Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2008 6:28 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode compared to last one starts with a bang! A coup d'etat at its best! It was one of officers that is with Idris Tytania.

So things move along and Fan Hyulick is being chased in the Honest Old Man by Tytania. To be precise I think they are Zalisch faction. Nothing new there until the ship fires some decoys I have never seen. Some sticky substance or something, it sticks to the objects and makes the radar think they are enemy ships. I find it interesting to see.

Fan Hyulick things a lot about Florenz with that wallet of his. They escape but at the same time something terrible happens that would be the whole Euria falling to Tytania altogether. Feel bad for Hulic cause he lost his money and that money came from Euria. Too bad.

It was nice to see Lydia since I took a like to her character last episode as you can see based on my screen shots in #9.

At first I though that the prostitute/waitress was Florenz disguised. I was wrong it was another person but she looked like Florenz.

The end pissed me off First the brother betrayed then no one did jack sh** to stop the stupid guards. Third is the worst if it's confirmed in the #11

1.Hulic/Dr.Lee/Miranda group pic before they launch the decoys.
2.Fan Hulic/the girl does not look to sure about this.

After subs thoughts

Euria falling was BS! I hated it! I hate it even more cause it was Berthier who sold them in the end for getting a position with Tytania. Although he is not trusted yet since he was the one who made Fan into who he is now.

Seeing the two friends of Fan Michael Valenkov and Louis Edmond Pages was cool once again.

Seeing that De Bohr sold Lira to Tytania was also to me a feeling of #$%#$%#$%#% you piece. It got me angrier more than before because he was very much trusted. The grandma being shot was not good at all once again and painful to even watch much less think what happened.

Interesting to know that the lady that looks like Lira actually comes from a rich family but her family lost all due to stupid Tytania. Which makes me think that Fan also just does not ignore that comment.
slayer545-samaDec 20, 2008 9:13 AM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 15, 2008 3:43 AM

Jun 2008
It was kinda predictable that they gonna kidnap that girl (Lira),anyway it was an average episode .
Dec 15, 2008 4:39 AM

Mar 2008
I liked it, like always.

Fan is really an interesting character. I like him more and more.
There is not too much happening each episode, but it's enjoyable nevertheless. I wonder, though, how it will continue from now on. At some point Fan has to stand up to Tytania, but I really can't imagine how that will happen. It's rather exciting at this point.

The little princess brings additional enjoyment to every episode right now.
Dec 15, 2008 6:54 AM

May 2008
Nice episode.
I was kind of surprised that De Bohr betrayed Lira, he seemed an nice guy. It seems we will finally see Fan kicking the ass of Tytania.

For some reason I am predicting the Clan lord being assassinated by Idris or the gay guy. Fan gathering an anti-tytania fleet and entering in war with tytania. Lydia,Ariabat and and Juslan discovering who assassinated the clan lord and maybe joining Fan. Of course the chance of all this happening is less that 10% >.<
Dec 15, 2008 7:00 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I didn't expect that bomb, I was pleasantly surprised when that thing blew up. I didn't expect De Bohr to sell Lira out either. If Fan can stay calm, I think Tytania got an even greater problem now lol.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 15, 2008 7:03 AM

Jan 2008
Based on the preview and title of the next episode, Hyulic will get serious. Still, finishing this up in 26 episodes...I fear a rushed ending.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Dec 15, 2008 12:14 PM

Oct 2008
Maybe there will be 2nd season?
Do you remember ED? There is a scene where Lira is tied-up by sth, maybe this means that Fan will fight against Tytania only on personal level, not Tytania as a whole.
Dec 15, 2008 12:57 PM

May 2008
I wonder how they will finish this since the novels were never finished
Dec 15, 2008 1:10 PM

Nov 2007
I really wish they'd stop showing Fan staring at that wallet. I don't remember Reinhard and his locket being anywhere near as bad.
Dec 15, 2008 1:54 PM

Aug 2008
Meh. I think that's all I can say. Nothing about this show is nearly as interesting as it should be.
Dec 15, 2008 2:50 PM

Jul 2008
There's still 16 episode left... They can finish it up without being rushed.

Tough when I started this serie my expectation were low but it turned out to be a good show.
Dec 15, 2008 3:10 PM
Dec 2007
Tytania is just as great as what I expected, scenaristically speaking at least. When I was just saying to myself that no one could ever capture Hyulick except if they capture Lila beforehand, it just happenend naturally in the episode like it was the most obvious (and in fact it was) thing in the world. The explosion trick in the beginning felt exactly like LOGH too, and I was certain the moment I saw the computer that it was a fake made to kill them. Well, maybe I just like Tytania because I'm able to understand everything that Yoshiki Tanaka has written, and in fact, I would have written exactly the same things. It seems so logical and normal to me it's scary.

Appart from that, the show is on its tracks for some episodes now, and I think it's developping well, going exactly where it should go and showing exactly what it should show, no more, no less. And the characters are great too, even if they are obviously less grandiose than Yang/Reinhard/Julian/Siegfried/Reuenthal etc...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 15, 2008 4:00 PM
Feb 2008
so this girl that they kidnapped is going to be the reason why fan pledges his allegiance towards tytania. you know what i just noticed, fan never had a reason to go to war with tytania, much like everyone else did.
Dec 16, 2008 12:16 AM

Aug 2008
1st, that (new colonel of Tytania) sold Euria to Tytania.
2nd, De Bohr sold Lira to Tytania. *Amazed.*

Seriously, Tytania is the silent killer anime this Fall 08'.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Dec 16, 2008 4:16 AM

Apr 2008
I think my problem is I had to high of expectations for this show. There have only been two good battles so far. The two involving Ariabart. There was some interesting strategizing. The other two battles boiled down to a large force squashing a smaller force.

I guess what I really want is to see Fan commanding a fleet against Tytania. I'm sure it will happen again but I was hoping for more than a small handful of really good battles.

I said right when the show started and I'll say it again. This show will probably be more enjoyable if you haven't seen LoGH before.

PS If you haven't seen Legend of the Galactic Heroes and you like Tytania, you should check out LoGH after this show is done.
Dec 16, 2008 11:49 AM

Mar 2008
Is it me, or has Jouslain's personality been changing in the last few episodes?
(not to mention it's already much different from what it looked like in the first couple of episodes)
Dec 16, 2008 4:49 PM

Sep 2008
I liked the episode. And I think Fan will not avoid combat like he did so far. Things are about to get interesting.
Also, I just love ED song.
Dec 16, 2008 8:10 PM

May 2007
I continue to like Fan and the Host Club women was fun with him.

I honestly don't trust Fan's two subordinates who just so happenly escaped from a prisioner came(especially with Lira's friend betraying her).
My anime list
Dec 16, 2008 8:32 PM

Jun 2007
Arcanus said:
(not to mention it's already much different from what it looked like in the first couple of episodes)

It has and there's most likely a reason behind it. Jouslain has a different goal in mind thats different from the other 3 generals.
Dec 17, 2008 9:53 PM

Aug 2008
Predictable episode all the way... the bomb, then the grandma getting shot...
Only good parts were the evasion tactic, Hyulic's guys, and Lydia.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Dec 18, 2008 9:42 AM
Dec 2007
DeathfireD said:
Arcanus said:

It has and there's most likely a reason behind it. Jouslain has a different goal in mind thats different from the other 3 generals.
Well, Ariabart seems to align with Jouslain to a certain degree, and has shown interest in seeing what he attempts to do. Zarlish on the other hand is a true meathead, who's only interested in getting some victories to boost his ego and position. So the two current forces are just Lord Jouslain (with the backing of Ariabart) and Lord Idris, with Lord Idriss attempting to trump everyone in achievements by trying to turn Tytania into an actual unrivaled power, under his rule of course . Lord Jouslain seems pacifist, but I'm curious to know exactly what his goal is.
mitamaking said:
I honestly don't trust Fan's two subordinates who just so happenly escaped from a prisioner came(especially with Lira's friend betraying her).
Indeed. Seems too convenient. That said, I'm sort of at odds with De Bohr's betrayal. Did he gave up on his ideals, or did he hated the fact Lydia liked Fan to the point where he would sink so low as to rat her out?

Dec 18, 2008 10:28 PM

Dec 2007
Oh wow, this episode was predictable as I thought. I am not surprised that there are betrayal moments in that episode. I am more interested in Fan's reaction to Lira.
Dec 18, 2008 10:38 PM

Sep 2007
Eh. Saw the bomb at the beginning coming from a mile away. And I'm just going to guess that the whole "Two comrades show up out of nowhere to hang out with Hyulen" is also a trap.

Hopefully Lira getting captured will get Hyulun to actually do something.
Dec 19, 2008 11:19 AM
Jun 2007
Finally, finally, Fan has some motivation to use that brain of his against Tytania. I kind off got tired seeing him just loafing around the ship and chatting with some of the crew. >_>
Dec 19, 2008 1:48 PM

Aug 2008
Avarice said:
Finally, finally, Fan has some motivation to use that brain of his against Tytania. I kind off got tired seeing him just loafing around the ship and chatting with some of the crew. >_>
Putting it that way, it looks like the plot is going to suck. Hard.
"Tytania? Meh. Wait, they kidnapped my crush? JIHAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Such a deep character.

Dec 19, 2008 2:12 PM
Dec 2007
JadeMatrix said:
Avarice said:
Putting it that way, it looks like the plot is going to suck. Hard.
"Tytania? Meh. Wait, they kidnapped my crush? JIHAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Such a deep character.
I don't think he's going to go that way. He's been having second thoughts about whether to keep running or stand for quite a while now, and people like Lee are trying to make him face the truth that Tytania will never leave him alone, since he's the last blemish left on their present record (everyone else who stood up have been forcibly taken down). I actually never liked their captain too much (and it's not just her looks), because she's almost always fostered Fan's indifference with the current situation with Tytania.

Anyway, my thoughts? Something else will happen that will force Fan against the wall entirely (Lyria's capture will likely make him doubt, but he seemed to still be troubled next episode, so it's not like he just went "I have to save her" at the news).

Dec 19, 2008 4:15 PM

Aug 2008
Leon-Gun said:
JadeMatrix said:
Avarice said:
Finally, finally...
"...JIHAAAAAAAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I don't think he's going to go that way....
Anyway, my thoughts? Something else will happen that will force Fan against the wall entirely (Lyria's capture will likely make him doubt, but he seemed to still be troubled next episode, so it's not like he just went "I have to save her" at the news).
I hope so *optimism*
Eh, I was exaggerating anyways.

Dec 19, 2008 6:45 PM
Dec 2007
JadeMatrix said:
Leon-Gun said:
JadeMatrix said:
Avarice said:
Finally, finally...
I hope so *optimism*
Hehe, it is quite fine really. The idea did cross my mind and I'm somewhat dreading the possibility, because so far everything has this grand feel to it, and making Fan's involvement into something as lowly as "hey, they took my gf !" would be a little dull. I at least would like Fan to realize there's a lot riding on his shoulders, whether he likes it or not (like Dr. Lee said).

Dec 19, 2008 7:49 PM

Nov 2008
Leon-Gun said:
JadeMatrix said:
Leon-Gun said:
JadeMatrix said:
Avarice said:
Finally, finally...
I hope so *optimism*
Hehe, it is quite fine really. The idea did cross my mind and I'm somewhat dreading the possibility, because so far everything has this grand feel to it, and making Fan's involvement into something as lowly as "hey, they took my gf !" would be a little dull. I at least would like Fan to realize there's a lot riding on his shoulders, whether he likes it or not (like Dr. Lee said).

I wonder if Dr. Lee will become a sort of strategy officer with Fan? He seems to be calculating type and may I add *cold* as in his personality.
Dec 19, 2008 8:18 PM
Dec 2007
slayer545-sama said:

I wonder if Dr. Lee will become a sort of strategy officer with Fan? He seems to be calculating type and may I add *cold* as in his personality.
He seems to be the typical person for that role. As a matter of fact, he already acted in a similar matter with the pirates, as he adviced them to not gather and instead to keep the strong and scattered guerrilla warfare, but he was ignored by the idiots.

Dec 19, 2008 9:13 PM

Nov 2008
Leon-Gun said:
slayer545-sama said:

He seems to be the typical person for that role. As a matter of fact, he already acted in a similar matter with the pirates, as he adviced them to not gather and instead to keep the strong and scattered guerrilla warfare, but he was ignored by the idiots.

Indeed and if so then he must be smart enough to see that Fan is indeed worthy to take on Tytania but he see that Fan may have certain internal conflicts. I wonder if Dr.Lee will be able to find out about how to make Fan use his brains against Tytania. Perhaps Florenz will play a role into it somehow or she dies and Fan get EMO pissed at Tytania.
Dec 21, 2008 10:37 PM

Feb 2008
Excellent episode I'd say.
Dec 28, 2008 5:17 AM

Dec 2008
I didn't like Fan much at first, because he made the impression of someone who has nothing that is sacred to him, but he's slowly growing on me as I see how much Lyra means to him. All those little things which indicate how much he misses her and that only she could bring him back to normal, it's so human and I can perfectly relate to that. T_T

At the end of the episode, when that woman asked Fan what that girl (Lyra) is doing right now and he answered "Probably living a happy life.", it made me think.
When you are separated from the one you love and unhappy, you automatically tend to think that that person is probably having a good time, when actually the opposite might be the case. *sigh* Hmpf... especially if you leave that person just so he/she may live happily without you... it's wishful thinking. He/she will most likely be just as unhappy as you.
Nov 5, 2009 10:17 PM

Jul 2008
uh-ho, she was taken captive, this can't be good
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 19, 2013 9:25 PM

Nov 2009
Was wondering where Hyulick's friends went . . . Was kind of odd that they just disappeared like that. Anyways, looks like the second half of the series is going to be a "rescue the damsel in distress" type of series? Cause I really hope not.
Jan 31, 2014 8:10 PM

Nov 2011

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tytania Episode 26 Discussion

skriticos - Mar 31, 2009

49 by oooo3333 »»
May 3, 2022 2:36 PM

Poll: » Tytania Episode 20 Discussion

noteDhero - Mar 13, 2009

21 by Cnon »»
Feb 22, 2021 1:58 PM

Poll: » Tytania Episode 21 Discussion

cyruz - Mar 20, 2009

25 by Accelerator48 »»
Oct 22, 2020 6:34 AM

» Does the anime cover the entirety of the novels?

Rarestar - Jun 1, 2019

2 by Roloko »»
Jun 28, 2020 6:56 PM

Poll: » Tytania Episode 17 Discussion

Faust721 - Feb 14, 2009

21 by Gundam_Sage »»
Feb 5, 2019 9:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.