
FrostToaster said:
j0x said:

There are battles spaced out somewhat evenly throughout the arc. I'm sure you will enjoy it :)

nice to know!!!

@mrsticky005 ok i got it
degMar 31, 2013 12:02 AM
Mar 31, 2013 12:05 AM

May 2011
Chimera Ants is the most battle-centric arc in the entire series.
Mar 31, 2013 12:08 AM

Jan 2011
episode was godlike looking forward to the next arc hope it has a lot of blood shed.
Mar 31, 2013 12:10 AM
Aug 2011
That Bisky.

Hybridbloodszak said:
Madhouse Sakuga animation ftw... God episodes like these and the dodgeball game remind me why they are one of the few animation studios who could do this adaptation justice or a long running show justice for the matter

They really do make watching a long running shounen an enjoyable experience.
Mar 31, 2013 12:53 AM

Sep 2012
The fight scenes in this one were wonderfully animated, the perspectives and angles were interesting even.
Mar 31, 2013 12:57 AM

Oct 2012
Killua's the shit. Cool and collected, and strategic. Don't like Gon's idealism. Oh well.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 31, 2013 1:38 AM
Aug 2011
I want to touch Biscuits biceps and her extremely hard breasts.
.....Vomit galore.

This episode was great, Killua's new weapons are great, though, I wonder what would happen if he screwed up and hit himself.

And I guess the KEIKAKU DOORI was 10/10
Mar 31, 2013 2:50 AM

Apr 2009
mrsticky005 said:
Can't wait for next week!

...As usual ;)

Indeed, as always :P

Mar 31, 2013 3:37 AM

Feb 2008
leokiko said:
Chimera Ants is the most battle-centric arc in the entire series.

Yeah, but IIRC, the battles are actually really short.

As for this episode, it was freaking awesome as always! ;)
Mar 31, 2013 4:08 AM

Mar 2010
It's weird for me. Why the weakest member of Gon team (Which happen to be Gon himself...) has to fight with the strongest of bombers, when a lot stronger ones (Bisky and Killua) confront the sidekicks? Their plan has no sense for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2013 4:11 AM

May 2012
Best episode of this story arc thus far! Killua is just too beastly, and Biscuit is just literally a beast! XD Can't wait to see the rest of the fight between Gon and the Bomber next week!
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Mar 31, 2013 4:35 AM

Dec 2009
All according to keikaku.

This episode was glorious. One of the best episode.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 31, 2013 5:10 AM

Feb 2010
This episode is of the few times i feel it had a good use of the OST.
Mar 31, 2013 5:36 AM

May 2010
holy shit bisky! very good episode with really fun fights. 5/5
Mar 31, 2013 6:06 AM

Sep 2008
Orzi said:
It's weird for me. Why the weakest member of Gon team (Which happen to be Gon himself...) has to fight with the strongest of bombers, when a lot stronger ones (Bisky and Killua) confront the sidekicks? Their plan has no sense for me.

just Gon being Gon, he told them some episodes ago that he wanted to beat that dude up and they won't be talking him out of it even if they try.
Mar 31, 2013 6:39 AM

Feb 2012
Mephz said:
Orzi said:

just Gon being Gon, he told them some episodes ago that he wanted to beat that dude up and they won't be talking him out of it even if they try.

Plus, they had a plan, so it's not like they were expecting him to beat Genthru by strenght.

If Gon would have followed the plan he could have got an easy win like the others, with little damage. But he is stubborn, and he wants to make Genthru use Little Flower.
Mar 31, 2013 7:15 AM

Jun 2010
I love the battles! Madhouse!
Mar 31, 2013 7:16 AM
Mar 2013
Mephz said:
Orzi said:

The reason is Gon is the one who hold card number2 and75 and its main targets for Genthru group.
This is why Genthru said in this episode, he take the black hair kid and Sub Bara take the other 2.
So Genthru is the one who aimimg for Gon, not Gon team
Mar 31, 2013 7:26 AM
May 2012
Orzi said:

I admit being confused by this too at the begining, and I didn't like it because it's a big shonen cliché ( the main character ends up fighting the strongest vilain and everything).
But then I remembered that HxH isn't youre generic shonen and I started thinking about it.

First, it was Genthuru who decided that he would take on Gon, the guy with the black hair would go against Bisky and the red haired guy against Killua.
But then, why did Genthuru choose this distribution ?

From his point of view, it was clear that Gon was the leader of Gon's groupe, he was the one who had the important cards (if you want something to be done right do it yourself). Plus Gon was the one who challenged him, not Killua or Bisky.

Now, form Gon's groupe's point of view. How did they know that Genthuru would choose this distribution ?

First they made it obvious that Gon was the leader:
- He was the one who challenged Genthuru.
- It was Gon who was wearing the Palladin's necklace.
- It was Gon who refused to join the big groupe of people who wanted to clear the game at the stat of Greed island. And Killua just followed Gon's "orders".

Second, they kinda had no other choice. Remember that Gon's groupe spent the last 3 weeks training specifically to counter Genthuru's abilty "Little Flower".
- The only person that could simulate Genthuru's speed was Bisky.
- Killua couldn't train because of his hands. Plus he is the smartest in the groupe, so he focused on developping a strategy.
- and like Mehpz said, when Gon decides to do something, you can't talk him out of it.

Hope this will be helpfull
Mar 31, 2013 7:36 AM

Nov 2007
Ugh, Genthru is definately the creepiest guy from this show. Hisoka is pretty scary, but also hilarious.
Mar 31, 2013 7:46 AM

Oct 2011
-MgZ_ said:
I love the battles! Madhouse!

Oh yeah ... Madhouse has also won me over :D

Loved everything about this episode, Killua's new abilities ... with the yo-yo and lightning combos.

Gon's usual unbreakable will .... heck, even Bisky's true form lol

PS: Can't wait for the climax next week!

5/5
Mar 31, 2013 7:54 AM
Sep 2012
O_O Bisky, WTF?
Mar 31, 2013 8:31 AM

Jun 2011
Bisky's Gorilla mode xD
Awesome episode 5/5
Mar 31, 2013 9:03 AM

Mar 2012
now I know why biscuit doesn't use her power. smart choice
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 91 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

247Eyes - Aug 3, 2013

323 by CyanGear »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Knave - Dec 24, 2011

148 by Nerdason »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

fishergirl16 - Dec 17, 2011

108 by Nerdason »»
Today, 5:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Panaru - Dec 10, 2011

214 by Nerdason »»
Today, 4:55 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kamuki - Dec 3, 2011

148 by Nerdason »»
Today, 4:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.