Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 7, 2013 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lmao Wakaba. So tough with those glares.

I lol'd @ Himawari many times this episode. She's almost like a brat this episode imo. The fight was okay I guess. FINAL OPERATION! You mad, Rei? Ya, she should be.
Mar 7, 2013 6:32 PM

Jan 2013
Well I thought we would be seeing a new vivid form since this episode focused on the friendship of Wakaba and Himawari, but it was 95% filler, 4% action, and 1% Rei naked ass shot at the end. It was a good episode though.
Mar 7, 2013 7:04 PM

Aug 2012
Wakaba #1 bodyguard, forces Himawari to wear cute clothes and scare all the men away.
XenoiMar 7, 2013 7:07 PM
Mar 7, 2013 8:03 PM
Jul 2018
Well I was hoping for a longer alone fight but I guess not LOL. Enjoyed it anyways. I have a felling a 4-way-docking is coming at the end LOL.

Good Cute Wakaba Episode Anyways.
Mar 7, 2013 8:45 PM

Jan 2009
even if Wakaba is a tomboy she still very hot as a girl damn...
Mar 7, 2013 9:05 PM

Jul 2011
Xenoi said:
Wakaba #1 bodyguard, forces Himawari to wear cute clothes and scare all the men away.

I thought that was really cute and cool. She feels very protective of her cute friend.
And Himawarii was really cute, with her "bodyguard/butler" Wakaba. The thought of how she thought of the Pins Wakaba gave her as precious was really cute and heartwarming too.

SO this episode was mostly about Wakaba's and Himawari's friendship. I loved it.

We got to see very little of Akane and Aoi but it was alright.

Stark700 said:

----------------------------------------
Lmao Wakaba. So tough with those glares.

I lol'd @ Himawari many times this episode. She's almost like a brat this episode imo. The fight was okay I guess. FINAL OPERATION! You mad, Rei? Ya, she should be.

I don't think Rei is a bad person. She is just focused on getting her parents and her planet back. If destroying the engine will bring the parents and the planet back, wouldn't you do this yourself if given the chance??

And well I guess, we don't know what would happen if the engine would be destroyed. There just wouldn't be electricity and whatnot right? I dnt even know.

But I will wait patiently to find out.

Anyways back to the episode. So REi only has 4 chances. And i think there is only 3 episodes left.
And I'm guessing we won't see VividRed Opeartion until the very end. maybe a VividRainbow?? haha jk.
Mar 7, 2013 9:10 PM
Sep 2012
Himawari turning Wakaba into her own personal slave for the day. LOL
Mar 7, 2013 10:17 PM

May 2012
This episode was expected, I knew that there was going to be a Wakaba Himawari episode. Next episode and forward will have more action.
Mar 7, 2013 11:07 PM

Mar 2013
>Entire episode just for Yellow and Green

HELL YEAH THIS IS AWESOME

Yellow best girl :I
Mar 7, 2013 11:07 PM

Nov 2011
Oh please, everybody knows you can't be Sexy and beautiful at the same time.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 8, 2013 1:26 AM

Aug 2010
Damn.... Himawari's moe.... my body wasn't ready for this......

But really, they should advance the plot, they are slowly running out of time.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Mar 8, 2013 2:21 AM

Oct 2009
Pairing Bonding episode!

So this time its Aoi x Akane and Wakaba x Himawari.
Seriously I thought Green and Yellow would docking with each other in this episode.
Apparently this would not happen..

And we still left out in the dark about Alone and Rei motives..
I'm afraid they will put the finale as OVA or Movies.

Oh yeah, this is the first time I noticed that their school has boys too, lol.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Mar 8, 2013 2:26 AM

Sep 2011
azzuRe said:

The school has boys? O crap I hope they don't have to wear lycra pants as well! That would be unpleasent :S
Mar 8, 2013 2:41 AM

Nov 2012
yellow is so moe!

“Fools who don’t respect the past are likely to repeat it.” – Nico Robin
Mar 8, 2013 3:00 AM

Jan 2012
himawari at her cutest lol. her relation with wakaba seems lively lol.. also she is so full of energy when talking about factory and such lol... such an otaku of course lol
Mar 8, 2013 3:43 AM

Sep 2012
Himawari is so moe in this episode and she is cuter than Akane.
Mar 8, 2013 7:07 AM

Jan 2013
lol this was pretty good for a filler episode. Good lord Himawari was so demanding.
Mar 8, 2013 7:10 AM
Jan 2010
losing. budget. at. an. alarming. rate.
Mar 8, 2013 7:36 AM

Apr 2011
An awesome Himawari x Wakaba episode!

I lol at Wakaba giving those guts the stare. The men turned white! And I lol at Himawari-chan getting revenge at Wakaba to turning her into a servant for a day.

Himawari-chan is absolutely cute, but Wakaba is one fine babe as well. Tomboyish characters can be charming at times.

And damn at Rei's hot ass! And dem lowl budget screenies
Mar 8, 2013 9:48 AM
Feb 2009
this ep really gave wakaba alot of merits
oblivious is a bliss
Mar 8, 2013 10:04 AM

Oct 2009
scruffykiwi said:
azzuRe said:

The school has boys? O crap I hope they don't have to wear lycra pants as well! That would be unpleasent :S

looks comfortable enough, unlike *cough* hotpants *cough* thank god.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Mar 8, 2013 10:12 AM

Nov 2011
MoonxArtemis said:
I don't think Rei is a bad person. She is just focused on getting her parents and her planet back. If destroying the engine will bring the parents and the planet back, wouldn't you do this yourself if given the chance??

And well I guess, we don't know what would happen if the engine would be destroyed. There just wouldn't be electricity and whatnot right? I dnt even know.

Anyways back to the episode. So REi only has 4 chances. And i think there is only 3 episodes left.
And I'm guessing we won't see VividRed Opeartion until the very end. maybe a VividRainbow?? haha jk.

Well, given certain circumstances, I don't think she's a bad person yet. It's just that her intentions and what she has been doing is considered to be 'bad'. Also, there's no proof yet that the destruction of the Manifestation Engine will bring her parents back, was there?

I will guess that some catastrophe will happen or at the very least, the place won't look like a paradise as much it as been. Regarding Rei's plan, I got a feeling that everything she's been doing will be revealed very soon, maybe next episode.
Mar 8, 2013 11:20 AM
Nov 2012
Stark700 said:
MoonxArtemis said:

Well, given certain circumstances, I don't think she's a bad person yet. It's just that her intentions and what she has been doing is considered to be 'bad'. Also, there's no proof yet that the destruction of the Manifestation Engine will bring her parents back, was there?

I will guess that some catastrophe will happen or at the very least, the place won't look like a paradise as much it as been. Regarding Rei's plan, I got a feeling that everything she's been doing will be revealed very soon, maybe next episode.

They've only got three episodes left so next episode is a good guess.
Mar 8, 2013 11:31 AM

Sep 2012
Shoujo Ai episode is pairing.
Mar 8, 2013 1:00 PM

Apr 2010
azzuRe said:
scruffykiwi said:
azzuRe said:

looks comfortable enough, unlike *cough* hotpants *cough* thank god.
It was mentioned that there where boys in the school in a previous episode when they where talking about the school trip they said that the boys would be going to a mountain and the girls would be going to a island.
Tho this was also the first episode i noticed a boy in that school and lets be honest here most of us aren't watching this anime to notice the boys in there school.
I have to say that those boys sure are lucky with the girls walking around with those tight pants.
Mar 8, 2013 1:04 PM
Feb 2012
Just add yuri to it. That way the show would have at least *some* purpose. Now it's going nowhere with random ass-shots and friendship crap.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 8, 2013 2:05 PM

Jul 2012
wailofthebanshee said:

I thought I was the only one who noticed. Thank you A-1, for your beautiful and consistent quality.

You know, I could forgive this for being a bit more of a distance shot, but..

The only thing moving there is Akane's mouth..
Mar 8, 2013 3:21 PM

Aug 2012
ihateeveryone said:

The fight scenes are awfully predictable and there's QUALITY everywhere. The only thing going for the show is the character development.
Mar 8, 2013 3:23 PM

Feb 2012
So many still shots. Overall the quality has been going down these past few eps.

It's as if they spent 90% of the budget on the transformation sequences and battles and left the rest of the show to interns.

A-1 really need to stop picking up so many shows otherwise they'll be the next J.C ( Though you could say they already are at this point )
YveseMar 8, 2013 3:28 PM
Mar 8, 2013 3:36 PM

Feb 2011

Just sayin .________.
Mar 8, 2013 3:40 PM

Nov 2011
The score in this episode was particularly good. Liked the sad piano version of the theme song, and also the piece of music right before Wakaba and Himawari transform.
Mar 8, 2013 3:48 PM

Jul 2012
BrownSlush said:
ihateeveryone said:

I don't really have a choice, just saying. I'm on my XP since my laptop is being repaired, and I can't download .mkv 720p videos without them lagging. (The sound and video will be off.) My only choices are 480p .mkv or 720p .mp4 or .avi. Thankfully DeadFish has those so.
Mar 8, 2013 4:19 PM

Jul 2012
Himawari is kawaii. This was a fun episode. Why? I got to make my very first "Hall of Derps!"

Mar 8, 2013 4:51 PM

Jun 2008
Maybe am the strange one but i would have hit at Wakaba and ignore Himawari. And she was hotter with her casual shirt and jean shorts. Love simple clothes like that in a young girl. They elevate her youthfulness.
Lol i guess that would have surprised Wakaba.

wailofthebanshee said:

Indeed. The artwork went to hell in this episode.
Mar 8, 2013 5:27 PM

Feb 2012
It felt like they just squished in that battle scene. The episode would have been fine without it.

A-1 pictures will be getting all kinds of money on little girls, all kinds.
Mar 8, 2013 5:38 PM

Nov 2011
Monad said:
Maybe am the strange one but i would have hit at Wakaba and ignore Himawari. And she was hotter with her casual shirt and jean shorts. Love simple clothes like that in a young girl. They elevate her youthfulness.

wailofthebanshee said:

The Wakaba voice is also growing on me after I initially thought it was a bit weird. I also appreciate that they wear different clothes. I know it's a fanservice thing, but it's also more realistic - not that I need realism in a show like this, it's just nice to see them wear different clothes when they aren't at school.

And regarding the animation quality in this episode - I hope symbv sees this post - I wonder if this wasn't something they did on the fly because of the initial popularity of Himawari. Like if Wakaba turned out to be the most popular character then it would have been about her in different outfits looking all kawaii. So they saved this episode until they knew who was the most popular girl, and hence the quality was relatively bad. Just a dumb theory I thought of because of what was said in previous episode threads about Himawari's popularity with the fans. Seems like quite a coincidence that the character everyone loves is the one with a fanservice-centric episode.
Mar 8, 2013 6:48 PM

Aug 2011
The amount of budget wasted on this show is ridiculous.
Mar 8, 2013 7:45 PM

Feb 2012
neontaster said:
Monad said:

wailofthebanshee said:

The Wakaba voice is also growing on me after I initially thought it was a bit weird. I also appreciate that they wear different clothes. I know it's a fanservice thing, but it's also more realistic - not that I need realism in a show like this, it's just nice to see them wear different clothes when they aren't at school.

And regarding the animation quality in this episode - I hope symbv sees this post - I wonder if this wasn't something they did on the fly because of the initial popularity of Himawari. Like if Wakaba turned out to be the most popular character then it would have been about her in different outfits looking all kawaii. So they saved this episode until they knew who was the most popular girl, and hence the quality was relatively bad. Just a dumb theory I thought of because of what was said in previous episode threads about Himawari's popularity with the fans. Seems like quite a coincidence that the character everyone loves is the one with a fanservice-centric episode.
I highly doubt it had anything to do with a character's popularity.

These eps take a month or so to develop. They likely already had 8 eps done before the show even aired so there's no way they could have taken any of that into account considering Himawari was introduced in like ep 3 I think.
Mar 8, 2013 7:48 PM

Nov 2011
Yvese said:

These eps take a month or so to develop. They likely already had 8 eps done before the show even aired so there's no way they could have taken any of that into account considering Himawari was introduced in like ep 3 I think.

Yes but they could have produced the episodes out of order. This could be one they intentionally started later and then stuck in earlier. Not saying that's what happened. It was just a thought.
Mar 8, 2013 8:02 PM

Apr 2011
Monad said:

wailofthebanshee said:

You're right. They don't have the money to put on the censors. XD
Mar 8, 2013 8:14 PM

Feb 2012
neontaster said:
Yvese said:

Yes but they could have produced the episodes out of order. This could be one they intentionally started later and then stuck in earlier. Not saying that's what happened. It was just a thought.
It's likely just a budget/time issue rather than intentional. I highly doubt they wanted to make an ep look bad. I don't think any producers want that. However, sometimes it's unavoidable. The choice is either delay the ep/show ( like GnP last season ), or just derp an ep and polish it for the BDs ( Psycho Pass ep 18 comes to mind )

Also, we've seen A-1 have many quality derps in their other anime e.g. Magi, Shinsekai, and even SAO.
YveseMar 8, 2013 8:18 PM
Mar 8, 2013 8:30 PM

Nov 2011
Yvese said:
neontaster said:
Yvese said:

It's likely just a budget/time issue rather than intentional. I highly doubt they wanted to make an ep look bad. I don't think any producers want that. However, sometimes it's unavoidable. The choice is either delay the ep/show ( like GnP last season ), or just derp an ep and polish it for the BDs ( Psycho Pass ep 18 comes to mind )

Also, we've seen A-1 have many quality derps in their other anime e.g. Magi, Shinsekai, and even SAO.

OK, that makes sense. Not like this episode had a ton going on anyway so you half ass it and then polish later for the BD.
Mar 8, 2013 8:55 PM

Sep 2012
looks like everyone is taking a like into Wakaba x Himawari :) Wakaba x Momo is fine too xD here's a question. why cant the other 2 members combine into another vivid when Akane and one of them is combined? @@ Hey gramps should start implementing that!

meanwhile, looks like Rei is running out of time......
Mar 8, 2013 11:25 PM

Jul 2011
Stark700 said:
MoonxArtemis said:

Well no there is no proof. But based on the episodes so far, that's what she has been made to believe.

And yeah, It is possible that her intentions will be discovered as soon as next ep.
or how you described it about the catastrophe. That would be interesting to see. Based on how long that takes, it could even leave room for a 2nd season.
I wish. haha.
Mar 9, 2013 1:55 AM

May 2009
im surprised no one commented on the strange yellow bottles that Himawari had all over her room.
Mar 9, 2013 4:47 AM

Feb 2008
piss bottles.
i know a lot of viewers think of the same thing too. in fact, i'd say it's pretty obvious.
Mar 9, 2013 6:25 AM

Sep 2009
I don't think they spent all budget already. Probably just made this ep cheap to save some for latter eps.

And yeah. I still wounder with whom to pair Akane but Wakaba x Himawari is OTP for me
Mar 9, 2013 8:03 AM

Aug 2011
Adair said:
The amount of budget wasted on this show is ridiculous.
Mar 9, 2013 12:55 PM

Jul 2010
Enjoyable Himawari and Wakaba centered episode. Nice change of pace from the last action packed ones. I really like these two more than Akari and Aoi to be honest.

Mar 9, 2013 5:58 PM

Jun 2009
What a Lesmantic episode.

So in Vividred-verse, Himawari = Cutest?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

207 by Azullion1 »»
Oct 30, 2022 11:11 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

bippo - Mar 28, 2013

170 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 9:10 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

115 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 8:26 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

84 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 30, 2022 7:34 AM

Poll: » Vividred Operation Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

79 by Gendolfas »»
Mar 29, 2022 12:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.