Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2013 8:53 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice for the dorm master suggesting that. Farewell moments are so funny with heart beating moments. Ryuunosuke's smile! lol @ almost kiss from the two.

Two new students to Sakurasou as well as the guy's sister. Seiyuu girl can still stay in Sakurasou, and the guy still tries his best with designing game. lol @ sempai girl becoming neighbor and married woman!!

ED with more memory. Both OP and ED by Konomin's are ♥.
tsubasaloverMar 25, 2013 7:27 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 25, 2013 8:55 AM

Nov 2011
Finale!

Well, I'm going to miss everyone from this show especially you Ryuunsuke. Dat Sakura Tree.

>Attempted kiss by Sorata
>Gets intercepted by a cat

LOL. Oh well, at least he gets a cheek kiss. I guess that's better than nothing. I'll give this show a 7/10. The finale episode imo was so-so.
Mar 25, 2013 8:57 AM

May 2009
Mar 25, 2013 9:04 AM
Dec 2012
Good finale. It was enjoyable though it felft it was a bit forced and rushed in some shots.

LOL@Rita & Ryuunosuke
Mar 25, 2013 9:46 AM

Nov 2012
bastek66 said:

ALL THESE BEST GIRLS WINNING!!!! IS THIS ANIME REALLY FROM JAPAN?????

Also I am insanely jealous of you bastards that can speak and understand moon! I'm stuck here waiting for subs!!!! I can't watch the RAWS without hating each and every one of you :P LOL!
Mar 25, 2013 9:47 AM

Sep 2012
Naxrrhid said:
What does "all the best girls winning" have to do with whether the anime is from Japan or not?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 25, 2013 9:51 AM

Nov 2012
symbv said:
Naxrrhid said:
What does "all the best girls winning" have to do with whether the anime is from Japan or not?

Most of the time the best girl never wins. Without doing any calcs and just off the top of my head, best girl ever winning in an anime is <=40%
NaxrrhidMar 25, 2013 9:59 AM
Mar 25, 2013 11:06 AM

Sep 2012
Naxrrhid said:
Most of the time the best girl never wins. Without doing any calcs and just off the top of my head, best girl ever winning in an anime is <=40%
But what makes a girl "the best girl" -- it is your call?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 25, 2013 11:22 AM
Oct 2012
symbv said:
Naxrrhid said:

Through the use of proven algorithms, computer modeling, and calibrated with the latest psychological advances, it is now scientifically possible to determine the "best girl" of any romcon, drama, or even harem animation. This method not only factors in the aesthetics of the girl, including proportionality and the propensity to appear in a doujinshi, but also such factors as how long they have known the main character (the osananajimi principle), in~ an win~ cest opportunities, as well as animation adaptation variation.
Mar 25, 2013 11:28 AM

Nov 2012
symbv said:
Naxrrhid said:

Not sure how to explain this to you but, the best girl in an anime is well...., the best girl in the anime. Like in Sakurasou, Mashiro is clearly the best girl, and she won..., ergo the best girl winning.

Takuan_Soho said:
Through the use of proven algorithms, computer modeling, and calibrated with the latest psychological advances, it is now scientifically possible to determine the "best girl" of any romcon, drama, or even harem animation. This method not only factors in the aesthetics of the girl, including proportionality and the propensity to appear in a doujinshi, but also such factors as how long they have known the main character (the osananajimi principle), in~ an win~ cest opportunities, as well as animation adaptation variation.

+1 Internets!
Mar 25, 2013 12:03 PM

Jul 2010
Well at least there were some kisses at the end, although poor Nanami didn't kiss anyone.

lmao at Rita kissing Maid-chan and Maid-chan getting embarrassed.
Mar 25, 2013 12:47 PM
May 2011
so this is end of 6 vol of LN?
Mar 25, 2013 12:59 PM

Dec 2012
Naxrrhid said:
symbv said:
Naxrrhid said:

Not sure how to explain this to you but, the best girl in an anime is well...., the best girl in the anime. Like in Sakurasou, Mashiro is clearly the best girl, and she won..., ergo the best girl winning.

Takuan_Soho said:

+1 Internets!

The best girl is the main girl.... what the hell are you talking about? Every single romance anime ends up with main male and female....orz

That's why there's always a follow up Galge regarding to those animes where the player can choose and not forced to be with the main girl.
lzs2503187Mar 25, 2013 1:03 PM
Mar 25, 2013 1:06 PM

Dec 2012
Finish Blossom, thanks for the ride~ orz
Mar 25, 2013 1:12 PM

Oct 2012
Well, that was a great ride. I'm definitely gonna miss this show. Unfortunately, I got the anime finale depression. I always hate this feeling
Mar 25, 2013 4:45 PM

Mar 2010
Naxrrhid said:
Mashiro is clearly the best girl

small mistake there, you seem to have spelled aoyama wrong
Mar 25, 2013 4:45 PM

Aug 2012
There goes my Monday joy going to miss this one, last weeks episode really overshadowed this one the graduation ceremony felt like a better ending. overall probably going to give this one a 8/10

Mar 25, 2013 4:46 PM

Oct 2012
At which point in the novel series did the anime end?
Mar 25, 2013 4:48 PM

Dec 2007
It's a shame it ended, I wanted to see more of Mashiro and the new Sakurasou residents (excluding Yuuko). Good series to kill time with, 7/10.
Mar 25, 2013 4:49 PM

May 2009
Vylash said:
Naxrrhid said:

That coward best? Don't make me laugh.

Honeymunchz said:

6th book.
Mar 25, 2013 4:52 PM
Oct 2010
kyaaaa dragon x rita <3 hnggg

good shit. really closed up well i think. wish there were some actual development with the male lead like i expected :l
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 25, 2013 4:53 PM

Oct 2012
bastek66 said:
Honeymunchz said:

6th book.

Mar 25, 2013 4:56 PM

Jul 2009
Waiting for subs on my native language but i can't wait...*throws desk up*
Mar 25, 2013 4:57 PM

Aug 2012
Great last episode! The best episode in the 2nd cour by far. 7/10 overall
Mar 25, 2013 5:01 PM
Sep 2010
Hope there is 2nd season after the LN is finish #.# I want to see how the new student will live in Sakurasou :P ...It seems there i s high chance there gonna be 2nd season to me....

8.5/10 for me ~~
Mar 25, 2013 5:03 PM

Apr 2011
Well I loved the Anime in general and it had some extremely strong episodes. Unfortunately though, I really didn't like the conclusion all that much. Still 9/10 for me (at least here on MAL, personally I would say 8.5/10)
A question for experienced people and who know about the novel:
Is there a lot more material left? Or in general: How likely is it that there will be a second season? Judging from just the ending of the Anime it would be very likely. I hope somebody can tell me! :-)

Wait another question: Did Jin and Misaki really marry now AND live next doors now or was this supposed to be a joke? Really want somebody to clear that up for me.
MikuLove39Mar 25, 2013 5:25 PM
Mar 25, 2013 5:07 PM

May 2012
This episode was more enjoyable than the last many. That attempted kiss scene between Mashiro and Kanda was pretty funny.

Overall I think this anime would have been a lot more enjoyable if the plot didn't seem so forced and badly executed.

Final rating: 6/10.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Mar 25, 2013 5:17 PM

Jan 2011
bastek66 said:
Vylash said:
Naxrrhid said:

That coward best? Don't make me laugh.

Honeymunchz said:

6th book.

No girl in this show can hold a candle to Misaki. She stole entire episodes, like this last one for example, with just 5 minutes air time. Fucking great, actually, excluding the main trio, every single character was amazing. Story too, overall, solid 10/10 from me.
Mar 25, 2013 5:17 PM

Sep 2012
All in all, I think it was pretty bad, there were some pretty good episodes, but the problem is that there were even more horrible one. I didn't like most of the dramas, there were a lot of overreactions, Sorata and Rita in particular annoyed me on more than one occasion. The MisakixJin relationships was completely laughable. Mashiro was the only redeeming quality of this show.

4/10.
Mar 25, 2013 5:18 PM

Nov 2011
Can't believe i waited up almost 2am just to watch this, i was not disappointed.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 25, 2013 5:23 PM

Oct 2009
Well.

On the first episode, I fell in love with Mashiro -- I'm still in love.

It wasn't as good as it could have been, but it was definitely something I looked to watching every week. So I'd be lying if I said I did not enjoy Sakurasou. It was lacking ... but who the hell cares when all that matters is that Mashiro is cute as fack.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2013 5:25 PM

Jun 2012
Well done Sakurasou Well done

Endings can drasticallly change an outlook on a series. It's the show's last chance to win you over or lose you. In Sakurasou's case I'm happy to say the former. Over this whole series Sorata has changed immensely as a person from his apathetic snappy persona to his developed dream driven character that he finishes with. All of the residents too had great character progression and I enjoyed seeing them develop as people. Mashiro Shiina was the catalyst for the whole series and she was a joy to watch too. Her hard working demeanor forced everyone in Sakurasou to re evaluate what it is they really want in life. Doesn't help she's a riot and was always destined to win (OTP ftw sorry Aoyama shippers : / ))

At it's best the show was heartfelt and profound but at it's worst it was a Korean Drama. What I was saying about Sorata played a part into the worst. He learns about who he is as a person but he comes to the same self revelations multiple times which FRUSTRATED ME A LOT as a viewer.

Sakurasou had above average production values for a JC Staff show with some truly breathtaking visuals at times. My favorite is the one when Sorata is running up the metaphorical stairs chasing Mashiro.

Overall, I'm glad I stuck with the show. A 7 out of 10

Other Thoughts
- The new Kouhai seem interesting characters, guess I'll have to read the source material to see how they turn out
- Um lol at Misaki for turning in the marriage form!? Does Jin know?
-DAYS OF DASH!! Couldn't agree with a more fitting ending
HybridMBLApr 1, 2013 2:48 AM
Mar 25, 2013 5:30 PM

Jul 2012
I enjoyed this a lot. The drama could've been played out better, but damn, this conclusive ending really sold the series for me. 8/10 I wouldn't mind a season two/OVA with the new residents, though it seems unlikely with the only average sales that it's getting.

Mari Okada please don't touch anime ever again.
Mar 25, 2013 5:31 PM

Aug 2010
Kiss on the cheek for Sorata? Good enough.
Mar 25, 2013 5:33 PM
Jul 2012
bad anime
6/10
Mar 25, 2013 5:33 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Good last episode. ROTFLMAO when the two newbies met for the first time the people they'd be living with. The only thing that could have made the episode better was if Sorata had had the balls to kiss Shiina (even though I'm a Aoyama fan, I still feel she can do better than Sorata anyway).

Yeah Misaki for taking matters into her own hands!
Mar 25, 2013 5:34 PM

Jun 2010
Just gonna take the post I made in the episode 23 thread, since my opinion of the series essentially hasn't changed since then. Honestly, this show could have been much better if its central focus was the camaraderie between the residents of Sakurasou, because we all have strong bonds with our friends and can easily relate to how inseparable they are. Instead, the series decided to shift its focus to developing romantic relationships that feel hollow and contrived because they aren't thoroughly explored. The time spent on the Nanami x Sorata scenes in the second half could have been better used elsewhere, because it was evident at the start that Sorata had already bought tickets aboard the SS Mashiron. The series promised a romance with the reoccurring theme of friendship, but felt lacking in both departments because the time devoted to each aspect was insufficient.

5/10
Mar 25, 2013 5:35 PM

Mar 2013
I enjoyed this anime, I was hoping to pick up reading the light novels but seems they haven't been translated to English yet. All thought it's unlikely I would like to see a second season, or an OVA with the Blue-ray release.

Overall I gave this anime a 9/10.
Feb 2013
Damn, why did Hikari interrupt.

Also, Ryuunosuke and Rita kiss~

Dec 2007
Best JC Staff show since Toradora. Most of their other adaptations turn into complete mess though, like Little Busters compared to the awesomeness of its counterpart visual novel.

The drama, which Little Busters anime should have excelled at, was done way better in Sakurasou for some reason. I blame the staff selection, because when the director of Killl Me Baby was chosen to do a Keydrama visual novel anime adaptation, you know that something just went wrong.

For Sakurasou, the director was an unexperienced woman that did wonders with it. I love her for her awesome work on it! Cheers, I will be surely checking out more future works of her.
Mar 25, 2013 5:36 PM

Jun 2009
Yay for JC Staff...!
beautiful art with many forced drama scenes and WTF ending...
5/10
I won't say this is a bad anime. But, you could have done better than this JC...
Mar 25, 2013 5:37 PM

Oct 2012
GoldenBRS said:
bad anime
6/10
Didn't you drop the anime like 4 episodes ago?
Mar 25, 2013 5:38 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Vylash said:
Naxrrhid said:

LOL. I like how you think!
Mar 25, 2013 5:39 PM

Dec 2012
Loved it, the ending was well done, it's purpose was to indicate that there's more to come! :D I can't wait for the 2nd season or an OVA of some sort. This was the only anime to not disappoint me over the two seasons, giving it a 9/10 :3
Mar 25, 2013 5:39 PM

Jun 2012
This was definitely one of the best anime ever. This last episode brought schills down my spine, and even almost made me cry. They ended it so well! I hope they make a special or soemthing!
Mar 25, 2013 5:46 PM
Mar 2013
I thought that it was pretty great overall. The final episode wrapped up with a "full circle" summary of all their experiences throughout these 24 episodes beautifully at the end. I love it when an anime does that. It emphasizes the broader theme of the show rather than what happened near or at the end, which is great. A solid 8/10.
Mar 25, 2013 5:47 PM

Jul 2012
I liked it. The drama went a little overboard sometimes, but overall I enjoyed this series and wouldn't mind having a second season.
Mar 25, 2013 5:51 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, this was simply amazing. 8/10.
Mar 25, 2013 5:53 PM
Mar 25, 2013 5:57 PM

Feb 2013
Great episode, loved it! :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqnoRk_S83g - my top 5 romantic animes video :D
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

319 by Fadhil01dx »»
Feb 24, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Shiina vs Aoyama ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Genomax - Nov 13, 2012

490 by rishamr »»
Feb 19, 11:06 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2012

213 by Liddo-kun »»
Feb 9, 3:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.