Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »
Sep 17, 2013 2:36 AM

Oct 2009
It was a "Eh" kinda ending for me..pretty much went the way i expected it too..Makishima's death...i don't know it kinda felt out of character, him just running away and all.. :(
And yeah felt quite a bit like the Death Note ending..I still think Akane is a hypocrite ^-^

Well the story as a whole wasn't very original, nothing we haven't seen before but it was still good, not much censoring and brutal till the end, though i wish the ending was darker like the first half of the series. Fantasitc OST.
Oh and YAY for the Yuri scene I've been waiting for since the second episode!

Great characters, but unfortunately after Yuki's death i started hating Akane >.<

Not Urobuchi Gen's best work.

7.8 = 8/10

Can't see a better villian than Makishima happening in the next season, hopefully i am wrong :)
AozureSep 17, 2013 2:43 AM
Sep 21, 2013 3:00 PM

Jul 2013
I really loved this anime and will absolutely watch the second season. The thing is, they killed the best villian ever and in such a way! ;.; Also now it will be 2-girl inspector team? o.o Somehow don't like it... I'd prefer someone less resembling Akane from the beginning of the show, for real... Yet she seems to lack Akane's most apealing points. But I may be wrong, we will see. I didin't like Akane at first as well ;)

Most importantly, this season was awesome with its seriousness but had this emotional touch I like. The only regret is that I still haven't got enough of Makishima ;(

Shougo..! ;.;
YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT
SEE YOU, SPACE COWBOY...
Sep 28, 2013 2:24 PM
Apr 2011
I'm going to be honest... I saw this ending come like 10 episodes before this one. Maybe its because I saw this ending coming that I didn't enjoy the ending. I would give it 6/10. It was so predictable with the erratic behavior of Kogami and the fact that Akane was practically immune to the system; these two factors made it obvious that those two would eventually come head to head after Makishima is dead.

All in all, I could understand that the company wanted to end this way to leave a bitter taste in your mouth, but I would have rather wanted something drastic, whether it'd be good or bad, because it leaves the audience restless. Well, that's my opinion.
Sep 29, 2013 11:00 PM

Apr 2013
Very good series, 9/10.

Didn't mind the ending at all, it seems like a very good setup for another season (which will happen!) Still prefer GitS SAC but this is still very solid.

Edit: Also love the paths Akane and Kogami took and their different points of view and brings up the interesting conflict of stability vs freedom.
migohunterSep 29, 2013 11:06 PM
Powerful eyebrows.
Oct 2, 2013 3:54 PM
Mar 2011
Didn't like it. Plot is random, characters are boring, ending situation is not different from the beginning. I hoped that there would be more explanation in 2 last episodes, but they were useless. It's a bit like Darker than Black. More or less ok in the first half, but the ending makes the whole worse.
Oct 6, 2013 2:47 AM

Jul 2013
I hope they will make a second season!!!! The end was open so...
Oct 6, 2013 5:11 PM

Jun 2012
CosminAMV said:
Rejoice yourself! >> http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=659069

I can't wait for what's next. Really great series and my favourite of the genre right now.
Oct 11, 2013 5:59 AM
May 2012
It is not the end, but the beginning of the series. Right now, it's a mix feeling because the true enemy has not been defeated yet.

The prelude before the beginning... hmm isn't that catchy?
Oct 12, 2013 4:59 PM

Jun 2013
Glad that there is a second season for this show. Definitely got me going when I had nothing else to watch. Siiiighhh....why did Kagari had to die?1
Oct 12, 2013 5:48 PM

Aug 2012
Tinkyourdead said:
CosminAMV said:
Rejoice yourself! >> http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=659069

I can't wait for what's next. Really great series and my favourite of the genre right now.

But we don't know if the staff and characters will be the same :/ you get attached to them, so depending on that i'm not sure if i would enjoy it. Still i like the idea for a 2nd season, i wonder if Makishima will be part of Sybil now :)
Kyuruyin said:
Glad that there is a second season for this show. Definitely got me going when I had nothing else to watch. Siiiighhh....why did Kagari had to die?1

I didn't like it too, Kagari was kewel q.q
Oct 14, 2013 1:50 PM
Jul 2013
One of the best Animes EVER!!!
Oct 14, 2013 1:55 PM
Mar 2011
Akai012 said:
It is not the end, but the beginning of the series. Right now, it's a mix feeling because the true enemy has not been defeated yet.
Do we already know the identity of the true enemy?
Oct 19, 2013 10:36 AM
May 2010
As for the poll, I voted for "I liked it" because I couldn't really bring myself to love it. Do not get me wrong, I find Psycho-pass amusing and chikuso...it's a masterpiece! Demo, it pains me to see one of the most amazing series to actually end (but now that I know that there will be a second season, I feel a whole lot better). As for the discussion of the last episode, I find quite significant that Akane-chan notes that everything that happened is destined to happen. We all know that the Sibyl system is a highly-advanced technology ran by mostly the brains of those that are "criminally apathetic" (did I get it right?), but in the end, Akane states it as destiny.... as if to leave the whole idea of the system as the only deciding factor in the lives of the characters. Damn... I don't know if what I'm saying makes sense but I liked the way it ended. It was beautiful.... and the music intensified the poignant moments in the end.
Oct 20, 2013 1:34 AM
Jan 2013
naens said:
Akai012 said:
Do we already know the identity of the true enemy?

Yeah, kinda disappointing that the sibyl system remained...
Oct 26, 2013 7:36 AM

Apr 2009
Lots of philosophy talks and amazing characters.

Great story! hoping Sibyl will be taken down next season. GO AKANE! :)

8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2013 10:51 AM
Oct 2013
I really did enjoy this series. It's well done but I sure would like to see some Kogami/Akane moments.

sorry i just... you know.. it woke up the inner shoujo in me.

p/s : AND HE CALLED OUT TO HER NAME 'AKANE' WHEN SHE CLIMBED ONTO THE

TRUCK THAT MAKISHIMA WAS DRIVING, LIKE FINALLY!! *squeals* since he

always called her 'inspector' or 'tsunemori'. pffft.
Nov 4, 2013 8:53 PM
Aug 2013
that was so satisfying. akane is hood as fuck

can't wait for season 2, hope it doesn't turn out to be a bad sequel
Nov 6, 2013 7:45 PM

Jun 2013
so many lose ends, season 2 pls

Nov 11, 2013 6:14 AM

Aug 2012
The story comes full circle, and there'll be another person like Makishima to overthrow the system again. Satisfying ending, i really loved the execution scene, so sad yet beautiful at the same time.

I definitely cannot give a score lower than 8 for this series.. heck, i'll give it a 9/10, and probably won't change, not until there's another series that could top it. btw, another cute girl as the new inspector, yay! I'm looking forward to the 2nd season~

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Nov 13, 2013 5:16 PM

Apr 2009
So, watching this had been delayed for me for quite a while - just finished in a single go.

This show actually gets a 9 from me, right up my alley.

Makishima was the best character and certainly the easiest to sympathize with, despite he's rather strange case of psychopathy.

On the other hand, the one thing that kept nagging me is Tsunemori. I really don't 'get' her personality and development (or rather - the lack of, in my eyes).
I suppose she must simply be some strange deviation the shonen hero, supposed to represent some strange Japanese ideal of a 'good' person. Then again, she was sort of memorable, however infuriating.

I read this is supposed to get a second season. Not sure how I feel about that. I hope to god, this was something planned from the start, rather than them just making it due to demand or whatnot.
Whenever you correct someone's grammar just remember that nobody likes you.
Dec 17, 2013 8:40 PM
Mar 2013
10/10
Can't wait for the movie.
Dec 22, 2013 2:07 AM

Nov 2010
The last episode was the best of all episodes (or the entire story) because of Akane's strong commitment to the law:
"The law is not supposed to protect people. (instead) People must keep the law. The law is the outcome of the wish of the people who have hated the evil and sought after the justice to date. ..."
We should reconsider ordinary things sometimes for the better life.
Dec 23, 2013 1:37 AM

Jul 2009
what a an amazing episode!!

truly one of the best ways to end on a high note!!!

the fight with Kougami and Makishima is much improved compared to the tower battle. for the first time ever, Makishima get's slice and it became his downfall in the later scenes.

i find it gutsy of Akane riding that truck while chasing Makishima. why didn't Makishima tried to waggle off of the truck? even if he's injured he could at least make the truck slippery in order for her not to be able to shoot the tires.

and wow Makishima running for his life, never though i'd see the day.

also when Makishima was running on the field, anyone reminded of Death Note??

MAJOR SPOILERS

wow seeing Makishima killed as he lay down, it's kinda symbolic tbh. Makishima even asked if there's gonna be a replacement like him in the near future. so he's finally dead :(

Makishima is an amazing antagonist that isn't over the top, but a more believable person who is only trying to do what he think is right.

and yes, i actually thought Akane would be abducted due to the failure of her mission. and putting her brain there is a bit too much if that were to happen O__O

it seems she is a potential asset to the system in the near future. i'm surprised they didn't revealed that she might have become Asymptomatic like Makishima is.

btw what the hell happened to Kasei? it seems Touma was truly dead and the Kasei we see is just one of Sybil's puppets. though it seems they laugh at Akane struggling since she knows the society can't stand on its own without sybil for now. but someday they'll find a way to live their lives without sybil's help.

ironic on how Ginoza not only loses the same arm as his father, but is now a latent criminal, the same thing he despises in the beginning of the episode. seems he finally appreciate his father's advice, what took you so long Ginoza :P

and wow it seems Akane is now the one who's looking out on Ginoza and not the other way around :)

and wahhh so he only uses his glasses just for show? and what do you mean you didn't like your face? i guess he hated his father that much back then, but now is accepting him. he even smiles!! ^^

and wow Karanomori and Yayoi!!! i always knew they were lovers since every episode it's always Yayoi leaving the room XD

shame Kougami passed her up from sleeping with her. soo stupid Kougami "-_____-

and it's really confirmed that Kagari really did died. they could have at least shown back of his head for at least a confirmation.

it seems this Mika Shimotsuki is the same girl from the school arc where his friend was decapitated by Rikako san.

they even use the same opening as the first episode, same dialogue and reaction and even the pose!!! seems Akane is slowly becoming the leader of the group ^^

seems Kougami is sailing out on the ocean due to his boat like room.

so Sybil continues!!! kinda expected, since destroying it will make the situation worse.

and since it's already confirmed, i do wonder how will they do a movie and season 2? will season 2 come first then movie(that would be better, save the last fight on the movie)

and what happens now? will Akane find something that will replace the system? or work her way out into making it a better and more accepting system? i think she was trying to capture Makishima and bring him on the system to make an example on how to judge someone. she might have an idea on how to improve the system, but alas Kougami kills Makishima in the end. do wonder what he will do now? will he be like Professor Saiga and stay a normal and slow pace life?

i do wonder what would Mika role is in the future season? and who will be the next enemy? Makishima is pretty darn hard to be topped as a main villain for now :P

overall i give this a 9/10, amazing anime, i love the artstyle and atmosphere, the story has an interesting take on what would happen if a single system controls the whole society of one nation and that music!! seriously one of the best in the industry for sure!!

i have high hopes on the future of the series. and seeing on how Google Japan rank the search list as Top 7 for this year which is amazing considering this show ended in the beginning of 2013

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/12/19-1/attack-on-titan-tops-google-japans-anime-keyword-ranking-of-2013

want more Psycho-Pass!!!!
Dec 28, 2013 10:14 PM

Aug 2010
Not here to get attention or troll (just stating my opinion), but the series was terrible.

> Story introduced with the premise of a faulty system
> Idealism + Non-changing system at the end

Just based off that, the entire series failed to set out an actual MESSAGE to people (unless they want to deliberately explain that some things are inevitable to happen and can only remain as mere fabrication).

That's not even including ...

> Deus Ex Machina thought process of characters with specific explanations as to what other characters will do, but not HOW THEY ACTUALLY DISCOVERED WHY A CHARACTER IS SUCH AND SUCH (Telling me that two people think the same way does not speak for anything)

> Bad Characters (Throwing a few quotations doesn't make you anything special - It makes the authors look lazy - Who could actually sympathize with Ginoza's father's death after how much of an idiot Ginoza was to him or how pathetic of a lead Akane considering the lack of accomplishment all throughout the show?)

> No real climax and closure (as to repeat what I've said above)

--

The only decent part about the series where the fist on fist fights between the two male leads and the interesting game premise of 'hunting' that took place in episodes 11 and 12.

Overall, a thrilless series that although attempts to get others to think critically about our current method of administrating 'justice', fails to give us any solution to it.

We're in 2013 - Idealism does not speak for anything.

4/10
BeyondDec 29, 2013 5:46 PM
「一人殺せば犯罪者だけど、千人殺せば英雄になれる。百万人殺せば征服者だし、絶滅させれば神よ」
Dec 29, 2013 5:38 PM

Jun 2012
That was a pretty good ending, which surprised me a bit. I wouldnt be disappointed if a second season wasnt announced but there will be along with a movie. I wont complain.

10/10
Dec 30, 2013 4:34 AM
Nov 2013
""Well, I sure hope not."

FUCK that was good. Absolutely excellent ending to an absolutely excellent series.

I loved that Makashima did die in the end, and I loved the way in which it happened, with acceptance, while the beauty of the natural, lawless world is all around him. (with a bit of irony from that shot of the modified corn field) Everything about that scene, from the music, to the dialogue, to the cinematography, to the expressions on their faces was perfect to me.

Sybil did not fall in the end, and it made the series that much better, Akane realizes that Sybil is something that should not exist, but also realizes that trying to bring about its downfall would only bring about her own death for nothing. Instead, she will try to change the system from within, to create a society that will come to raise people capable of realizing how wrong Sybil is, and make it so that one day, someone will come to "turn off the lights".

Character development was one the shows many strengths, and the ending made it that much stronger. Every character gets the ending they needed, and it seemed that all of the development of each character was working towards their respective ends. The ones who were able to deal with living in Sybil's society like Shion and Yayoi continued to do so, and the ones who were unable to come to terms with their situation either sacrificed themselves for something meaningful to them, or had the power to change their situation, sometimes thanks to those sacrifices.

The OST was great all around, without overusing themes and making them become less effective. Every time that acoustic action theme came on it got my blood pumping, and the classical during Makashima's death scene made it even more powerful than it already was.

The art and character designs were all great, not much else to say about them.

Dialogue carried this series in a big way, and it was all excellently done. Every episode brought something new for the viewers and the characters to consider and change their opinions based on, and without resorting to an episodic format.

It was never predictable, and actually led me to believe something would happen only to have that expectation brilliantly turned on its head more than once.

Action was always fluid and tense, and hardly ever seemed to resort to familiar scenarios. The gore made the horrors of the series extremely effective without ever becoming tasteless.

World development was another of the show's great strengths, all important aspects of the world were explained in very sufficient detail, while still managing to constantly expand on it by adding new aspects almost every episode.

I could keep fawning over this series all night, but I'll just end it with this: Nothing is perfect, but there is no doubt in my mind that for me, this show deserves its 10/10. I loved every minute, and however much i enjoyed the ending, I'm still sad it's over because I do not think it likely that i will find a series I enjoy as much for a very long time.
SatanicBeaverDec 30, 2013 4:40 AM
Dec 31, 2013 1:07 AM

Oct 2013
overall this serie was great, with this ending i was pretty sure to have a second season to this, but yeah exactly we get a another season + movie, excellent cant wait for this, im not a fan of sci-fic, but i think that the police genre were really great with this

p.s 9/10 for me
Dec 31, 2013 1:39 PM

Jul 2013
For me, it is the final series of 2013...Very good and impressive anime.
9/10
Jan 1, 2014 11:04 PM

Feb 2012
Seriously a good series, I was wrong to skip this show while it was airing. I always like it when the rookie ends up mentoring another newbie at the end of the story.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2014 1:43 AM

Sep 2013
I just finished the series and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I really like the themes the show tackled and how they parallel with some relevant issues that we face in society atm. As for the ending it left me rather unsettled. I think it must have mostly been the classical music that was used and it gave the subsequent scenes a gloriously tragic feel to them. Other than that I thought it was a fitting, bittersweet close that leaves it open for a wide range of possibilities. I'm looking forward to how the second season or movie for that matter will address our unanswered questions.

Anyway from the last episode I'm concluding Tsunemori has figured what her role and goal is within the CID. Despite what a lot of people say that they wanted to see Tsunemori to take action in the destruction of Sibyl as the conclusion to the series, I'm glad this didn't happened. Otherwise if it had, it would have tarnished my thoughts of this show. IMO that would be too drastic. Two months may seem like a long time but its no where near enough time to reform a system with the least amount of impact. Instigating change on such a large magnitude requires careful, strategic planning. Also Tsunemori is a person that's able to grasp the big picture pretty well (also I think she's criminally asymptotic but that's beside the point). It could be assumed in the two months that have passed she has begun setting the scene to allow the change to happen. It also wasn't disclosed to us the sequence of events immediately after Makishima's death. For all we know Tsunemori and Kougami may have constructed a rough initial plan outlining how to fight the system, obviously with Tsunemori working in the inside and Kougami from the outside and then convergence. As for Kougami, quite a few people say that he will be the next Makishima but really I feel this is unlikely. As someone else has mentioned I too feel that the similarities that the two share end at intelligence and being hunted by Sibyl. He'll use his exile to his advantage and fight his way back to regain his place in society.

As for other aspects of the anime, as much as I love Kagari, I have accepted he's a citizen erased or he's been incorporated as part of Sibyl (if we're lucky). I'm both happy and sad for Ginoza, I'm glad he found the resolution he was looking for with all the internal turmoil and conflict he was going through. Also at first I wanted a bit more disclosure about Makishima's past. But having read comments here and there I'm happy with leaving it to imagination and I think whatever comes to mind will be a close representation of the sorry, lonely life he had leading up to all the commotion. He was a great villain that I very much disliked. I did feel pity for that soul of his but at the end of it I'm glad when the gun went off.
Jan 4, 2014 12:21 PM

Feb 2012
Nooooooo Makishima. :(

How are we going to get through the 2nd season and a movie without him. :(

And when he asked Kougami "Will you be able to find replacement for me", manly tears were shed.

Awesome series indeed.
Jan 5, 2014 11:35 PM
Jul 2018
Great series overall, it wasn't predictable like some other animes from the police genre, with justice themes involved. Plus the the sci-fi factor was awesome and so was the OST. Can't wait for the 2nd season and movie!
Jan 8, 2014 1:23 PM

Jan 2013
Yeey I finished it ^_^. (Had some difficulties with people constantly interrupting me).
Well what can I say.. I loved Akane at the beginning but not so much at the end of the series as she got too serious ;-;.

Anyways looks like we will have a second season and a movie so I'm glad it's not over. Also yeey for new member looks cute too ^-^.

9/10.
Jan 8, 2014 5:34 PM

Aug 2013
That final was really great in my opinion. I find it good that an anime have the maturity to kill or abandon an important character.

Akane really changed since the beginning, that some great character devellopement. She passed from someone who wasn't sure of why she joined the Division 1 to the leader of the group, a hardened detective. And the way she challenged Sybille was really cool.

As I though, Gino became an executor, his psycho-pass was already borderline, he just couldn't go back... But I think it's a good choice, he looked like a bookworm with his glasses but now he's badass.

Kougami's not dead. I wonder where he is. It look like he'll act on his own. He'll surely make some apparence during the next season.

That new detective is a minor, that's weird. She look exactly how Akane looked when she started xD
I really wanna know who these two new mysterious executors are.

I'm really hyped for the 2nd season, I'm waiting patiently.

P.S. : I'm sorry if I said Sybille in all my post instead of Sybil. I'm a french canadian and I watch it in french, so that's why I didn't know until now that it was Sybil in english xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 9, 2014 9:26 AM

Aug 2008
10/10. It probably deserves 9/10. But I liked it too much to frigging care about such objective details.

Ok, let's see... I actually enjoyed the ending very much, Even the last stereotypical part from the end when Akane had to say almost the same lines as Ginoza-san said when they first encountered. But still, DID YOU SEE THOSE LOOKS IN THEIR EYES? I mean Akane/Ginoza/Yayoi expressions! Gosh, they were... pardon me if I should say something like this, extraordinarily beautiful, sad, lonely, determined... I don't know, I think they were fascinating! My bad! Ah, wonderful.

I expected Kougami to kill Makishima (it's just too related to the first episode when Akane-chan said that it was fate that they should meet, so it was sort of obvious that one should kill the other, no matter whom that one who was being killed was). You see, I liked that scene very much. Even though it went on with a slow motion feeling, I think it was pretty intense. Also, Akane's tears and screaming Kougami's name... priceless. Once in a life time, how one should say.

I liked the episode very much, yet there is no much to say about it but that it was a very good, appropriate ending. I loved it. I am looking forward to the next season; yet I get the feeling it cannot be as good as the first series. I hope I am in the wrong and the second season surpasses the first one. I haven't read about it, but I just supposed there was going to be another season, haha :).

It was my first anime on 2014, so I feel very good for that! it was an extremely nice piece to watch. I shall recommend it to others! amazingly good, compared to what I had expected!
鳥はとぶ時
つばさでとぶが
あなたはとぶ時
何でとぶのですか?
Terayama Shuji
Jan 11, 2014 12:55 AM

Sep 2011
I hated Gino so much so I'm really happy that he changed in the end. Thank goodness. I actually like the ending.

Hate the Sibyl System. It seriously took everyone's life away from them. They're living like robots. Maybe I'll watch season 2.
pew pew pew
Jan 12, 2014 5:39 PM

Jan 2012
nothing new here...

predictable until the end

probably been 8-9/10 if I just starting out watching anime...

7/10
Jan 15, 2014 9:33 PM
Jan 2014
there is three dead. Kagari - Masaoka Tomomi - Makishima SO it is a good anime :)
Jan 24, 2014 2:51 PM
Apr 2013
It's was an overall nice anime. I liked the story, characters in general were pretty nice, some things were really predictable though, which was a bummer.

No, the lesbian sex was not one of them.
Jan 25, 2014 5:44 AM

Jun 2013
RIP Makishima, Masaoka, Kagari, and other deceased characters in this show.

That was an intense fight between Kougami and Makishima. And Akane was lucky that her gun was out of bullet, or else she would be killed by Makishima. Love the moment when Kougami carried the injured Akane... That was so sweet. Makishima was running away, with his body covered with blood. Unfortunately, Kougami finished him off.

I cried when Ginoza visited the tomb of his father, Masaoka. And... he's now an enforcer. I guess Akane was the only one who could maintain her hue and psycho-pass without being stress. She's that damn strong. He's even hotter when not wearing eyeglasses. And lol at the part wherein she asked him if his eyeglasses were just a show-off, and his reaction was like... :O So he used to dislike the appearance of his eyes(but I like them), but now he's changed. Can't really believe he's enforcer now.

YURI SPOTTED.

So Kougami was missing, then? Noooooooooo!

There's a new inspector. As moe as Akane... Just kidding, guys. But I think she's cute as Akane. That scene was almost exactly same when Akane was hired of being an Inspector in episode one.

Dat scene at the end of the credits. Was that Kougami? Or another antagonist?

Season two confirmed, and I see that this anime has a movie.

I didn't regret watching this show. Everything is great. The story, characters, OST, etc. Can't wait for the second season! Maybe I'll write a review for this one later, though I'm not good with writing reviews and it's impossible.

This is one of my favorite anime/s (Some say "animes" is wrong, well whatever).

Wait, how's the Chief doing?
Jan 25, 2014 5:49 AM

Jun 2013
Teh said:
10/10. It probably deserves 9/10. But I liked it too much to frigging care about such objective details.

This.
Feb 6, 2014 12:15 PM

Jul 2011
Damn. I was expecting some crazy plot twist at the end but it all played out pretty casually and expectedly.
Feb 11, 2014 9:45 PM
Aug 2012
Today, a new favorite was added to the list. I'm glad I watched this and finished it; it was really great and had a lot of what I was looking for and hoped it would be.

Going through some of these earlier posts, I feel so late in finally finishing this lol but that's besides the point. We all know a movie and second season are in the works and that's really great news. As for this first season, I give it praise for what it accomplished. I wasn't sure if I'd like Akane that much but she is really one of the best characters of the show. You gotta give her some props for all she's gone through as a new Inspector. My favorite character was Kogami :D and just everything about his presence and methods of deduction was great and so enjoyable to watch. Hell, I even liked Makishima so much too; guy's on top of his game the whole way; what a troll at some of those points!

I liked how Ginoza accepted his father in the end in such a bittersweet way; Pops was really a voice of reason for the group and after his death, I think it changed Ginoza for the better. Him becoming an Enforcer is such a full-circle thing (even with the hand too). In regards to the Yayoi and Shion scene, O.O okay, was not expecting that, but hey! Why not? Whatever floats your boat! (Haha) I'd have to say though, I was sort of really disappointed with what happened to Kagari and how everyone took it (or just ended up mentioning what happened). It just seemed like his death was written in and wasn't befitting for his character at all. Even though he wasn't really one of my favorite characters, frankly, I think it's shitty how they just tossed him aside. I hold a naïve shred of hope somehow that he's still alive or something (even though this is very unlikely). In regards to earlier episodes, I like how we got some background and an episode devoted to Yayoi's past, but what about everyone else? Sometimes when I watch these kinds of episodes I don't really take them in and just want to get to the central plot, but I end up thinking about it later in a holistic sense of the show when it comes to evaluating character development. It would've been really nice to get a look into Ginoza/Masa's/Ko's/Shion's past. Maybe a story of how they ended up at the MWPSB or their earlier lives.

It looks like folks have also been mentioning that: Akane is new Ginoza, Mika is new Akane, and Kogami is new Makishima (yeah, bout this one, I don't think so). It's kinda funny in an uncanny way. A majority of the original group is still alive and that's a good thing. I've read that some people think Kogami became a part of Sybil or died. Yeah, just go back and watch the end of the episode. He's alive (thank goodness: D) Although he sort of shared similar ways of thinking and behaviors with Makishima, I don't think Kogami would ever become him. Now that he's out of society and exploring on his own, I think his character will finally have the freedom to roam and he won't necessarily be thought of as the hunting dog anymore. Perhaps he could come back and make it to detective one day.

Now, in my long rant here (thank you to all those that have read), I've seen AkaneXKogami ships sailing here and there on some threads. Anyone have any strong ideas or feelings about this? Yes or no? For obvious reasons, I can see why something didn't blatantly happen in this first season but after some time and with proper development, etc. I don't think it might be such a bad idea (emphasis on might). It shouldn't take away the main purpose of the show or demean the characters in any way, but sometimes (as perhaps a romantic, maybe) I look for certain pairings whether they be romance/friendship, etc. But this is just food for thought.

Overall, a great show with strong potential that explored many themes and had action and suspense well put in. Character development could have been more explored as well as concepts like crime coefficient (maybe the Dominators too?) Characters were interesting and ending is good, yet leaves you wanting more in terms of the bigger picture (Sybil system continues..., what about the chief?, etc.). Can't wait for the movie and season two!
Feb 17, 2014 6:42 AM

Nov 2007
The fighting scene of Makishima and Kougami was great! Really! They were both good fighters and it was definitely demonstrated well :))

im so sad when matsuoka-san died. ugh. but oh well, he is a father after all. He would do everything for his son.

AKANE in this episode was damn awesome. I felt that she was totally one of the cool characters out there. especially when she rode the truck. but i was confused why Makishima hesitated to kill her. I mean, what's the reason? being a killer without doubts, what in the world did he think of when he was staring at akane?

The Kougami carrying Akane is waaaaaaaaaa! No. though i ship that two of them, i know that there isn't something like that between them. Still, let me just imagine and fantasize about them. hoho.

Kougami killed Makishima. END.
I was really hoping that Akane will fulfill her order. guess im wrong with that. but i think this is a good ending.
Akane serving still as a pawn in the end is..
hmn. quite another way to end it.
So, it's safe to assume between the conversation of sibyl system and akane, that there will be SOMEONE who will do that job.
It's just not Akane.
Probably she will give assistance. but it's not her. Not in her nature.
'cause she values MAINTENANCE more.

Lastly..
I KNEW IT! YURI! Haha. This one, I expected. :)))))
Not that im good with it, still, i like those two girls, so it's fine. HOHO.

OVERALL, 10/10.
GREAT ANIME..
AND GREAT ED SONGS!
ITS EGOIST! RYO (SUPERCELL) .. :))))))
Mar 3, 2014 8:09 AM

May 2010
As much as I want to say my thoughts on this episode, I can't really put it in words.
So I'll just leave my impression to the series overall. It was a great ride.. 9/10

More Psycho-pass is very much welcome..
Mar 5, 2014 8:48 PM

Jul 2010
TallonKarrde23 said:
k0k0 said:
What a crappy cliff hanger to end such an amazing series!

No end of Sybil and the chief bitch.
No news of Kougami.
No Akane x Kougami.

Disappointing ending, very disappointing. But overall. the series deserves a very nice score indeed.

And that text at the end sure made me really hopeful.

And is it me or did Ginoza just turn hot.

What cliffhanger are you talking about?

Akane x Kogami is you shipping them, it's nothing remotely canonical or even implied in the show - there's never a single sign of her interested romantically in him.

We do see Kogami on a boat at the end - implying he's leaving the country (Sibyl is only in Japan, if he fled to America or EU or anywhere else he'd be fine) or hiding out in the sea.

Sybil and the chief are both a good and a bad thing - Akane makes the right decision in protecting Sibyl because it's doing exactly what it says; providing the most happiness for the most amount of people in history. Destroying such an important system that is in every aspect of life without another system already in place is pretty much putting everyone into hell by your own hands - a very stupid decision, and you could even say an evil one.

The ENTIRE POINT OF THE SHOW is that there is no clear 'bad' or 'good' guy at all or "right" or "wrong" decisions to make - Makishima is good and bad, Sibyl is good and bad, even Akane is good and bad - it's all a matter of your personal views and beliefs. Akane decides, smartly, that for now the best bet for the Japanese is to keep the system in place and protect the way things work as of now - until a better method comes to light (which, if there was one, Sibyl would already have been using it - so it may be awhile). You agree with Makishima that Sibyl needs to be stopped, that doesn't make this a cliffhanger - the fact Akane makes the realistic choice just made this a better show for it and provided a solid conclusion that FIT THE CHARACTER.

Akane destroying the Sibyl system wouldn't fit the character she's been written as the rest of the show and would have both subsequently ruined her AND the show.

If you didn't understand the entire point of the show, that's fine - but don't claim it was a cliffhanger just because it was 2deep4u.

Well, whether the ending was a cliffhanger or not, there were certain things left up to the viewer's imagination, which is why so many people are stating it to be a "cliffhanger ending."

First off, why did Makishama allow Akane to live? He easily could have finished her off, but instead he said, "I see...you are..." and then he simply walks away. This alludes the viewer to the fact that Akane may be asymptomatic, just like himself. Going further back, the fact that when her psycho-pass rose and rapidly dropped while doing the photo-fit further proves this. But we as viewers can only assume she shares that similarity with him. Clearly there is a reason why Makishama let Akane live. And that is not explained.

Secondly, why was Saiga seen sitting in the Chief Inspector's office? Could he have something to do with Sibyl?

Lastly, Kougomi is seen on a boat reading Swann's Way, which is a book about a man who is about to make the same mistake as a man he remembers. Are we led to believe that Kougomi is supposed to become an antognist? Had the writers of Pyscho-Pass intended for this to be a clear-cut ending, they simply who have shown him sailing away from the country in a boat. Instead they chose to throw in some questionable reading material which is perhaps supposed to allude the viewer to what Kougomi will do next.

For these reasons, I agree with everyone's opinion that the series left us with a cliffhanger ending. Especially since season 2 is now on its way.
Mar 8, 2014 4:28 PM

May 2009
I like it overall. I'm glad that a second season was confirmed because it shows that those loose ends were intentional and not there for some ridiculous philosophical theorizing or something like that. I would've been incredibly disappointed if the ending was an absolute closure to the story.
Mar 9, 2014 12:42 PM

Oct 2012
Kalisto said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
k0k0 said:
What a crappy cliff hanger to end such an amazing series!

No end of Sybil and the chief bitch.
No news of Kougami.
No Akane x Kougami.

Disappointing ending, very disappointing. But overall. the series deserves a very nice score indeed.

And that text at the end sure made me really hopeful.

And is it me or did Ginoza just turn hot.

What cliffhanger are you talking about?

Akane x Kogami is you shipping them, it's nothing remotely canonical or even implied in the show - there's never a single sign of her interested romantically in him.

We do see Kogami on a boat at the end - implying he's leaving the country (Sibyl is only in Japan, if he fled to America or EU or anywhere else he'd be fine) or hiding out in the sea.

Sybil and the chief are both a good and a bad thing - Akane makes the right decision in protecting Sibyl because it's doing exactly what it says; providing the most happiness for the most amount of people in history. Destroying such an important system that is in every aspect of life without another system already in place is pretty much putting everyone into hell by your own hands - a very stupid decision, and you could even say an evil one.

The ENTIRE POINT OF THE SHOW is that there is no clear 'bad' or 'good' guy at all or "right" or "wrong" decisions to make - Makishima is good and bad, Sibyl is good and bad, even Akane is good and bad - it's all a matter of your personal views and beliefs. Akane decides, smartly, that for now the best bet for the Japanese is to keep the system in place and protect the way things work as of now - until a better method comes to light (which, if there was one, Sibyl would already have been using it - so it may be awhile). You agree with Makishima that Sibyl needs to be stopped, that doesn't make this a cliffhanger - the fact Akane makes the realistic choice just made this a better show for it and provided a solid conclusion that FIT THE CHARACTER.

Akane destroying the Sibyl system wouldn't fit the character she's been written as the rest of the show and would have both subsequently ruined her AND the show.

If you didn't understand the entire point of the show, that's fine - but don't claim it was a cliffhanger just because it was 2deep4u.

Well, whether the ending was a cliffhanger or not, there were certain things left up to the viewer's imagination, which is why so many people are stating it to be a "cliffhanger ending."

First off, why did Makishama allow Akane to live? He easily could have finished her off, but instead he said, "I see...you are..." and then he simply walks away. This alludes the viewer to the fact that Akane may be asymptomatic, just like himself. Going further back, the fact that when her psycho-pass rose and rapidly dropped while doing the photo-fit further proves this. But we as viewers can only assume she shares that similarity with him. Clearly there is a reason why Makishama let Akane live. And that is not explained.

Secondly, why was Saiga seen sitting in the Chief Inspector's office? Could he have something to do with Sibyl?

Lastly, Kougomi is seen on a boat reading Swann's Way, which is a book about a man who is about to make the same mistake as a man he remembers. Are we led to believe that Kougomi is supposed to become an antognist? Had the writers of Pyscho-Pass intended for this to be a clear-cut ending, they simply who have shown him sailing away from the country in a boat. Instead they chose to throw in some questionable reading material which is perhaps supposed to allude the viewer to what Kougomi will do next.

For these reasons, I agree with everyone's opinion that the series left us with a cliffhanger ending. Especially since season 2 is now on its way.

I aggree with TallonKarrde about the "point of show" thing - At first I wanted Makishima to die, later I kinda started liking him, then I wanted for Sibyl to cease exist but at the same time I knew it couldnt....

also Kalisto
it may not be so but I think that from what Makishima said - "I wish you guys would stop insulting us already" - because someone who couldnt understand them was always interfering with him and Kougami, then when he tried to shoot he realized that she is quite like them since she managed to predict Makishima and took even number of bullets into consideration (at least I think it wasn't random). Since she was the same he let her live
--- in the end he also basically says that he is easily replacable to the society but is happy that he at least stays irreplacable enemy for Kougami --- (another reason why he didnt kill Akane maybe ?)

I aggree with thing about Saiga, there wasn't anything shown besides the fact that he helped Kougami get Makishima.

Also, thx for info on the book ^^ Didn't know that.

Also about next season - I saw information saying that new TV series etc will be "completely new works" - any idea what that means ??
TomzkkMar 9, 2014 12:58 PM

I've got a bad habit of clicking spoilers too fast, then regret it ..

"The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed."
Mar 15, 2014 11:11 PM

Jul 2008
I thought the ending was good.

So glad that Mika became an inspector!
Mar 20, 2014 6:08 PM

Aug 2012
anyone know when season 2 and the movie airs?
Pages (19) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

353 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
Yesterday, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

289 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
Yesterday, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

227 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
Yesterday, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

274 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
Yesterday, 10:12 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

567 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 4, 8:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.