Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 9, 2013 8:17 PM

Oct 2012
wtf? how did wakaba get that umbrella from out of nowhere

^ Why isn't this updating...
Mar 10, 2013 11:19 AM

Oct 2011
winter_mint said:
looks like everyone is taking a like into Wakaba x Himawari :) Wakaba x Momo is fine too xD here's a question. why cant the other 2 members combine into another vivid when Akane and one of them is combined? @@ Hey gramps should start implementing that!

I don't know why they can't any Vivid combos without Akane,probably has something to do with that accident she went through as a kid or whatever.

I'm just going to make up some BS reason:
It saves A-1 money.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Mar 10, 2013 12:37 PM

Jan 2012
JeddyVII said:

I don't know why they can't any Vivid combos without Akane,probably has something to do with that accident she went through as a kid or whatever.

I'm just going to make up some BS reason:
It saves A-1 money.

I too was thinking about the reason why the show doesn't uses more Vivid combinations, and I'd place my bet on the assumption that the writers themselves doesn't really know what to do with the series enough to give it a more fleshed out content, so they just rely on the motto of "just go with it" when it comes to go in-depth with the technological aspects in the show's world. The show already dodged the explanations when Akane was able to combine with total strangers with no problem, when it was clearly stated that the participants must know each other well, and as it was noticable some episodes ago, it was never explained why the other girls couldn't combine with each other, and the girls themselves didn't even questioned the reason behind this. Or heck, there is no passable explanation about how total strangers too know how to handle Vivid abilities and such right from the get-go, and for a recent example, it wasn't mentioned at all that Akane's Vivid weapon can double as a jet engine (and asspull) of sorts.

In a more pessimistic tone I would further assume that the writers know too well that ass shots and yuri undertones will propably sell the series either way so they don't even try to invest more work on the story department, so it would be "understandable" how the writing turned to be lazy so far.
Mar 10, 2013 2:52 PM

May 2012
Did no one watch the episodes and notice that ALL the keys came from Akane? So it'd only make sense that they can only dock with Akane. I really don't get why people continue to be confused on this...

As for Rei...she's just really really gullible. Like, to the max. They destroyed her world for a reason, and they're not going to backpedal and resurrect it after getting rid of another world for another reason.

A great WakabaxHimawari episode~ Yeah, the art took a hit, but hopefully that's the last we see of that. And they even continued shipping Akane and Aoi ~

Kinda worried Rei might get inbetween Akane and Aoi, but maybe Momo will save their relationship?
Mar 11, 2013 6:01 AM

Dec 2012
This eps's quality is dropped dramatically compared to previous ones. I'm disappointed
Mar 11, 2013 6:33 AM

Sep 2012
Dodgers20 said:
I too was thinking about the reason why the show doesn't uses more Vivid combinations, and I'd place my bet on the assumption that the writers themselves doesn't really know what to do with the series enough to give it a more fleshed out content, so they just rely on the motto of "just go with it" when it comes to go in-depth with the technological aspects in the show's world.
I would say that if this anime is more than one cour long, then it will be much more likely we see more Vivid combinations.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 12, 2013 11:00 AM

Sep 2012
agent535 said:
piss bottles.
i know a lot of viewers think of the same thing too. in fact, i'd say it's pretty obvious.
Find something that Himawari probably possesses already

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 13, 2013 7:49 AM

Apr 2011
symbv said:
agent535 said:
piss bottles.
i know a lot of viewers think of the same thing too. in fact, i'd say it's pretty obvious.

What the heck!? I didn't know that thing existed...Doesn't Himawari's apartment have a comfort room?

And those bottles. They could be juice...ya know
Mar 13, 2013 8:02 AM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
agent535 said:
piss bottles.

I love that this product is unisex (at least I assume that's what the 男女 means).

Magito said:

What the heck!? I didn't know that thing existed...Doesn't Himawari's apartment have a comfort room?

Small aircraft pilots have had various versions of this forever. You spend 5 hours in a small Cessna, sometimes you just gotta go. Can't exactly pull over and go in the bushes hahaha.
Mar 17, 2013 12:16 PM

Jan 2011
This episode was a decent watch, although it's not troll-like as the previous ones. Hopefully the next episode will troll me more.
UtsukushiiYume said:
Adair said:
The amount of budget wasted on this show is ridiculous.

+1
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 17, 2013 12:28 PM

Sep 2012
MasterMeNL said:
Adair said:
The amount of budget wasted on this show is ridiculous.
+1
No, the correct way to say it is "The amount of opportunity wasted on this show is ridiculous". As for budget, considering a large part of it may have been spent on sakuga, animation, sound and other technical stuff, I won't call it wasted as we can see the high quality achieved on those aspects.
symbvMar 17, 2013 12:33 PM

Mar 24, 2013 8:51 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty good episode.
It's surprisingly interesting and not as boring as I would think spending most of the episode modeling would be.
Mar 31, 2013 8:02 AM

Jan 2012
I don't usually hate fillers, but not if they are gonna fill it as boring as this -.-
Apr 4, 2013 12:56 AM

Nov 2011
Pfft, anybody who's ever been around seagulls knows they're never that pleasant. Although it was funny to see Rei just standing around and making small talk like some incidental character.
May 14, 2013 7:24 PM

Feb 2013
GuiltyKing said:
Now it's going nowhere with random ass-shots and friendship crap.
Um... "friendship crap"?... this is magical girl after-all...

This episode was about what I expected. After the previous one, I figured we were due for a friendship-focused one. With only 3 left, I would expect the "final battle" to begin.

So far this show is following the magical-girl stereotype perfectly (almost mockingly so)... I hope that doesn't stop.
Mar 1, 2014 1:09 AM

Aug 2013
Random guys hit on Himawari.
Wakaba uses Death Stare.
It's super effective!

Baka Wakaba! Baka Wakaba! Baka Wakaba! Tongue twister :3
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 11, 2014 4:40 PM

May 2012
A really cute friendship episode and well those two certainly are lovely :3 Let's see what's next!
Dec 31, 2015 4:03 PM
Dec 2014
I quite enjoyed the shoujo ai subtleties in this episode. Moe, as always.
Dec 20, 2019 12:13 PM

Dec 2018
Awww Wakaba Honey!! You are my lesbian warrior princess!! Protecting your girlfriend from stupid males!

Wonder what their fucking problem is!! Leave MY lesbians angels alone you assholes!!! She like cute girls!! Not ugly males!!! Get the fuck away from her! Before her girlfriend cuts you!!

Yuri-CrusaderDec 20, 2019 12:18 PM
Jan 30, 2020 9:22 PM

Feb 2014
Aww I was hoping that the friendship power between Bakawakaba and Himawari would allow them to dock :o

I wish the battles weren't so rushed I wanna see more badass sci-fi magical girl fights!!!

Also not to be shady but...Himawari-chan is the one calling Rei-chan a weirdo when shes's the one who bought whole year tour tickets...to the same factory? I'm not gonna judge either of them but lol xD
Noodle070Jan 30, 2020 9:49 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2021 11:50 PM

Feb 2020
Wakaba and Himawari were so cute together. ^_^

Adorable episode.
Mar 30, 2022 6:39 AM

Aug 2018
Yeah, not every time smile is the best looking thing.. And glad that anime said that.. There is beauty in many things besides smile, really.. Like serious beauty.. Stoic beauty.. Sad beauty.. Chaotic beauty.. Vivid beauty.. Many things, really..
Sweet that Himawari treasures Wakaba's hair pins old present..
And now Himawari will get to visit factories she likes.. ;P
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

207 by Azullion1 »»
Oct 30, 2022 11:11 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

bippo - Mar 28, 2013

170 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 9:10 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

115 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 8:26 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

84 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 7:34 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

79 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 29, 2022 12:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.