Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 10, 2008 2:49 PM
Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Who expected that?
I haven't read up to this part in the manga yet.
When I saw the end part where Kaname is telling Zero he was all just part of his plan I think I stopped breathing for a minute xD.
What does everyone else think?
Dec 10, 2008 3:55 PM
Feb 2008
I have read as far as the manga has gotten, so I knew what was going to happen. But I would have to agree with you, the end was my favorite. Especially when Zero was thinking about Yuuki and smirks ;-) oooo I <3 Zero. This is an awesome show!! I can't wait to see the fight animated!!!
Dec 10, 2008 4:20 PM

Apr 2008
THE PUREBLOOD PRINCESS.
:|
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2008 5:56 PM
Dec 2008
I really want to ask about the fight, but I don't want to spoil it. I'm going to be awake even later reading up to that chapter, I've already spoilt part of the future plot XD
Dec 10, 2008 11:19 PM

Jul 2008
LOL. I love Aidou and Yuuki's scene XD they're always hilarious.

Dec 11, 2008 8:26 PM

Feb 2008
Whooo~ catching up fast to the manga! :< Next episode's gonna be awesome!!! ~0~
Dec 12, 2008 6:55 AM
Sep 2008
lolz123 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Who expected that?
I haven't read up to this part in the manga yet.
When I saw the end part where Kaname is telling Zero he was all just part of his plan I think I stopped breathing for a minute xD.
What does everyone else think?

yeah i havent read that far in the manga (yet!!) and when he said that thing to zero i was like omg zeros the vampire knight!!!!! eeeeee

i knew there was a reason i liked zero more than kaname xD
Dec 12, 2008 8:15 AM

Aug 2008
is it me or is Yukki getting extremely annoyin?.. i havent read the manga but it seem the plot can ONLY get interesting when Yukki does something stupid.. in season 1 she was very niave but this season she just plain annoying i swear when she said she had to protect the day class i want put my hands around her neck to CHOKE HER!!! :(
Dec 12, 2008 11:25 AM

Aug 2007
Wow, how thick can you get when you deny that you're a vampire, as shown by the rejection of the Artemis Rod? Once again, Yuuki should not be so whiny. Pretty cute to see Aidou warming up a bit towards Yuuki, even if he has to or not, it's just funny. Woohoo, give me an awesome Kaien Cross! =D

Go Zero. Beat the hell out of that annoying Rido. Really.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Dec 12, 2008 4:05 PM

Nov 2007
Go Cross Kaien! So it comes down to Zero vs. Rido? Yuuki wants to actually do something with that tiny gun O_O? I'd have to agree Yuuki is kind of annoying now D: maybe if her vampire powers kicked in it wouldn't be so bad xD
Dec 12, 2008 5:02 PM

Dec 2008
I'm hoping myself that Zero gets more screentime... he hasn't been having any at all. And I'm also for some YuukixZero.

I agree... Yuuki has really been getting on my nerves since she's been turned into a vampire. Stupid Kaname. I really don't like Kaname at all. (I never liked him from the beginning... and making Yuuki into a vampire just really crossed my limit)

Even if Yuuki is this destined "Pureblood Princess" from the Kuran descendants, it's still just crossed the line. The pain Zero is going through right now is really making me feel bad. He never wanted Yuuki to be a vampire, it happened, she practically is against him (Though I shouldn't say that, Zero himself is basically implying that he hates her in her now vampire form).

Once again, I really really pray for some ZeroxYuuki in the future episodes.
Onegai Kami-sama!
you are my master.
Dec 12, 2008 7:04 PM

Jun 2008
meh i want kanamexyuuki don't really care though
Dec 12, 2008 9:05 PM

Jul 2008
EEP. Kaien without glasses. Had to pause every time they showed him or Yagari. Too much eye candy for one episode. I had enough nosebleeds for the week...

I did like the end, though I still hate both Kaname and Zero.

I wanna see what happens next, I haven't read that far into the manga either.
Dec 12, 2008 11:04 PM
Aug 2008
What an episode. I can just feel the tension. And Kaien Cross is the sexiest without glasses. So Zero is the vampire knight? Cool. I love zero.
Dec 13, 2008 11:19 AM

Nov 2008
Such a great episode.
I have read up to where the manga is and I have to say I really am happy they made this into an anime. Becasue, anything I didn't pick up on or get completely I do when watching the anime.
Can't wait for episode 11.
Dec 13, 2008 4:00 PM

Jan 2008
this is why i'm more fond of the anime than the manga. because i pay zero attention to the manga's other characters (zero is the only one in the manga as far as i'm concerned) XD. but i am enjoying how it's going atm. =3 still hating kaname and yuuki tho =D
Dec 13, 2008 8:48 PM

Jun 2007
I cant help but think that Kaname is pathetic needing Zero's help : )

Oh Chairman Cross~ he was so cool with his hair down and all xD

Did Rido kill Ichiru at the end? lol
Dec 14, 2008 8:27 AM
Dec 2007
DragonsWhip said:
Go Zero. Beat the hell out of that annoying Rido. Really.

Perfect ending : Zero takes the offer of Kaname, kills this annoying bastard (payback for all the arrogance, manipulation and humiliation he inflicted to the rest of the world) and Rido, then happy ending with Yuki, they have a lot of children, all is well that ends well, bye bye. Good ending, huh? Unfortunately it won't happen and we'll probably see some lame half-assed developments and an equally half-assed ending.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 14, 2008 11:10 AM

Jul 2007
Hmm.I had Vampire Knight on Hold.Then last night im thinking i could watch 1 ep.That was ep 7. And i was WTF? I watched 4 eps in a row(it was 1:00 when i started). Just fucking epic.My opinion on Kaname changed sooo much. So many twists that i really really didnt expect. I usually get that staff but i really failed here.Anyways i hope Zero can get rid of Rido cause i fucking hate him. Cross Kaien <--- Really Really want to watch him fight. Anyways i hope for the best in the last 3 eps.
Dec 14, 2008 3:44 PM

Aug 2008
WTF? Yuuki's hair got a lot longer. Nice place to strap the rod ;D

Kaname gets badass coat

Cross goes uber badass

emo moar Zero :|
Dec 14, 2008 5:08 PM

Jun 2007
lol Yuuki is no more annoying then Kaname. I don't understand why everyone is bitching about her so much. It's literally been a day since she turned back into a pure blood so it's no wonder she hasn't used her powers yet or has control over them. Give the girl a brake for god sakes.

Zero's roll in this seems kind of stupid. Cross could easily fill the roll of killing Rido.
Dec 15, 2008 7:46 AM

Jun 2008
November3leven said:
is it me or is Yukki getting extremely annoyin?.. i havent read the manga but it seem the plot can ONLY get interesting when Yukki does something stupid.. in season 1 she was very niave but this season she just plain annoying i swear when she said she had to protect the day class i want put my hands around her neck to CHOKE HER!!! :(

It's not only you. For me, Yuuki is getting really, really annoying. In fact all the day class girls are annoying. I mean there is a reason for the school authorities need to evacuate the school but what do our silly hormonal day class girls do? They sneak off to look for the night class students. Back to Yuuki, she really irritates me more.
Dec 15, 2008 10:07 AM

May 2008
It was great episode. Full of action. I love Cross with this serious look :D He's awsome :P
I fell bad for Yuuki, because she still wants to be like human, but she can't. It's sad... She want's to be with Kaname and do what he says, because she knows that he do it for her sake, but she also want to protect her friends.
And Zero... At the same time he loves and hates Yuuki. But in the end I think love will win. I hope love will win...
Dec 16, 2008 7:19 AM

Jul 2007
hanabiii said:
I cant help but think that Kaname is pathetic needing Zero's help : )

Oh Chairman Cross~ he was so cool with his hair down and all xD

Did Rido kill Ichiru at the end? lol

It's not that he doesn't have the power to kill Rido, it's that he can't kill him because Rido is the one who woke him up.

Yes, Cross kicks ass.
Dec 17, 2008 11:33 AM

Aug 2008
Ours! The Kaname is truily manipulating! Everything to Zero to finish with its enemy!
Dec 18, 2008 8:54 PM

Jan 2008
seems like its going to both kaname and zero's favor

well zero will be the most powerful vampire/vampire hunter both at the same time.. so yeah that goes to his favor

and all these are planned by kaname.. so whether he will get the girl or not.. its still going according to his plan...

i think, if zero and yuuki will to get together at the end.. its not because kaname loses her, more like he gave her up to zero's care... thats what i think...

its all according to plan... how devious of kaname.. i love it.. can't wait zero to kick some major butt.. i love zero too... but i love aido the most
MY SIGNATURE

Dec 19, 2008 12:18 AM

Nov 2008
Yuuki was very annoying in this episode. Too bad she cannot handle artemis her weapon.

Some very battle between Vampires and Level Es. Especially with the fire and ice elements being nicely done and shown.

Kaien Cross so very cool with his sword and skills I do think that Yori is too nosy and what a shock she is still friends after Yuuki became a vampire. Guess that is true frienship.

Rido is awake finally! Great stuff!

The whole sequence of Yuuki's dream of Shizuka and her message was done rather well although I do not agreed that her wishes would be a reality but I do agreed that in reality the humans and vampires would never work regardless of the effort. Well the whole messages of duty and escaping is clear: you cannot escape such duties sometimes.

Zero..........WTF are you doing seriously? I mean should he not escape or do something else than being imprisoned?

Yagari! Great fight of his to oppose the association wanting to capture Zero. Now that was nice just like seeing Kaien Cross fight other vampires

1.Rido! Best bad ass guy in this season!
2.Zero please move your ass instead of stying like that.

In the end great fights! Also story progression is getting better!
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 19, 2008 9:36 PM

Dec 2008
Yeah heres where the action begins! Great episode for me, followed with the manga for the most part. Zero is the "horse" that will take down the opposing "king" (Rido) due to all the pureblood in his system and the fact that he is a hunter. Kaein Cross being the "legendary" vampire slayer also answers my question in the previous episode..

Yuuki becomes more straightforward in this episode and thinks of a good way to use a vampire hunting weapon (a gun for the time being, can't wait for her "ultimate weapon" lol). The academy day class is notified to leave the school (which is now a battlefield) for their own safety. And we get to see a glimpse of Yagari's true potential (being able to hold back, possibly take down a group of the vampire associations best). Good episode and a good amount of character development, so close to surpassing the manga. And I must not leave out the fact that Rido is now awakened!
Dec 21, 2008 4:48 PM

Aug 2007
I love chairman!
The end

Dec 26, 2008 4:04 AM

Jul 2008
I don't know why everyone is hates Yuuki just because she hasn't used her vampire powers yet. To me, this episode revolved around how she's not use to being a vampire. I mean, she's lived 10 years as a relatively normal human and than all of a sudden, she finds out she's the fartherest thing from human.

She's going to have to give up everything she's known and loved for 10 years of her life and even when she was a vampire, she was completely shut off from the outside world.

I think that after all that, she's entitled to some whining. What has been annoying me for both series though is how blind she is to Zero's feelings. She hasn't stopped thinking about Kaname long enough to realize how much Zero loves her. It reminds me of all the romance series where a guy has like, 8 girls in love with him and doesn't notice.
Dec 28, 2008 1:49 AM

Jan 2008
Yeah! Go Chairman! lol. XD
Feb 13, 2009 12:20 PM

Nov 2008
Finally we can see the fighting of the chariman.
Feb 15, 2009 12:23 AM
Feb 2009
I have a question so Kaname is Yuuki's Bother but he makes the comment about being happier if he were her real bother or something along thoughs lines....is there more to the sibling story....? Because Kaname looks an awful lot like Rido.....or is that just me..?!
Feb 16, 2009 1:44 PM
Jul 2008
ery1s gone over the top sexy... lol.... zero becoming the strongest??? wow!!! i really want to see what haooens next

Aug 14, 2010 11:27 PM

Nov 2009
i dont like the fact that 1 of the twins has 2 devour the other. . . hmm i cant believe they evacuated the whole skool... man some of those students can be idiots... "I jus wanna see the night class 1 more time" eh =P and wow Yori i think now knows Yuuki is a vampire!!! awesome =D lol it was so epic where they all started killing the vampires attacking the students!!! >.< wasnt Shizuka the pure blood Kaname killed??? hmm it was interesting 2 see her again... lol it was funny how Hanabusa was like "Your hungry" hehe that was so nice of him... and wow Rido rose!!! eep. . .i cant wait 2 see the battle!!!
Feb 23, 2011 1:48 AM

Oct 2008
I'm getting bored.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 13, 2012 7:42 AM

Jun 2011
So when did Yuuki suddenly grow long hair?
Mar 20, 2012 7:08 PM

Oct 2009
Hmmm rewatching vampire knight at the moment
But I just noticed something funny :']

http://i40.tinypic.com/5bo2ok.png
Doesn't he look a lot like Noaki from Junjou Romantica?! XD
Apr 4, 2012 7:08 PM

Jun 2008
-.- Hating Kaname more and more with each episode.
Apr 7, 2012 12:04 AM

Jul 2011
okay rido awake!!! some goos action should happen

zero i love you but stop being a pussy... cat.

kaname is still a dick

yuki still annoying no even more annoying if that was even possible

oh and headmaster kaiyan cross is a sexy badass
Jul 20, 2012 1:01 PM

Feb 2011
I hate the animation in the fighting scenes .
Jul 27, 2012 2:30 PM

May 2012
Great episode now the battle with Rino will start!
Nov 4, 2013 5:08 PM

Jan 2013
Wohoo free days for the students :D. Awsome.
First seasons ED makes more sense now..

"Sayonara" -So mean... But guess some sleep is necessary, thank you Kaname-san.
Jun 13, 2015 7:49 AM

Jun 2010
ummyeah said:
THE PUREBLOOD PRINCESS.
:|

That's so not true. She's a human. And vampires can't turn themselves into humans.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2016 9:10 AM

Aug 2013
With the finale approaching I wonder how much of the manga this series covers.
May 24, 2017 2:13 PM

Jul 2013
I thought when Yuki picked up her staff, won't it hurt her? and then it did, yeah, she seemed to forget how it worked lol.

All the vampires coming and attacking! D: it's like all our war!!

Awww, Yori still wants to be best friends with Yuki! Bless her! how sweet! :3

Yuki can see Shizuka's dreams or something, how odd!

Wow, so Zero was Kaname's pawn to kill Rido all along since he can't, interesting and the way he's made him so powerful and Yuki and Ichiru! unexpected.

That's why he kept saying Zero would never betray Yuki and kept him around, so he would protect Yuki by killing Rido when they disappeared! that's crazy and very good manipulation on his part!
Aug 7, 2019 10:25 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
The big fight is starting but I have this feeling Yuki will get on my nerves soon again xD
She was rather "ok" the last few episodes, but its coming again I feel it lol

Aug 16, 2020 6:39 PM
Oct 2019
I don't understand why Rido has power over Kaname. Because he woke Kaname? Why was Kaname asleep? If Kaname is the progenitor, what happened in the past? What's that giant metal table thing with chains and blood everywhere they keep showing?

(Previous episode:) That scene where Kaname destroyed Rido's body after Rido killed Haruka is different then the opening scene in season 1 where Kaname saved Yuki. What up with that?

The Hunter Association is crooked? Hunters ate vampires to gain their power?

Finally got to see Kaname's plan laid out. But how's he been grooming Zero for 4 years?

Yuki is actually kind of likeable now. But she still has moments of stupidity, like with trying to handle Artemis.

This is getting pretty good. Hope it's all resolved by the end of episode 13.
Dec 18, 2020 10:39 PM
Jul 2014
I lol’d at the end when Kaname tells yuki “I am going somewhere and I want you to come with me” and yuki is like “no fak u i gotta be guardian” but then the place kaname wanted to go was to zero. LMAO missed opportunity cuz the whole time Yuki wanted to see Zero HAHAHA the irony... too funny.
Dec 31, 2021 8:43 PM

May 2018
I am extremely invested but my god it’s reallllly hard to get past the incest thing lmao. Been reading the manga too and I’m excited to see where it goes
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 29, 2008

242 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 11, 8:05 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 12 Discussion

lonehunter88 - Dec 22, 2008

46 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 7, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuemauricebackup - Dec 16, 2008

56 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 7, 8:17 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 9 Discussion

Kuemauricebackup - Dec 1, 2008

45 by almightybismarck »»
Jan 27, 10:43 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rie - Nov 24, 2008

73 by almightybismarck »»
Jan 27, 8:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.