Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 13, 2013 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
>Idea
>Idea
>Idea

Gotta love Tokiwa this episode tbh. Not too much happened this episode imo but still enjoyable. Kawaiii:

Oh and I thought the girls' outfits looked nice. Batons :3
Mar 13, 2013 9:23 AM

Sep 2012
Not too much happened? Just the baton performance in uniform has a lot to see. We also have a lot of Midori and her interactions with other people. And we have the new development from Choi at the end of the episode. BTW the sakuga/animation in this episode is pretty good. And the uniform they wear at the stage performance looks great.

symbvMar 13, 2013 10:23 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 13, 2013 3:45 PM

Oct 2010
Kind of a boring episode to be honest, especially since I'm not Midori's biggest fan. The costumes were really cute though. Dera in the performance was my favorite part. I hope Mochizou confesses in the last episode and solves this whole prince's bride thing. He's too cute.
merurinMar 13, 2013 3:49 PM
Mar 13, 2013 3:51 PM

Sep 2012
Cute. Very, very cute.
Mar 13, 2013 3:57 PM

Jan 2013
I enjoyed this episode it reminded me of my elementary school days when I took a Baton twirling class. Besides the general feeling of nostalgia I found the episode sweet. I wish things would progress a little faster since there aren't too many more episodes to come. I look forward to seeing how Tamako will react to Choi's revelation next episode.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Mar 13, 2013 3:59 PM

Aug 2011
Midori: I'm feeling kind of like... happy!
Tamako and Kanna: ..!!! Oooohhh! Happy!!!

Sometimes this show makes me facepalm.
Mar 13, 2013 4:22 PM

Nov 2012
yeah pretty boring overall. also what grade are they in? high school? cause if they are they really dont act like it. also what was the point of hinting that midori has feelings for tamako if they never do anything with it? or hint at any kind of romance?

why was most of the episode about midori worrying about the choreography and when it came time to show us what they learned they hardly show us anything at all? i believe that is the definition of the word pointless story arc.

and at the end choi tells tamako that she is to be the prince's bride. something we all saw coming. and im pretty sure we can all guess how that arc is gonna end. tamako doesnt end up marrying the prince and convinces the prince or choi they should get married, choi and the prince thank her, dera says goodbye and leaves. then itll probably show us the market place after hes left and shows that everyone misses him. then one day all of a sudden, surprise, its dera. then they all go back to all their crazy shenanigans, oh the hilarity.

also why have the mother dead? i mean, again whats the point? they hardly do anything with this story, so why kill her in the first place?
Mar 13, 2013 4:31 PM

Feb 2012
Dem uniforms were cute.

Also, right angles!

volt79 said:
yeah pretty boring overall. also what grade are they in? high school? cause if they are they really dont act like it. also what was the point of hinting that midori has feelings for tamako if they never do anything with it? or hint at any kind of romance?

why was most of the episode about midori worrying about the choreography and when it came time to show us what they learned they hardly show us anything at all? i believe that is the definition of the word pointless story arc.

and at the end choi tells tamako that she is to be the prince's bride. something we all saw coming. and im pretty sure we can all guess how that arc is gonna end. tamako doesnt end up marrying the prince and convinces the prince or choi they should get married, choi and the prince thank her, dera says goodbye and leaves. then itll probably show us the market place after hes left and shows that everyone misses him. then one day all of a sudden, surprise, its dera. then they all go back to all their crazy shenanigans, oh the hilarity.

also why have the mother dead? i mean, again whats the point? they hardly do anything with this story, so why kill her in the first place?
You are expecting too much 'story' in a SOL/comedy.

It's like asking why ( going by your list )

Answer: Because it's a comedy/sol.
Mar 13, 2013 4:35 PM

Nov 2012
Could be worst episode for me so far, just seemed quite random and weird.

At least we finally get to Choi telling Tamako she is the bride. I wonder about the whole deal with the mole on the neck that Choi was gasping over since Tamoko's mom had the same exact mole.
Mar 13, 2013 4:50 PM

Aug 2011
"Silence is also a part of music"

Maybe the most thoughtful sentence so far.

dat Dera dance
Mar 13, 2013 4:57 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Say what?!

;)
Mar 13, 2013 5:08 PM

Feb 2012
Well this one was boring, but the ending was nice I guess.

All that is left to see is who will pick Tamako up, the Prince, or Mochizou.
Mar 13, 2013 5:11 PM
Jun 2008
I heard rumor saying that the female director of this Anime has dark mole on the neck .This sound like as if she was making a Cinderella dream come true from her own Anime lol
Mar 13, 2013 5:13 PM
Jul 2018
I actually thought this was my favorite episode. I mean, Kyoto Animation did say Midori has some romantic feelings towards Tamako on the official site (hence why she sort of freaked in episode 5), so I was actually glad that the had at least an episode of Tamako X Midori and not Tamako X Mochizou like they always do. Plot wise, it kind of reminds me of episode 11 of K-On! season 1...

Adding on, I thought that there was some great character development for Midori and Shiori (they basically re-created the bathroom scene, except in the opposite direction).

I highly doubt Kyoto Animation will make Tamako marry the prince with out actually knowing a single thing about him (he seems cute, so maybe it's a good match?). I think Midori would beat someone up if that happens o____o , and I'd feel so bad for Mochizou, even if I wouldn't prefer him to match up with Tamako at the end.
Mar 13, 2013 5:20 PM

May 2012
OMFG
tamako and the prince?!
i cant omg
it should be Tamako and Ooji not the Ouji fff
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Mar 13, 2013 5:22 PM

Aug 2011
Still waiting for Tamako x Midori
Mar 13, 2013 5:25 PM

Nov 2007
School festival planning. Energetic friend of Tamako who does the planning cannot think of anything to the extend that she got depressed. lol @ the bird dancing to cheer her up.

That mole on her neck is the proof?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 13, 2013 5:26 PM

Nov 2011
I guess Mochizou will take center stage from now on.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 13, 2013 5:32 PM
Oct 2010
good ep. was hoping choi would join in dance D:
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 13, 2013 5:45 PM

Aug 2008
Where is Ooji in the preview???

Tamako's mom also has a mole in the neck :O
Mar 13, 2013 6:03 PM
Feb 2013
HIs life is ruined
Mar 13, 2013 6:29 PM

Sep 2011
That chicken... bird dancing is the best part.
Mar 13, 2013 6:30 PM

May 2012
I would have given anything to see Mochizou's movie.
Mar 13, 2013 6:30 PM

Jan 2011
Dafaq was this?! Midori focused episode again :/,the amount of screentime Shiori gets is depressing but at least there's Kana to make up for it.

Mole plot point.
Mar 13, 2013 6:39 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:
Midori: I'm feeling kind of like... happy!
Tamako and Kanna: ..!!! Oooohhh! Happy!!!

Sometimes this show makes me facepalm.

Well said. It's an entertaining and cute show and all, but what o_O Someone said it, but they definitely don't really act like high schoolers, at least not all the time.

This episode was nice though. Midori's got really good friends, but then again, I don't think there's any unlikable characters in this show ^^ I love the paper cup scene with Mochizou and Tamako~ Such adorable childhood friends.
Mar 13, 2013 6:56 PM

Jan 2013
Rexzazel said:

I agree. Mochizou had the best part of this episode and it was only for less than a minute or so. Cute how tamako was worried about him.
Mar 13, 2013 7:27 PM

Nov 2007
Rexzazel said:

You weren't the only one buddy. For now, let's cherish this.

Also, everyone should have a policy or two like Kanna. :D

shanimebibMar 13, 2013 7:30 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 13, 2013 7:37 PM

Feb 2010
Easily the best episode since the haunted house episode. Had loads of short but genuinely adorable scenes. I do wish Mochizou had more screentime though.
Mar 13, 2013 7:57 PM

Jan 2013
Not the best episode.
But, it was cute I suppose.
There's always a tease of plot development at the end.
It doesn't seem it will go anywhere dramatic.

Also, interesting cuts during this episode.
Mar 13, 2013 8:01 PM

May 2012
onewhodreamt said:
HIs life is ruined

this makes me laugh.. i think the whole ep i lol..

when tama is talking about mochi

the cry scene suppose to be drama but its funny..
midori really reminds me of ritsu this ep..

Mar 13, 2013 8:10 PM

May 2012
shanimebib said:
Rexzazel said:

You weren't the only one buddy. For now, let's cherish this.

Also, everyone should have a policy or two like Kanna. :D

Thank you sir, I will hold this picture dear to me.
Mar 13, 2013 8:26 PM

Nov 2008
Finally some plot! But from the preview it does not seem like there is going to be much development.
Mar 13, 2013 8:55 PM

Aug 2012
Rexzazel said:
Mar 13, 2013 9:06 PM

Feb 2013
i like the outfits but other than that my least favorite ep on to next week
Mar 13, 2013 9:08 PM

Jun 2009
Kung Fu...

Falling from Clock Tower...

Project A?! Jackie Chan?! (One of his most famous stunt)

AirStylesMar 13, 2013 9:14 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2013 10:08 PM

May 2011
Ehhh... boring episode. Tamako and Anko are the only ones I care about.

Some twirling and incompetent blondie... yawn.

WTF, the mole has significance? NOOOOOOO. Tamako isn't the prince's bride!! NOOOOO!!!!
Mar 13, 2013 10:49 PM

Sep 2012
volt79 said:
yeah pretty boring overall. also what grade are they in? high school? cause if they are they really dont act like it.
They don't like like the high school in your country and city, but that does not mean they do not act like high school students in some Japanese town.

volt79 said:
what was the point of hinting that midori has feelings for tamako if they never do anything with it? or hint at any kind of romance?
I thought you don't mind character and relationship development, no? When you develop friendship with your classmate, do you ask what the point it is?

volt79 said:
I believe your complaint is the definition of pointless complaining. The episode's focus is clearly to highlight the process of Midori going through the angst and worry about preparing the choreography and how she found friendship and bonding in the process. The result is not the main point. The point is how to show what kind of great choreography she and her friends came up at last, but the process that everyone took to achieve that.

volt79 said:
I guess you did not watch the last episode, did you? Or you watched but did not think why it has to "do anything with this story" -- the story is never about the prince finding a wife. At most that is just one of the many elements of the story. The real main story is about the various things in the daily life for the characters in the neighborhood and school, which may look small but are all noteworthy in their own way for the people involved, and here Tamako's father's story is in fact serving a key point.
symbvMar 13, 2013 11:15 PM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 13, 2013 11:19 PM

Aug 2012
The ED song really sets te mood for.. well, it made my episode fine again.
Mar 13, 2013 11:36 PM
Sep 2012
Meh episode, imo.

The bird dance was sort of funny and all the girls did look cute in their outfits. I guessed that Tamako was the bride they've been looking for several episodes ago.
Mar 13, 2013 11:38 PM

Sep 2012
AiCon said:
Meh episode, imo.
I see you are no fan of Midori.

Mar 14, 2013 12:03 AM
Nov 2012
The new formula of less bird and when there is bird he's actually ok, is working very well for me.
Mar 14, 2013 12:09 AM

Jul 2011
Haha Tamako's reaction was priceless.

and finally. I wonder how she will respond to that.
Mar 14, 2013 12:13 AM

Sep 2012
Mumble200 said:
The new formula of less bird and when there is bird he's actually ok, is working very well for me.
Thank goodness for Choi's arrival to put that bird in its place.

Mar 14, 2013 12:18 AM

Jul 2011
symbv said:
Mumble200 said:

Exactly. And yes, thank goodness for choi.
And she actually did her job in less time than him.
Mar 14, 2013 12:34 AM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
AiCon said:
Meh episode, imo.
I see you are no fan of Midori.
It's not that. It that it wasn't that interesting as the previous episode.
Mar 14, 2013 12:35 AM
Sep 2012
MoonxArtemis said:
symbv said:
Mumble200 said:

Exactly. And yes, thank goodness for choi.
And she actually did her job in less time than him.
Total agreement here. That bird really was annoying before Choi arrived. At least now he can be actually funny when he's bullied by Choi.
Mar 14, 2013 12:40 AM

Jan 2013
Rexzazel said:

I second that, I feel like this episode was completely wasted on Tokiwa. The episode, however, was not entirely bad.
Mar 14, 2013 1:05 AM

Nov 2011
Choi... apparently isn't too observant, having just now noticed that mole.
Mar 14, 2013 1:37 AM

Sep 2010
AirStyles said:
Kung Fu...

Falling from Clock Tower...

Project A?! Jackie Chan?! (One of his most famous stunt)

I noticed that too.
Mar 14, 2013 1:51 AM

Sep 2012
I got my Mawaru Mawaru Record~ for the week so I can't complain.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2013

175 by bakakisima »»
Yesterday, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 6, 2013

179 by bakakisima »»
Yesterday, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2013

365 by Estefan »»
Mar 19, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2013

219 by HyperNova06 »»
Jan 24, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2013

224 by katakumplat »»
Jan 7, 12:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.